The Tangled Assistant

By thefortforced30

They say opposite attract but hell she was a spit ball of fire. and he was about to get so burned. ~~~~~~~~~~... More

prologue.
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48

chapter 30

150 13 0
By thefortforced30

Anaïs

I was woken up by the sounds of the birds that were chirping rather loudly and I groaned out loud.
The alarm on my phone had not gone out yet and I groaned when hunger struck me.

Well that's what you get for eating one meal a day.
When I noticed that I was naked in the bed I chuckled then grabbed the towel that I had thrown down and went to my closet.

It was eight thirty in the morning meaning that Lucas left thirty minutes ago and I breathed in as contentment filled my whole body because I knew that I was going to have one hell of a breakfast meal.

Margaret was in meaning that if I asked her for breakfast she would make it for me with a smile on her face. She hated whenever I did not take breakfast which was every other day of the week since I got here but today would be an exception.

Throwing on a shirt with a happy smile I opened my door then skidded down the stairs going to ask for breakfast and I regretted it the moment I got there.

What was he doing here.

Rolling my eyes at the man that suddenly made my heart beat faster than how it was beating I closed my eyes as Margaret called my name her voice full of life.

You see. This was why I was grateful that she was ever around because she seemed like nothing would ruin her mood.

The man who was occupying one of the seats on the island looked at me while holding a cup of something that I could smell as coffee.
When Margaret saw my face she furrowed her eyebrows then asked me what was wrong.

Was I that obvious.

He did not say anything instead he observed me.
Asshole. The man couldn't even apologise.
I couldn't even say his name that's how much I hated him.

"What maggy I just woke up. Ofcourse my face is going to be like this" I said then passed past the man whose cologne surrounded the whole house.

When she saw me go to the fridge she watched me and I knew she would know that something was wrong if she kept watching me like how she was doing.
It seemed like she wasnt the only one doing so however.

"Can I get a big breakfast today?" I asked her as I drowned the lemonade in the glass and she rose her brows.

"Something is definitely wrong" she said then gave me her back going to prepare the breakfast and I was left with my shocked face.

Couldn't I just have breakfast without anyone thinking that something was wrong.
I just want to be happy

The man however did not say a word instead kept on watching me and when I started getting tired and uncomfortable I snapped saying 'what' towards his direction and he shook his head not uttering a word.

"I thought so." I murmured then finished my glass of water.
When Lucas was done he slammed the mug on the counter making me roll my eyes and took his briefcase leaving.

"You are late asshole" I almost said it outloud which made me cringe. What would he think plus he was the boss anyway.

"Here is your breakfast darling" Margaret said placing a plate of toasted sliced of bread that has melted cheese on them. Scrambled eggs bacon and two sausages and I couldn't help but smile at the heaven that sat on the two plates and a bowl.

When I was done digging in which didnt take me more than ten minutes I sat there for a good two minutes feeling like a pregnant kangaroo and I smiled.

Maggy watched me the whole time then shook her head with a smile.
"Malia is coming in less than an hour" I said more to myself then quickly stood up so that I could be done with showering and getting ready by the time she comes here.

"What the hell are you two doing here!" My brother exclaimed after he looked at both of us and I rose a brow and Malia grinned.

We went to ambush him at his working place since today he had to work in but the rest of the days he would usually complete his work at home.

We called him less than an hour ago asking him if we could come over and he specifically said 'no' but who were we to litsen to him.

"You knew I was going to come whether you liked it or not" I said looking at him and for a good ass monday morning he did not look well.

He then shook his head and I tailed behind him after I gave him a look saying that it was not safe to talk wherever we were standing.

He lead us to an office then locked the door and when he set the key into his pocket he told us to sit.

"Are you sure this place is not wired?" I asked looking around especially in the corners looking for any hidden camera or recorder.
I found none and when Malia nodded telling me that she didn't any too we sat down.

"So what is with the look?" He asked referring specifically to my outfit.
I shrugged.

"I dont work remember?" I said chuckling then licked my front teeth making Malia chuckle.

I was in high low shorts with a while button up shirt and knee length boots and for Malia she was in black Jeans with a long sleeved shirt that happened to just be cropped at the same level of where her high waisted jeans started and colourless slide in heels.

We did dress to kill but we definetly werent dressed to attend a meeting in an office.

"So start talking. I heard you guys have loads on what has been going on" I said eying him and he shut his mouth looking at me. Malia looked at me as well but said nothing.

"How did you know that?" He asked looking at me and I smiled.

"I did not but now I know. So start talking" I said then he face palmed his face knowing very well that he fucked up and I was not going to leave him alone until he told me what I wanted to know and to hear and back that up with proof which he did.

"So in short Mandine and her boyfriend's  death wasn't an accident and Liza Miller is a spy in Lucas's company because she is being paid by his mother and Lucas knows that her mother wants him dead but still haven't fired Liza who might just kill him at any time?" Malia asked processing all the information that we were just given and I nodded my head saying "mhm" telling her that she was right.

She also skipped the part that there is someone else who is doing all the dirty work. Someone who is being paid by Luca's mother to watch me and after my brother said that I knew that I was not paranoid.

"Well we are being tailed" Malia said looking at the side mirror and I groaned.
I honestly was not in for such games and as much as i wanted to play the game of cat and mouse then be the mouse in the play I was tired of it.

Plus hiding was not my biggest talent.

"Mom said not to do it again" Malia said looking at me as I speed up even more leaving the tailing two cars away from the highway to avoid attention and unnecessary accidents.

Looking at her for a brief moment I scoffed.

"Its either we die here or we do it" i said shrugging my shoulders and i  increased the speed even more.
Giggling she clapped her hand then reminded me that we had no guns.

