Saving Mona

נכתב על ידי That_Choco_Late_Girl

================================ ~~Featured in Wattpad's~~ ================================ ||• @Free... עוד

Chapter 1 🌇
Chapter 2 🍾
Chapter 3 💃
Chapter 4 💀
Chapter 5🌻
Chapter 6 🎬
Chapter 7❓
Chapter 8 ☕️
Chapter 9 🤕
Chapter 10 📱
Chapter 11 😠
Chapter 12 🍝
Chapter 13 👨
Chapter 14 😶
Chapter 15 😞
Chapter 16 🍕(part 1)
Chapter 16 🍕 (Part 2)
Aesthetics and casts
Chapter 17 ⚽
Chapter 18 🎢
Chapter 19 (Part 2)🎼
Chapter 19 (Part 3)🎼
Chapter 20🗡️
Chapter 21 🏥
Chapter 22 🎠
Chapter 23💧
Chapter 24 (Part 1)💅
Chapter 24 (Part two) 👠
Chapter 25 (Part One) 👗
Chapter 25 (Part Two) 💦
Chapter 26 💔
Chapter 27 🤫 (Part 1)
Chapter 27 🌃 (Part 2)
Chapter 28 🧔
Chapter 29 🎄
Chapter 30 🚪
Chapter 31 🍩
Chapter 32 🕶️
Chapter 33 🤪
Chapter 34 🚨
Epilogue 💓

Chapter 19 (Part 1)🎼

99 20 19
נכתב על ידי That_Choco_Late_Girl

Dedicated to BriBaker415. Thanks for giving Saving Mona a chance ❤️

It was Ocean's and River's birthday, and I was on my way to their house for the party Dwayne and Dr. Miah had planned for them.

Choosing their gifts was easy, as it was apparent where their interest laid. For Ocean, I had gotten her a beautiful customized pink necklace that came with a silvery pink tiara, and for River, I had earned him a build-from-the-scratch toy set.

Dwayne had told me about River's newfound love for breaking things apart and building them back.

I parked the car opposite the house as their driveway was filled with visitors' cars. Once again, the vivid color of the greens decorating the exterior of the home struck me.

Knocking twice, the mahogany door opened to reveal a smiling Dwayne. He ushered me in, and scents of homemade food that made my tummy rumble greeted me first. When was the last time I had homemade food?

I quickly cleared my head of the sad thought and focused on the decoration. It wasn't time for my self-pity.

The theme of the party was royalty. Little kids were dressed up in cute ballgowns with tiaras and dashing tuxedos and golden crowns. I spotted Mercedes and Lexus among the children playing with Ocean, and I smiled at the sight.

"Thanks for coming." Dwayne's voice stirred me from my thoughts. I swiveled to look at him and caught him smiling brightly. His dimple was on full display, and suddenly, the memories of the kiss from the fun-fair slammed into my mind. I cursed as I tried to hide my blush from him.

Note to self: Always wear hair down when the chance of seeing Dwayne was high.

I still didn't know where the kiss placed us in. While I was happy that there was no awkward tension among us, courtesy of Dwayne, my mind kept looking for non-existent lines.

Why did he kiss me?

Why did I kiss him back?

Why is he acting like the kiss didn't happen?

Did he regret it? And so on.

I was not delighted with my thoughts. For a girl whose confidence in her looks had been drilled in her to an extent, Dwayne's indifference towards the kiss awakened some deeply buried self-doubts and insecurities I never knew existed. Seeing him smiling at me was like a blow to my pride, my composure, and so I straightened my back and smiled back in the same blinding intensity.

"I couldn't miss it for the world. Besides, Ocean had threatened me with immediate termination of our newly formed friendship if I didn't attend the party or came empty-handed." I explained, my words coated in amusement.

The twins and I had grown closer over the week. I would come to play with them during the weekend, and they would tell me about their day and other things. I enjoyed Ocean's talk about world doll peace and River's on how he disembodied and embodied an object. They had unknowingly replaced alcohol and drugs and were now a way to take my family off my mind.

Dwayne nodded and led me to the table where the guests had laid their gifts. I placed mine carefully and turned to see Layla smiling at me. We chatted for a while, occasionally stopping to get snacks.

It was time for the twins to open their presents. Their smiles grew with each gift that was taken from their wrapper. When it was time to open the gifts I had gotten them, I held my breath. There was no telling if they would love my present, and so far, the other guests' gifts were amazing.

Ocean went first. The pretty pink wrapper I had covered her gift dropped without any thought, and Ocean's eyes bulged. She glanced around until she found me and squealed loudly.

"I love it! I love it! I love it!!" she chanted while hugging me tightly. I chuckled and held her tightly. She was soon joined by her brother.

"How do you know I always wanted that?" River stared at me in wonder and awe. I smiled and leaned in to whisper.

"I read your mind."

Ocean giggled, and River grinned.

"Thank you, Lisa." They both chorused.

