Oh My, BETTINA-SAMA!

By Miss_Tayen

I suddenly woke up in the body of a 6 year old child with the memories of my past life. However, upon looki... More

Oh God, what have you done?!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 63

6.3K 320 59
By Miss_Tayen

"Hmm?  My~ what about Mother and Father ne, Betti-chan? "

We are having our dinner at the moment and I just asked Okaasama about Grandfather and Grandmother.

"You see,  Okaasama~ Christmas is coming and I'm thinking of celebrating it with Grandfather and Grandmother? "

I asked innocently while silently hoping that she would agree to it. 

"Hmm~ What do you think, dear? " asked Okaasama. 

Otousama elegantly wiped his mouth with a white cloth and thought for a while..

"I don't think it's a bad idea."

Yes!

This is it keke!

I wonder what does Grandfather and Grandmother like?  Are they also strict like Okaasama?  Or..

Let's see about it.

And so,  I excitedly packed my things because we're now going to Lirya Province where Grandfather and Grandmother are currently staying.  According to Okaasama,  that's the place where she came from and grew up. Lirya Province is a vast and rich province in the east and is surrounded by seas and mountains.

Though,  there have not much of a factory or whatever that produces too much hazard in the air at Renoa City,  the city we're currently living in and the Capital of Celis,  I still think about the fresh air and wonderful nature of a province. 

After a long travel,  I can now see the wonderful Lirya Province which is popular for it's rich natural resources and beautiful sights to see. 

Ahh the cold breeze of nature that slaps my face feels very amazing and soothing. If you ever been to Bern,  Switzerland or have seen some photo of it, Lirya Province was very close to such atmosphere and ambiance. The cold breeze with the fresh smell of mountains and seas.  The feeling is so refreshing that you can be able to forget your worries. Such soothing feeling that can wash away your worries.

Ahh this feeling's the best~

The car stopped in front of a classic and elegant mansion.  It looks like a historical ancestral house which was passed down to many generations already with it's classical Gothic architecture surrounded by varieties of flowers which can only be seen here in Lirya.  Before the main entrance of the mansion,  there stood a classic statue of a European priestess holding a book in her hand, below her was a pond filled with kois and what surrounds the pond was bunch of red roses that gives off an elegant and classic vibe.

On the left side of the mansion, there's a field of red roses and a carved path which seems to be leading towards a particular place.  Okaasama pulled me and Brent-chan towards the waiting couple.

My eyes landed on the figures waiting for us at the main door of the mansion with a stiff expression.

Uhh.

( ̄. ̄)

Did I..

Did I made a wrong decision?

Oi.

"Mother,  Father.  We are here."

Okaasama greeted them so as Otousama and after exchanging few words of greetings, Okaasama introduced us.

"Good day to you, Grandfather and Grandmother. It's an honor to finally meet you.  I've been looking forward~"

I gracefully bend my body down to greet them. Brent-chan also greeted them.

After the greetings,  we all went inside and the old couple lead the way towards the dining area.

Contrary to my first impression, the couple actually has a very warm personality but was concealed by their strict appearances.

That scared meeee..

Mouh~

One of the reasons why I wanted to meet my grandparents is to build a good relationship with them and leave a strong impression. As I said, I am very much willing to use all the resources available just to survive in this cruel world.  Even though I know Okaasama and Otousama has now a strong attatchment to me,  them walking on the same path as the novel's Mr. And Mrs. Reinhart would be now not so possible, it still better to have a plan B.

I am planning for my future thoroughly that I can't afford any mistakes.

It's better to be cautious.

And seeing the place,  I think I just found my safe place whenever I feel like I'm straying too far from my goal.

My grandparents were surprisingly simple and even asked me and Brent-chan to call them Dad and Mum and to remove all the formalities when talking to them. And now I'm thinking if where on earth did the past Bettina's Okaasama got her nasty attitude and so fixated on status.  Even now,  she's still somehow the same but at least, not that bad. 

And that was only answered when Dad and Mum narrated what happened to Okaasama why she acts like that.  The truth is,  Mum,  in the past was just like Okaasama. Always aims to be on top and to be perfect of everything however as they get older,  Mum realized just what kind of stupid things she did in the past and regrets how she brought Okaasama up. 

Looking down on people below them,  unjust and prideful , that's how Mum used to be.  They are rich and powerful and so she grow up previledged and thought the world is below them.  That's where Okaasama got her character.  And was also passed down to me.

As the saying goes,  history repeats itself. 

It's a cycle.

I mean circle.

It's repetitive that's why,  I won't be surprised why Bettina of the novel grew up like that.

To know your character,  to know yourself or even to know someone, you have to dig deep until you reach the root of all.  Every man's character has a story behind and thus,  you shouldn't judge him or her that easily.  Even in knowing yourself,  your past is the first thing you have to know. Look back,  reflect and learn. That's the whole scheme of life works.

Fearing of becoming someone I'm not me.

Fearing of becoming someone I don't want to be.

I started to know myself more.

My current self.

Not my past self.

Past is all in the past and no matter what I do,  I can't return anymore. And so,  I decided to let go and focused on my current self. 

The Christmas ended and we went back to Renoa. Dad and Mum had given us a lot of souvenirs that it can hardly fit in my luggage.

"Betti-chan,  here~"

Mum called for me and handed me a royal blue box. I took it and opened to see what's inside.

"My~ isn't this a sapphire?"

A sapphire brooch was inside and by the looks of it, it was a hundred year old piece of jewelry. The sapphire was cold to touch that can send chills to ones spine when touched.

According to mum, the sapphire brooch is something a daughter of House Vanté should give to her husband. Vanté is Okaasama's maiden name and is also a wealthy family that dominates the Lirya Province. This Sapphire brooch was supposed to be given to Okaasama and have her give it to Otousama but Okaasama thought it's too old and such thing the don't suit a man of prestige.

I look at the sapphire again and frowned.

It looks great though and..

Expensive hehe.

I wonder how much can I pawn this for?

Hmm.

Hundred thousand?

Or a million?

Keke just kidding.

But I wonder..

Which person will this brooch end up?

(Author's: Hehe)

What happened in Lirya was worth it all. 

I feel satisfied and..

Clearheaded..

*******

Author's: Whooo?  Who's your bet mina?  Hehe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760 21 41
Just short stuff I write, mainly my fixation on the Transmigration and isekai or reincarnation genre. If it's in the first person I probably wrote it...
11.5K 472 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
118K 3.1K 32
Basically those romance/betrayal Chinese novels, Isekai Japanese novels, and reborn as __ 's daughter Korean novels all bunched up together. Gone ̶y...
4.4K 74 164
Description I was reincarnated as the supporting character of a novel. As a wingwoman in a depressing romance novel titled at that. Romance is out of...