Everlasting แƒฆ Newt TMRยน

By WrathfulDeity

โ›I know we're not everlasting, We're a train wreck waiting to happen.โœ Lori wakes up inside a grave, alo... More

About Everlasting
Trailer
Playlist
Pre-Read Warning
1. How the Shuck Hell
2. Ain't That Some Beautiful Poetry
3. WICKED is Good
4. Greenie Broke the Rules
5. The Time of My Freaking Life
6. Pretty Good for a Greenbean
7. Welcome to the Med-Jacks
8. Who Are 'They'?
9. Beautiful Eyes
10. We Are Your Family Now
11. They Want Me Out in the Maze
12. That's What Friends Do
13. Beggars Can't Be Choosers
14. We Got a Girl Greenie
15. I Believe You
17. I'm Hansel You're Gretel
18. Please Don't Leave
*PLEASE READ*
19. What Gives Me the Right
20. As Indispensable as Possible
21. The Girl's Awake
22. The Catalyst
23. What About Lori?
24. I Want You to Live
25. Dramatic Effect
26. FLOAT and CATCH
27. The Mystery Girl, is Missing
28. He Can't Speak
29. Be Careful, Don't Die
30. I'm Not Leaving You
Special Thanks
Everbloom
Watty's 2015

16. Everyone Deserves a Second Chance

10K 311 132
By WrathfulDeity

Hey guys, please continue to vote, it means a lot to me! I know that I took forever to update chapter 15, but I would really appreciate if you still voted for it please!

I would also like to thank anyone who has stuck around this long, I love you all, and every time I see a new view, vote or comment, it really makes my day! :D
+-+-+
This chapter is dedicated to GingersInJumpers for 'Fall (Newt || The Maze Runner) - Sequel to "The Glitch"'. Love this story!

--------------------

Everyone makes out like your first kiss is supposed to be something special; something amazing. With Newt, it was so much better. His lips are soft, and the fact that he didn't reject me, was even better. I felt the fireworks, the butterflies; all of it.

But another thing is, I'm not even sure this is my first kiss. For all I know, I could have had it before I lost my memories. Here now, with Newt, it feels like a first.

I pull away slowly, not removing my hands from his. I feel a small smile spread across my face as I look up at him. He looks nervous and kind of shy.

"Thank you for believing in me even when everything and everyone we know should tell you not to" I whisper.

"I don't believe anyone is guilty until proven. Just because you have a tattoo that says you're something, doesn't mean it's true. I think everyone deserves a second chance, and this is your's."

I pull back further and drop my hands, "What do you mean that this is my second chance? When did I lose my first?"

"I mean that this is a new chance for you to gain the trust of all the other Gladers. I didn't mean that in a bad way" he reassures me.

I feel my emotions mixed, confused by the true meaning of what he just said. Either over-analyzing or trusting too much will be the death of me. What am I supposed to do?
He seems to sadden because I don't respond; but I don't know how to.

We sit in silence, and when I feel as if he is going to start talking, someone starts tapping on the door frame. My head whips around, to see Minho, leaning against the door frame smirking.
"Am I interrupting something?" He asks, hinting that he knows he was. "You know, if you two are gonna be doing something in here, you could at least have the courtesy to lock the door."

"Shut your bloody hole, Minho!" Newt growls as he stands up to face Minho. Minho puts his hands up in mock surrender, not really helping the situation.

"Newt, he was just -" But I stop half way, realizing that he's not listening.

"I have to go check on Alby. I'll talk to you later" Newt says quietly, leaving the room.

I wish I knew what he was thinking. I wish I knew if he truly felt the same way about me, as I him. I wish that I had all my memories, not just jumbled fragments.

"Hey, Lori, I didn't mean to cause any problems" Minho says taking a step into the room.

"It's fine Minho. I just- I need some time alone right now" I stutter, my throat restricting itself, holding back whatever emotions I am feeling, like a dam does to water. He nods, suggesting that he understands, and slips out the door, clicking it shut behind him.

I slide back and lay down on the bed, slowly pulling the blanket up to my chin. What happened? We were fine, then suddenly, he's walking out the door. I lay there, hoping sleep will find me somehow.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
(Lucinda Whyte POV) {omg I'm writing from someone else's pov! Wish me luck!}

I stand in front of Meeting Room number one, straightening my paper white pantsuit looking at my reflection on the door. My name is Lucinda Whyte, I am a crucial member of the team apart of WICKED, who are responsible for the Trials, and creating a cure to the horror that is the Flare.

I push open the door and step into the room, greeted by nine pairs of eyes, all set on me. I nod my head and walk towards my seat at one end of the table.

The room has white walls and ceiling, with dark flooring and furniture. The table is black glass, with touch screen set up at each seat. The walls are also lined with plasma screens, displaying maps of the Maze, views of the Glade, different residents of the Glade and more.

The room falls into silence as the door opens. Chancellor Ava Paige, and her Assistant Director Janson enter with an aura of determination surrounding them.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you for joining us, I'm glad you could all make it" Chancellor Paige greets sweetly.
She is a middle aged woman, with a tight, white bun in her hair, and a clean white pant suit clothing her body. Her face is also pulled tight, as if a wrinkle has never dared to touch her face.

Chancellor Paige takes a seat at the head of the table, straightening her shirt as she does so.
"Ms. Whyte, can I please have a status report on the newest recruits in the Trials" she asks me with a curious smile.

"Of course. She is still stable in a coma, ma'am, she is set to wake within the next two to three days. The previous steps in the Trials have been successful so far. We are now ready to execute the next step in the Trials" I say proudly.

The Chancellor smiles, tapping her fingers against the glass table. "And what of Subjects A5 and A6?"

