Pretend You're Mine

By goldenpup45

Rhian Ramos. The girl who has it all. Brains, beauty, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all becaus... More

Author's Note
01 : The Two Rivals
02 : Partners
03 : Childhood Friend
04 : Mistake
05 : Guilt
06 : Change in Attitude
07 : Reconcile
08 : Unfair
09 : Proposal
10 : Will You Be My Girlfriend?
11 : Invitation
12 : Get Together with Friends
13 : Meeting of the Two Groups
14 : Surprises
15 : Unsure
16 : Moving In
17 : Interrogation
18 : Official
19 : Books and Banters
20. Horseback Riding
21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks
22 : Lunch with the Ventura's
23 : Feelings?
24 : Attention
25 : Wedding Plans
26 : Waffle For Your Thoughts
28 : Glaiza's Birthday
29 : Role Playing Game
30 : Chilling
31 : The Kiss
32 : Thoughts are Swimming
33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)
34 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 2)
35 : Already Safe
36 : Confession
37 : Confuse
38 : Misunderstanding
39 : Spy
40 : Jealous
41 : Distracting Thoughts
42 : Half Feelings
43 : Sudden Changes
44 : I Love You
45 : Goodbye
46 : Marriage-Free
47 : Acceptance
48 : Tease
49 : Bliss
50 : Lifetime
Author's Note

27 : Opening Up

386 14 2
By goldenpup45

Rhian pants heavily as she wipe her sweat on her forehead. She drop herself on the floor and glare at the man who still keep doing sit-ups. Once the man finishes, he gave her a smug look.

"Show-off." Rhian mutterred to which the guy chuckles.

"Well, what can I say? I was born a winner." Dennis boasted, to which Rhian playfully punch his shoulder.

The built guy toss the rich girl her tumbler and sat across from her. Taking a sip, Dennis hand her, her towel to which Rhian use it to wipe the remaining sweat on her arms and neck. After a minute of rest, Dennis stood up and held his hand to the rich girl.

"I had enough of this exercise. I'm gonna head out now and take a shower. What about you?" Rhian says, standing up.

"Tsk, weakling." Dennis smirked to which the rich girl gave him a glare. "I'm gonna stay for a while. I still haven't done my push-ups."

"Jesus, don't you wanna tone down a bit on your workout? You're already built like a rock." Rhian commented, gathering her things.

"Eh, there's still things I want to improve." Dennis says.

Rhian shook her head before she let the guy resume his workout session. She went upstairs to her room catch the short-haired girl sitting up by the bed, rubbing her eyes. It seems that the girl had just woken up. Glaiza glance up at her with one eye close, her bed hair sat messily on her head.

Rhian couldn't help but smile."Morning."

"Hm, morning, Rhi." Glaiza raspily says. "You been working out?"

"Yup, I just finished." Rhian answered, gathering her bathrobe, towel, and dry clothes.

"I see. Well, you look good." Glaiza says, stretching up her arms.

Rhian blush lightly at the compliment and mumbled out a thanks before she went inside the bathroom. She hang her belongings and catch her reflection in the mirror. Noticing the pink tinge, Rhian shook her head and gently slap her cheeks.

After taking a cold shower, Rhian got out fully dressed and catch the other girl doing planks by the terrace. Glaiza was wearing black shorts and tight sleeveless white top. The rich girl could see the slight muscles contracting on Glaiza's biceps as she move her body sidewards. Then the girl switch into a sitting position, her knees bended to her chest and do sit-ups. Rhian could here her distant pants and the occassional grunts as Glaiza's upper body went up and fall down. After a moment, Glaiza gave a deep breath and put her forehead on her knees, before she stood up. Now, Rhian was given a good view of Glaiza's figure. The toned legs, the soft curves, and the slight dent of her shirt that hinted Glaiza's hidden abs.

When Rhian's eyes darted to Glaiza's, the former found the latter smirking at her to which the rich girl immediately looked down. Dropping her clothes in the laundry basket, Rhian felt the embarrassment creeping in. Thankfully, Glaiza didn't commented further on her staring, and walk to the bathroom holding her clothes. When the bathroom door closes, Rhian releases a breath she didn't know she was holding on.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

After breakfast, Rhian heard their doorbell ringing but decided to ignore it and went upstairs to the library. Stepping in, she was surprise to see Brian and Katrina sitting by the bean bags. The two were lively talking when they caught sight of her. They apologize and stood up, ready to go out, when Rhian stop them, asking them what was wrong.

"Well, we were told by Lovi that if you ever enter with us still being here, we should leave. She said you aren't suppose to be distracted by noises when you're reading." Brian explains.

