Pretend Girlfriend [Monsta X...

By FireFlakes25

Sohn Hyunwoo is the CEO of the most famous fashion Magazine in Korea. He was deemed to be one of the most han... More

|><|
πŸ„ΏπŸ…πŸ„ΎπŸ„»πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΆπŸ…„πŸ„΄
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 1
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 2
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 3
NOT AN UPDATE, SORRY
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 5
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 6
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 7
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 8
An Apology
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 9 Pt1
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 9 Pt2
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 10
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 11
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 12
|><|Bonus One Shot: HYUNGHYUK
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 13
|><|
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 14
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 15
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 16
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 17
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 18
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 19
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 20
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 21
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 22
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 23
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 24
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 25
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 26
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 27
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 28
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 29
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 30
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 31
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 32
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 33
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 34
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 35
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 36
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 37
πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 38

πŸ„²πŸ„·πŸ„°πŸ„ΏπŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ… 4

1K 82 29
By FireFlakes25

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

" It's raining again..." Wonho says from the passenger seat as he looked outside. He leans his head on the car's window and sighs.

"It's getting cold nowadays with the rainy season. If only I have someone to cuddle up with" He says, letting out a small pout as he watches the establishments they passed by and listened to the heavy raindrops outside. It wasn't that deep into the night yet but the surroundings are quite darker than the nights prior. The city was oddly a little peaceful and quiet, only countable vehicles passed by them and equally countable people walking around the sidewalk. It indeed odd for a Friday night but Wonho didn't dwell much on it, thinking that the people might be inside their houses because of the heavy rain. Wonho let out another sigh, his mind running with imagination. He wonders what it would be like to have someone waiting for you at home. Someone who text you and bugs you to return home quickly, someone to hug at night and someone to wake up with every morning.

Shownu glanced at him for a second before bringing back his eyes on the road. He gave a small chuckle and shook his head at Wonho. It looks like Wonho lost himself in a daydream again, like always.

He's so used to this side of his bestfriend. He's the hopeless romantic between the two of them. Always open for love, always searching for someone.

Wonho is someone who easily 'falls in love'. It's so easy for him to have someone catch his attention, to gain a crush and all that. Heck! He once had a crush on a man who he saw by the beach where him and Shownu visited for just a day (it was supposed to be just a day). He only saw him once and he liked him so much that he would drag Shownu to the same beach in hopes to see that man again, whoever that was. He never saw him again though, and he was heartbroken for about 2 days before he found a new crush.

If Wonho is his mother's son, all her current problems with Shownu is solved. Despite looking a little shy of certain things, Wonho is actually really out going and an extrovert, he would love to go out, meet new people and have fun. Plus, he can literally fall inlove in just 3 seconds. Well , Shownu always reckons that it was not really love but still. Wonho would love to go on dates. He'll be more open for it than Shownu himself.

Unfortunately though, those crushes and his soulmates never lasted long. There's always something wrong when he likes someone. Wonho would always ends up at Shownu's door crying. It always doesn't work out for him.

The person he likes are sometimes straight, taken or someone he never sees again. If ever it got lucky and turn into a relationship. The person will soon realize that they do like him but they don't love him like that and will choose leave him. There were instances that Wonho had gotten cheated on. And honestly speaking he find it confusing as to why someone would cheat on him. In his most unbiased opinion, Wonho is a freaking catch.

Handsome, Greek-God body, smart, loyal and has the most precious heart of gold.

If Shownu isn't straight, he would have dated Wonho himself.

But then again, maybe he wouldn't since the guy is his best friend and he's basically Shownu's brother. It'll be like incest to them if they dated.

"Why don't you ask that guy you like, whoever that is - on date or something, so you wouldn't feel too lonely" Shownu says jokingly as he stop for the red light, looking at Wonho in the corner of his eyes.

"I... I haven't even have a proper conversation with him yet" Wonho answered shyly, his cheeks heating up a bit as he thought about the guy he likes.

