๐˜๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—น๐˜†, james po...

By hvgwcrts

๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ james potter finds he's not that much into redheads as he thought More

TIGER LILY
PROLOGUE
ACT ONE
ห—ห‹ 01
ห—ห‹ 02
ห—ห‹ 03
ห—ห‹ 04
ห—ห‹ 05
ห—ห‹ 06
ห—ห‹ 07
ห—ห‹ 08
ห—ห‹ 09
ห—ห‹ 10
ห—ห‹ 11
ห—ห‹ 12
ห—ห‹ 13
ห—ห‹ 14
ห—ห‹ 15
ห—ห‹ 16
ห—ห‹ 17
ห—ห‹ 18
ห—ห‹ 19
ห—ห‹ 20
ห—ห‹ 21
ห—ห‹ 22
ห—ห‹ 23
ห—ห‹ 24
ห—ห‹ 25
ห—ห‹ 26
ห—ห‹ 27
ห—ห‹ 28
ห—ห‹ 29
ห—ห‹ 31
ห—ห‹ 32
ห—ห‹ 33
ห—ห‹ 34
ห—ห‹ 35
ห—ห‹ 36
-ห‹ 37
-ห‹ 38
-ห‹ 39
-ห‹ 40
-ห‹ 41
-ห‹ 42
-ห‹ 43
-ห‹ 44
-ห‹ 45
-ห‹46
-ห‹ 47
-ห‹ 48
-ห‹ 49
-ห‹ 50
-ห‹ 51
-ห‹ 52
-ห‹ 53
-ห‹ 54
-ห‹ 55
-ห‹ 56
-ห‹ 57
-ห‹ 58
-ห‹ 59
-ห‹ 60
-ห‹ 61
-ห‹ 62
-ห‹ 63
-ห‹ 64
-ห‹65
-ห‹ 66
-ห‹ 67
-ห‹ 68
-ห‹ 69
-ห‹ 70
-ห‹ 71
-ห‹ 72
-ห‹ 73
-ห‹ 74
-ห‹ 75
-ห‹ 76
-ห‹ 77
-ห‹ 78
-ห‹ 79
-ห‹ 80
-ห‹ 81
-ห‹ 82
-ห‹ 83
-ห‹ 84
-ห‹ 85
-ห‹ 86
-ห‹ 87
-ห‹ 88
-ห‹ 89
-ห‹ 90
ACT TWO
-ห‹ 01
-ห‹ 02
-ห‹ 03
-ห‹ 04
-ห‹ 05
-ห‹ 06
-ห‹ 07
-ห‹ 08
-ห‹ 09
-ห‹ 10
-ห‹ 11
-ห‹ 12
-ห‹ 13
-ห‹ 14
-ห‹ 15
-ห‹ 16
-ห‹ 17
-ห‹ 18
-ห‹ 19
-ห‹ 20
-ห‹ 21
-ห‹ 22
-ห‹ 23
-ห‹ 24
-ห‹ 25
-ห‹ 26
-ห‹ 27
-ห‹ 28
-ห‹ 29
-ห‹ 30
-ห‹ 31
-ห‹ 32
-ห‹ 33
-ห‹ 34
-ห‹ 35
-ห‹ 36
-ห‹ 37
-ห‹ 38
-ห‹ 39
-ห‹ 40
-ห‹ 41
-ห‹ 42
-ห‹ 43
-ห‹ 44
-ห‹ 45
-ห‹ 46
-ห‹ 47
-ห‹ 48
-ห‹ 49
-ห‹ 50
-ห‹ 51
-ห‹ 52
-ห‹ 53
-ห‹ 54
-ห‹ 55
-ห‹ 56
-ห‹ 57
-ห‹ 58
-ห‹ 59
-ห‹ 60
-ห‹ 61
-ห‹ 62
-ห‹ 63

ห—ห‹ 30

25.7K 1K 338
By hvgwcrts

CHAPTER THIRTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH EMOTIONS SHOW

. . .

"Tiger." The instantly recognisable sing-song tone of Sirius's voice calling from further up the hill, and just seconds later the boy was slinging his arms around her shoulder, slightly pushing her down.

"I would like to make it to class today." Tiger commented, looking over at Sirius, who was being followed by James and Peter. "Preferably without a detour to the Hospital Wing with a broken leg. Merlin knows what potion she has to fix breaks like that, because I for sure know episkey won't cut it."

"She has a bottle of Skele-Gro." James said, catching up to the pair. "Nasty tasting stuff, I would know - various Quidditch accidents over the years."

"There you go." Tiger nodded, and looked over at Sirius. "Would you really like to explain to Remus about why I'm bitching about drinking that?"

"It would be worth it." Sirius smirked slightly, then began to speak again as he realised the other three were staring at him. "What? It would be worth it to see Tiger drink the Skele-Gro. What else would I have meant?"

"I dunno." Peter shrugged. "It sounded weird though." Tiger and James nodded in agreement, and the subject was dropped as they continued to descend down to the area at the edge of the Forbidden Forest where Professor Kettleburn was waiting for them.

James had a hand wavering by Tiger's waist, ready to grab on in case Sirius tried anything - not that James thought he would, but more as a precaution. The slopes were slippy anyway - they were in Scotland in autumn, near winter, after all.

"Good afternoon." Professor Kettleburn had his usual happy smile on as he greeted the students. "I trust that there were no casualities on the way down here?" He seemed to look in the direction of Sirius, James, Tiger and Peter.

