Dear Diary

DressageGeek tarafından

Sophia is a lonely girl who had been forced to grow up from a young age. She never met her mother, while she... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Author's note

Chapter 87

664 71 3
DressageGeek tarafından

It took a while, but eventually I managed to tell Richard the whole story of how Cole and I got together. I was currently lying down on the bed while Richard sat next to me, staring at nothing in particular. He was quiet though; too quiet.

"Please, say something," I said softly and Richard sighed before looking at me.

"What do you want me to say? That I can't believe my best friend's been lying to me for months on end?"

The look he gave me made me fill with guilt and I shifted uncomfortably. "Well, technically Cole and I have only been dating two weeks," I muttered.

"You know what I mean, Lizzy," Richard warned.

I sighed and raked a hand through my hair. "We just thought it would be best to keep it a secret. Not even Anne knows," I added just to ensure he really didn't feel as though he was the only one left in the dark.

Richard ran a hand down his face. "Your mom's going to flip when she finds out."

My eyes grew wide and I quickly sat up to be on face-level with him. Big mistake. Although I had the injection, the pain was still there and I winced as I wrapped my left arm around my ribs. Richard quickly glanced to my ribs, but I shook my head as I tried to ignore the pain.

"No, they can't find out about this."

Richard frowned. "I don't know how they won't."

"I have an idea," I supplied and he raised an eyebrow at me. I took a deep breath to begin explaining, "We tell them you were taking me home and I needed the bathroom. So we stopped at a fuel station. You waited in the car and when I came out, a guy attacked me thinking I had money. He ran off when he realised I didn't and security came. You then rushed me to the hospital."

I didn't know whether to feel proud of myself for coming up with such a story, or embarrassed because I was getting better at conjuring lies.

Richard's brows furrowed and he crossed his arms. "No."

"What?" I asked as I began to panic.

"Lizzy, you're asking me to lie to your parents. This isn't me telling them you didn't eat the cookie; you've been seriously hurt. What about when the police come? You want me to lie to them too?"

"No! No, we tell them the truth. We're both eighteen so my parents don't need to sit in when they ask questions. But please, you know my mom; she'll never let me near Cole again if she finds out."

"Lizzy, I don't know ..."

I bit my lip before looking back at him. "Richard, remember at the beginning of the year, you asked me to be your fake girlfriend?"

"Yes," he replied slowly, eyeing me.

"Well, you said you owe me one for helping you. I'm calling in that favour now. Please, Richard, I ... want to be with Cole."

Richard shook his head. "But you didn't even want to see him."

I sighed as I looked away. "I didn't want him seeing me like this. He would probably kill Clayton if he saw exactly what he did."

Richard stared at me for a long moment, his brown eyes calculating. "How do you know he feels the same way about you?" he asked in a low voice.

I blinked. "What do you mean? I've just told you everything that's happened between us."

Richard nodded. "Yes, but why did it take him so long to come find you? Are you positive that he isn't in this for ... something else?"

I shook my head. "No, Richard. I don't know why he took so long, but I know that he is not that kind of guy. He really cares about me ... and I love him."

It felt weird, confessing that to someone's ears. I'm so used to being secretive about my feelings now that I'm actually uncomfortable telling someone other than Cole. But Richard had to see that Cole means a lot to me.

Richard stared at me for a long time, his eyes penetrating mine as he tried to piece together my words, trying to find a hint of doubt. But when he didn't see any, he sighed and relaxed his shoulders.

"Okay, I'll help you."

-

It's been five days since Clayton broke my rib and I feel and look like hell. I haven't had a proper night's sleep in days because, although the painkillers help, every single time I move in my sleep, it wakes me. I never even realised I moved so much in my sleep!

So when a lovely Monday afternoon came around, and I was starting to feel a little better, I asked my mom if I could go for a walk. When she first saw me in the hospital, she nearly had a heart attack, and when the police came, it took much convincing to get her to leave the room.

The police had asked if I wanted to press charges, but I declined. I was technically the one who yanked his hair first and I didn't feel like all the court drama. Besides, my mom would definitely find out that I was lying then. The police did say that Cole's sister was pressing charges and asked me to testify as I was a key witness, but I declined that too. The hospitals have cameras; they can see everything that happened.