Shownu raised his eyebrows and turn to fully look at Wonho. His eyes a little amused by his answer. "Don't tell me the only time you had contact with him is whenever you order your coffee?" He asked, clearly amused.

Wonho bow his head in shyness, a small smile creeping up his face. As the cute face of a certain barista at the café he frequently went to the past few weeks passed his mind.

" And you kept telling me you guys are destined " Shownu said with a laugh, bringing back his focus on the road as the light turned green.

"We really are!" Wonho said in protest, already aware that Shownu is not taking him seriously. "I swear 'Nu, He's the one" He says, breathing out the last word dreamily.

"I thought the guy from the perfume shop was the one" Shownu said playfully. Reminding Wonho of his other crush just a month ago. The crush who he used to claim was his soulmate.

He heard Wonho huffed beside him. He can see him cross his arms on his peripheral view. "Don't remind me of him"

"What about that guy we met at Mr. Kang's business party? Isn't he also the one?" Shownu continued to annoy Wonho. Turning his head to give him a teasing glance as he raised his eyebrows at his friend. Wonho, clearly annoyed huffed for the second time and turn his head away with a pout on his lips.

" I don't care what you think. But I know to myself that this time.. He's really the one. I feel it"

Shownu laughed at his words as if Wonho told him something really funny. His eyes turned into thin crescents and his shoulder shook. Wonho getting aggravated that Shownu's not taking him seriously, hit him on his shoulder.

"Yah! Quit laughing!.. It's true! He's..... YAH SHOWNU! PERSON! PERSON!"
He wasn't able to finished whatever he was saying as he caught sight of a person crossing the road in the corner of his eyes. He pointed his finger at the front as he frantically informed Shownu.

Shownu, also seeing it stepped in the brakes hard. His heart stop for a small while because of shock and fear.

The car came into an abrupt stop, making him almost slam himself on the car's steering wheel.

Wonho who have his eyes closed slowly open them. Looking in front of them to see nothing. Shownu lifted his head to look as well but he saw nothing.

"Where... Don't tell me you hit him!" Wonho screamed turning to look at Shownu.

"What? ... No, I didn't hit anything" He said. He would know if he did. They would feel the collision if he ever did hit something... Or someone.

Despite the pouring rain, Shownu and Wonho hopped out of the car to inspect if they did hit someone or what they saw was something like a wild shared imagination.

Wonho was the first one to get out as he was a second faster in unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Oh My Gosh! That's a person!" Wonho exclaimed the moment his eyes landed on the unconscious person laying in the middle of the road. The harsh raindrops falling down at his body.

Shownu jump out of the car next, covering his head with his hand as if it would help him protect himself from the pouring rain.

He squinted his eyes to see better. There was indeed a person laying there.

"You hit him! What do we do!?" Wonho screamed in panicked.

"I did not!" Shownu shouted back.
"look! My car is not even near him. He must have fainted" He said in reason.

He was indeed telling the truth. The car was at least 2 or more meters away from the unknown person. If he ever did hit him he would know. Shownu was positive he didn't hit him or anything.

Shownu and Wonho quickly went to where the person was laying. Wonho was once again much quicker than him, the man crouch down to the unconscious man's level and turn him to check on him.

"Yah, isn't he that waiter this morning?" Shownu managed to asked when he saw the person's face. He remembered him. He's that waiter, if he remembered it correctly, his name is Kihyun. He didn't expect to see him again, specially not in this situation.

"He's freezing!" Wonho exclaimed ignoring his comment. Wonho quickly picked him up and carried him, bridal style.

"Man! What are you doing there? Open the door!" Wonho shouted at Shownu . The man was still standing in his place looking a little bit confused.

Shownu snapped back to the real world and quickly went to where Wonho was. He opened the door to the backseat of the car and help Wonho place Kihyun inside. The poor man was still unconscious and was shivering in deep cold. Shownu was sure he's going to be sick at this rate.

Quickly, they both went back to their places. Wonho at the passenger seat and Shownu at the driver's place. He turned up the heater in hopes that it will help Kihyun's freezing situation.