"No, its okay. I was just gonna grab something then read at my room. You guys can stay here." Rhian reassures.

The two gave her a thankful smile before Rhian grab Everyday, a book by David Levithan. Heading out to their room, she stop dead in her tracks when she saw Benjamin locking lips with Glaiza on top of him. The two immediately pulled away, hearing the door opens.

Rhian quickly averted her eyes. "Sorry! Sorry, I... I was just... gonna get something."

Honestly, she didn't know what to get so she went towards the first thing her eyes land on: her study table. She put down the books she's holding and grab another random book. Muttering another apology, Rhian quickly went out. She lean back on the door and tried to ignore the clenching feeling in her chest.

She shook her head and decided to go to the library. Catching that the two were still there, she timidly approach them and asks if she could join them, saying that her room is currently occupied by the two lovebirds. Brian and Katrina agreed and before Rhian knew it, the three were talking animatedly, occassionally laughing or chuckling. The way the two would banter with each other had Rhian smiling. She really enjoy listening to their stories. It safe to say that she got to know the two playful people to another level.

After they all had lunch, Rhian saw Glaiza and her boyfriend all cuddled up in the living room, watching tv series. She didn't know why, but the sight had made Rhian clench her jaw and felt something painful passing through her chest. Before she could dwell more on the feeling, she was approach by the guys who wanted her to challenge in a game of chess. Wanting some distraction from the strange feeling, Rhian agreed. They decided to play in the game room while the others play video games. For a while, Rhian felt happy as she play with the guys. The others who were watching were cheering them which had made Rhian momentarily forget the aching feeling.

By the time they became tired and worn out, it was already evening. Rhian and the guys were called out by Chynna and the rest of the girls that dinner is ready. While walking, Rhian watch Glaiza in a hugging position with Benjamin. After that, Benjamin gave his girlfriend a passionate kiss. The intimate gesture had only fan the clenching feeling in Rhian's chest. When the two pull away and said their goodbye's, Glaiza turn around and walk towards the dining area, to which Rhian look away, pretending that she's gazing at the served food.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Rhian was in deep sleep when she felt something, or rather someone, kicking her legs. She didn't mind for a second, but then the kicking didn't stop and this time she felt the bed moving. The rich groaned and turn sidewards to scold the short-haired girl.

She saw the girl panting, her head cocked left to right with her eyes closed. Rhian notice that Glaiza is having her dreams. She shook her shoulders gently to woke her up, but the girl paid no attention. The short-haired girl's breathing came heavily and is now frantically moving her head, her expression now change into fear, and she was gripping the sheets so hard her knuckles had turn white. It was then Rhian notice that she was having a nightmare. She shook her shoulders with more force now, but the girl was still asleep. Glaiza was now crying in whimpers and mumbling in her sleep that had Rhian shaking her shoulders hardly, crying out Glaiza's name.

"No!" Glaiza bolted up, her eyes widen in fear, beads of sweat on her her forehad and on the side of her face, and heavily breathing as she frantically look sidewards.

"Glaiza, Glaiza, hey, you okay?" Rhian says grabbing her arm and forcing her to look at her.

"S-She was hurt... I was t-there... and... she had bruises on her f-face... then suddenly her h-heart stopped b-beating... no... Rhian they took her away f-from me... I couldn't s-save...s-she was... she's gone... Oh God, she's g-gone..." Glaiza stuttered looking down, her expressions changing, as her breathing became ragged.

All this time, Rhian was attempting to grab her attention but it seems like the girl was in her own world, mumbling words she couldn't comprehend. And it looks like she's having an internal conflict watching her breathing heavily. And it made Rhian panic.

"Shit, a-alright, Glaiza just stay here okay? I'm getting Katrina." Rhian says and was about to stand up and bolt out when a hand came to her arm. Seconds after, she felt a body on top of her.

"No! No, no, please. Don't go... I d-don't wanna be alone... I... I can't b-be alone... They'll c-come and get m-me... They w-will h-hurt me too... I don't... p-please... just s-stay here... please R-Rhi." Glaiza cried, her forehead on Rhian's shoulders, clutching her shirt tightly.

"Okay, okay, I'm not going. Shh, I'm right here. I'm staying." Rhian reassured, her hand going over to Glaiza's head.

But instead of being comforted, Glaiza's sobs went louder, her breathing became even more labored, and she cling more to Rhian.

The cries of the short-haired girl sent a pang of pain to Rhian's chest, first time seeing her so vulnerable like this. She wanted it to end. Her pain. But even her comforting words and the stroking of her hair had not work to eliminate the said pain. And it scares her. She didn't know what else to do. Just then, an idea pop into her head. She just hopes it would work.

