Christmas Spirit

Snow had finally arrived to London a week before Christmas. Everywhere, you could see young, old, happy, tired people shopping for their loved ones. The cold had finally sunk in and Ginny had accepted the fact that her baby bump would have to be covered with all those layers of clothing making her look just fat other than pregnant. The young mother-to-be took the time she had in hands and was getting herself busy with the Christmas Eve dinner she had planned out for their friends. She figured it was the first and probably only holidays she would have the time to do such thing. She sent out invitations and for her joy and surprise almost everyone was excited to attend. Mrs. Weasley insisted on doing the cooking but after a long discussion, she finally convinced her mother that she and Flory would be enough for the job. 

Ginny had just arrived home from a day out trying to find a gift for Harry, which ended up being the hardest task ever. It wasn't her first attempt but her third, and still she couldn't manage to think of anything. But her hopes hadn't died and she was still positive that during the weekend's last minute Christmas shopping they were meant to do, she would definitely find something for her husband. She went straight to the drawing room hoping to find Harry who should already be home from work. Nothing. She went upstairs to the study, the bedroom, Teddy's room and finally went to the kitchen to find the little house-elf starting to work on dinner.

"Hello, Flory!" She greeted the pink elf and made sure to her there was no need to bow. As the elf accepted it and got back to cooking, Ginny asked "Have you seen Harry?" 

"Yes, Mistress Ginny. Master has left a note." Flory pointed to a bit of parchment on the table which Ginny took on a heartbeat. It read:

Dear Ginny, 

I'm running some errands with Ron and I’ll be back right in time for dinner. 

Love you, 

Harry

"Well, if he's with Ron, there's nothing wrong with me going to see Hermione before dinner, right, Flory?" Ginny announced not really expecting an answer. "I'll be home for dinner, as well.” And with that she floo-called her friend to ask to go over and when she said there was no problem, the girl flooed to her Hermione’s flat. 

~

Harry and Ron were at the new house finishing the repairs on the porch. It was finally the last thing to be done before they could move in January. Ron had been complaining about the cold for as long as they had begun working, twenty minutes before. 

"Okay, done. You can shut up now, Ron!" Harry said with a bit of enjoyment in his voice. “But there's just one more thing." 

Ron frowned to his friend. "And what's that now?" The redhead man asked while putting his wand on his pocket. 

"Don't put that way just yet. We'll need it to set up Ginny's Christmas present." Harry led them to the broom-shack near the garage. He opened the door and pulled out 3 mini Quidditch goal posts. Ron eyes went wide open when he realized what Harry had in his hands.

“BLOODY HELL! You're giving Ginny a Quidditch pitch?" 

"Well, half pitch to be exact. Do you think she will like it?" Harry asked looking to his friend with some doubt in his eyes.

"Of course! She'll love it!" Ron cried out. Harry grinned self-consciously and enlarged the goal posts to their normal size so the two wizards could set it up in the house's large backyard.