10) Him

I take a drink and finish it in one gulp. What the hell am I doing? Why am I ruining everything? Last week, I couldn't stay with her alone because of blondie. He is always there, talking and grinning at her, showing his stupid white teeth and he is always... always too close to her. I try to contain myself and not freak out or start a fight, but it's very hard. I want to scream and shout. I want to hit Justin and the wall. I want to take Harper and kiss her till she begs me to never stop. I want to talk to Harper, to get to know her, but all I get in the end is this glass and disappointment.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look next to me to find Mike smiling at me sympathetically, "Hey, bro."

"Hi," I reply briefly.

He sighs, "women are so freakin' tiring, aren't they?"

I snort, "you don't have to tell me about that."

He stays quiet while looking at Mary, who is talking to Samantha. It has to be the first time that I see her laugh, "but they are worth the fight."

I raise an eyebrow, "they are? Are you sure?"

He looks at me and smiles, "yes, I am sure. Do you know when you are sure about that? When you see her smile or laugh and feel butterflies in your stomach. When you kiss her, or when you two start whispering words to each other, or when she blushes while you two are talking, or when you know everything that pleases her and makes her feel special, or when she confides in you or cries to you when she is stressed."

I snort," are you a poet or something? "

He smirks and looks at Mary again, "no, just a man in love."

I raise an eyebrow, "I didn't know that you and Mary are together."

He shakes his head, "we aren't."

I raise an eyebrow for him to continue and he does, "we are in an on-and-off relationship for three years now. I have never been happier than when she is by my side."

I frown, "then why won't you stay together?"

A bitter laugh escapes his mouth, "you think I haven't tried to let her stay? I always ask her and she always refuses, saying that she doesn't want to have a string attached between us. Her words are always able to hurt me but somehow every time that she comes to my home and asks to stay the night, I forget about everything except that I love her."

I raise an eyebrow, "how can you love someone so rude?"

He glares at me, "well, you are the one who wants Harper to leave someone as nice as Justin for someone like you."

I grit my teeth and am about to retort when he leaves to talk to George. I sigh and think about what Mike told me; women are so tiring.

Now and then, I try to speak to Harper but once she spots me, she moves away and talks with someone else. She even went to Mary and they started talking, talking and not fighting. That movement hit me hard but I understand, I was the one who started all this. I guess I will have to wait till things calm down or maybe I can walk her home and apologize.

I find Mary sitting alone and decide to join her. I have to say that our talk was more enjoyable than usual; she wasn't as stingy. I wonder what happened to change her.

I look around for Harper, but I can't find her...or Justin.

I excuse myself and go towards the house door. I freeze in my place. Like a romantic movie, Justin has an arm around Harper's waist and she has an arm around his neck... while their lips are connected.

I can feel a ping in my heart. I am breathing fast and before I can stop myself, I tear up. I curse under my breath and run up the stairs away from the crowd and the loving couple.

I spent weeks dreaming of you, waiting for you, but I never knew that it will all be in vain.

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think XD