Rhian cupped Glaiza's face and connect their foreheads together. She place Glaiza's hand on her heart and pulled her closer.

"Hey, hey..." Rhian search her troubled eyes until they met with hers. "Breath with me, okay? I want you to follow my lead." Although hesitant, Glaiza nodded, wanting to ease her troubled mind.

"Close your eyes and take a deep breath." Rhian ordered to which the short-haired girl copies. The both of them shut their eyes and breathed in. "Now breath out."

Glaiza obeys and release her breath. Still noticing the heavy panting, Rhian clutch Glaiza's hand on her chest. "Now focus on my beating heart and continue breathing, okay?"

Glaiza did what she's told. The two kept on inhaling and exhaling as Rhian feel the short-haired girl calming down. She then proceeded to stroke Glaiza's back with her other hand, slowly. Hearing the slight whimpers Glaiza's releasing had Rhian saying to continue their breathing exercise. The rich girl open her eyes and saw the other girl's eyes tightly close. Her pained expression made the rich girl caress her cheeks softly.

Noticing the beads of sweats earlier drying out and Glaiza's breathing became even, Rhian slowly pulled away. She watch as Glaiza open her eyes and drop her hand from Rhian's chest. For a moment, they just stared at each other. Rhian gave a small smile as she found calmness in Glaiza's eyes. She was relieved that the girl had stop crying and was about to gently push Glaiza away on top of her, when the latter didn't budge. Glancing at her in confusion, the short-haired girl silently lean forward and nuzzle on the crook of Rhian's neck.

"Lets stay this for a while." Glaiza mumbled.

Rhian was shock at this sudden affection and for a second didn't know how to act at this. Only then did the short-haired girl adjusts her position and took a sigh had Rhian brought back to her senses. She slightly shivered as she felt the warm breath on her neck but slowly brought her hands on Glaiza's waist. Rhian's cheeks made contact with Glaiza's side of her head and felt her eyes closing.

God, this feels so nice.

Unconsiously, she pulled her closer and savored the feeling of having the short-haired girl in this close proximity. She ignored the thumping of her heart and that warm feeling spreading in her chest. She didn't want to deal with those feelings just yet. For now, she want to hold on to their sudden physical closeness.

When Glaiza slowly pulled away, she gave a quick small smile to Rhian before her eyes turn behind the rich girl, her gaze suddenly turning blank. Rhian turn around where the terrace is and glance back at Glaiza who has this unreadable expression.

"Hey, you wanna catch some fresh air?" Rhian asks, with a slight hope that maybe the short-haired girl would talk to her about the nightmare.

Glaiza stare at her before nodding. Rhian slide the door and they walked in, welcoming the cold air hitting their skin. The short-haired girl lean by the railings and took a deep breath before looking out at the sky. The rich girl was looking at the pitch black surroundings trying to make out things, when Glaiza spoke.

"You know, I've always been fascinated with the night sky. I don't know, but I find if more calming than the sunshine mornings. Peaceful even. Its like I feel alive looking at it. Weird, right?" Glaiza says.

"Not at all." Rhian says glancing at the girl. "Besides that, what else do you like about the night?"

Glaiza smiled, sighing as she glance at the sky above. "Just... everything about it, actually. The dark clouds, the numerous bright stars, and the ever-changing phase of the moon. But my absolute favorite would be beyond that. The night's constellations. God, they're really beautiful and unique. Sometimes, I would go to a library and search any book about them. Yes, I know, unbelievable right? Me actually taking time to read a book. But yeah, constellations are exception. And just... I would name out every constellation there is right now, but that's talk for another time. Its just... I don't know, I'm obsessed with it."

Rhian smiled as she watch the girl talking with such admiration for something. The same girl who seems to forgot the terrible state she was in just earlier. As if nothing had happened. But to her, its something that she wouldn't forget. The cries Glaiza released, the desperation in her eyes for Rhian to stay, and her pained expression, is something her mind couldn't ignore. She want to know what caused her that.

"You want to know about my nightmare, do you?" Glaiza asks.

"Y-Yeah." She glance at her. "But you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I don't want to force-"

"Its okay." Glaiza cut in. "I've been keeping this in for a long time now. I think its time for me to let it out."

Rhian scooted closer and gave her a curious look. Noticing the hurt expression on Glaiza's face, Rhian put a comforting hand on hers. Glaiza gave out a deep sigh and look down.

