The Captain ( Book 1)

By alyssagrout

Alice Johnson lived in a huge house with her twin and her older brother Erick. Their parents were never aroun... More

chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (part 1)
Chapter 15 (part2)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
A\N

Chapter 22

86 6 0
By alyssagrout

We are both laying  on the couch. Jame's arms are making a barrier around me.  We both  lay there in utter silence. I know we are both thinking the same thing. What's going to happen to us if somebody really did follow me?

"What are we going to do?" I whisper.

"I don't know? We could try to run but I think it's already to late." James whispers

" This can't be the end! I can't lose you! Not after this!" I say while a tear  escapes my eyes and rolls down my cheek.

When James notices he quickly rushes to wipe it away,"we don't even know if someone is out there or not. " 

As if on cue there was  police sirens started  going off which made me jump. I shut my eyes tight before speaking again, "this is it! We are done! I am going to have to go back to living a lie"

You can hear the sirens getting closer and closer. "Don't think about that Alice. I can't tell you everything is going to be fine, but I can tell you that I will get you out of this ! He whispers. He holds me hands even tighter then kisses my head before speaking again," I will protect you. You know that right?" 

"Yes, but what about you? "

He didnt answer. The only sound was the sirens getting closer and closer. I was holding on to his hand so tight that my hand started to go numb. I couldn't even imagine what he was feeling right now. He literally just got me back, well my mind anyways.

This can't be happening. Shouldn't they already be here by now?  What felt like hours turned out to be a couple seconds.

Then, instead of stopping and having police officers come rushing to break down my door, the sirens passed the house. That finally makes me open my eyes. James has his eyes open, he wraps his arms around me even tighter than before. 

Nobody says anything. Just the scent of the rose still in my hair amazingly and the sound of our breathing fill the room.

"We're fine," James says under his breath. He plays with a stand of my brown hair.  I repeat what he said over and over again in my head. We're fine. This causes my whole body to finally relax. I let out a sigh and start to play with his fingers. .

"We should stay here for a couple of minuets to make sure no one is around". He whispers.

I shake my head in agreement.

I don't know how long we were sitting there but it wasn't long enough. Soon  we started to hear footsteps coming towards us.  Once again my whole body tensed up.  James stopped  playing with my hair and put his arm over top of me, preparing me for the worst things that could come. I shut my eyes once again not knowing what to expect.

The room was quite for a couple minutes. The thought actually crossed my mind that it could have been my imagination, but then I remembered that he heard them to.

I was just about to open my eyes when a familiar voice scared me and shut them tighter,"why are you here?!"

I can feel James tighten his arm around me but not saying a word. I open my eyes slowly to find Layla, my maid, closing her eyes tight and holding up a fire poker about ready to swing it.

"Answer me! " Layla says with a tone in her voice that risky l truly scared me.

"Layla its me, Alice," I say softly.

She slowly opens one eye then the next before speaking,"Alice?"

James moves his arms off of me cautiously and letting me sit up. "Yeah it's me Layla. Why don't you just put the fire poker down. " I motion towards the ground.

She starts to lower the fire poker but before she she drops it completely she speaks again," they- they told me you were all taken by them... and then the rumors that you were helping them. I refused to believe it"! My guess is that she finally took in who was right beside me because she raised the fire poker up in the air and yelled,"watch our Alice!"

She swung the fire Poker over her head and  started to swing it at James.  I quickly remembered that his chest couldn't take anything else and that's were she was aiming. Everything went in slow motion from  there.

Without even thinking I leaped onto him covering his chest with mine. There was no time for him to push me off or anything like that. I cover my head with my arms and barrie it into his arms. I know it probably hurt him to have me jump on top of him but it would have hurt more if he got hit with a medal pole.

Waiting for the object to come crashing down on my back I shut my eyes tight. Still nothing came to my back. There was a thump that automatically made me jump. why hadn't I felt any pain?  My question was answered by the tightening of jame's mussels.

How is that possible!  She was aiming right for me and I was covering his whole chest! I open my eyes as fast as I can. I look up at James who's jaw is clenched. I turn myself around and just above my neck there was his hand. In the middle of his hand was the metal bar. He caught it!  How was that even flipping possible?! Layla who still has her eyes closed keeps trying to push the bar down onto his hand, which makes him groan in pain.

"Layla stop! Please!" I plead. 

She opens her eyes and immediately drops the poker. "I'm so sorry...I thought."

James cuts her off,"it's okay. " I think he was saying that more to me than to her.

I grab his hand as quickly as possible and inspect it. It was stolen and it was already a shade is purple.  Dammit! He always has to get hurt doesn't he!  Why can't he be one if those people who never gets hurt? That would be awesome!

"I'll go get some band-aids," Layla says. Yeah because a band-aid will fix this!

"You weren't supposed to do that James, " I whisper.

"Well I wasn't about to let you get hit in the back with a medal pole Alice! You could have gotten paralyzed! You shouldnt have jumped  on top of me like that. That was a really stupid thing to do." He puts a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Well I wasn't about to let you get hit with god damn fire poker!" I say raising my voice. 

He laughs at me."What's so funny, " I say.

"Your so cute when your worried about me". He whispers.

"Well I must look like a freaking goddess right now".

"You always look like a goddess."

My face turns bright red.  I can feal my face getting hot.

"Are you embarrassed now? " He asks me while he kisses my neck. 

"Yes," I whisper.

"Don't be, you know it's true. " He says while still kissing my neck.  It tickles so much! start to laugh. I'm really ticklish. 

"Stop...James....Please!" I say through my laughter.  I throw my head back in laughter.

He doesn't stop until Layla clears her throat. My face grows bright red.  " Well I have the band-aids, but next door there is a huge group of people gathered around. You guys need to go... now."

"What?!" I say. I am completely sitting up now.

"I think they know you guys are here."Layla says.

I look at James who has a worried expression on his face. "How long do you think we have. "He asks.

"I don't know."She says.

"What do we do?" I ask.

James puts his arm around me,"I don't know but we will figure it out".

Hey guys.  I promised you guys a long chapter. I know things are moving kind of fast between Alice and James, but just go with it for now. ;)

I really hoped you liked this chapter. It was really fun to write. Remember if you liked this book check out the one on my group account meg_alyssa_jen_reili.

I don't know the next time I'll be posting but I'll do it as soon as I can. Until then.....bye for now ♡♡♡

Ps. I'm thinking about doing a chapter from Jame's point of view. It's just a thought but I'm starting to look forward to it.... So be prepared.  :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1K 35
*Completed* He stares down into the princess's stormy grey eyes. He smiles at her, though on the inside; he wants to kill her right now and be over i...
67 6 15
Just like her brother she has dyslexia but can read Greek somehow and she can hold her breath underwater for long time and she doesn't speak a lot. T...
2.9M 53.4K 35
{SEQUEL HAS BEEN DELETED}After Kathleen's parents go on a month's long vacation to get away from the bad times at home, Kathleen is shipped off to he...
64 1 10
Leaning forward, their eyes turned to some mixture of every possible emotion, "W-what do you mean? Pearl, you know me. I'm your brother." Pearl laugh...