Anyway, my mom took time off of work to tend to me, and although it's nice being pampered, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with her constant questions and pushes for me to press charges against Clayton. I just needed to get away from it all for a while. My dad had offered for me to go to the workshop with him, but I didn't feel like all that noise.

It took a lot of convincing for my mom to accept that I would be safe going on a walk because I had Dobey with me, and even more to get her not to come with me, but somehow I managed.

Now here I was on a nice sunny afternoon, walking slowly down the road. Dobey trotted happily next to me, enjoying the fresh change of scenery. I'm the only one who exercises him, so he's been cooped up in the house as long as me.

I didn't have a particular destination in mind, but I couldn't say I was surprised when my feet led me to the park where Cole and I would meet up after tutoring.

Cole.

I haven't spoken to him since that day. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been waiting to get a phone call from him. His aunt has my number, he could call, check how I am. But it never came and I found myself starting to think about Richard's words more and more. 

What if I am the only one head over heels and I only think Cole loves me merely because he said it? What if he doesn't actually love me?

I hated the doubtful thoughts that were forming, but the more I stayed in that house, the more time I had to think about it. Another reason I had to get out and clear my head.

I still miss him though, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to see him yet. I still look horrible. My eye's still blue, face still full of cuts and bruises that are only starting to clear, and a very distinct red hand-print encircling my neck; hard proof of what Clayton did. However, the worst was my chest and stomach, but at least that's covered by my shirt.

Dobey tugged on the leash and I began walking, not even realising I had stopped. I allowed Dobey to lead me along the path and it didn't take me long to figure out where he was going. He thought I was going to meet Cole.

As we came closer to that small clearing, my heart started to kick up in my throat. What if Cole's there? I should've thought this through better! But I shook the thoughts from my head. No, we never met up on a Monday anyway. He won't be there.

But as we entered the clearing, my heart stopped and my eyes widened when I saw a familiar figure sitting hunched on the old stone bench. I swallowed and yanked back on Dobey's leash to keep him from running away from me.

Cole hadn't noticed me yet and I wanted to keep it that way.

I turned around quickly to leave, but as I did, I didn't see a twig underfoot and it snapped loudly. I cringed.

"Elizabeth?" came the shocked question of a voice I've missed dearly.

I froze. Dobey tugged at my hand and I let him go, but I didn't turn around as he bounded off behind me to greet Cole.

I looked around, beginning to panic as I heard Cole quickly walk up to me. I pondered over running away, but I knew I couldn't, my ribs were still too sore to run and he would easily catch up to me. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts. 

Never thought I would try to run away from my boyfriend one day.

Within a few strides, I felt Cole stand directly behind me. 

"Can we talk?" he asked softly. 

The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as goose-bumps flooded my body. How I've missed that velvet sound.

I bit my lip and bent my head, allowing my outgrowing bangs to cover my face. I wanted to hear what he had to say, but I was scared of how he might react to my injuries ... or maybe more if he would be impassive towards my injuries. It would mean he didn't care.

Without answering, I turned around and, staring at the ground, I side-stepped him and slowly walked to the stone bench, where I carefully sat down and stared at my lap. I glanced up through my bangs a little shocked when, instead of sitting next to me; Cole knelt down in front of me so that we were on eye level.

He didn't say anything for a moment, just stared at my concealed face. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt tears press at my eyes and I blinked trying to keep them at bay. He hasn't even said nor done anything and I'm already crying!

I saw Cole raise his hand up to my face and instinctively I flinched, my body thinking he would hit me and he paused. I closed my eyes tightly and hunched over, pressing my lips together as a sob threatened to escape. I flinched. I was scared he would hurt me. I didn't want to but I did, and I hated myself for it. My mom suggested therapy, but I didn't think I needed it.

Now, much slower, Cole gently stroked my hair away from my face. I balled my hands into fists, willing myself not to back away from his touch. He won't hurt me. I chanted in my head. It took me a few seconds to find the courage to open my eyes and look at his facial expression.

His eyes were a mixture of sadness and guilt as he took in every bruise and cut. His hand slowly tucked my hair behind my ear as he gradually leaned forward, shocking me slightly by pressing a soft kiss to the bruise on my jaw. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered against my skin, causing chills to run down my spine as I closed my eyes, trying to hold in the tears and savour the feel of his lips on my skin.

