Party Much

Harry Potter sat behind his desk at his office, playing with his stuffed snitch while analyzing his picture with Ron, taken at Ron's wedding, just before the couple left for the honeymoon. Harry had had a few fire-whiskeys by then and was wishing lots of sex to the newlyweds. Ron was blushing while hugging his friend who was laughing with an innocent face. Hermione and Ginny were at the side of the picture saying their goodbyes as well. He let his mind wonder back to all the good times he had spent with Ron. He wouldn't be anything without him, without his friendship and companionship. There wouldn't be a Harry Potter without a Ron Weasley nor without a Hermione Granger. We're the Golden fucking trio, Harry thought.

It was the first of May, which meant the first working day without Ron at his Head of Mission Planning office. He had indeed filled his resignation that monday after Teddy's birthday.  When Harry got at the Ministry that morning, he had to stop himself from ordering two coffees at the coffee station in the Lobby and almost went into the empty office to greet his best friend how he did every morning. Although it was saturday, the department was working so Monday they could all take the day off. Harry was so taken by his own thoughts and sorrow, he didn't hear the knocking on his door.

"Harry?" A familiar voice called. 

He looked up and immediately sat upright on his chair and greeted Minister Shacklebolt. 

"Minister, what do I own the pleasure?" He tried his best to look excited.

"Just wanted to have a chat. What's bothering you, Potter?" Kingsley looked where Harry's eyes went on his desk and he could see the moving picture of the two friends. "Sulking about Ron's departure, are you?" Harry looked up and nodded, while signalizing for him to sit down.

"I see Auror Finnegan has come back." Kingsley started.

"Has he? He was supposed to be back today, but I haven't left my office yet." Harry admitted. 

"They're having a bit of a celebration out there. I think Auror Bones advised everyone to not bother you today." Harry smiled with the consideration. Sometimes he just liked to be alone and that was one of those times. "But I'm here for other reasons, Harry. First, I would like to personally congratulate you on the success of the mission last month. I was just with the Wizargamot earlier as they signed the last parchments to send the lasts of the terrorists to Azkaban."

"Good, sir. Thank you!"

"Secondly, I didn't have the chance of saying this at the party, but congrats on James and Teddy. James is the cutest baby and Teddy is growing up to be a very nice and polite kid."

"Well, thank you. You know, Teddy is just like his parents. I hope Remus and Tonks are proud of him, wherever they are." Harry's green eyes were filled with sadness as he remembered his loving teacher and friend. 

"I'm sure they are. And I'm also sure that your dad, Sirius and Remus are also proud of you, Harry. You've become a wonderful person and it's been an honor to watch you become that." Harry grinned a bit awkward about the praises he was receiving. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about Mrs. Weasley."

"Kingsley, seriously? Which one?" Harry joked, lighting up a bit.

"Right, Hermione that is." Harry nodded and he carried on. "I also learned they were approving her laws. I'm really proud about her work and I think that she would be better off working at the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I want to revolutionize our out-to-date laws and I believe she's our best shot."

"Yeah, I agree. But what does that mean to me?"

"I wanted to ask you to personally offer her a position on the Department."