"What do we do?" Wonho asked him.

Shownu started the car and didn't answer him at first. He seems to be thinking of what to do as well. They knew they couldn't leave the guy on his own, it will eat both of their conscience. They try to get information from him, like a driver's license or something but they didn't find anything on him that will help them know where he lives, his phone was soak in rainwater and probably won't ever be opening again. So they don't know where to take him. The best pick was to get him to the hospital but the nearest hospital was not so near to where they currently were. They would have to go all the way back to go there. The nearest place to go to was Shownu's place. He let his eyes drifted up to the rear view mirror to look at Kihyun who was laying on the back seat.

His condition didn't seemed that bad. He just need a warm place and dry clothes. He curiously wonders what happened to him. But he knew he will only find that out when he wakes up.

"Let's take him to my place, then think of something when we get there"

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

"His fever is so high" Shownu heard Wonho said from the bed where Kihyun is currently laying, still unconscious.

It had been three hours since they've arrive Shownu's place and both friends tend to Kihyun the moment they've arrived.
They have kindly changed the smaller into a set of dry clothes and kept him warm with a thick and soft blanket. Shownu let him take the guest room for the night, knowing it will be much more comfortable for him than his couch in the living room.

Shownu had also let Wonho stay as he knew for himself that he would be needing his help. The guy is honestly better in taking care of people more than him. Shownu had no knowledge whatsoever in that area so he let Wonho order him around of what to do in basically everything.

"He might have stayed under the rain for a long time " Shownu commented, walking towards Wonho, with a big bowl of water and cloth that the latter had asked him to get awhile ago.

Wonho didn't gave him a verbal answer, he only had given a simple nod agreeing to his words. The latter gently put the wet cloth over Kihyun's forehead. He fixed his blanket up to the smaller's shoulders and stood up with a smile, satisfied of what he had done.

" we should let him rest" Wonho said turning to Shownu who was standing by the foot of the bed, looking curiously at the sleeping male.
The latter snapped in his thoughts when he heard Wonho talking. He turned to his friend.

He gave Wonho's words a nod. "Kitchen?" He asked Wonho, making his friend let out a cute wonderful smile.

"Yes please! All this work got me so hungry"

Shownu playfully roll his eyes at him with a small smile, already expecting his words. The guy just ate his heart out at his grandfather's place and he's still easily hungry. But Shownu said nothing because truth to be told, he's pretty much hungry himself.

Since Shownu have nothing in his fridge except a single slice of chocolate cake, which he wasn't even aware he has. To wonho's great dismay, the two of them shared the food. Shownu busied himself by making some coffees for the both of them, while Wonho sat by the kitchen counter, talking to Shownu as he eat his own share of that chilled chocolate cake.

"Man, you need to go grocery shopping." Wonho said, before putting a piece of the cake in his mouth.

"You always give leftovers whenever I came by. I've never once eat a warm meal in this house" He continued, giving the cake a judging look. It looks like the cake had been in Shownu's fridge for days, but Wonho still eat it because he was really hungry.

"I don't really have time, and I barely eat here so..." Shownu said ending it with a shrug. He brought both coffees by the counter, sliding one cup on top of it to give it to wonho before sitting down right across from him.

Wonho shook his head at his friend, taking the cup of coffee and bringing it up to his lips.

"Oh, what's this?" Wonho asked when the corner of his eyes catches something. He put the cup down and reached over to it.

It was a USB drive. Shownu saw it and the latter groaned, resting his elbow on top of the counter and burying his head in his palm. Looking like he remembered something a little too burdening.

He raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner. Quietly asking Shownu what it was.

Shownu sighed. In that USB drive was the stupid presentation about women his grandpa had made for him. The old man had insisted for Shownu to take it home with him. Giving Shownu the task of choosing one from the list of women there.

Shownu explained to Wonho what it was. Telling him the reason why his grandfather asked for them to visit the old man's house and not forgetting to put blame on Wonho who encouraged and helped the old man by dragging Shownu there.

