Mysterious Discovered Accepted

By balletlove

"The sweetest of smiles hold the darkest of secrets..." * * * The triplets are back! Everyone remembers the... More

Mysterious Discovered Accepted
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
The Greatest Announcement of All Time Part THREE!!!
Cover Contest Part 3
Let's connect for freebies!
Giveaways for all part one!
More Goodies Part Two!
More give aways!!
Even More Free Stuff Just For You!!
Shh it's a secret...
BEST NEWS EVER!!!!
Tomorrow!
Launch Day
BUY THE BOOK!!!
Free stuff!
Thunderclap Campaign

Chapter 7

2K 129 12
By balletlove

MDA: Ch. 7

CLARISSA'S POV

I wake up with a groan and a pounding headache between my eyes. My sheets are drenched in sweat and my stomach feels hollow. My eyes are itchy and throat feels extremely dry. I groan again. I'm sick.

It's hard for a werewolf to get sick, but when we do, it's brutal. Whatever manages to get pass our immune system has got to be something strong.

'Mum?' I croak through the mind link while trying and failing to push myself up into a sitting position. Not even five seconds after I mind linked her, mum bursts into the room, the door slamming against the wall. I wince at the sound and burying myself back into my sweaty covers. Gross.

"Oh, princess! How are you feeling?" Mum asks, walking up to the bed and placing her hand on my head.

"Like hell." I croak back, a cough escaping my throat. Mum sighs and sits down on a chair near my bed. I know she's about to go into what happened last night, so I prepare myself for her words. It's true that mum doesn't get angry most of the time, but I have a feeling that this is a touchy subject.

"Clarissa, you can't go gallivanting around the territory any more. It's dangerous. What you did last night was risky and uncalled for." Mum states firmly, locking her golden eyes on my own. I cough again while nodding my head. I honestly don't have the strength to argue with her right now.

"Clarissa, I'm serious. You can't go putting yourself in danger like that! You are an alpha wolf with royal blood in you! Do you not think that makes you a target?" Mum snaps at me, her eyes wide and eyebrows raised. I sigh and cover my eyes with my hand. There's the anger...

"Mum, I do understand. I'm sorry that I ran, but everything was just piling up and I needed to get away. I won't do it from now on, I promise." I say quietly, not removing my hand from my eyes. I hear mum sigh before her footsteps leaving the room.

I uncover my eyes and peer around. My room's pretty basic. It's got white walls with a few photos of us triplets and mum and dad as well as photos of me with the girls. I have a chair that mum was previously occupying, a desk, a couch and a walk in wardrobe. There's a door that leads to the bathroom, but that's about it. I've never really personalised my room before, never had the desire to.

I slowly get up from the bed, my feet coming into contact with the carpet. I weakly make my way towards the bathroom door. I push it open and make my way to the toilet. What? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 

After finishing with my business, I brush my teeth and get back into bed. I start coughing violently when I lay down, so I rest my back against the headboard and close my eyes. This is going to be a long day.

* * *

UNKNOWN'S POV

Something's wrong. I can feel it. She's not ok. Is she hurt? This is all my fault! If I just didn't join this stupid thing, I wouldn't be in this mess! It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

"Wait, you want me to give her the letter today?" The messenger asks, his eyes widening. I growl at him and stand up, slamming my hands on the desk.

"I'm in a bad mood today. I would suggest you do as you're told." I growl menacingly. The messenger shakily nods his head and bounds out the door like a scared puppy. I sigh and sit back in my chair, running a hand down my face.

What am I going to do?

* * *

CLARISSA'S POV

I'm woken up by a tapping on my window. I lazily rub my eyes and look up. Lionel stands there's with a worried look on his face. I gasp softly. How did he find out where I live? Better yet, how did he get pass all the patrols?

I make my way over to the window as fast as I can, which isn't very fast at all. When I get there, I release a harsh cough, wincing as my throat lurches. I open the window and am instantly engulfed in Lionel's arm. I relax myself into him, smiling at the little shocks that spread throughout my body.

"Oh, Clarissa." Lionel whispers into my hair. "I've missed you."

I sigh contently at his words. What has it been? A day and a bit? I've been craving his touch without even knowing it.

"I've missed you too." I whisper back, closing my eyes and resting a hand on his chest. His bare chest. I gasp and pull myself away, blushing profusely. Lionel looks at me questionably, his eyebrows furrowing. I force my eyes to look anywhere but his chest, but damn is it hard! He must have run here.

"Uh, Lionel? You wouldn't happen to have a shirt you could put on? Would you?" I ask, staring up at the ceiling. Lionel's chuckle sounds through the room. His arms circle around my waist, but I just lean myself further away. Of course he wouldn't have a shirt! He ran here! He probably got those shorts from a tree nearby.

