Identity | h.s

By mindlessxwriting

not everyone is who they say they are. More

Identity
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
a/n
PLEASE READ

Chapter Twenty

103 13 13
By mindlessxwriting

"You must have realised by now that all the training you have done in the past two years was done for a reason, right?" Alec asked, as I got myself comfortable, I nodded slightly, as it was clear that there was more to it than just being able to feel safe and to protect myself, I just had no clue what it was necessary for really. "Well, I'm not so sure how I can explain this, but just listen to me carefully, please." He sighed.

"Alec, take your time," I gave him a small smile. He nodded in reply.

"How much do you remember about your childhood?" He asked, tapping his right hand on the unit.

"Uhm, not a lot if I'm honest. Bits and pieces that don't really add up. " I answered quietly, trying to recollect my memories which were limited for some unknown reason.

"Like what?" He pushed. I sighed as I didn't understand why he was asking me this.

"Mom and dad fighting and then mom leaving all of a sudden." 

"Anything else?" He asked. 

"I.. I think before that happened, dad would be in the hospital a lot and would sometimes come home after work with cuts, brusies and bloody noses. I was young so I didn't understand. I'm guessing he got into a lot of fights," I laughed lightly. "And I also remember when you were in hospital a few years back for a pretty long time but I don't remember why," I sighed and so did Alec.

"Okay, you remember more than I thought so this may be a little easier to explain. Plus, once I tell you everything, some things may come back to you and you will remember them." He said. "Your dad... well, his job isn't what you think it is." He began, by this time I was very intrigued. "He has a very high status here in the states, his position even makes him very powerful. He has this co-operation, thing, I'm not sure how to descirbe it, it's like, assassinations, but not quite. Not to that extent. Anyway, involved in this co-operation, is a training academy, and they train people from the age of 16 to kill whoever they need killing. They also train people like me, to train other people who are not yet allowed to know about the co-operation, like you, for example. No one was allowed to tell you because your dad didn't want you knowing."

I cut him off by speaking, "Hold up, so for the past two years, you have been training me so I can kill some people that have a bust up with my dad and his god damn co-operation? Are you kidding me right now? I am not killing anyone. I refuse to. I won't do it." I spat viciously.

"That's the thing, you don't uh- you don't have a choice." He said quietly, lowering his head.

"Excuse me?" 

"You don't have a choice as in, you will be controlled." He sighed.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked with confusion.

"Have you ever seen in movies or on tv, how someone can be hypnotised and when a certain word or phrase is like, said, the person who is hypnotised will do whatever they were asked to do when the hypnosis was done?" 

"Yeah, I ha- wait, are you saying that I'm going to be hypnotised?" I asked.

He shook his head before replying, "you're already hypnotised." he said, before asking for a piece of paper and a pen. I walked to the cupboard to get them and sat back down before pushing them towards him, looking at him curiously.

"When the fuck did that happen? I don't remember." I cried. I felt so confused at this point, I honestly thought that Alex was kidding, but the tone of his voice and his features told me otherwise.

"You wouldn't remember. It's impossible for you to remember that in particular. It happened when you were 16, you know, when the training started? We were in the living room, and a guy from your dad's co-operation hypnotised you. You were sedated beforehand so that you had no clue what was going on before either."

"So what's the word or the phrase?" I asked, now understanding why he needed the pen and paper. He quickly scribbled on the paper before pushing it towards me.

"Don't worry, reading it won't affect you," he reassured as I scanned the ink on the paper.

It read,

'you're our concealed weapon.'

"That's the phrase?" I asked, Alec nodded in reply before telling me to keep the piece of paper safe with me. 

"Anyway, don't worry about that for just a moment as I would like to explain some other things to you. You see, I was forced into this just as much as you have been. My dad - your uncle - wanted to get me involved in this, so he had me hypnotised too."

"Have you ever, you know, killed anyone?"

"Yes. 13 people, apparently, and believe me I am not proud of it." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Now I think i should explain the whole thing between your parents as it is linked. A little time ago, before your mom left you guys, your dad made a very, very big mistake. Your mom begged him not to get you involved with this co operation, but your dad got into a major bust up with a guy in London. Someone by the name of Des, I think, although I'm not certain as it is meant to be confidential. Anyway, your dad decided that he was going to bring you into this as you were the next child throughout the co operation to turn 16. Your dad didn't have a choice and well, when your mom found out, she left." He looked at me, sadness clouded over him and I could tell that he felt guilty about everything.

