Explosive Thoughts | Charles...

By sparksofsage

"For the record, I like the bookworm better." "You'd be the first." [X-Men] [Charles Xavier x OC] [First Clas... More

Summary
β€’ ACT ONE β€’
01 | Atomic
02 | Charles Xavier
04 | The End Times
05 | The Wonders of Memory
06 | Code Names
07 | The Attack On The CIA
08 | Focusing On The Point
09 | Insomnia
10 | A Warm, Unfamiliar Feeling
11 | The Friendly Knife Fight
12 | Trauma
13 | Hank's New Suits
14 | The Fight On The Beach
15 | Like Fireworks
16 | Things Are Looking Up
β€’ ACT TWO β€’
17 | 2023
18 | Battle of Jurisdiction
19 | Prison Break
20 | Confrontation On The Plane
21 | Paris
22 | Let It Break You
23 | The Connection
24 | A Reason To Hope
25 | The Final Showdown
26 | Final Breath
27 | Futures That Are Bright
Epilogue
β€’β€’
GRAPHIC GALLERY

03 | A Magic Trick

17.9K 697 486
By sparksofsage

CHAPTER THREE : A MAGIC TRICK

"The advent of the nuclear age may have accelerated the mutation process." Charles explained as he looked at all the people in the small room. Evie was slouched in her chair opposite Moira, her lips resting on her fist which was rested on the arm chair. The agent was scribbling notes down about how nuclear war could interest Shaw however she didn't get very far with them. "Individuals with extraordinary abilities may already be among us. Thank you very much."

"MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is gonna make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men?" The Senator questioned the women in disbelief which made Evie sigh. "You just brought yourself a one-way ticket back to the typing pool. This meeting is over." He demanded which made Evie and Moira stand up and gather their stuff.

However Charles has other ideas. "Please sit down, Agent MacTaggert, Agent Dalton." The women shared a look and did as the Englishman said. LI didn't really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during my presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary." Charles snapped. For a second he looked upwards and everyone waited to see what he was doing. "It's apple pecan."

Evie furrowed her brows at him, silently questioning what was going on. As if he could read her mind, Charles turned to her. "I haven't been entirely honest with you, love, I'm sorry." He apologised which made Evie stare at him in even more confusion. His attention moved from the brunette to the men in charge. "You see, one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to do is that I can read your mind."

The word mutation triggered something in Evie's mind. Subconsciously, she gripped her pen slightly tighter, her breath becoming slightly shallower, her mind racing slightly faster. He had a mutation, Charles Xavier had a mutation. That means she wasn't the only one. She quickly wiped a tear that had fallen down her face away.

"I've seen this before in a magic show." Agent Stryker laughed arrogantly as he looked at the Senator. "Are you gonna ask us to think of a number between one and ten now?"

"No, Agent Stryker." Charles replied, a bitter and sarcastic smile on his lips. "Although, I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about, which is very nice. But I think I'd rather ask you about the Jupiter missiles America are currently placing in Turkey." With this information, Evie and Moira shared shocked looks, their mouths wide open in shock.

"He's a goddamn spy." The Senator screamed at the two women in anger. "You brought a goddamned spy into this facility!"

"I did not!" Moira shouted back, defending herself.

Without a second of hesitation, Charles' sister Raven stood up. Her pale skin turned a vibrant blue, her blonde locks turning ginger and her blue eyes turned yellow. In a second it, all changed back. The silence was only broken by Evie dropping her pen on the floor, her mouth hanging wide open.

"How's that for a magic trick?" He remarked as he leant on the table, looking at all of the people in the room.

"Best I've ever seen." The man in the black suit who was sat at the back stated in awe.

"I want them out of here." The Senator pointed at the two mutants in disgust. "And locked down until I can figure out what to do."

"My facility is off-site." The black suit man spoke up again. "I'll take them."

"That was a shitshow if I've ever seen one." Evie exclaimed as she threw her arms around. She was walking down the corridor following her new partner, Levene. "I was actually starting to like the Director of the CIA. Not only that, Moria and I aren't allowed to be partners anymore. God, she's lucky we've even got jobs!" She complained in frustration, running her hands over her face. "On the topic of jobs; Shaw. He's still out there and apparently we are now worrying about the wrong mutants." When she turned to her partner after no reply, she saw the man stood still, the water of the fountain hitting his lip. "Levene? Levene, what's wrong with you?"

