Poison

By Karli_Girl

Christine Wilson left S.H.I.E.L.D. long before the Avengers were formed.She should have known that it would n... More

Case file
epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Three

588 20 2
By Karli_Girl

Pietro made a sudden stop and Christine's stomach dropped. Her head lolled to the side as she tried to adjust to the high speeds. The dizziness that came, as a result, was not welcome and she strained to not vomit. Christine's eyes took a minute to adjust and she was thankful that Pietro didn't move anymore. After a couple of seconds, she patted Pietro on the shoulder unable to speak. He got her message and placed her on solid ground, keeping a hand on her waist as she was still wobbly.

As her hearing also cleared up, she finally tuned into what was happening around her. Pietro placed them on a busy street, multiple people running away from the falling buildings with the familiar sound of the android's gunfire. A few people brushed by them attempting to escape from the heavy gunfire Seeing the terrified looks on the people's faces made Christine spring into action.

"Pietro." his eyes were averted to the scene in front of them, distracted. She called him again while also waving her arm in front of his face. A frown appeared on his face before he finally set his icy blue eyes onto hers.

"I need you to get as many people out of here as possible. We have to clear this city!"He opened his mouth before deciding against it and nodding, without much of a goodbye, he sped off leaving a blur in his wake.

"Hello? I'm pinned down in the church with Wanda and we need a little help"

"I'm about a block away" she responded.

Christine strained as she was making her way down the street. The debris made it harder for her to walk through, she made sure to move carefully, but quickly; each movement causing every muscle in her body to ache. Christine could feel her adrenaline begin to dwindle and she could feel every painful movement that her body was going through. Every piece of debris that she had to maneuver through sent agonizing pain through her ribs and shoulder. She had lost all feeling in her fingertips at this point.

Christine started to feel a lump in her throat at the familiar feeling.

Christine let out a piercing scream as she watched her sister's life drain from her eyes. She held onto the back of her head and brought her forehead down onto her sister's own damp, cold one. Her own tears spilled onto her sister's face and mixed with her sister's tears. Her other hand was still wrapped around her sister, gripping the dagger. She hadn't let go of it this whole time, a painful reminder of the horrible deed she committed.

She gripped it harder before sliding it out, the warm feeling of her blood covered her hand and she leaned over and emptied the contents of her stomach not too far away from them. In the same breath, she dropped the knife and reached for Amilla.

"Amilla?" She grabbed onto her arm, shaking it, shaking her, hoping that there would be a sign of life. "Mil?"

"Wake up, Mil." She began to cry harder when her only response was her sister's head jerking, limply. She reached up to her neck and attempted to feel a pulse.

In the distance, the sound of someone banging against a door started to get louder.

"Mil?" her voice grew louder, and she started to shake Amilla's body harder and harder.

Christine's tears began to blur her vision and she kept reaching up to wipe the tears out of her eyes, but her vision started to become filled with red. Unsure of the reason why, Christine grabbed the end of her shirt and wiped her eyes, desperately. Now with clear vision, she was able to see where the red was coming from. She hissed after feeling the wound above her eye. Her hands were covered in blood and Christine gagged. She could not tell whose blood it was.

A large crack made her turn her tear-filled gaze onto the sudden intrusion.

The barrel of an automatic weapon was pressed against her forehead and she closed her eyes. The feeling of relief washed over her, and she waited for her death. She did not even get a chance to look at her savior. The only wish she had in this moment was that she had not been able to feel the relief of death before she killed Amilla.

A shot rang through the square and the barrel was no longer pressed to her forehead. She cried out once again and looked to where the shot came from.

Roberts's arm was outreached, the pistol he used to shoot one of Amilla's followers still in his hand. He took one more second to check the surroundings before ordering his men forward. Christine gazed down at her sister as they approached.

"Is the target dead?"

Christine ignored him and continued to hold Amilla in her arms. Her blood was starting to seep through Christine's pants, but she didn't move. It was another reminder that she welcomed.

"Hey, Is the target dead?" His voice became rougher.

After a couple of seconds, a hard hand came down on her shoulder and Christine finally looked up at him. A man she didn't recognize stood above her; she knew he was apart of the task force based on his uniform solely. She carefully placed Amilla on the ground, stroking her face.

"I'm not going to ask again, Wilson." He paused, before sighing. "You're under arrest for obstruction of justice- "

He did not finish his sentence before Christine grabbed his hand in a vice grip and twisted it back. A pained groan escaped his lips as his other hand reached for his gun. She stretched to kick him in the stomach making him fall to his knees. She then gripped the same dagger that she set on the ground and held it above his eye. The tip of the knife centimeters from his pupil. She was so close; she saw his eyes dilate in fear.

"Don't threaten me, don't make any sudden moves, don't even fucking breathe in my direction. I will single-handedly Kill. Every. Single. Person. In this square. Including myself." A shudder ran through his body which produced a sadistic smirk on Christine. "I have no will to live, my will to live has bled out on the granite one foot away from where we stand. The only threat here is me."

Christine waited a few seconds before she let go of the man. He let out the breath he must have been holding and remained on his knees, collecting himself before scurrying away from her. Christine returned to her sister and resumed holding her.

After a couple more minutes, Roberts squatted next to her. He didn't say anything at first and she was grateful for that. She welcomed his company and he ended up sitting next to her. Fresh tears sprung to the surface and her sobs could not be contained once again. He scooted closer to her and pulled her into his embrace. She rested her head on his chest and cried.