To Shownu's annoyance, Wonho find his little story very amusing. The bunny was very entertained by the story, he thought it was very funny to tease Shownu about it.

Getting curious of the list of women listed in the said presentation, he took Shownu's laptop from the man's room and brought to the living room. Shownu, who knew he will not win against the bunny no matter how much he protest just let him be. He followed Wonho in the living room, his cup of coffee in his hand.

He sat on the couch while Wonho settled himself on the floor, the laptop placed on the glass coffee table Shownu has.

It was quiet between them at first only Wonho's small mumbling as he read the profiles of the women were heard. Shownu on the other hand had no longer pay attention to him, he had taken a few files from his study and started doing his own work. He was out the whole day and he put it upon himself that he should finish at least a quarter of his original work for the day before midnight. Which is a very short time.

Wonho let out a whistle, leaning his back on the couch where Shownu was sitting.

"These are a lot of pretty women" He commented, turning to look at Shownu who was sitted on the couch with a paper in hand and his glasses on. "If I'm straight I'll pick at least three" He added with a laugh.

Shownu scoffed at him, setting his now empty cup on the coffee table. "I thought you're all in for true love. Why on earth would you pick three?"

Wonho gave him a shrug and a cute grin. Turning his head back on the laptop as there are still a few women on the list. When he said there's a lot, there's really A LOT. It was at least more than 20 women.

" Hey, do you think I could ask Gran Sohn to make a presentation like this for me? I want it to be about men though" He said, as if he's really considering if he should ask the old man for it. Shownu knew he wasn't serious and just playing around but that doesn't stop him from hitting Wonho's head with the papers he was holding. It wasn't a strong hit, just a friendly one but it still made Wonho groan.

"I'm just joking!" He said. Rubbing his head where Shownu had hit him.

"Why don't you just Choose though?" Wonho asked. He closed the laptop and stood up to sit beside Shownu. "You can choose, go on a date then say you two didn't clicked well with each other."

"You think they'll stop after I did that?" Shownu asked looking so done. "I did that a thousand times remember? It only motivates them to search me another lady. They won't stop until I introduce them a girlfriend or something" He said shaking his head.

Shownu turned back his attention to his files, ignoring Wonho. His friend on the other hand just shook his head as well, sighing and turning to look around the house, deep in thought. Despite him making fun of Shownu about the situation he knew himself that his best friend is having a hard time dealing with it. It's clear that unlike him, Shownu is not ready to find true love and settle down yet. He's a busy man who loves his work. No room for another person just yet.

Suddenly, while he was deep in thought, an idea hit him.

"Hey Shownu! I have an idea!" He exclaimed, almost jumping in his seat and hitting Shownu on the shoulder to gain his attention.

Shownu only grunted at him, not sparing him a single glance. His focus still fully directed to his files. Wonho tapped his shoulder again, trying to gain his attention.

"Why don't you introduce a girlfriend to them, so they would stop?" Wonho continued even though Shownu was obviously trying to ignore him.

"I told you I have no time for dating" Shownu grunted out, feeling a little frustrated and tired. This topic about him having someone has been going on for four years and it's really exhausting him.

"No, you don't get it" Wonho said, pulling Shownu's arm, forcing his friend to give him some attention.

"Not a real girlfriend. Just a pretend one." Wonho says standing up from the couch, with his eyes wide and a huge smile on his face, looking like he just got the most brightest idea of all.
"You said they won't stop bothering you until you introduce someone to them right? Then that's what you do! You let them meet your girlfriend!"

Shownu finally give his attention to Wonho, looking at his friend with a confuse frown painted all over his face.

" Pretend? Like pay someone to act or something? " He asked sounding a little lost.

Wonho nodded eagerly at his words, his large grin still present on his face as he wait for Shownu to stand up on the couch and congratulate him for his wonderful idea.

But that didn't happened, Shownu's frown only grew even deeper, his fingers going up to his chin to unconsciously mess around with his hair at that certain area. He seems to be thinking about it and by the looks of it, he seems to doubt the idea.