River ran back to open his remaining gifts while Ocean remained by my side. She handed me her tiara and wore the one I gave as a gift before running to show her friends. I stared at the silver tiara in my hand. It didn't take a genius to know Ocean had abandoned it.

"Whatever you gave them, I don't think anyone else's gift is going to top that. Thank God, Dad, and I had given them theirs before the party." Dwayne commented, his eyes smiling. I smiled back and continued to watch the twins attack their remaining gifts.

*******

"Thanks for coming. Have a nice trip home." Dwayne smiled as the last guest left. Well, second to the final as I was still in their house.

After the gift opening and cake sharing, everyone had started to leave as the twins were already worn out. I had taken them to their rooms and tucked them in while Dwayne bided the guests goodbye.

When he was done, I was already trying to clean the mess made.

"Leave it. I want to show you something." He took my hand and started pulling me in the direction of the stairs.

"Ohh… someone's eager." I pointed out but followed him nevertheless.

"Hahaha! Shut up." He jested without any heat.

We stopped in front of a white door, and Dwayne opened it, taking me with him. I already knew from a glance that the room was Dwayne's. The walls were painted in white with posters of bands pasted in an orderly manner. A brown desk filled to the brim with books and papers was adjacent to the black sofa by the bed's foot. A beautiful guitar was hung on the wall where the king-sized black ground was connected to.

As we walked on the checkered tiled floor, I marveled at the room's simplicity and the personality it held. It was a wonder how a mere place could contain so many attributes from the owner. Mine was more like a showroom than where I slept and have been staying for years. Who knew Dwayne could keep a room neat and tidy?

Dwayne's room further pointed out our differences to me. Dwayne was full of life, personality, and identity. I had neither of those. You could say I was alive for the sake of existing.

I spotted a book on his bed and moved closer to take a look at it. The title had me stifling a giggle. I held it and showed it to him, eyebrows wiggling.

"I never took you for a Twilight saga fan." I teased.

He snatched the book from my hand, his eyes rolling and went to hide it somewhere else.

"It's actually good." He muttered weakly.

"Cozy," I remarked and went to sit on the sofa. My eyes wandered to the desk, and I caught the sight of a music sheet. I'd seen enough of them to know what they are and how to read them.

"Is this yours?" I asked with one sheet in my hand.

Dwayne looked up from the mess he was cleaning from the table and nodded.

"You just write, or you write and sing."

Another nod but this time, it was done absently.

"Dwayne," I called.

Finally, putting away the mess, he came to my side and took the sheet.

"Calm down, Lisa, I write and sing."

My mouth took an 'O' shaped as I remembered the guitar I had seen. I was internally debating if a facepalm would be better when he spoke.

"Would you like me to sing for you?" he offered sweetly, and before I could swoon, ruined it.

"I know how hard it's for you to keep your hand to yourself right now. You're in the presence of a sweltering guy whom you just found out has the voice of an angel with song-writing talent. I say, Lisa, that I'm a dream come true for you." He smirked, and before I could do anything like strangling him, he jumped off the sofa.

I boiled in anger as Dwayne's laughter occupied the space around me. That arrogant, conceited, cocky, smug bastard. I'm aware I just listed similar qualities, but those were my current choice of words.

He returned with his guitar and was wise to put distance between us.

"My song or a popular song?"

I gnawed on my lips as I mulled over the question. It wouldn't really matter to me which he sang, as long as I heard his voice, but the prospect of him singing his own song to me warmed my heart. Making a decision, I told him my choice.

"Okay," he bobbed his head and set the guitar on his lap.

She was like the moon,
Glowing in beauty, glowing in smile,
But she was hidden.

As much as I hate to admit, Dwayne had every right to brag. His hands played the guitar effortlessly, and his voice… his voice…was beautiful. It was the perfect combination of tenor and soprano. I sat, gaping at him as the lyrics continued to flow out.

She was like a moon,
Took my breath the very first day,
When she smiled at me, and I knew I was lost.

As I watched Dwayne sing, I couldn't help wondering who the song was for or about. He sang it in so much passion, it caused a little pang in my heart. Was she an ex or a crush? I was dying to know.

Ohh, darling, darling, darling
Won't you open up to me,

Ohh, darling darling, darling,
Let me in your heart,

She was like the moon,
A magnet to all things,
But she kept herself so hidden from others,

Yes, she was their moon,
But I'll love to be hers too,
So we'll shine and shine and shine and won't go back,
Won't she be my moon?

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

530 3 29
And there he was. Looking right at me with an astonishment look on his face. His lips parted slightly, his face drained away with no color. His haz...
28.4K 1.3K 31
~"When are you going to do what's best for you Sadie? All you ever do is what's best for Hallie and push your own wants and needs to the bottom of th...
598K 17.5K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
3.6K 493 48
Three best friends An amazing trip That's all it takes for life to be wonderful again. Except there's one question. ....... Three friends. Lily...