Fate Series: Mordred Oneshots

By WinterWolf1377

For all of you Mordred fans out there, here's a book of oneshots for one of Apocrypha's best girls. Unfortuna... More

Before You Read
Friday Knights
A Master's Will
Knights of the Square Table
Recollection
Alternate Hope
Good of the Grail Pt.1
Good of the Grail Pt.2
Salvation
Time Equivalent Pt.1
Time Equivalent Pt. 2
Master of Tokugawa
Shoot and Tie
To Be King
Strike Three
As It Seems
Lingering Pt.1
Lingering Pt.2
Sunrise is Always Red
Dreary Days
What Matters
Beats Per Minute
Significant
After You Read

Residential Crisis

1.2K 22 3
By WinterWolf1377

First off, I am apologizing for how late this is. Secondly, I added a little something new this time. And there is probably a small spoiler for FGO but it shouldn't be too much of a spoiler.
______________________________________

        "We just got the signal. She must be in the area. We'll have to capture her and that thing this time." The person that had spoken was almost ignored by (y/n) as he walked by. If it weren't for the fact that the man bumped shoulders with him as they walked, (y/n) wouldn't have even heard him. The individual dressed in a blue suit didn't even think to apologize for running into him.

        "Mages these days. Can't stand them," (y/n) thought to himself. He too was a mage, but had become one by force. It was never his intention to be adopted into a magus family and forced to study their practices. He didn't want to live the life of a mage, so he made his escape. It was easy especially considering the type of magic he knew. He hadn't simply given in to his adoptive family's desires. He had began planning his escape since the moment he determined he wanted to be a normal human being.

        His thoughts were inturpted when he sensed a terrifyingly strong magic presence. Not even mages could create such energy and if they did, it was likely forbidden. "Nope. Not gonna do it." Nothing good ever comes from getting into other people's business. He quickened his pace knowing that the source was coming from behind him. "Those mages must be involved. I've got to get out of here."

        Then came the tremors followed by the screams of innocent bystanders. (Y/n) stopped in his tracks. "No, don't turn around. You are not a hero. Whatever just happened is none of your business," he told himself. It was hard to keep moving ahead especially with his magic circuits practically itching in anticipation to be used in a fight. As he walked along the sidewalk, he began to see people running past him. He quickened his pace to a jog refusing to look back.

        Then he heard the roar. (Y/n)'s pupils dialated as he let his magecraft take effect. "出てくる、天体の槍!" (y/n) spoke as he faced the beast that was causing such a crisis. His weapon formed in his hand, the spearhead sharpened to near perfection. A ring of light appeared over his head to match the one around the spear itself. Anyone near him simply avoided him and kept running.

        The source of the strong magical signal and cause of so much panic was a white beast with a tail flowing in many different colors behind it. Horns adorned its head and its fangs were easily the size of the very weapon that (y/n) held. Needless to say, the thing was enormous. "I just have to stop this thing. That's all. Then I can leave," he muttered as he began to run towards it.

        The monster was being attacked by various mages including the ones (y/n) had seen earlier, but they weren't doing anything more than angering it. It was like watching gold fish assault a shark, and that was something (y/n) never wanted to see again. It was a very scaring experience to say the least...

        "Everyone get clear of the area!" (y/n) shouted to the few fools who were not mages and remained behind to snap photos or take videos of the threat. He was about to take aim at the beast's head when he spotted another potential problem. An individual in armor was clearing the mages out of the area with a sword. It wasn't that (y/n) cared about the mages being attacked. He was more concerned with the fact that this armored person was defending the enraged beast.

        Just as the mysterious person was about to cut down a mage, (y/n) intervened by blocking the blow with the handle of his spear. This took his enemies and this newcomer by surprise for neither side had taken amy notice of him. He had two options. Deal with this person first and stop the beast afterwards, or deal with the beast while avoiding this person who would most likely attempt to stop him.

        "You're in my way!" she snapped as she forced him aside with a shockwave of red energy. Yes, even with her helmet on, (y/n) could tell that this was a woman that he was fighting. Not just that, but her magical signature was far beyond the normal capacity for mages.

        "No, you're in my way," (y/n) growled as he skidded to a hault and lept forward at the armored woman. He intended to do nothing more than to disarm her in order to take her weapon so he could stop the beast. The creature wasn't going anywhere else but was still causing damage and chaos in such a usually peaceful residential area.

        The swordswoman veered to the side just in time to avoid (y/n)'s strike and aimed her sword at his head. Just before her sword could reach his neck, (y/n) managed to leap backwards having activated the other half of his magecraft, flight. Unfortunately for him, this put him on the beast's radar and it fixed its gaze on him. "Crap..."

        (Y/n) saw the creature lift its clawed paw to swat at him. He was fast enough to dodge the attack, but the sheer force behind it brought a strong draft that threw him against the wall of a nearby building. With the wind knocked out of him, he fell to the ground in pain, but still relatively unharmed. As soon as he was back on his feet, he noticed that a group of the remaining mafes had surrounded him. "Can't you guys tell that I'm on your side," he muttered with a sigh.

