Inspiration

By AlYahya25

Blake Evans is a new playwright. In search for his leading lady, he desperately puts an ad in the local newsp... More

The Play & Important A.N.
1) Her
1) Him
2) Her
2) Him
3) Her
3) Him
4) Her
4) Him
5) Her
5) Him
6) Her
6) Him
7) Her
7) Him
8) Her
8) Him
9) Her
9) Him
10) Her
10) Him
11) Her
11) Him
12) Her
12) Him
13) Her
13) Him
14) Her
14) Him
15) Her
15) Him
16) Her
16) Him
17) Her
17) Him
18) Her
18) Him
19) Her
19) Him
20) Her
20) Him
21) Her
21) Him
22) Her
22) Him
23) Her
24) Her
24) Him
25)Them
Epilogue
Not An Update (Sorry :" )

23) Him

17 4 0
By AlYahya25

The curtains close, and the audience starts clapping. I shout in happiness. We did it; the play is a success!! The audience laughed when it was funny and clapped in the climax scene. I used to sneak looks at them, and I could feel that they were intrigued. In my happiness, Harper takes my hand and leads me to the stage while Samantha leads George to the stage. The audience claps again as we all hold hands and bow to them.

I did it, dad! I wrote a play, and the audience liked it!

I have to say when Harp froze like that on stage; I knew that she got cold feet. I believe in her, I really do, but for a second I kissed the play goodbye. However, when she looked at me, I could still see that fire in her eyes. I knew she just needed a push. So, I smiled at her, and we both knew that she would show her true colours then.

The curtains closed for the last time, and we all started shouting in happiness. I held Harper in a hug and whirled her around.

"We did it, Harp," I whisper in her ear, "we did it."

She holds my face and giggles, "your dad is so proud of you, right now."

I smile, "he would have loved the way you acted."

"Ladies and disappointments! " Samantha shouts to grab our attention.

Everyone laugh but George rolls his eyes, "if it weren't for one of those disappointments, you wouldn't have been here."

"No truer words were ever said," she mutters before smiling at us, "we did it!"

We all cheer and she laughs, "finally, our Harper is a star!"

Cheers again, but Mary jokingly boos. Samantha looks at me, "and a new playwright joined our community."

Cheers, again and Harper hugs me tighter.

"Today, the party is at my house," Mary shouts.

We all shout in joy and the actors go to change.

I look through the curtains, and the theater is empty. I step outside and look around. I used to sit on those chairs as a kid watching the play unfold by incredible actors. Each production had a unique element that will leave you thinking about it until the end.

I remember when I was just seven, I used to sit on my dad's shoulder in my shorts while going back home from a play. He would tell me all the things that he loved about the play; he would explain all the details and the puns that I missed. I wouldn't understand a word, but the glow in his eyes while he talked made me want to listen to every last word.

I am so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't notice Harper approaching till she hugs me from behind. I smile and turn around. She is smiling at me radiantly though her eyes look tired.

I hold her face, "want to skip that party?"

She shakes her head, "I wanna celebrate with everyone."

I pout, "fine."

I put an arm around her waist, and we go to the rest of the group.

"OK, Harper," Mary says with a mischievous smile, "you are not used to the fans, so just act like me."

Harper rolls her eyes and Mike laughs as he wraps an arm around Mary, "aren't you a nice friend?"

While making our way to Mary's car, someone calls my name, and I look back. It's Kristen. It's strange how someone who made my heart skip a beat has no effect on me now.

I smile, "Kristen! I am so glad you came."

She smiles, "I am glad too. The play was amazing!"

"I am glad you liked it."

"It was amazing, but I am sorry that my husband couldn't come. He isn't into plays...."

"Blake!" Harper called from behind me. I look at her, and she freezes for a second when she sees Kristen.

She looks at me, and I smile and offer her my arm. She smiles back and takes my arm.

"If it isn't my twin," Kristen giggles, "you were amazing on stage."

Harper gives her a small smile, "Thank you."