"We wont need any. Just strap up and let me do my thing" I said taking a turn and I watched one car follow me and another going straight ahead.
Probably to block my way.

"Idiots" I said chuckling and Malia nodded her head agreeing with me.

Little did they know that it was a trap.

I guess there are some things of your past that you just can't leave behind.

Looking at the flipped car I examined its condition and I examined the two passed out guys in the car and guess my excitement when I noticed that one of them wasn't actually a guy.

Guess my disappointment when I noticed that it wasnt the girl who had been stalking us.

"We are taking her" I said then me and Malia crunched down then dragged her through the empty space that had the door of the SUV they were in and I squat down searching her for anything that would tell us that she was wired.

"Dito" I said smiling as I looked at the camera tiny camera that was now hanging inside her black sweater and I raised it to my face and smiled.

"Hey sexy" I said then laughed while I was holding it infront of my face.

"I'm coming for you. Dont worry I'll drop your girl back once I'm done with her." I said all the humour gone now.
Then I threw it down and stepped on it making sure it was crunched under my boots then covered the face of the woman who was still unconscious.

We then threw her in the truck of the car praying that her head does not hit a metal and bleed in my car.

The minute I stopped at the warehouse I had called my mom who got excited after hearing that we managed to get one of the people who were trailing us then murmured saying she was starting to think that the fire in me had died down.

She then told us that we should settle and that she was going to be there as soon as she could. That was five minutes after she cut the call.
After asking her how many speeding tickets she got she rolled her eyes and told us to show her the person.

I switched on the lights and one of the men in the room brought a bucket that had a specific amount of ice cubes and placed it next to Malia
She thanked him and lidted it pouring its content on the unconscious girl.
She jerked awake with a low scream and Malia threw down the bucket that was now empty then told me to start and that was when I started question her.

"Talk!" I commanded the dark haired girl and I closed my eyes when she snarled at me again.

We had been doing this for a good five minute because I decided to play nice.
Well I was getting impatient.

"Mom come on she ain't saying shit" I said looking at my mother who then stood up with an electronic drill press making both me and whoever was about to be drilled holes into widen our eyes.

Looking at Malia who had a neutral face making me ask her if she was mentally okay.
She shrugged her shoulders.

"Go. I'll tell you everything once I am done with her then deposit her where we found her whether she is alive or not" my mother said and I nodded my head.

Hearing the sound of the drill go off I heard the girl scream and a slap echo in the room.
Did she just slap her.

Laughing outloud i proceeded to get the hell out of the house and let my mother handle it mainly because I did not want blood on my button up and the smell of blood wasnt my cup of tea.

"We really could have stayed" Malia said as she slammed the door shut and I started the engine backing out of the parking lot that I was in.

Looking at the building that looked like it would fall on itself if there was any slight blow of the wind I chuckled knowing that little people knew what went on in there.

The house was not going to fall. Hell it wouldn't even fall even if there was a hurricane. It was built to look like it would and keep strays away from entering because it led to an underground warehouse that was now owned by an old nemesis of my father who did not mind letting us use house for our own fun.

Looking at a now mad Malia I told her to drop the attitude as we continued to drive looking for an electronic shop where I needed to get a completely untraceable laptop. Phone and a few devices that I would need in my long search.

"Why are you really this stubborn Ana" my dad said through the phone making me feel a little bit guilty.

We were now parked in the parking lot of the shop as I attended my phone call before entering there.

"What did I do this time?" I asked to the other party and Malia looked at me with questioning eyes and i mouthed dad.

"Why did Malia's dad call me saying that he never thought we would use the ware house again and for sure it ain't me and your brother is in his office right now" my father said and I could picture the excitement building up in his eyes.

I knew some part of him was happy that I was living this forbidden lifestyle at the moment.
It was intriguing but the parental side of him absolutely hated it because he knew that it might end up with tables turned and a bullet between my eyes.

"I found a suspect so I needed answers and she was cooperating as good as a bird with breadcrumbs surrounding it" I said then I heard him chuckle on the other end of the call.

"I cant say I am happy about this but I am glad you are taking some of the matters in your own hands plus I was wondering how long it would take you to snap" he said and I could hear him say the name Natalie on the other end and I closed my eyes.

"Dad we will talk about that later. I got errands to run and a few things to buy I might pass by and get you to look into my car and remove any GPS or tracker that might be in there" I said and he agreed telling me the time which I noted and after that we said our goodbyes.

Staring at the name of the shop I could feel a smirk on my lips as I thought of all the securities I was going to breach.
The accounts I was going to hack into and the people I was going to bribe into giving me information.

You know the saying that goes like 'money is power' well in a world like this it was and as long as you swam in it then the power was yours.

"Shall we?" Malia said opening the door and the smile on my lips widened into a grin.

Whoever said that I was sick when it came to some things did not lie.
I was indeed sick to put a bullet into whoever thought could mess with me and get away with it.
_________________________________________

Sooooo
Guys tell me how is it. How doing. How is everything.

Anyways none of you are wondering who natalie or natalya is?

Well leave for me  comment I would like to know your guesses and see you in the next update which is soon coming by the way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394 39 13
"Why are you here Mateo" I shouted at him. How dare he show up and think he can control every part of my life. "I missed you, Love" He smirked. Love...
223K 3.8K 43
๐Œ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐š ๐’๐จ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž The billionaires daughter's dreams and fantasies of marrying for love crushed within a second as she finds herself helping...
9.5K 1.4K 64
[ Daily Updates ] Opposites attract? Opposites collide.. She didn't trust men. She didn't trust Trust. She lived in pain and had learnt to thrive in...
22.9K 813 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...