        "Save it. We know your a pseudo servant. We're taking you in along with the other two," a woman with palm aimed at him stated.

        "Huh? These people think I'm a pseudo...oh crap, I forgot." The aura was coming from his spear and being transferred to his body, so it did seem as if he was a false servant. Even so, the woman's words made (y/n) realize that the real servant was not his enemy nor was the beast that they were trying to capture.

        Not wishing to waste and time on the mages around him, (y/n) struck the ground with the blunt end of his spear sending a shockwave of energy that knocked them back. He didn't hesitate to take to the skies again, this time going straight to the beast's head.  The swordswoman couldn't do anything to stop him having been occupied with reinforcements. This operation had obviously been premeditated.

        This time, (y/n) was out of range for the monster to swat at him, but he did have to avoid being bitten. He didn't even want to know how much PSI was behind that bite. Instead he landed on the beast's head which resulted in a violent shake similar to that of a wet dog as the creature attempted to get him off.

        "I'm trying to help you! Calm down or you and your friend down there are both going to mage prison, and it's not a fun place! Trust me!" (y/n) shouted at he held on to the animal's fur for dear life. He doubted the beast would give him time to make an aerial recovery before attacking should (y/n) end up being succesfully shaken from his place. Lucky for him, the beast went still and assisted the swordswoman by clearing a group of mages with one swipe. If it weren't for the fact that (y/n) had long since disconnected his concern from mages, he'd have felt sorry for them.

        "Good, you understand me. I'm assuming you morphed into this form, so I'm going to have to ask you to...unmorph? You know what I mean right?" Much to (y/n)'s surprise, the beast exploded into a cloud of what seemed like glitter decorated white fog. As (y/n) fell into the substance, his surroundings vanished and he oanicked thinking he had been plunged into outserspace for that's exactly what it looked like. The only thing keeping him from actually freaking out was the fact that he could still breath and the faint sounds of battle and confused mages.

        Just as the realization hit him, the illusion vanished, leaving him hovering in the sky just above the ground. In front of him sat a small...rabbit?

        "Fou?" the now tiny creature squeaked. Or did it meow? (Y/n) really had no idea what this thing was, but he landed on the ground and picked up the docile animal as the mages and swordswoman made their way to him.

        "Okay, now all that's left is to get her out of her. I really should have just minded my own business..." (y/n) muttered as the mages, now few in number, still attempted to go through with their initial objective. He didn't understand why they were so convinced that they could succesfully fight a servant, an enormous but now tiny creature, and still take down the supposed pseudo servant that had joined the fray.

        "You bastard, give him back," the swordswoman growled as she dashed at him. (Y/n) simply sighed, realizing that this wasn't going to be as easy as he had hoped. He placed the furball onto his shoulder assuming the little guy would stay put.

        "Maybe if you'd let me explain myself before you attack, you wouldn't even need to be fighting right now," (y/n) pointed out. "I swear, you're acting almost worse than mages." He brought his spear up to parry her attack, but saw a mage attempting to interfere with their battle. Instead of parrying, he decided to attempt to dodge the blow as he got behind the swordswoman and used his spear to absorb the bolt of lighting that the mage had thrown. (Y/n) was cut in the process having not fully dodged the initial attack, but his temporary pseudo servant state allowed him to ignore the pain. Should he return to normal, he'd likely have some other normal human reaction to being wounded.

        "Quickly, subdue him. He can't move and block this at the same time!" the same man that had interfered spoke to his remaining comrade.

        "Well aren't you smart," (y/n) thought in annoyance since he did indeed have to stay put to take the lighting without any damage, but what the mage didn't know was that he was merely charging (y/n)'s ability. The closest thing he had to a noble phantasm required quite a bit of magic from his own body as well as his weapon. "Hey, sword lady, back me up for a minute. Then I'll get you and this furball out of here."

        The swordswoman, still having stood there in confusion from the fact that (y/n) had taken a hit for her, hesitated for a moment. Only when the second lighting bolt hit him did she snap out of her trance and take action. The only problem is that she didn't take the action (y/n) expected her to take.

        "This is the sword that destroyed my father..." she began. (Y/n) of course knew it was a noble phantasm. In a residential area, there were likely to be nonmage casualties if she performed whatever it was that she was about to do as her sword began to conjure a bright red aura.

        "No, no, no, wait! Don't do that!" (y/n) said. Lucky for him, the mages had began to flee once seeing the swordswoman's attack. They weren't complete fools afterall it seemed. Unfortunately, this swordswoman showed no signs of stopping her noble phantasms. "カドモスの楯野!" (Y/n) quickly changed his spear into its shield form and the ring of light that had been around the spear was now circling the shield. "I've never done this with a noble phantasm before but...maybe it'll work," (y/n) thought seconds before the swordswoman spoke the last words to activate her noble phantasm.

        "Clarent Blood Arthur!" The red light suddenly seemed like a red beam of death. Immediately, (y/n) felt immense regret for having thought his borrowed power could stop a true servant's most powerful skill.