"What about all the times my dad was in hospital? And you too?"

"Fights. Tasks. That sort of thing. We don't always come out untouched" He chuckled. I nodded my head in understanding, but I was still shocked and wanted to know more.

"Alec, is there a way to reverse the hypnosis?" I asked curiously.

He nodded before replying, "Yes, the hypnotist that originally hypnotised you can reverse it..." He paused, "but with him knowing that you're related to your dad, he won't help you..." He stopped.

"Alec, is there something else?"

He looked at me hesitantly but gave in, "Yes... There is another way to reverse it..." He paused once again. I looked at him to reassure him, pushing him mentally a little. "An accident, that causes damage to the body, more importantly, to the head, can reverse it." He sighed ,and then something clicked.

"That's why you were in hospital for two months, you tried reversing it that way." I gasped, he nodded in reply. "And did it work?"

"It did, but I nearly died. Please don't do it. It's too risky." He begged. I nodded as I had no intentions of causing myseld an accident to reverse this. I'll find another way around this. "Do you have anymore questions about this? I don't want to overload you with all of this but if it's gonna eat away at that brain of yours then I want to tell you as much as I can."

"I do have some more questions, actually. Do you think that the texts I was getting before are linked to this? And also, do you remember when you said something like 'if there's something I don't want to go through with in the future, I should do everything I can to prevent it'? That was about all of this right?"

"Yes." He sighed. "The texts were in a way, from your dad, but it was someone at headquarters who were sending them because he was with you when two of them were sent to you. And yes again, I hope you know that I have been looking out for you from day one." I laughed at the fact that this co operation use the word 'headquarters', it makes it sound less realistic but I know that this is no joke.

I nodded in understandment, "Also, why do you film our training?"

"It really is to follow and check your progress. I record out training, give it to your dad, he takes it to headquarters and they evaluate your progress each time. And, apparently you've made very good progress." He looked down, and I knew that there was something else he wasn't telling me, so I decided to get it out of him.

"Alec... what does that mean?" I whined.

He gave in quicker than I thought, though, "That they're bringing your task forward. It was meant to be in about 9 months, but it could happen anytime after the next 5 months." He looked so guilty, and I could tell he was sorry. This time, the information didn't shock me. I don't think anything can shock me anymore, especially after everything I have just found out. Nothing can get worse than this.

"I think I'm beginning to understand this now. Although I do have a lot more questions to ask but I'm tired, and all of this new and very shocking information is giving me a headache and making me think way too much. So if you don't mind, you can go watch some tv or leave but I'm going to go to bed." I explained before standing up. "And for the record, it's okay, I know you couldn't tell me sooner, but thank you for telling me now. And before I go, I do have one question, who is my first target?"

He looked up before turning away and looking out of the window, "it is not yet confirmed," he paused before looking back at me, giving me a small smile, "but i'll be sure to tell you this time."

I nodded in understanding once again before saying goodbye.

******

As tired as I was the other night after talking with Alec, I didn't get any sleep at all. Too many things were going round my head about the training, the hypnosis, the co operation and most importantly, my dad. How could he do this? While I thought he was going on business trips to do with real business, the reality of it is that he was going killing people.

I don't know what to say or think about mum either. She could have saved me from all this if she would have taken me with her, so why didn't she? That is something I must find out.

It's Friday today, meaning that Harry's party is tomorrow night. Today, though, he has asked me to go help him with some preperation for the party. Of course, neither of us are 21 so we can't buy alcohol ourseleves, so, Harry's sister - Gemma - is helping us out and Harry has also asked for everyone to try bring their own alcohol too.

"Harry, do you have any cups?" I asked, pointing to the many stacks of red cups in front of me. He pondered for a second before nodding. We grabbed a huge load of them, there must have been at least 400. I can't even begin to imagine how many people are coming to this party.

"So do your parents know that you're having a party?" I asked as Harry and I walked around the store.

"Yeah. My dad is on a um, a business trip and my mum is visiting family," he replied.

"So your parents are still together?" I asked curiously.

Harry shook his head a little, "No, actually... I only live with my dad, I don't see my mum, she stayed in London." He replied. a.n i know that Harry does see Anne but I'm just changing it around for this so just go with it.

"Oh right, I see," I sighed. "I know how it feels to not see your mom," I assured. Harry just looked at me and smiled a little before picking up a bunch of frozen pizzas and throwing them in my basket as he was carrying all of the cups.