"Remember when I left for US? I didn't had the chance to say goodbye to you because it was so sudden. That time, my parents were in States to attend dad's business convention. Then... I received a call from my aunt... saying that my mom was rushed to the hospital because she..." Glaiza took a shaky breath. "She was stabbed on the stomach and on her right leg."

Rhian tried to contain her gasp by closing her mouth.

"My aunt and I immediately flew to America and went to where mom was hospitalized. I was so... so... shocked to see her state. She had a bruise on her nose and left eyebrow. Her... side of her face and... middle body was covered in bandages. It was so... awful." Glaiza muttered.

"Dad and I stayed in the hospital for weeks. But I didn't quit school. The administration was good enough to me for continuing my studies through online. It was hard balancing my academics and taking care of mom, while dad was away working. Then..."

"Two months have passed and... mom's recovery had gone w-worse. She looked pale, had no appetite, and had also grown distant. She always had this blank look on her face and barely talked to me. I-Its like she'd changed into a whole different person... Until..." Glaiza's gaze went pained and glanced down. "One night, her heart rate started going d-down, and... she... w-we heard... the f-flat line... She... S-She's gone, Rhi."

The short-haired girl burst into tears, her face buried in her hands as she recalled the saddening memory of her mom. Rhian, on the other hand, was shocked to her core. She can't believe that Glaiza's mom, the one who had been the rich girl's second mother to her had passed away. Now had she only realize why Glaiza had been hesitant and uncomfortable talking about her mother.

Glaiza's loud sobs broke Rhian's mask of shock. She moved closer to the girl and rub her back soothingly. The short-haired girl immediately turn to her and cried on her shoulders. All those times Glaiza was gone, Rhian had done nothing but curse and hate the girl for leaving her. It didn't ever cross her mind that within those years, Glaiza was experiencing a huge dilemma. And it made Rhian hate herself more for abandoning their friendship the moment Glaiza came back from US.

God, I'm so terrible. I can only imagine the pain and the sadness Glaiza had been through. And then what did I do? I pushed her away.

A tear fell on Rhian's cheek as she held the girl tightly. The rich girl was slapped by reality that the person who had taken care of her whenever her parents are away, is gone. Containing the sobs that wanted to break out, she muttered out soothing words and shushed the crying girl, as she listened to the short-haired girl repeatedly saying that her mother was gone and had left her so early.

By the time Glaiza pulled away, she was sniffing and releasing hiccups. Rhian brushed away her tears, as she watch the girl let out a shaky breath. Seeing Glaiza's bloodshot eyes filled with hurt and pain, she couldn't hold herself any longer. She gently cupped Glaiza's cheeks and lean in to give her a kiss on her forehead. Her lips linger there for seconds, watching Glaiza close her eyes.

"I'm sure Tita Claire is in a safe place now. Somewhere peaceful... and serene... Maybe even hanging out with Jesus or something..." Rhian smiled when she heard the other girl chuckle. "I'm sure she's above watching you all the time. And even though she's not physically here, I know that she's always by your side. Who knows, maybe she's even your guardian angel, who's been guiding you all this time... Besides, I know that no one could ever replace the love Tita Claire has for you, but there are still people in your life that genuinely cares about you. There's Tito Vin, Chloe, Benjamin, your friends, all of them love and cares for you... I care for you... So please don't be sad anymore."

Glaiza slowly opened her eyes and look up at Rhian, giving off a tiny smile.

"Thank you, Rhi. That means a lot." Glaiza says, giving her a grateful look.

After making sure that the short-haired girl is okay and free from tears, the two of them climb to the bed and lay down. Exchanging their goodnight's, Rhian close her eyes and turn her back the other way to prepare for her sleep. Almost diving in on her slumber, she felt a feather kiss on her hair. She tried not to flinch by letting out a sigh, before she heard the other girl mutter something.

"Thank you again, Rhi. You did good to me, Ramos." Glaiza mumbled before she lay down and closed her eyes.

Rhian had a faint smile on her face before she was pulled to the realm of sleepiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 2.8K 21
What if one day you found yourself being invisible? What will you do? Is there anyone who can help you? Who? ** This is a story of an celebrity who...
206 19 12
Jasmin Kingston, aka Jazzy. A sweet baker who owns a small bakery in the heart of London, UK. She's a ray of sunshine with a hint of sarcasm. Enchan...
120K 3.8K 52
The desire to find someone who could accept you for who you truly are. Not the people personified you with.......... Can FATE lead you to her? ...
33.1K 1.5K 43
A love that has gone through a lot... A love that has an immeasurable sacrifices... A love that shattered, rebuilt and strengthened by time... ...