Blazing: An Avatar AU

By demonicxchaos

(Y/N)'s life up until now hasn't been easy. I mean high school, am I right? That's never easy. Loaded with cl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
A/N

Chapter Seventy-One

2.6K 110 196
By demonicxchaos

   "So, how are we going to tell them?" I asked Zuko as he dragged me down the stairs. 

   "We'll tell them tomorrow."

   I cocked my head, "Tomorrow?"

   Zuko nodded, "Yeah. I'm inviting everyone over to the palace."

   I shrugged, "Fine by me."

Zuko and I walked into the living room where the movie had just finished. Everyone but Katara looked bored out of their minds. 

   Katara sniffled and shut the TV off, "That was such a beautiful movie."

   "Beautiful?" Toph inquired, "I can't even see and that movie was torture."

   Katara glared at her, "You wouldn't understand, Toph. The visuals were gorgeous. Right, sweetie?" She nudged Aang who was falling asleep. 

   Aang jumped at her touch, "Huh?" He yawned, "What happened?"

Everyone laughed while Katara crossed her arms. 

   I giggled and nudged Katara, "Lighten up, Kat. Not everyone enjoys your weird sappy movies. We still love you though." 

   "You were in your room the whole time, (Y/N)."

   "Shhhh. Technicalities. Anyway," I stretched, "It's getting late. I think everyone should be heading home."

   Mai glanced at Zuko, "Zuko... Can you give me a ride home?"

No, stay away from my boyfriend. 

   Zuko turned his head towards me for a second, then back to Mai, "Uh... I-"

   "I'll give you and Ty Lee a ride," Suki butted in, "Sokka and I just called a Duber. There's plenty of room," Suki turned and smiled at me. 

Suki is my favorite person at the moment.

   "But-" Mai started to say. 

   "Thanks, Suki!" Ty Lee smiled.

Mai sighed in defeat and blew the hair out of her face. 

Everyone left the house, except Toph, Katara, and myself... since we live here. I took a quick shower and got ready for bed.

❊❊❊

I woke up the next morning and did virtually nothing for a few hours. We were all going to Zuko's tonight, but Zuko had asked me to come early. He texted in the group chat saying it was for "Professional Fire Nation reasons" and since I am a "big public influence" he would like to "discuss things with me". Now, I'm almost 100% sure that was a cover-up. I got dressed and walked downstairs. 

"Yo, Kat!" I grabbed my keys and slipped into my sneakers, "I'm going to Zuko's. You'll get a ride from Aang, right?"

"Yeah! Have fun," Katara yelled from the living room.

"Thanks!" I yelled back, exiting the house. 

I got in my car and played music. I liked driving alone. Don't get me wrong, I love driving with my friends too, but something about driving alone is just... I don't know how to explain it. The sun was out and I had music blasting at full volume. The way to the palace was engraved into my muscle memory, so I barely had to think about the directions. It was blissful. 

I approached the gates to the palace and turned my music down.

"Can I see an ID?" A palace guard asked me.

I didn't think he could see me through my window. I pressed a button, and the windows slid down.

"Sorry, I didn't bring any ID with me today."

"I can't let you into the Palace without a," he looked up to see me and his eyes widened, "Oh my god. I'm so sorry Miss (Y/N). I'll let you in immediately."

"Don't worry about it. It's good that security is careful around here. I commend you for doing your job," I smiled. 

The Guard pressed a button and the gates opened. I thanked him and drove into the main area of the Palace. I parked my car in its usual spot and walked to the doors of the palace. There was another guard there. He saw me and nodded, opening the doors for me. I walked into the palace and looked around. This place brought back so many memories. Everything looked the same here. I greeted a few servants, who looked surprised to see me. I walked to my old room. I wonder if Zuko had changed anything. There were plenty of rooms here, and I know that Ozai never altered my room, but after Zuko and I broke up, he might have. I walked down the hallway and eventually came to a familiar red door. I turned the gold doorknob and pushed the door open. 

Nothing had changed. 

I smiled. 

My mirror was sitting on top of a drawer like it always was. I had written all over it in permanent marker, which was still there. I walked over to the closet and opened it. I had some of my old clothes still inside. Of course, I hadn't touched those since I was 15. I closed the closet and walked over to my dresser. There were pictures on my drawer. Some of Zuko and I, one of my mom and I, and one of Ozai, Azula, Zuko, and I. No one looked happy in that picture. I glanced at my old shelf. My movies were still there. I picked up Kimi No Na Wa. I watched this with Zuko. I put the movie back on the shelf, and I walked over to my bed. The sheets were clean, but they were the same sheets I always had. I guess my room was still in the rotation for the maids. I laid down on my old bed and looked up at the ceiling. 

   "I thought I'd find you here."

I sat up to see Zuko in the doorway. He had a cup of bubble tea in one hand, and he was holding a bag in the other. He walked over and sat down next to me, handing me the bubble tea. 

   I smiled and took it from him, "Thanks."

   "No problem."

   I looked around the room, "Nothing has changed here."

   "Everything's changed here."

   I shook my head, "The TV is in the same spot, the mirror still has all my writing on it, there are the pictures I put up even the sheets are the same."