And, like how I had to kiss Cole's cheek when I slapped it, he began to press soft, gentle kisses to every one of my injuries, apologizing each time. My resolve to stay away from him evaporated into thin air as I grabbed his face, pressing my lips firmly to his to shut him up. 

In that moment, I realised that he felt incredibly guilty for what I had gone through and it had probably been eating at him for the last five days.

Cole tensed from the sudden contact, but quickly relaxed as he softly pressed his in return. I couldn't help but notice how gentle he was being and it made my chest squeeze in delight.

Without even realising, tears slowly started to leak out of my eyes and down my cheeks to meet our joined lips, causing the slight taste of salt. Cole slowly moved away, looking at me with worry. He cupped my cheeks tenderly and wiped away the tears with the pads of his thumbs.

His eyes held so much tenderness that I felt the tears flow faster and I bit my lip to try and hold them in, but only ended up wincing. Cole frowned as he soothingly trailed his thumb over my bottom lip and I glanced down at it to see blood lightly covering it.

I swallowed thickly and looked down at my lap while I allowed my hands to cup the back of his strong neck. I heard him sigh quietly and lean his forehead against my own. 

"I'm so sorry," he whispered.

We stayed in that position for the longest time, neither of us willing to break the silence, until I felt Cole's hands trail down my arms and to my hips, hooking his fingers underneath my shirt. My breath hitched in my throat at the action and I looked at him startled. He stared back at me with a soft gaze, no hidden intentions behind his eyes, and I hesitated.

From the look he was giving me, I knew what he was requesting, but I also knew that he definitely wouldn't like what he'd see. I sighed, bracing myself for his reaction, and slowly nodded my head.

Cole moved away from me slightly, causing me to hold onto his shoulders, and gently lifted my top, the air biting the sensitive skin as he inched the fabric upwards until just beneath my bra. I saw his eyes widen as he took in the dark purple and black splotches that spanned over my ribs and stomach. The swelling had gone down at least, but I still felt his shoulders turn rigid beneath my hands.

I would've been self-conscious about my not-so-flat stomach, but I knew he wasn't looking at my flaws at the moment. So I stayed quiet and let him analyse the marks closely.

I gasped as Cole suddenly dropped my shirt and wrapped his arms around me before pulling me until I was flush against his chest. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and I heard him inhale deeply, as though the scent of my shower gel calmed him. I slowly wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders and rested my forehead against his right shoulder as he held onto me firmly, but not to the point that it hurt.

"I thought you were just one of the nurses," he muttered into my neck and my eyes opened, not realising I had closed them.

"What?"

Cole nuzzled deeper, almost as though he was ashamed for me to see him. "You were in your school uniform. It's so similar to the nurses' uniforms that I thought you were just some nurse that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had no idea it was you."

My eyes widened as realisation dawned on me. I remember thinking the same thing as I walked into the hospital and noticed how similar the uniforms were. He never saw my face because my back was to the door and I was curled up in a ball. He didn't see that it was me. That's why he never looked at me. I sighed as I felt a weight being lifted off my chest.

Cole inhaled deeply, his face still buried in my neck. "My sister tried to tell me, but I wouldn't let her speak until the doctor had examined her. When she did, I rushed to the emergency room and you weren't there. I thought ... " he trailed off and I hugged him tighter, now realising what he had gone through.

"I thought you didn't care about me," I said softly and his grip on me tightened as he gently pressed his lips to the sensitive red skin on my neck.

"If I had known, I would've gone to you first," he murmured into my neck and trailed his lips ever so slightly over the tender skin.

"I will always go to you first."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

308 4 21
A new boy comes to a new highschool. He is seen as the school's bad boy. Until he meets a girl of his dreams! He soon realizes he is in love her, but...
140 20 20
A teenage romance novel and at the same time something much more. What happens when a new system takes over Sophia's school? When her friend asks for...
115 0 16
Madison's life is perfect, but a random act of violence shatters her world, destroying everything. Broken and afraid, she meets Gavin, a boy who coul...
103 14 14
From I would kill you to I would die for you Sophia lives with her mother, who she hates, in Germany. But what if her cruel mother sends her away to...