A Trip Down Memory Lane

The weeks had passed and Harry and Ron were still out there. The swedish Ministry ended up being reluctant to help the british aurors, making it hard for them to keep their plan  on going. The weak communication between the team on the field and the office was also turning things a bit more complicated than Ron expected. Nevertheless, they were still getting results and closer and closer to the dark wizards they had been tailing and investigating for months. Indeed the talent reunited was undeniable. 

The team was gathered on a forest in the middle of Finland, where they last lost track of their suspects. They had decided to camp for the weekend to restructure their plan according to the new data they had collected.

A three bedroom tent was assembled and, except for meeting time, a guard was set and each partner pair alternated between the hours. The firsts to go were Finnegan and Bones, giving the rest of them some rest.

Harry and Ron sat at the kitchen table, looking awfully tired. Ron summoned a parchment and a quill so to write to Hermione. Harry pulled out his mirror from his well-protected inside pocket. 

"Ginny, hon? Are you there?" Harry called out. 

"You should have freshen up before calling her. You look like hell, mate!" Ron pointed out. Harry let a tired grin show, acknowledging his friend's attempt to make him laugh. 

"Harry!!" Ginny answered on the mirror. "Oh, you look like hell!" Both men snorted a laugh. "How are things?"

"Oh, they are... Progressing. I feel we are getting closer everyday, Gin. I can't wait to go home, though. I miss you and Teddy so much."

But before Harry could go on, Hermione yelled from the background. "What about me, hah? Don't you miss me, Harry?"

"Hermione, you're there??" Ron sounded like a kid on Christmas. It was the first time Harry had called Ginny that Hermione was there too. Harry handed him the mirror while Ginny did the same to Hermione, letting them talk for awhile. 

Hermione went on and on about how the Ministry was a dull without them and how the flat was so quiet. Harry could hear Ginny yelling to Teddy be careful on the back. He probably was playing outside with his toy broomstick. 

"I miss you too. Love you." Said Ron, returning the mirror back to Harry. "Thanks"

"No problem, mate." Harry turned again to talk to Ginny. "But, how are you? How's James?"

"He's great, Harry. I went to St. Mungo's yesterday with Mum to have my last checkup and the Healer said it was alright and I should expect him right in time."

Harry nodded, smiling self-consciously. "I can't believe it's almost time. It's crazy how time has gone by. Well, hon, I should go get some rest."

"Yes, you should! Take care of yourself, Harry. I still want a husband when you come back." 

"The same goes to you, Ron!" Hermione screamed.

"Don't worry, we will. Send my love to Teddy, ok? I love you, Ginny!"

"I love you too. Bye Ron, bye Harry!" Ginny blew a kiss which Harry faked to have received it catching with his hand. Ron laughed at his best friend while rolling his eyes. Harry placed the mirror back into his pocket and then stared at Ron. "You know you have no right to make jokes about me and Ginny, don't you?"

"I don't know what you mean!"

Harry got up and headed to their bedroom, but as he was getting there he turned and said. "Sometimes you forget I'm Hermione's best friend too. She tells me things... Good night!" Harry left, leaving Ron with a mortified look.