20) Him

I decided to listen to everyone and try one more time. I wanted to talk to Harper after work, but she left before I could catch her. I went to her house and hoped that her father wouldn't fight with me.

Her mother opens the door and smiles sweetly at me. She is a sweet woman; I don't know what she found in that grumpy husband? Oh, wait...

She asked me what was wrong with Harper and whether we were having a fight.

I smile, "we aren't a couple."

She raises an eyebrow, "you forgot to say yet, then you are fighting."

I give her a small smile and choose not to answer.

She sighs, "she is in her room upstairs. go to her."

My eyes grow wide, "if I go up there, her father will kill me."

She rolls her eyes, "what happened to the brave man that I met last time?"

She grabs my hand and drags me upstairs. She might be a small woman, but she is strong; I try to talk her out of it but to no avail.

Once I enter Harper's room, her father, who was already in the room, starts shouting. I hate my life.

I sneak a look at Harper, and she is groaning to herself. I can't help but smile to myself; she even looks cute when frustrated.

She suddenly shouts and grabs me out of the house. The women of this family really love to drag me around.

I still can't believe that she accepted to listen to me. She tries to hide her smile, but I can catch it no matter how small it is.

"So, where do you want to go?" I ask, a little excited.

She keeps thinking, then looks at me, "your house."

I raise an eyebrow, "my house?"

She nods, "that's where we started."

I nod and smile, "OK, let's go."

We spend the journey in silence, and we reach the house in ten minutes. Once we arrive, she starts looking around the same as the first time. She goes to the couch and takes a seat, I take a seat next to her, but keep a polite distance between us.

She takes a deep breath, "I am all ears."

I take a deep breath too and start wondering where I should start, "I met Kristen when I was in college. I was instantly attracted to her. A few months later, I asked her out, and she said yes. It was all good. The only problem I had with her was that I couldn't write a thing since I started dating her"

I sneak a look at Harper, and she is listening with a frown, "I know that she couldn't be the reason, but I couldn't stop making the connection. After we finished college, we fought and broke up for a few months. During those months, my inspiration came back, and I wrote two short stories."

I look at her, and she raises an eyebrow, "let me guess, when you came back together, you lost your inspiration again."

I nod, "exactly."

She snorts then goes quiet, and I take that as my cue to continue, "I know that it doesn't make sense, but she made me lose my inspiration. Honestly, I didn't care. I was willing to do anything for her at the time."

I look at Harper, and she is clenching her teeth. That makes me hopeful that there is a chance.

I clear my throat, "during the time we were dating; her parents didn't like me. They thought that I wasn't serious about her because I was two years younger than her. They introduced her to a guy. After a while, she broke up with me to get engaged to that man."

Harper looks at me with amazement, "she left you for another guy."

I nod, "till that day in the theater, I thought that her parents forced her. I pushed myself to think like that. Leaving me for another man didn't only hurt my pride, but also my heart."

I sigh, "so when she left me, I spent weeks in self-loathe, then I decided to turn it into art. The fruit of that art was the play that you are leading."

I take a deep breath and look at her, "till our kiss on this couch, Kristen was the only woman that I could think about. When I bumped into you in that street, I was hoping that you would become my leading lady because of the resemblance."

I gather up the courage and take her hands in mine; she doesn't take them back, "when I chose you as my leading lady, it was because you looked like Kristen, but there was something different with you."

I look into her eyes, and she is waiting for me to continue, "you are my inspiration, Harper. I used to get inspired every time I looked at you. I don't know how to write romantic scenes, I don't know what they should say to each other, but every time I see you, I get those lines that I have to write down before I forget them."

She bites her lower lip, "that's why you didn't wave back."

I chuckle, "that's why I didn't wave back."

I look at her and plead her with my eyes to believe my honest feelings. However, tonight I won't leave it to my eyes.

I cross the distance between us, and she doesn't move away or ask me to go back, I hold her hands tighter in mine, "I was a fool to act like that when I saw Kristen again, but the shock was too much for me! I acted out of hurt and pride that she still wants me."

I shake my head, "but I don't want her, I don't need her. I only need you in my life, Harper. Please believe me. I have been living in torture the past few days; I can't sleep, eat, enjoy anything. Please, Harper, please say you forgive me."

She keeps staring at me silently for a while, "you really hurt me, you know that?"

I nod, "I know, I am an idiot."

"Yes, you are," she says, and I can't help but smile, "if you lie to me now, I will never trust you again."

I quickly shake my head, "I will never deceit you again."

She looks straight into my eyes and gulps, "If she comes through that door and asks you to go back to her, will you do it?"

I am about to say no when she stops me, "remember, I will never ever forgive you if you lie."

I think for a second, and I can't deny the truth.

I look into her eyes and squeeze her hand, "I can never go back to Kristen. Right now, the only girl I want and love is you, Harper."

Her eyes turn glassy, and she removes her hand from mine to wipe away the tears.

"In the past few days, I was starting to hate you," she says with a hoarse voice.

I gulp, "and now?"

She smiles, "I think that I love you."

A laugh escapes my mouth, and I hold her face between my hands, "what did you say?"

She laughs, and tears run down her face as she says, "I love you, Blake. I really really love you."

She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me for a kiss.

Bliss.

I know that this scene isn't really the best, but bad at those things. I hope it isn't too bad, though. 

However, the fight meets its end at last *dance*.

Another exciting news, we are 5 chapters (10 parts) to the end!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think! XD