Meetings In Diagon Alley

"YES!" Ginny yelled as soon as the question sank in. Of course she would accept being the godmother of their unborn child. Harry found himself beaming widely at his best friends. Did they ever think he wouldn't want to be the godfather of their child? The foursome rose from the table and had a big group hug.

"Thank Merlin you said yes!" Ron sighed. "We didn't have a backup!" 

Ginny slapped her brother's arm. "Never in a million year we would've said no, Ron!"

"Just don't spoil him or her too much, will you?" Hermione joked.

"Coming from you, Hermione?" Harry snorted. "I swear to Merlin, if James comes out all wrong, I'm blaming it on you." At the end of his treat, Harry was smiling nonetheless.

Hannah finally came over to give James back to his parents. She and Alicia had been playing with him, but even they had to go as it was getting dark. Eventually, Teddy and Victoire met the family back in the living room, super excited about their flying lessons with Katie and Oliver. The couple was the last to leave, leaving only the family. Obviously, Mrs. Weasley insisted they all stayed for dinner, but one by one, every couple excused themselves to go home. 

"Today was quite a day, wasn't it?" Arthur asked his wife when they were both getting inside their bed. 

"It was, indeed. The first birthday of our 3rd grandchild, news about the 5th on the way. I couldn't be happier!" Molly replied, beaming at the thought of Hermione's pregnancy. 

"I overheard Ron and Hermione asking Ginny and Harry to be the baby's godparents."

Molly turned her head to her husband. "Really? I can't say I am surprised."

"Do you remember when Harry and Ginny started dating?" Arthur laughed, being joined by his wife.

"How can't I forget? But I think Ginny and Harry got their revenge just fine when it came to Ron and Hermione's turn."

Arthur took off his glasses and placed them on the nightstand. "Well, remember me to never be on the wrong side of those two. They know how to do a reck of a revenge."

~

Harry and Ginny never forgot about how Ron wrote to the Weasley's when they first got together in sixth year and they swore back in the day that it wouldn't end like that. Revenge is a plate best served cold and they were in no rush to have Ron taste his own venom. 

In the summer after the war, Ron and Hermione escaped the media attention and went to Australia together in order to find the Grangers and give their memories back. That task ended up being easier than they predicted and they found Hermione's parents within a week. They spent the rest of June and start of July in Australia with her parents and enjoying each other company. It was there where they came to terms with their feelings and finally started officially dating. They decided to keep it a secret for awhile until the whole war thing calmed down a knot and so only the family knew about their relationship, even when Hermione boarded the Hogwarts Express the following September with Ginny to complete her education.   

The first months after Harry and Ginny got together for the third time (whilst in Hogsmeade) were really difficult for them to be together since Ginny was still at school. Their relationship grew strong after her graduation, during the summer they spent together, before Harry became a second year trainee and Ginny started booty camp for the Harpies. They spent nearly every evening together during the week (as Harry had to work during the day) and the whole weekend just them, London and Grimmauld Place.