Not So Long-lost Daddy

By cheskieblossom

After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha... More

Chapter 1 - Plot
Chapter 2 - Sasuke Goes To Work
Chapter 3 - Donating at the Daycare
Chapter 4 - Knowing The Toddler
Chapter 5 - Accident
Chapter 6 - Ichiraku Ramen
Chapter 7 - Itachi Figures It Out
Chapter 8 - A Dazed Sasuke
Chapter 9 - DNA Testing
Chapter 10 - DNA Results
Chapter 11 - Confrontation
Chapter 12 - Supporting Sasuke
Chapter 13 - Discussing Arrangements
Chapter 14 - His Parents Found Out
Chapter 15 - Sasuke's New Routine
Chapter 16 - Stranded at Sakura's
Chapter 17 - Sasuke & Sakura Make-up
Chapter 18 - Telling Sarada
Chapter 19 - Sasuke was Lectured
Chapter 20 - Sakura's Parents Ruined Everything
Chapter 21 - Sarada the Eavesdropper
Chapter 22 - What Sarada Wants
Chapter 24 - Surprise
Chapter 25 - Everything's Almost Perfect
Chapter 26 - Chaos
Chapter 27 - Bad News
Chapter 28 - Finally
Chapter 29 - Second Proposal
Epilogue

Chapter 23 - Sakura vs. Her Parents

1.9K 67 28
By cheskieblossom

After hearing what Sarada just said, Sakura didn't know if she wants to smile or be mad at her daughter.
Finally she wants to interact with her father again after how many weeks. But why all of a sudden? What part of the conversation did she hear while she was talking to Naruto and Hinata?

Sarada stormed off and made her way up the stairs. She was smashing her tiny feet while walking up the stairs to make sure she creates loud footsteps.

"What have you been teaching my granddaughter?!" Mebuki asked angrily, but trying to keep her voice low so Sarada wouldn't hear.

"What would I teach her?! For the love of god, she's a toddler mom! It's normal for her to be looking for her dad!"

"Does Sarada know who Sasuke is?" Kizashi asked.
"Yes," Sakura answered swiftly.
"Uh, Sasori, why don't you wait for me at the living room," Kizashi turned to Sasori.
"Alright," he replied lazily then walked out of the kitchen.

"Sweetheart, what about Sasori?" Kizashi asked again Sakura.

"I dunno dad! I don't know him! I don't care about him! How do you even know who that guy is?!"

"Well we came across Lady Chiyo at Suna when we traveled there. That grandson of hers was kind enough to assist us with some of our paperwork's. He seemed so lonely. He didn't make much friends even when he was younger. He just felt lonely and he reminded us of you when Sasuke left," Mebuki explained.

"So you think because he seems lonely, you can just force me to marry him?"

"Well we like Sarada to grow up with a father!"

"Sasuke is her father, and he's back here!"

"We don't trust Sasuke, sweetheart," Kizashi interjected.

"Well I don't trust that Sasori guy, either! Do you really know that guy well?"

"Yes, of course! We stayed at Suna for almost a year—"
Mebuki was cut off by her daughter right away.

"Almost a year! My god mom, you knew him for only that long and you think he's the perfect father figure for my daughter?! Do you remember last night on how he reacted towards Sasuke's older brother because of a championship game that happened in high school?! He looked like he'll beat the shit out of Itachi!"

"I don't think Sasori will do that!" Mebuki smirked.

"You don't think? So you're not sure?!"

"Sasori will not do that! And come on Sakura, boys get into fights all the time!"

"Not Itachi, mom. He just came out of a coma, that's why Sasuke hurried their way out of the sushi restaurant when that Sasori was acting strangely!"

"What?! What happened to Sasuke's older brother?"

"You see this is what I've been telling you! Sasuke got scared of marrying me right away because he was afraid that I might turn out like his older brother. He was protecting me!"

"What the hell's been going on with their family?!"