Roberts held onto Christine, even shifting his position to make it more comfortable for both. She felt him nod and a few of the soldiers ended up walking away. She noted to thank him later, she didn't want them all to see her cry over what she did.

"Fury has instructed me to take you to a secure location"

She shook her head.

"Wilson, we have to go."

"I'm not leaving her"

"She's gone, Christine."

"I know that, I just can't leave her, not again." She whispered.

He sighed. "They are going to take Amilla back home tonight"

"Then I'm going with her."

"I can't let you do that"

The soldiers returned in a vehicle. Two men came out with a stretcher and a black body bag. Christine lifted her head and panic surged through her body. She tried to escape Robert's embrace, but he held her still.

"No!" She screamed. The soldiers paused, but with Robert's approval, they began to lift Amilla from Christine's lap. She thrashed against Robert's hold, but he wrapped both of his arms against her. She summoned two shadows and they pushed the soldiers away from Amilla's body.

"Don't fucking touch her. I'll kill you!" She was about to summon another to rip Roberts from her when she felt a small pinprick in her neck. "No! Please!" She begged as she still fought against Roberts.

Her shadows began to dim, and she watched as they disappeared. The sedative that he stuck her with beginning to take effect. "I'll kill you; I swear to God. I'll fucking kill you." She kicked her feet at the soldier as he returned to zipping Amilla into a body bag. She reached her hand out to try to touch her one last time before they put her on the stretcher, but she was too far away.

"Amilla!" She called out.

Her movements began to slow, and she was no longer fighting so hard against her captor. He loosened his grip and she elbowed him in the face. He groaned and instinctively reached for his now bleeding nose. Christine stood up on wobbly legs and ran over to Amilla. Her fingers barely grazed the body before she was lifted into the air.

"No, No, No! Amilla! Please!" Her voice cracked from screaming so loud. "Please, I can't leave her. Please!"

"I'm so sorry," Roberts said as he carried the screaming woman away.

She did not remember getting to the church, the memory still haunts her. She held onto her side and leaned against a neighboring building.

"I'm here," She said.

The building was surrounded by androids and she checked her gun for ammo. She was limited, but she knew that she could make it work. She reached into her pocket for the last couple of pills that she had. Popping more than the prescribed amount into her mouth she dryly swallowed them. She gagged as they stuck to her throat. After a couple of swallows, she was able to get them down.

She conjured up her go-to number of shadows and they emerged from the building. When she was in sight of the androids, she heard a voice.

"Ah, well isn't it great to see you," Ultron said.

"To be candid, I'm a little sick of you." She responded.

It made some jerking movements as if it were laughing. She cut her eyes to the other robots and they seemed to be doing the same thing. She counted four in total. Feeling outnumbered, two more of her shadows were called on.

"Oh, there is no need for that."

She ignored him.

"Not much of a talker?"

"You seem to be doing enough for the both of us." She said, she cocked her gun and pointed it towards the robot on the left. Before it could respond she shot a bullet in its armor. Pulling on the shadows within it, she began to warp the robot's infrastructure causing it to crash and fall limply to the ground.

One shadow held onto another robot as the other pierced through its armor ripping it apart. They turned on another robot and the door to the church blasted off. Wanda emerged with her red wisps and her eyes glowing. Christine watched and she used them to rip the other one apart. Then she lifted debris from the collapsed building beside them and crushed another.

Clint emerged from the church with his Bow and Arrow poised. He looked at Wanda and gave her a nod. Their secret exchange made Christine lift an eyebrow, but she didn't say anything.

"We're all clear here," Clint informed the group.

"We are not clear," Steve responded. "We are very not clear!" Christine heard him grunt and the sound of metal crashing together.

"Alright, coming to you."

Wanda glanced at Clint and I before we began to head back to the last place, they saw Steve. Navigating down the alleyway they didn't make it far before a familiar blur stopped in front of them. Pietro gave his sister a brief once over before looking at Christine. She watched his eyes drift up and down. Pausing every once in awhile on her injuries. He frowned when he noticed her holding her side subconsciously.

She shot him a look and he let it go. Pietro picked up his sister in his arms gave one last look at Christine. He barely glanced at Clint before uttering "Keep up, old man" and disappeared.

Clint glared at him before lifting his arrow in the direction that he went. "Nobody would know."

She laughed before patting him on the shoulder and heading in the direction that he went. Clint grumbled behind her and she kept her smile on her face.

"The last I saw him; Ultron was sitting on him. He'll be missed by that quick little bastard. I miss him already."

She threw her head back and cackled at him. She had to pause her jog and hold onto her side from laughing so hard. Clint chuckled beside her.

"We'll have speedy Gonzales speak at the memorial."

"...and the Tasmanian devil."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 7.4K 40
Hydra, an organization founded on the belief that people could not be trusted with their own freedom, had no regard for human life. One day, when a s...
2.4K 65 14
You were one of the best detectives until one day you happened to meet a Hydra member. Ever since that day, nothing has been the same. You have been...
132K 3.1K 18
Thank you for nearly 150K reads! She is the fate of HYDRA and the Avengers, but what is their fate? I own the main character, the rest is owned by: M...
20.7K 497 26
Y/N was trained by HYDRA, and has been for as long as she can remember. She has become more dangerous than you could imagine, and she has been given...