        "You know, I really didn't plan on dying today," was the last thought to go through his head before the beam was too bright too look at. For a good minute, (y/n) stood there wondering why he hadn't been blasted away. Then he heard the creature on his shoulder give a small cry and he opened one eye to see that his shield had indeed worked as he had hoped. The spear could take in magecraft in small amounts compared to the black hole capabilities of the shield. The red beam of dead became nothing more than a power source leaving no one harmed in the process. "I'm not dead!" (y/n) spoke with relief. He hadn't realized that he'd said that out loud.

        "Hey, what's your problem? Were you trying to get yourself killed jumping in front of my noble phantasm like that?" The swordswoman had approached him and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt for he was wearing no armor. As soon as she did, (y/n) activated his final ability. "未来に再配置."

        Instantly, he along with the swordswoman and the fluffy thing on his shoulder were in a new environment. He had teleported them to a rice field in a remote area in the country although he himself had no idea where that was. The spell itself always threw him somewhere random, but it was always safe.

        "The heck did you just do?" the swordswoman muttered as she let him go and turned to take in her surroundings. Her helmet disappeared allowing (y/n) to finally get a glimpse of her face. "Guess those stupid magic people are gone now. That's a good thing," she muttered. Then the rest of her armor disappeared revealing casual clothes. Or did the casual clothes replace the armor? (Y/n) didn't know since he was still staring at her face.

        "Fouu! Ou...fou fou," the little animal thing spoke as it jumped from (y/n)'s shoulder and landed next to the swordswoman. She seemed to understand the strange language and rolled her eyes in response.

        "This is Cath Palug. He wants me to thank you for getting us out of the area. You're lucky you didn't die. You're not a servant. You shouldn't be getting involved with servant business," she said.

        "I wasn't going to die. As long as I'm like this, I'm unaffected by most stuff until I go back to normal. But, you understand that thing?" (y/n) said, still staring at the woman in front of him. Cath Palug proceeded to curse (y/n) out in his own little language for insulting him, yet (y/n) didn't understand a thing. All he knew was that the swordswoman was smirking a bit at whatever had been said.

        "So you're just a human. Not bad. I thought you were one of those fake servants at first. What's your name?"

        "(Y/n). And yours is? Well, I already have a vague guess but I'm not sure about it," (y/n) spoke.

        "I'm Mordred, the best knight Camelot has to offer. You're human but you've got the fighting spirit of a servant. I like that. Maybe father will let you become a knight at the round table with us," Mordred said.

        "What the heck are you talking about?" (y/n) deadpanned.

        "You don't know? You jumped into the fight not knowing what you were fighting for? Not like I care. It's just funny. You're a strange human aren't you," Mordred said with a slight head tilt.

        "It was instinctive. My magecraft allows me to take the powers of whatever artifacts I acquire. The side effect is a little annoying since I often feel the need to step into bad situations. It's gotten me killed a couple of times...I mean, almost. It's almost gotten me killed a couple of times," (y/n) explained. Mordred laughed at him.

        "You're pretty funny. I'm taking you back to Camelot with me," she announced.

        "And why would I let you do that? I didn't really want to get involved to begin with," (y/n) pointed out.

        "Fou fou oufou," Cath Palug declared.

        "It's just as he said," Mordred agreed with the tiny creature.

        "What did he even say? You know what, I don't care. I need to get this taken care of," (y/n) muttered. He was referring to the sword wound he had gotten earlier when stopping Mordred from being attacked. He would be fine as long as he was treated before the artifact's power left his body.

        "You'll live," Mordred said with a shrug. She grabbed his arm and began to drag him along. "Cath Palug with heal you whenever he feels like it. Now let's go. Camelot awaits. Father will let me be king one day so long as I be a good knight. Those darn mages almost caught us today."

        "I didn't agree to this..." (y/n) protested. His efforts were useless for he didn't want to fight Mordred and Cath Palug who would no doubt join the fighting. He was also quite curious about the Camelot place which was thought to be a legend of times long past. If he could get an artifact from Camelot...

        "You're coming with me whether you want to or not, now shut up and let's go!" Mordred said as she trudged onwards through the rice field without a clue as to where she was or where she was going.
______________________________________

Yes, Cath Palug is Fou's real name. I'm sorry if this was too random and hard to follow. Here are the translations for the phrases used:

出てくる、天体の槍 - detekuru, tentai no yari - come forth, celestial spear

カドモスの楯野 - kadomosu no tateno - Shield of Cadmus

未来に再配置 - mirai ni sai haichi - future relocation

These are rough translations so don't count on them to be 100% accurate. I'm still figuring out the language so I tried...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.5K 187
This is a book full of Levi x Mikasa oneshots. (They're all mostly Rivamika oneshots, I just stopped adding "Rivamika" beside the oneshots titles) Yo...
9.9K 192 67
This is a book about one shots from anything! I can do basically whatever you want me to do, just leave a comment about what you want your story to b...
19.8K 564 25
For all of you Medusa fans out there, here's a book of oneshots for one of Fate's best girls. Unfortunately, there are no requests unless certain cir...
194K 2.6K 26
One Shots based on yugioh some will be X reader,X OC or a shipping.I hope you enjoy but please no haters.Ps I only own my OC characters (not the pict...