Short-Lived✔️

Von Endless_Moments_

❝For as long as I can remember my heart belonged to you.❞ A twenty-year-old boy gets his life turned upside d... Mehr

>Synopsis
•Prologue
•One
•Two
•Three
•Four
•Five
•Six
•Seven
•Eight
•Nine
•Ten
•Eleven
•Twelve
•Thirteen
•Fourteen
•Fifteen
•Sixteen
•Seventeen
•Eighteen
•Nineteen
•Twenty
•Twenty-One
•Twenty-Two
•Twenty-Three
•Twenty-Four
•Twenty-Five
•Twenty-Six
•Twenty-Seven
•Twenty-Eight
•Twenty-Nine
•Thirty
•Thirty-One
•Thirty-Two
•Thirty-Three
•Thirty-Four
•Thirty-Five
•Thirty-Six
•Thirty-Seven
•Thirty-Eight
•Thirty-Nine
•Fourty
•Fourty-One
•Fourty-Two
•Fourty-Three
•Fourty-Four
•Fourty-Five
•Fourty-Six
•Fourty-Seven
•Fourty-Eight
•Fourty-Nine
•Fifty
•Fifty-One
•Fifty-Two
•Fifty-Three
•Fifty-Four
•Fifty-Five
•Fifty-Six
•Fifty-Seven
•Fifty-Eight
•Fifty-Nine
•Sixty
•Sixty-One
•Sixty-Two
•Sixty-Three
•Sixty-Four
•Sixty-Five
•Sixty-Six
•Sixty-Seven
•Sixty-Eight
•Sixty-Nine

•Epilogue

583 29 30
Von Endless_Moments_

Three Years Later

"Hello, welcome back to, K-Idol Entertainment, where we talk to many K-Pop Idols about their latest music and gossip." A woman in her late-twenties announces to the camera in front of her.

She sits on a hard cushioned, cream-colored couch in a black pencil skirt and red blouse. Her hands were gently clasped together upon her lap. She and the staff were in the studio filming exclusively live. Something they rarely do.

"We are here tonight with idol superstar, Jeon Jungkook, for an exclusive interview over his latest album." She gestures her head to the man sitting across from her making the cameraman zoom out the camera to get both her and Jungkook in the frame.

He sat formally on the couch, his back straight and his feet planted on the wooden floor. His red hair was parted in the middle allowing most the strands to fall over his forehead.

Despite the calm expression evident on his face Jungkook was deeply nervous. His heart pounded between his chest and spine while he chewed the inside of his cheek as discreetly as he could.

It has been mere months since the release of his new album and about all of his fans demanded to know the meaning of his latest album, First Love.

He read their comments on social media and heard countless questions about the album during talk shows and fan meets. It took him a while to decide whether or not if he should tell them but in the end, he decided to speak the truth.

"Your recent album release, First Love, skyrocketed through the charts worldwide," she says gaining back Jungkook's focus.

"It's the first time in Korean music history where an album became a number one hit in more than twenty countries in less than a week since the release."

"I'm as surprised as you are," Jungkook sheepishly smiles. "I never expected so many people to listen to my songs. Let alone having millions of copies sold out in the two months since it was released."

He was truly surprised by the growing number of sold albums and fans that grew by each coming week. Although he was grateful to those who listened.

"It's truly a wonderful collection of songs," the interviewer admits.

"Many theories were created by your fans to attempt at grasping the concept of the entire album. Especially your hit song, Euphoria," she adds.

Jungkook nods along with a small smile allowing her to continue.

"There's a deep meaning behind it all as you said in a few of your concerts and tonight your fans are hoping you can unveil the secret to them."

"I'll try my best," Jungkook chuckles lightly. The interviewer smiles appreciatively at the star before getting down to business.

"Simply tell us how you got the idea of creating such an extraordinary song." She suggests.

It was such an easy start yet it was so difficult to explain. Jungkook knew from the day he released it he was going have to let everyone know why he did. It still hurts him when he thought about the reason and even more so when her face popped into his mind.

However, he made a vow to himself, to be honest with his fans no matter what. They've been with him since his debut and not once did they abandon his side.

The least he could be share with them a small part of his life. Jungkook takes in a deep breath before speaking.

"The meaning of my song, Euphoria, is quite simple," Jungkook begins softly.

"The word itself means being in a state of intense happiness and I wanted to express that feeling when you're with someone you love." He explains.

"Because when you're in love with someone you're always happy and every moment you spend with that person it'll send an intense joy through your veins. You'll feel at bliss when you're with them and not once would you feel the need to be apart. That feeling was something I want to express through my song."

The interviewer stares at Jungkook in awe. Her eyes widen in surprise for she wasn't expecting such a response.

It was extraordinary how this young man at twenty-three thought of such a thing. The way he expressed the meaning was like he's in love.

"You sound like you know a great deal of being in love, Jungkook," she points out with an approving nod.

"Is there a chance Euphoria was possibly written for a special someone?"

Jungkook's rosy lips slowly spread into a sad smile before he looks down at his clasped hands.

"Yes," he murmurs with his heart aching. "For a very special someone."