"I wasn't able to introduce you two, last time." I start, "Harp, this is Kristen, my ex-girlfriend. Kristen, this is Harper, my leading lady and girlfriend."

Kristen is shocked but smiles. "well, I gotta go. Again, great job, Blake. The play was great!"

I smile, "Thanks, Kristen... and I am sorry about last time. I was very dramatic."

She nod, "see you around."

I watch Kristen as she leaves, and I feel that a chapter has ended in my life. I look at Harper to find her smiling at me. I smile, "what?"

She snuggles closer to me, "nothing, let's go!"

When we reach Mary's house, she plays some music that no one pays attention to. We all just sit down, talk and laugh. Harper and I are snuggled on one side of the couch while Mike and Mary are snuggled on the other side, George and Samantha are sitting on the opposite couch. Both Justin and Paul didn't come cause they had other plans.

Time flies fast, and it is soon time to go home. I try to convince Harper to come with me, but she insists on spending the night with her parents.

"I am a very grumpy boyfriend right now," I tell her with a pout on the way to her house.

She giggles and kisses my cheek "still a cute one."

I groan, "I am a man, don't call me cute."

She giggles, I have an arm around her, and she holds me closer. We walk in silence for a while.

"My family is hosting a barbecue tomorrow," she says casually.

I smile, "Cool, is that to celebrate your success?"

She nods then looks at me, her eyes are pleading, "you will come, right?"

I frown a bit then laugh, "sure if you want me there."

"I really do," she whispers.

I kiss the top of her head, "then, consider me there."

Her pleading is strange, giving the situation a gravity that it doesn't deserve. I shove it away; today was a long day, that must be it.

When we reach her house, she wraps her arms around my neck, and I hug her tightly. I push her a little to be able to look at her face, "we did it, Harp."

She smiles, "we did, everyone would talk about the hot-tempered playwright and the big-mouthed actress."

I close the distance between us in a passionate kiss, and she accepts it gleefully.

"Will this end soon?"

We both freeze and slowly look at the door where her parents are standing. Her mother is smiling brightly, and her father is glaring at me... with a baseball bat.

I sigh and let go of Harper, trying to smile, "good evening, Mr and Mrs Jones."

"Your play was amazing!" Mrs Jones gushed, "so romantic, so full of secrets, you are a great writer, Blake."

"Oh," I said, I am surprised by her compliment. This time, I smile from my heart, "thank you. Ms Jones. I am glad you liked it."

With that same smile, I look at Mr Jones, "I hope that you liked it too, sir."

He shrugs, "I have seen worst."

Harper giggles next to me, "when he saw me after the play, he said that you are not a very bad writer."

"Oh, we are not gonna continue this chat on the door," Ms Jones fussed, "c'mon inside."

"Thanks, Ms Jones, but I should go home."

"Nonsense!" she shouts, "it's so late, and you came to send Harper home, you are staying here tonight."

"What?" The three of us shout.

"Oh, come on, let's act surprised inside," she says, pulling Harper and me inside.

"I swear, woman, you act as if you are the only one who lives here," I hear Mr Jones mutter.

"I act the way that you should, Mr Jones," she retorts.

"Your mother is on fire today, Harp" I whisper.

She smirks, "wanna date her too?"

Before I could answer, the baseball bat comes between us, "in my house, you keep your distance from my daughter."

I suppress myself from rolling my eyes and salute militarily, "sir, yes, sir."

This is going to be a long night.

2 Chapters to go!! 

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228 3 24
16 year old London has gone through life with her parents having an odd argument. But in the last few days they've been fighting more and more. Will...
3.2K 73 15
It's amazing how no one notices anything about you except what they want to see. 18 year old Blake Smith was not the most outgoing girl to be honest...
851 42 26
When you know there's demons inside of you, can you stop them from awakening? Life is just one big struggle. Amber is a shy girl with an abusive fat...
2.8K 320 38
*TRIGGER WARNING: DEALS WITH DEPRESSION, SELF HARM AND SUICIDE* Amber is sixteen years old and to sugarcoat it... She hasn't had the best upbringing...