"No. It's different. Most of your clothes are gone. Your jewelry too. And," Zuko looked away, "It doesn't smell like you anymore. It used to smell like you in here because it's where you spent your time. But, you don't live in this room anymore. It's hauntingly empty," Zuko dropped the bag he was holding onto the floor and laid back onto the bed, shutting his eyes, "It doesn't smell like you anymore."

I sipped the bubble tea and set it down on the nightstand. 

   I hovered over Zuko, "I'm sorry."

   Zuko opened his eyes and looked up at me, "I love you."

   "I love you too."

Zuko sat up. I placed my hands on his shoulders. He was tense, and his expression was slightly troubled. Something was bothering him. 

   "What happened?" I asked him. 

   "What makes you think something happened?"

   "Come on, Zuko. I spent everyday with you for years. I know you."

Zuko chuckled and ran his hands through his hair, "It's my mother."

   "Your mom...?"

   "I talked to my father. I wanted to know what happened to her, but he refuses to talk to me. He'll only talk to Azula. And... Azula's..."

   "Crazy?"

   "Yeah. But, I want to- I need to know what happened to my mother. I need closure. She just... disappeared."

   "Then, let Azula talk to Ozai. The hospital keeps her in a straight jacket, and Ozai is powerless. Not to mention, in a cell. Do what you need to do, Zuko. I'll go with you. Whatever you need, love."

   Zuko rest his head on my shoulder, "Thank you."

I played with his hair, and Zuko adjusted his position so he was laying down on my lap. I stroked his hair and we sat in silence for a bit. 

   Zuko shifted and got up. He faced me, looking straight into my eyes, "We're telling them today."

   I laughed, "Yes. We will."

"Great," Zuko smiled and reached over the side of the bed, picking up the bag he had dropped on the floor earlier. He handed it to me, "Wear this."

   I grabbed the bag and started to open it, "What is-"

   Zuko reached forward and prevented me from opening the bag, "No peaking until you put it on! Go," he gestured towards my old bathroom, "Put it on."

   I laughed, "You have some strange requests, Fire Lord Zuko." 

   He grinned, "You know it."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. I took the bag into my old bathroom and shut the door, locking it. The bathroom was clean. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had changed in the last few years. I was slighty taller, my features were more defined. I mean, I was older. I sighed and reached into the bag. Inside was a slightly oversized red shirt. Why would he want me to wear this? I took the shirt out completely and unfolded it. I turned it around to look at the front, and my jaw dropped. In the middle of the shirt was a pink box. The phrase "MY BOYFRIEND IS THE FIRE LORD" was plastered on the shirt. 

   "Zuko!" I yelled through the door, "I am not putting this on!"

   "Put it on! If you don't... I'll finish your boba!"

   "You wouldn't dare."

   "Try me."

"Ugh! Fine!" I took off my shirt and put on the shirt Zuko had gotten me. I looked at myself in the mirror, and couldn't help but laugh a little bit. Leave it to Zuko to get me a shirt like this. I unlocked the bathroom door and stepped outside.

Zuko looked at me, snickering. 

   I looked at him and stuck up my middle finger, lighting a flame on it, "You're such a dork."

   Zuko laughed, "You look amazing."

I put my finger down, extinguishing the flame, "You are so lucky I love you."

   "I know. But," he grinned, "This is the best way to tell them, right?"

   "Or... we could just... tell them."

   "We are. With the shirt!"

   "I- Okay, Zuko."

Zuko's phone buzzed and he picked it up. He looked at his phone for a second, and then up at me, "Come on. They're here. I had the guards escort them to the throne room."

   "What if the servants see?"

   "My servants are on a contract. If they spill any information that occurs in this Palace, without permission they are fired and have to pay a fine. We take privacy seriously around here."

   I shrugged, "Fair enough."

Zuko grabbed my hand and we ran down to the throne room. We opened the doors, and Team Avatar (Toph, Katara, Sokka, Aang, and Suki) turned their heads to face us. 

   "Hey, guys!" Sokka said, "I was just talking about how my boomerang-" He glanced at my shirt,  "(Y/N). Your shirt."

My face turned red, and Zuko grinned. 

   Katara glanced at me and raised an eyebrow, "As if it wasn't obvious."

   Suki laughed, "I mean, I already knew, but still."

   Katara looked at Suki, "She told you, and not me?"

   "Well, I kinda... caught her, so she didn't even mean to tell me," Suki replied. 

Katara nodded. 

Sokka looked at Zuko, then back at me, then at Zuko, then back at me again. It was starting to hurt my head. 

   Aang bowed to us, "Sifu Hotman and Sifu FireIcewoman," he nodded, "We saw this coming."

I laughed at Aang's old nicknames for us. Last I checked, it was my contact name in his phone. I think Zuko's was "Lord Fieriness". 

   Katara clapped her hands together, "Well, I'm happy for you guys. And... it was about time."

   Toph blinked, "I'm confused. What's on (Y/N)'s shirt?" She waved her hand in front of her eyes, "I'm blind, remember?"

Everyone laughed. 

Just like old times. 

(A/N): Anyway, I was bored so I drew myself as (Y/N). I'm not an artist, so don't make fun of me...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.6K 82
A girl is born in the Fire Nation with the ability to bend three elements and a strong spiritual connection. It's me, Y/N. I was meant to be used as...
835K 27K 56
A Zuko X Reader story. As always, I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N was an air bender, she was tasked with watch...
22K 753 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...
98.3K 2.3K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...