"That might bring more trouble though. If I introduce them to a 'girlfriend' then they will pester me about marriage" Shownu says after awhile of thinking.

Wonho's grin (if it was even possible) grew even larger. "Here comes the best part..." He started. Making Shownu focus on him, waiting for whatever it was he was about to say.
"You will pretend to be so 'inlove' with her, then after a few months the two of you will 'break up'. And since you're too 'heartbroken' you will bury yourself in your work, like you always do to 'forget' about the 'pain'. If you're mother or grandpa bring up anything connected to relationships again you can just make the excuse that you're still 'heartbroken' to start another 'relationship' and ask them to give you some space to 'heal' your 'broken heart'. There's a high chance they'll leave you alone after that " Wonho explained, almost jumping in excitement as the more he let out his words, the more he believes how great his idea was.

" Oh My Gosh! I'm such a genius! " Wonho exclaimed as he cheer to himself. Giving himself a pat on the back on how great he is.

Shownu on the other hand was hanging to his every words. It was indeed a nice idea and it has a high chance of success out of it. But it requires good acting skills to make it happen, good acting skills and a trustworthy person. He kinda likes wonho's idea, he wanted to try it. But where will he get someone to act as his girlfriend? Who would be willing? Will someone would accept the offer if he give enough money? He needs someone who's good and to be trusted .

"Where will we get someone to act though?" He voice out his question to Wonho. The latter stopped with his cheering, his face giving that expression that's saying he hadn't thought about that part yet.

"What about one of your employees? Maybe you can ask one of them" Wonho tried.

Shownu gave him a 'are-you-dumb' look. If they're going with wonho's plan they need someone who wasn't inside his company. It'll be hell if they 'break up' and Shownu needs to act all broken and all that. Plus, he didn't want his mother to confront anyone, he's scared that the woman might do that. After all his mother can go all out just for her only son.

Not to mention that most single ladies in his company actually had their eye on him. He's not being cocky about it but he's aware of that fact. He didn't want someone to run after him after everything is said and done.

"I need someone that I can be sure after everything is over, there'll be no strings attached" Shownu said, leaning back on the couch and crossing his arms. His eyesbrows furrowed together as he think. "Someone that my family can never find again after all is said and done."

Wonho gave him a single nod. Agreeing to his words. They do need someone that will disappear completely. Someone that has no chances of falling in love with Shownu and not run after him when everything is over. There's a high chance that a girl might fall in love with his friend while on the act. Wonho saw it happens a lot in dramas. That would be a disaster if it ever happens.

They need someone to be his pretend girlfriend for a few months and then disappear right after.

But who?

Unconsciously, Wonho's eyes traveled around the house. His keen dark chocolate orbs landing on a closed wooden door. The entrance to the guest room. He stared at it, biting his lower lip as he think deeply of other ideas.

Then suddenly, a light bulb lit up inside his head as an idea appeared in his mind. Turning to Shownu, his large boyish grin crawled back to his face as he says...

" 'Nu, guess what. I just had the most brilliant idea of all times "

____________

Heyyyy how's everyone?
Hope you're all safe and doing fine! Always keep yourself healthy! Eat healthy foods and drink lots of water!

Anyways, how's this chapter for you? Please leave down comments so I know what you're thinking! Thank you!

Luvluv,
FireFlakes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 498 27
Y/n is a new student in Seoul, South Korea. She was born and raised in Gwangju, South Korea with her older brother by one year named Chae Hyungwon. H...
800 217 23
"I Ran from my town I've ran from my city Now, I'll run to you Minho " Jisung, a Korean boy who was raised in the states, doesn't feel like he could...
27K 2.2K 35
If you asked Beomgyu if he had loved before, he would have dumbly replied, "what? Love? I have no time for love." Beomgyu was too busy to notice anyt...
1.3K 92 16
*DISCONTINUED* Yoo Kihyun hides a very deep secret he doesn't want to tell anyone, not even His Boyfriend. He distance himself from his Boyfriend slo...