Sirius snickered, until he saw Tiger's expression, and Peter and James tried to hide their laughter. The ongoing 'feud' between Sirius and Tiger was for sure a source of entertainment during the more boring lessons. It was just them at each other's throats constantly, filled with sarcasm, dry humour and snide comments mumbled after sentences.

"As you all - excluding a select few - managed to complete the homework task about Thestrals, I thought we could perhaps take a chance to view them in real life - or at least, those who can." Kettleburn explained, and lead the group of confused sixth years into the Forest.

"Make sure we all stay close together. We wouldn't want anyone getting lost." The man called. "It isn't exactly well know what inhabits this forest - hence it being forbidden."

"That's very reassuring." James commented, creating snickers from Sirius and Peter. Tiger had remained silent, and after a few more minutes of walking even deeper into the woods, James felt her slide her hand into his, her grip slightly tighter than usual.

"Sorry." Tiger mumbled, when she noticed that James definitely had felt her actions. "I can stop it if you want me to."

"No it's fine just-" James paused, as he looked over at the girl, only just being able to see her face behind the curls of purple hair which covered parts of it. "Twigs, you're paler than the Bloody Barron on a good day. Are you feeling sick? Is it finally the weather from the time I got sick finally catching up to you? Is-"

"James.. it's not any of that." Tiger mumbled, brushing her hair back behind her ear. "I'm pretty sure you and Sirius figured out that I can see them."

"Oh." James paused for a moment, then squeezed Tiger's hand. "Of course, I'm so sorry. If you want I can convince old Burny to let us get out early."

"No it's fine. I can manage, I think." Tiger's words became even quieter each word that she spoke, and by the end of her sentence, she was almost whispering. "It's important for you to learn as well."

"Just say the word and I can get you out." James promised, and Tiger nodded, as the group of sixth years approached a clearing in the forest, and they stopped by a group of bushes.

Most students looked clueless, but Tiger was staring straight into the clearing, her eyes fixated on, to everyone else, seemed like thin air. But to Tiger it was a magnificently scary horse-like creature.

A shade of blue so dark it appeared black, and the structure of it's bones so visible through the skin. A skeletal beauty, a creature you could only see after the experience of death.

"Now, I bet you're all thinking 'where on Earth has this lunatic of a teacher taken us'. In front of your very eyes are Thestrals." Professor Kettleburn announced, sweeping out his arm in a grand gesture, only to reveal what looked like nothing.

The students began to mumble between themselves, still entirely confused on what was going on. Kettleburn was pointing at absolutely nothing, they couldn't see anything.

"Is there anyone here who is able to see the Thestrals?" Professor Kettleburn asked and looked around the class. Tiger's hand had slipped out of James's and she raised it, the other wrapped around her stomach. "My condolences, Miss Howell." The teacher said, and all students looked over at the girl "Would you mind describing the Thestrals."

"Um.. they're almost like horses but in the exact opposite way. They're a lot taller than horses, and they don't have fur. They're more like the enlarged skeletons of horses which dark blue skin." Tiger explained, her eyes trained to the ground.

"Thank you, Miss Howell. And once again, I am sorry for your loss." Professor Kettleburn began an explanation which others knew would go on for a while.

Tiger stepped slightly backwards, and felt James's arm slot around her waist. Once again, it had been hovering there just in case. But at this moment, the presence was comforting.

"You sure you're ok?" James asked, Tiger moving even closer to his side. She shrugged, her eyes focused on the Thestrals, but her mind was somewhere else.

Tiger was silent for what remained of that lesson, her eyes slightly glossy in the light that shone through between the trees. Kettleburn made sure not to ask her anything else, just leaving the girl to it.

She stayed glued to James's side, his arm hanging around her waist. Sirius had quickly explained to Peter was was going on, and when it was time to go back to the castle, they made sure to make themselves scarce, leaving James and Tiger.

As soon as they exited the forest and could make their way back up to the school, Tiger had latched onto James's making sure to stay exactly where she was.

She felt somewhat safe there, and the two didn't need to speak, just simply share each other's company. They had reached the corridor leading back to school, and said their goodbyes to the professor, which was when Tiger moved.

Only to hug James, her head resting on his heart. She was shaking, only slightly, and James was sure he could feel her crying. But he still wouldn't say anything. Not for a while, anyways.

"Tigs." James gently said, after he was sure that Tiger had calmed down a little bit. "I have Quidditch practise in half an hour." He said, and Tiger raised her head, looking up at him. "You can come along if you want to, I have something to show you anyways."

"Ok." Tiger agreed, and slipped her hand into James's as they walked back to the common room, where Tiger would wait for him to change, and then watch the practise.

It was a day of mixed emotions, and nobody really knew what to think, or what would happen, or what would happen. The past was in the past, they say, but there is always the threat of it resurfacing.

Especially when someone involved survives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.3K 17
in which a girl named for the stars falls in love with someone with a smile incomparable to any star in existence - [hp] [marauders era, sixth year] ...
100K 3.5K 32
In a final attempt at getting Lily to go out with him, James does the only thing he can think of. Ask Valda Hufflepuff to be his fake girlfriend. " i...
699 11 10
-๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ, ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž
181K 3.9K 35
๊งIn which they both have feelings but are unknown to eachother๊ง‚ OR After 6 years of chasing Lily Evans it seems as if James Potter has given up on...