"You know how powerful the Uchihas are, right dad?" Sakura turned to her father. "That even their own flesh and blood tried to ruin them for more power," Sakura explained.

"How do you know that Sasuke isn't just making this story up just so he can come back to you?" Mebuki asked.

"Because it was Naruto who told me, mom."

"So what if Naruto's the one who told you? It may still be a lie."

"Because he is married to a Hyuga, a woman coming from another powerful clan as powerful as Sasuke's. The company of the Hyugas made a partnership with the Uchihas and that's why Naruto knew. And because Naruto is also the hokage that he obviously doesn't have the time to listen to some unnecessary lies!"

Both her parents became quiet.
Then finally Sakura took a deep breath, she seemed like she has already calmed herself.
"I'm sorry for not letting you stay here last night. I know it's been awhile that you've seen Sarada and I. But what you did was just too much. I can't even handle what you did myself, what more Sarada."

"We know that sweetheart, but please understand that we still don't trust Sasuke," Kizashi explained.

"I know dad. But if he cares about my daughter, then that's what matters to me."

"No. I'm sorry Sakura, whether you like it or not, Sasori will be a part of your family," Mebuki insisted.
"You don't get to decide for me, mom!" Sakura shouted.
"Sweetheart, your mom and I are just looking out for you," Kizashi explained. 

"I know that dad, but please I'm already on my 30s, I can handle anything!"

"I'm sorry, Sakura. Although I will not force you to marry Sasori right away, but I really like you to get to know him first. You'll see someday what your dad and I saw in him. This is for your own good. We will be leaving by the end of this week, but Sasori will be staying to look after you girls," Mebuki said.

"No mom. You guys, please just leave," Sakura was restraining herself.

"This is for you own good."

"I really missed you mom, dad. But you gotta leave now, please."

"Sakura—"

"Just please, mom!" Sakura's tears started flowing on her cheeks.

Without another word, her parents turned their backs on her. They called Sasori from her living room, and left.

Sakura couldn't believe her parents. She wasn't very close to them even as a child, but still, of all people, they shouldn't be the one forcing her into marrying someone she doesn't know.

And her dad should be the most understanding in this kind of "situation" since Kizashi's parents also didn't approve of Mebuki before, but her dad still married her mom. Why was her dad agreeing with her mom anyway? He should know exactly what she was feeling towards Sasuke.
But then again the difference was her mom didn't leave her dad hanging for three years. But still. As parents, she believed that they should understand her.

Sarada finally appeared in Sakura's thoughts, so she immediately ran up the stairs, wiping her cheeks.

When she got to Sarada's room, she saw her just lying down, hugging one of her huge stuffed animals. She went inside the little girl's room, then Sarada just looked up at her when Sakura reached her daughter's bed.

She sat down beside her and hugged her.
"Sweetie, you sure you wanna see your dad already?" Sakura asked.
"I think so," Sarada mumbled.

"Just let mommy know if you want to see him already. But if you're not yet ready, I understand. We'll just do it slowly."

"I wanna see Uncle Itachi first."

"Really? O-okay, I'll go tell him! But may I know why you want to see Uncle Itachi first?"

"You said he might die."

"Okay Sarada, what did you hear last night?! Who taught you to eavesdrop? Eavesdropping is not a very good thing to do, do you understand young lady?" Sakura continued to ramble on and on about how bad eavesdropping is.

Sarada was just quiet listening to her mother's lectures.

After all the talking, Sarada finally asked,
"Mommy, is the man with grandma and grandpa gonna be part of our family?"

"W-well, he is still a stranger to mommy. I still don't know anything about him and I just hope he has good intentions towards us. Why do you ask?"

"I don't like him."

Sakura laughed.
"Mommy, I really wanna see Uncle Itachi first. I miss him."

"Don't worry sweetheart, once they aren't busy from work, I'll make sure you see your Uncle Itachi right away," she said then kissed her on her forehead.

***

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you last night and the entire day, it's just that, my parents are just unbelievable!" Sakura was ranting on her phone while getting ready for bed.