My heart beat races slightly at the mention of them. They do not deserve to have their emotions played with like this.

"We also happy to report that the postulated connection between subjects A5 and A6 have been favorable, and they will be ready by the time we reach the final Variable."

"Sorry to interrupt, but I truly don't see the point of adding these extra Subjects as Variables for just one other Subject, none of the others trust them" AD Janson scoffs.

The Chancellor continues to smile, not breaking stride "You don't understand Janson. Two separate Mazes, two separate Subjects, created to do the same thing. The girl in Group A, and the boy in Group B, they are there to test everyone in each group. They may have a main Subject we have focused their minds on, but whether they want to admit it or not, each Group trusts this Variable. And that is the test, to see how fair their faith stretches, until it snaps.

Adding something diverse, to something which has been stable for so long, is bound to cause a reaction. Subjects A6 and B6 are our catalysts; they are placed early to gain trust, and by the end of this Trial, their true purpose will be clear." Everyone sits quietly, taking in all this information.
(A/N: for those of you who do not know, a catalyst is a scientific term, for something which increases the rate of a reaction)

Eventually the meeting ends, and Chancellor Ava Paige leaves the room, with AD Janson following like a lost puppy.

"Thank you all for your input towards this meeting for this section of the Trials. If I can have you prepare the next Variable that would be fantastic" I say, trying to keep my team enthusiastic towards our goal. That is the only reason I work for WICKED, the end goal, saving humanity from the disease destroying us.

I walk back to my office, sitting behind my desk as my computer turns on. Clicking through folders, I end up sitting there, looking at a photo of my family. My husband and I were happy, in love. And now he is dead, because of the Flare that was inflicted upon the world.

And my children- I can never see them again.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

The children sit in a empty white room singing silly rhymes together, ones they heard the older children singing, before WICKED took them to begin their training.

'Pretty colors green and blue,
these colors shining here for you.
Fields where you see butterflies,
in flight among the crystal skies.

Pretty colors green and blue,
these colors shining here for you.
We will be put to a test,
to single one out from the rest.

Pretty colors green and blue,
these colors shining here for you.
We don't know how this will end,
but for you the rules I will bend.

Pretty colors green and blue,
these colors shining here for you.
I'll keep you safe from the night,
I promise it will be alright.

Pretty colors green and blue,
these colors shining here for you.
But these colors we will never see,
Until WICKED finally sets us free.'

The young boys and girls sing this song repeatedly, as if trying to get someone's attention. After a few more times I feel like I almost know the song of by heart.

All of a sudden, the room is filled with people. I think they're people at least. They are dressed in something which looks like a space suit. They all grab a child by the arm, pulling them out of the room. Some of them fight against it, where a second person comes and grabs their other arm. They are all emptied out of the room, and I follow, to see them separated into different rooms.

I stand in the middle of the hallway, all noise drowned out by the screams of the children.

I wake up sweating, tears flowing. I take deep breaths, and wipe the tears from my eyes. Sitting up in bed, I hear the stone doors finish opening. Without thinking, I pull on some shorts, a shirt, some combat boots and a small bag where I had kept some apples before running as fast as I can to the West Door, where Thomas and Minho prepare to leave.

I'm out of the homestead within seconds, running across the grass of the Glade, deciding not to shout to them, just in case I wake someone up.

They look like they're having a conversation. This must be Thomas' first serious run, I think to myself.

Minho turns towards me, hearing the rustle of the grass as I made my way closer.
"What's up, shank?" he asks, looking irritated because he obviously wants to leave.

"Take me with you" I say simply, standing up straight, catching my breath.

"What?" he laughs, "don't talk klunk Lori. Come on Thomas, we're leaving." Thomas nods an apology, and Minho begins to jog up to the Doors. Within a second, I am following right behind them. Minho pulls back before entering the Maze, turning to throw me a dirty look.

"I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not. I want to be out there Minho. I need to do something useful. Two Med-jacks seems to be more than enough, so I want to help find a way out. I have a backpack and food, just please let me come with you guys" I practically plead.

Minho releases a frustrated sigh, before focusing on me once more "Okay. But if Alby or Newt ask, I did protest against this. Got it, shank?"

"Thank you, Minho" I smile.

The three of us run into the Maze. They seem to be set on finding a specific direction, while I just use the run as a distraction from the dreams.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

A/N

Another update!

I'm going to try and do a few more before I go away on the 14th. I will be gone for over a week, and I don't know if I'll have internet, so I'll try to put up a few more before leaving!

I really hope you guys are still enjoying the story. I know some of it is different from the book, but I guess that's mainly because I'm changing it a bit to fit my version, and to fit Lori into the story.

I hope you also enjoyed the pov from WICKED headquarters, this chapter really looked into that behind the scenes stuff, I hope that was cool with you guys.

This is the first chapter in ages, where I'm not updating past midnight, so yay!

Q= Thominho (Thomas+Minho) or Newtmas (Newt+Thomas)?

Please continue to vote, I know I made you guys wait a bit for the last chapter, but I had family stuff going on. Your reads, votes and comments mean so much to me!

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 68 22
"๐•๐• ๐•ฆ'๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•ฅ ๐•›๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ช ๐•ค๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ฃ, โ„‚๐•๐•–๐•ž. ๐•๐• ๐•ฆ'๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ž๐•ช โ„•๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•’๐•ฃ." After escaping the terrors of the Maze, Clementine and h...
639K 15.4K 26
You wake up in strange place, with no recollection of how you got there or who you are. All you know is your name: Juno. You soon learn that this pla...
98.2K 1.9K 36
Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the glade. There's just one thing different. Sh...