Love Vacationing

2005 arrived with an unusual happiness for the Weasley and Potter families and friends. The New Years’ Party was a complete success and everyone had a blast, entering the new year with the best of hopes of a wonderful year ahead. Indeed, the young couples had no idea of how much 2005 was full of surprises for all of them. 

Harry Potter was once again full of concerns in the office when he came back after the holidays' break. With Ron’s resignation, Harry was left with no partner for the time being, making him stay out of missions outside the office (for much of Ginny’s relief). The Head Auror had at least ten investigations going at the same time. The previous september he had only received 6 trainees, which meant that the office still was understaffed. Harry himself had taken in his hands the training program, so he could release the Aurors for other missions and investigations. He had decided to stop by Hogwarts and have a little chat with Headmistress Mcgonagall about students who were interested in the Auror business. Harry was happy to know that year more than 15 students were aiming for the career. It was only a matter if they managed to get their NEWT’s or not. Harry also noted how he didn’t see Dean applying for the job, and was actually quite relieved by it. He was still a bit disturbed that his old school friend tried to take his bride away. 

The Quidditch season restarted mid-January when the weather began to be flyable. With the season back on, Ginny Potter had come back to two weekly columns to write. Teddy’s school break had also finished and the little boy was more than happy to go back to it. He had made a couple friends his age and also quite liked his teacher, Miss Clearwater. 

Actually, when he expressed his feeling towards his teacher, it was on Christmas day at the Burrow, during lunch. Percy himself had asked Teddy about his school and when the boy told him about the teacher (Harry and Ginny hadn’t commented about Penelope yet), Percy spilled his drink, making Harry and Ginny suffocate a loud laugh. Audrey was confused when everybody started laughing and making fun of Percy. It’s still not known if he ever told Audrey that their future kids’ teacher was his ex-girlfriend at Hogwarts. 

Hermione and Ron were still trying to get pregnant, but they followed Ginny’s words and stopped worrying about it. Hermione stopped herself from daily doing a pregnancy test and decided to just enjoy her husband the best she could. With the weather getting better, Ron and Ginny began their weekly Quidditch matches at the Potter Cottage, while Hermione and Harry went to the movies trying to watch every one they missed since the last time they were able to go. 

Angelina had decided to start looking for a job as soon as Fred turned one, for much of Mrs. Weasley happiness. The Weasley matriarch lived to take care of her grandchildren and almost convinced Fleur to not enroll Victoire into Gaillard Institute, just so the little girl could still be with her. When Ginny found out, she was possessed and immediately talked with her mum and Fleur. The latter agreed there was no sense in not enrolling Vic in school. 

As for the other couples, love was the word in session. Katie and Oliver were closer than ever. It was announced that Oliver would be Puddlemore United’s coach starting next season and Oliver couldn’t ask for a better person to be by his side during all this fuss on his life. Susan and Seamus were happier than they ever were. One night they were going out on a date, they ran into Jack, Susan’s ex. It was the most awkward moment ever, as Seamus later told Harry and Ron, and despite the fact Jack seemed fit for murderer, Seamus was the bigger man and simply ignored the large man. Apparently, even the trio’s former arch enemy was in love. One day early January, Harry read in the Daily Prophet the announcement of Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass’ wedding. Finally, Luna and Rolf arrived on the first week of February and Ginny of course insisted on a welcome party for them on the first saturday of the month.