"Is there anything else you need?" I questioned, there isn't a lot you can get for a party. Just some drinks and food and you're all good.

"Ping pong balls," He grinned. I looked at him with confusion but he continued, "for beer pong!" He laughed.

"Oh right, yeah, I knew that," I chuckled and off we went to find some ping pong balls.

******

After paying for our items and coming back to the car, we decided that I would help to set some things up at Harry's house ready for tomorrow. I told Harry that I would prepare the music so luckily enough I had my laptop with me already, as I was going to give it to Harry to keep at his until tomorrow anyway.

About twenty minutes later, we were pulling up to the black gate that barricades his house. Harry rolled down his window before leaning over to a small silver box with a keypad and speaker on it.

He pressed the button to speak, "Yo man, it's H." He said, and then there was a buzz. He typed a code in and the gates slowly opened. We drove slowly up the driveway and pulled up in front of the house.

It still shocks me how big and beautiful looking it is. The driveway is long and has garden lights going up each side of it, all the way to the garages and the front door. At the front door, there are two black metallic flower pots with purple, blue, and white flowers planted inside. The garden is incredible. It's so green and there's a small water fountain in the middle of the grass with yellow, orange and white flowers surrounding it. The last time I was here, I didn't spend any time admiring the beautiful things about the house. And just to think, that this is just the outside of the house makes me wonder what the rest of the house is like.

We walked into the house and my mouth dropped. There were two staircases, going up either side of the wall in fronf of me. The flooring was cream marble, and there were plant pots at the bottom of each staircase which looked very expensive and beautiful - I will remind Harry to move those later.

We walked through a very large room, which was the living room. Even though it was big, it was still somewhat cosy. There were picture frames on a large book shelf which was next to the black marble fireplace. The floor was dark brown wood, and there was a black marble coffee table placed in the middle of some sofas which too, were black with brown and cream pillows placed on each. We then walked into the kitchen, which was also black marble - they seem to like marble, a lot - but had silver handles on each cupbord. The walls were painted a light colour. Harry put the piles of red cups on the unit and made each pile smaller so that they wouldn't fall. He then took the frozen pizzas and put them in the freezer.

"Got your laptop?" He asked, looking at my laptop. How dumb can someone get?

"Oh no," I said. "This is my typewriter," I laughed before placing it on another unit and opening it up. I pressed the button to turn it on and waited a few moments before accessing it.

"What sort of music have you sorted?" Harry asked, walking over to the fridge. He looked back before speaking again, "Want a drink?" He asked before opening the fridge. I shook my head in reply and he got a pepsi for himself before walking back over.

"The 1975, a lot of random dance music that I made and some David Guetta, uhm, some bands that are pretty cool and there's still time to add some so you can do that if you'd like." I smiled and so he did. I wasn't bothered with what music he was adding so I left him to it and sat down on a stool. I decided to flick through Twitter on my phone. I could see Harry glancing at me every now and then, I tried my best to keep my laughter in as he was being anything but subtle.

Ten minutes later, he was done.

"Before we go, could I use your bathroom please?" I asked quietly.

"Sure, don't use the one downstairs as it is being redone. Instead, use the one upstairs which is to your right, then at the bottom of the hallway on your right again." He smiled. I spun on my heel before making my way up the large staircase. I turned right and slowly walked down the hallway, admiring all of the paintings hung up on both walls. I kept walking until I got to the last door and quickly entered. The bathroom was nice, a major contrast with colours compared to the living room and kitchen though.

After I was finished, I walked out and quietly closed the door behind me and began walking back down the hallway.

I was about to go down the staircase but in the corner of my eye I saw a door opened slightly and a lot of blue light coming from inside.

I sighed abd begged myseld repeatedly not to go inside the room but it was as if my feet had a mind of their own and there I was, approaching the room. I opened the door a little more before poking my head inside. There were probably about 12 computers/laptops inside, some on the homescreen, somd with black screens and green codes being listed and some with what looked like something an Analyst would use. I walked in a little more and in the corner of my eye, I saw a file. On top was a picture pinned on top of it.

But not just any picture.

It was a picture of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 102 21
But in the end, everyone turns out to be the person they swore they'd never become.
98.4K 3K 31
This isn't your typical fan fiction.
8.3K 298 33
And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea, that love, and only love, could heal our brokenness. And, boy, your heart is thristy...
4.8K 187 26