"Absolutely nothing." Charles' voice entered her head. "I've just frozen him for a moment because I'd like to talk to you."

"Shit." Evie whispered in shock as she looked around, seeing no Charles.

"In the meeting, you were thinking about how you're not the only one which means you're a mutant, like me." The professor concluded which made Evie tense up slightly.

Evie let out a nervous sigh. "That's classified information." She responded after a moment.

"Do I need to remind you I'm a telepath and I can read your mind?" He questioned her, almost amused by her response.

"Do not go through my head, got it?" Evie snapped instantly. "I will shoot you."

"Of course. I'd rather not piss off the women with a gun." Charles replied which made Evie relax slightly. "Now, onto the next thing. Sebastian Shaw, I'm as interested in him as you are. And if you still want my help, meet me on the third floor of the parking garage."

Evie nodded and began to walk towards the parking garage when an idea struck her. "Moria." She breathes out.

"She will already be there." Charles reassured her.

Evie began to walk down the corridors, everyone that she came upon was frozen. However Charles kept small talk up as she slowly made her way through the CIA, almost as if he could feel her tenseness. After a while, Evie managed to get to the garage. As she started to find her car, Evie started to share information with Charles that should have been classified.

"The CIA have a lead but if we don't get to him soon then we're gonna lose him." She explained as she unlocked her care and slipped in. "We gotta do this fast." She was about to start the car when an idea hit her. "By the way, I could lose my job helping you."

"Well let's make sure that you don't then, Agent Dalton." Charles replied instantly, clearly entertained by Evie's quick witted attitude.

Evie stepped on the gas and started to drive up to where he was. "Call me Evie." She told him in the softest voice he had heard from her.

"Of course Evie." The telepath responded. From the tone in his voice, she could hear the smile.

"You have a really nice accent by the way." Evie blurted out without thinking.

Charles chuckled. "I will take that as a compliment."

Evie turned sharply round the corner as the telepathy stopped. Once she saw the three familiar figures from the meeting, she slowed down the car to a stop and looked out. Raven didn't hesitate to shuffle into the car and sit behind Evie.

"Agent Dalton has a lead on Sebastian Shaw, and if we don't move now, apparently, we're gonna lose him." Charles told the man in a suit, sending a small smile towards the brunette.

The man furrowed his brows in confusion.  "What?"

"Not only can he read minds, he can communicate with them as well." Raven explained simply as she shifted in her seat.

Charles leant in the car roof as he looked at the brunette in the car. "Evie and I have just had a lovely conversation."

"That we did." Evie confirmed as she smiled back at the man. She turned in her seat and held her hand out to the blonde. "I'm Evie Dalton." She introduced herself.

Raven took the women's hand and shook it. "I'm Raven."

"Can I just say, your mutation is beautiful." Evie told her in slight awe which made Raven freeze for a moment.

"Get in the car." Charles demanded, using his mutation on the man in a suit.

The guy nodded in agreement. "Good idea."

Once everyone was inside the car Evie started driving again, slowly moving out the garage. It was then that Charles decided to question Evie further much to her dismay.

"You are still yet to tell me what your mutation is." Charles reminded her as he watched her. Part of him wanted to read her mind but he had already said he wouldn't do that.

"You're not in any rush, right?" Evie replied with a smirk, amusement in her eyes. She hadn't known him long but she already knew she loved teasing him. "Besides, it's fun to keep you guessing."

Not edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.1K 25
"Don't talk to me like that, I am your father!" "Then act like one!" ------ "I like your hair.....think I'll call you Quicksilver," "I like yo...
18.5K 302 22
"You can be rather intimidating you know." "I like to think of it as a part of my charm." ------------------------ Charles Xarvier X OC
31.5K 569 17
In which a girl with a struggling yet extraordinary ability meets many others just like her. They become family to her except one of them, who becom...
153K 1.7K 27
REQUESTS CLOSED I can do: Young Charles Xavier Young Magneto Peter Maximoff Alex Summers Scott Summers Warren Worthington III Hank McCoy Raven Da...