An exhilarating feeling races through the woman's veins as she becomes greatly interested in this new piece of information.

"That's amazing to hear!" She exclaims with a smile. "Does she know this song is for her?"

Jungkook is unresponsive for a moment as he clenches his hands together.

"No," he mumbles. "Unfortunately, I wasn't able to tell her it was for her before she left."

The interviewer's smile fractures slightly as confusion layers her eyes. "Did you two break up?"

A half-hearted chuckle escapes Jungkook's lips as his shoulders fall into a shrug. "More like she went to a better place," he softly says.

"You see, she saved me in a way many people couldn't and she had to pay the price for it."

"What do you mean?"

With a shaky breath, Jungkook glances at the interviewer with sad yet nostalgic eyes.

"As you may already know, three years ago I've dealt with lung cancer," he begins. "And someone gave me their lungs to save my life, but ever since I debuted I never released the information of who saved me."

The interviewer's heart sinks to her stomach for the fear of possibly knowing who it was.

"Was it her?" She asks gently with a sympathetic expression.

With a small nod, Jungkook answers, "Yes. And she is the sole reason why I created the album, First Love."

It was like he broke a dam of words for he found himself speaking with no intention of stopping.

"The songs within the album were created for her, even if she has passed on three years ago. But my song Euphoria was different."

The memory of writing the song on his hospital bed with such determination fills his mind creating a dull ache throughout his entire body.

Mindlessly Jungkook places a hand over his chest, a habit whenever old memories flooded through his mind.

"I wrote it three years ago when I was in the hospital," he murmurs. "I wanted a way for her to completely understand how I felt around her just in case she forgot about me. But ever since she gave me her lungs I never touched nor looked at it."

Silence filled the air afterward allowing the words to sink in both Jungkook and the interviewer. Not once has he spoken these words out loud before.

It surprised him when he felt his hands tremble anxiously with a yearning feeling radiating throughout his heart.

"What changed your mind?" She asks quietly after a minute has passed.

Jungkook could feel his throat begin to clamp up as he chewed the inside of his cheek. The sound of his beating heart thunders in his ears and he tries his best to push back his anxiety. He must push through.

Jungkook swallows thickly with his eyes saddening as a small smile pastes itself in his lips.

"My yearning for her," he answers as a lone tear escapes his eye.

"In those years I avoided that song because I was afraid of missing her. I didn't want to hurt anymore and I didn't want to think about her."

He sniffles shifting his gaze to his lap hoping the camera won't catch a glimpse of his tears.

"But after a while, I realized I needed to hurt and I needed to think about her. That was the only way I could remember her," he mumbles.

"I missed her so much that decided I would create an album and release Euphoria just for her. I wanted her finally listen to the song I created for her."

When he realizes he rambled on for who knows how long with tears streaming down his cheeks he releases an airy chuckle.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes as he quickly wipes away his tears. "I didn't mean to talk so much."

"It's quite alright," the interviewer quickly assures with a small frown.

She gazes at the sadden man before her wondering what to say or if she should signal the staff to end the interview.

"But there was something I learned right after I finished, First Love," Jungkook spoke bringing the woman back to her senses.

"And what was that, Jungkook?" She asks with a curious voice.

Slowly he looks up with eyes glistening from his tears, his cheeks gleaming in the studio light. But his smile was different from his eyes, it was a grateful smile. An appreciative one despite the hurt he felt.

He was alive because of her. She had helped him reach his dream. And he was strong because of her lungs.

He misses her more and more by each coming day and wants to hear her voice, see her more than anything. Even if it was for a moment. But those wishes of his would never come true.

Gradually, Jungkook was becoming okay with those thoughts. For he was slowly yet surely realizing how amazing and wonderful his time was with her. The things she's done for him, the sacrifice she made, he was learning to appreciate it all.

"There's never enough time to be with someone you love. Even if you knew them for two years or ten, or even when you're both children the time you spend together is valuable." Jungkook expresses warmly.

"Let it be long or short each memory is precious and no matter the situation each memory is short-lived and it must be cherished wholeheartedly forever."

/\/\/\/\
OMG I can't believe Short-Lived is actually finished! 😭

Did you like the ending??

Lemme know in the comments!!
-->

I have a lot more to say and it will be on the next chapter.

Oh! And I have a surprise for you all too!!😊

Quickly!

Scroll to the next chapter!

⬇️⬇️

Oh, and don't forget to vote and comment!!♥️♥️

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

148K 5.9K 58
"I can't look at you," his voice trembled with a painful vulnerability, "And not remember the sweet betrayal, Y/N," "I am sorry for betraying you, Ju...
129K 5.8K 40
"She wasn't ready to have seven chaotic boys enter her life and turn it upside down and neither were they." *** 26-year-old Bo-Ra, broken down inside...
141K 9.2K 92
𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘 ♡ . A shiver ran down to her body when he held her by her waist pullin...
368K 11.7K 26
[COMPLETED | UNEDITED] ✧ Four years. Four years since Kim Taehyung had seen Jeon Jungkook, yet the memory of their last conversation was still fresh...