"Now that is a view worth seeing." I hear him mumble. I stare at him confused for a second, until suddenly I realise. I'm only wearing my tank top with no bra. I blush even redder and cross my arms over my chest. Lionel laughs at me again, gripping my arms and using them to pull me closer to him.

"Don't try to hide yourself from me." He whispers, bringing his mouth down to my neck. I hum appreciatively at his action, tilting my head back to allow him more access. I encircle my arms around his neck, happy that we're having a moment after so long of being away from each other.

Of course, a cough has to find its way pass my lips at that exact moment. I start to cough hysterically and painfully. I pull away from Lionel, gripping my throat as I fall to the floor on my hands and knees.

"Holy shit! Clarissa, are you ok?" Lionel's voice curses in my ear. I nod my head even though the coughs keep coming. I hate being sick. I hear my mum's footsteps bounding up the stairs through my hysterics and hurriedly point towards my wardrobe. Lionel quickly gets the message. He shoots me a pained look, but closes the door just as mum opens my bedroom door.

"Clarissa! Princess! Just keep breathing. It's ok, you'll be fine." Mum coos, rubbing my back soothingly. After what feels like forever, my coughs finally die down and I feel drained of my energy.

"Come here, I'll take you to your bed." Mum says quietly, sounding like she's in pain. She wraps one of my arms around her shoulders and wraps her other arm around my waist She supports most of my weight as she carries me back to bed.

"Your father will be here in a few hours. He's worried sick about you, you know?" Mum asks quietly, tucking me in. I smile at her and nod, not really trusting my voice after the fit I just had.

"He's been mind linking me all day. How is she? Is she eating? Has she slept? Has she this? Is she that? It gets very annoying." She grumbles, leaning back in the chair she occupied this morning. I try to chuckle at her words, but it just comes out as another cough.

"He cares about you, sometimes you just push him and he flips out." Mum says quietly after a little while of silence. I look down, suddenly feeling guilty. I don't mean to pressure him.

"You're his little girl, his baby. He doesn't like you being in danger of anything really. Hell, I don't know what he's gonna do when you find your mate." Mum says distractedly.

I tense immediately at the word mate. Lionel being behind the doors of my wardrobe suddenly pops into my mind. My eyes dart to the doors to see them slightly open, but Lionel isn't visible. My tense posture doesn't lease.

"Anyway, I have to go get dinner ready. Try and get some sleep, ok? See you soon." Mum says with a smile before planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

Just as she makes it to the door and is about to walk out, she mutters, "I really need to get some scented spray for this room. It reeks."

I cringe, knowing that the smell is probably Lionel, since he's a rouge and all. Mum closes the door and a few seconds later Lionel emerges from the wardrobe with a smirk on his face.

"Your mum thinks I smell." He states, taking a seat next to me on the bed. I groan and cover my face with my hands. This is so embarrassing. Lionel chuckles, grabbing my hands and kissing my knuckles. My heart flutters at the action, shocks flying from my toes to my nose.

"She's right though, you need sleep. You look like a wreck." Lionel says softly, bringing his hand up to cup my cheek. An airy cough escapes me, but I nod anyway. Lionel looks at me for a moment longer, his eyes flashing with... guilt? What is he guilty about? He didn't make me sick. It was own stupidity that made me sick.

He starts to get off the bed, but I quickly grab his hand and drag him back down to lay next to me.

"Stay." I whisper, the word coming out strangled. Jeez, I really really really hate being sick. Lionel sighs, but gets himself comfortable beside me. I snuggle myself into his side and rest my head on his shoulder, placing a hand on his still very bare chest. The heat from his chest warms my hand, making me gulp down my desire.

As I said, I hate being sick.

¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

Hey! This was a short one, but was the second update for the day! :O I know! Did you like it? I didn't really, but that's just me. I suddenly realised that Lionel had been out of the picture for ages! I need to bring him back!

Please vote, comment and share!

Love ya
Violet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 545 61
More than two decades after Lukas Emerald first met his mate and future Luna, Clementine Reign, came the triplet Alphas: Godric, Griffin, and Gabriel...
17.3K 394 38
DISCLAIMER: Chapter one and two are published privately. I tried but cannot publish the first two chapters. The description below summarizes what hap...
15.5K 362 19
Juliana walked along First Beach, where the pack had their meeting place. But she was for once, the abnormally quiet one of the pack. There was only...
241K 7.1K 22
Book Three Juniper Wren Grace is an Omega in the Silver Moon Pack, cooking, cleaning, and being pushed around by the various pack members. She never...