"I understand. I already heard everything from Naruto. Besides, I really need to lie low. Naruto said he'll have ANBU guards to look after that Sasori guy," Sasuke said on the other line.

"Oh thank god, my mom just said that Sasori will look after Sarada and I even if they're away. It creeps me out."

"I know someday Sarada will have a stepfather, but I don't think that Sasori is the perf—"

"Sasuke, do not start with me. You know how I hate people telling me what to do! I am not going to marry some stranger, do you understand me?!"

Sasuke chuckled.
"I know. You're a strong woman, and that's what I love about you."

"I wish you were here, Sasuke. You know I have a surprise for you!"

"Wow a surprise?! Can't wait for that! You know I love to be with the both of you, but I really need to look after Itachi. I'm just grateful that Naruto is taking this as serious as I do. For others this might be nothing, but this is Itachi. I'm not yet ready for him to go, babe. However petty it may be, for me a threat is a threat."

"I understand babe. I don't want Itachi to leave us either. And besides, we also have a surprise for him!"

"What is this surprise anyway?"

"If I tell you now, it will no longer be a surprise you dummy!" Sakura laughed.
"Fine, fine," Sasuke laughed as well. "I can't wait for that surprise, though!"

"I really hope I get to see you soon. I miss you. But I dunno how long that Sasori will stay here, my mom really wants him to be involved!"

"Is he gonna stay at your place?"

"Do you think I'm an idiot?! Of course not! I don't even know how that guy thinks. I'm not gonna welcome him to my home! But Naruto said I should pretend to give in to my parents wishes so I can also investigate about Sasori. I'm sorry I let you and Itachi dragged into this."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. So if you're not gonna welcome him to your house, how are you gonna pretend that you've gave in to your parents wishes?"

"Don't worry about it, I got this. And it's because I'm not gonna let him near Sarada."

"I want you to be very careful Sakura when you're with him, do you understand me?"

"As if I'm gonna spend most of my time with him! Hell no! You have nothing worry about."

"Oh I have every reason to worry, trust me. I don't like the idea of you hanging out with a weirdo who might or might not have the intention to kill. What's worse, you may also fall in love with hi—"

"Sasuke I told you, do not start with me! How can I fall in love with a guy who just threatened someone's life?! I am a doctor, my duty is to save people's lives, not support someone who likes to hurt other people!"

"Fine, don't yell! Sarada might hear you. I'm just really worried."

"I got this, alright?"

"Okay. When something's up, you call me or Naruto immediately do you understand?"

"Of course, babe."

"I can't lose you and Sarada. I need you both to be safe. Call right away even if you just felt something that's off with him."

"I know, I know."

"I'm serious about this, Sakura. I will not be seeing you both again for a long time. I want you both to be safe."

"How long are we gonna be like this, just calling and texting? When will the time come when we'll all actually be together?" Sakura suddenly started crying.

"Please don't cry, babe. I don't know yet. Maybe when this whole Sasori thing is already over."

"I already hate him!"

"Me too, babe. Me too."

Sakura didn't have a choice but to tell her daughter that Uncle Itachi and her dad are still unavailable because of work. She was really excited to surprise Sasuke that Sarada is ready to see him again.

But after weeks of continuously just texting and calling, Sakura was the one who got surprised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 396 21
Cinderella AU with a twist Sakura lives with a head mistress and her two daughters. Although sakura is supposed to be considered royalty along with t...
23.2K 537 11
© SQUISHYMINNIE | for Itachi Uchiha ❦ - It's been years since (Y/N) last step foot on Konoha Village due to a mission she was intrusted with by the 3...
20.8K 693 26
SasuSaku The Uchiha and Haruno had an arranged marrige when they were in their 2nd year of highschool. Ever since, they have learned to love each oth...
15.4K 551 37
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura have been tied at each other's hips since they were toddlers. Varying freak accidents unfortunately end the three up as or...