The Merchant of the Black Mar...

By jdoggy

When a local Italian antiques dealer is found dead in the Mediterranean Sea, thousands of famous paintings an... More

Author's Note and cast
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9:
Chapter 11: The Knight from the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Chapter 12: The new chief of the CIA
Chapter 13: The GrandMaster of Knights of Malta
Chapter 15 : The wild one
Chapter 16 :The Operatives
Chapter 17: One Rough lady
Chapter 18: The resident Knight of Fort St Angelo
Chapter 19:Goning Rogue
Chapter 20:Got it in you
Chapter 21 : Storm Rising
Chapter 22 : Out of the darkness
Chapter 23: Dirty wars and spies
Chapter 24:Appear where not your expected
Chapter 25: Repair for war unless it was intentional
Chapter 26:The search for the chapel
Chapter 27: The Traitor within the Entity
Chapter 28: All good things come to wait
Chapter 29:The exchange
Chapter 30:The Trap
Chapter 31:Live to rise
Chapter 32: There maybe traitors and lairs we call them assets
Chapter 33: I grew accustomed to walking the knife-edge
Chapter 34: Sperate ways
Chapter 35: The blackness of a storm
Chapter 36:The Truth about Leslie Alexis
Chapter 37:The savage sister
Chapter 38:Written in the stars
Chapter 39 : Raging fire
Chapter 40: There aren't enough, some spies have to invent them
Chapter 42: Set it off
Chapter 43:The private collectors
Chapter 44: Unfinished buisness
Chapter 45: The Lighting of the storm
Chapter 46: The White Nights Private collector
Chapter 47: Legendary Daughter
Chapter 49: The bullet meant for Vito
Chapter 50: The Auctioner
Chapter 51:Uncovering the traitor
Chapter 52: Private Auction
Chapter 53: Shadow of Rogue
Chapter 54: Walking through the fire
Interview with the characters
Separate fact from Fiction
MY achivements and awards

Chapter 48: The cleaner and spy

20 4 7
By jdoggy

Malta

Leslie pov

Leslie walked across the terminal in the Malta International Airport quickly blending into a crowd of people sauntering over to the escalator. In way she happy that she didn't have to worry about being the GrandMaster of the Knights of Malta.

She knew she had made the right decision after all, it was about the letter and the map. Although her father had been  Knight she was just a cleaner.

Noticing the lineup to the customs booth, was a little long then usual oh she thought she was in hurry. All that mattered to her now was finding out who had eliminated the Raptor, and then helping the CIA bring down Kenton and his black market. After a while she made her way over to the customs booth, the customs officer gestured to her to hand over her passport. She so did.

The customs officer flipped opened the passport, looking at her, and then at screen on the computer. Everything look okayso he handed her back the passport,Leslie grabbed it walking into the main part of the Airport that was lined with gift shops and restaurants along the way to the car rental counter.

The rental clerk was busy helping costumers, find the keys to the vehicles they wanted to tend to. The line began as people started to walk up to the customs booth. She never understood what her father did for the Order until GrandMaster Milano had explained it her.

She ventured over to the rental counter, as the clerk finished helping customers find the keys; then he looked up and saw her, and nodded at her. Leslie wanted to get back in the cleaning business as soon as possible; plus she was sure that any assassin would want to hire her a cleaner after she worked for the Raptor.

"How I can help you Miss?" the clerk asked.

"Yes you can I would like to rent of your vehicles?" Leslie remarked.

"What kind of vehicle would you like Miss?"The clerk questioned.

"Ford Edge," Leslie said.

The clerk walked over to a door that lead into back where the rack of keys was. He grabbed the doorknob, turning it as he opened it walking into grabbing one of the keys from the rack, strolling back out to the counter. He handed the keys over to her. Leslie grabbed it rushing out the through the front doors of the Airport, and ventured over into the rental parking lot where the black Ford Edge was parked.

She inserted the key, as she unlocked the door, climbing in on the driver side of the vehicle, and closed the door behind her. Backing out of the parking lot,glancing back into the rearview window she drove out heading onto the road, and then onto the coastal highway.

Knowing enough about the black market, and how it operated she knew enough how dangerous it was and what could happen which made worry that Kenton might have stepped up securityfor it this time. Leslie drove down the streets passing by buildings, and stores before turning into a neighbourhood. She looked out the window seeing that there was anyone walking around.

Leslie turned corner, as she drove down a couple of blocks looking for the safe house, she had no idea where it was; so she did next best thing, she reached into her pocket pulling out her burner,and entered a ten digit number for Director Hamilton.

Director Hamilton picked up the phone on her desk before she spoke,looking at the screen she saw that it was unknown number it to be Leslie, she wondered if she was back in Malta. She  was getting pressure from President Roberts to bring down the black market.

"Madame Director I need to know where their safe house?" Leslie asked.

"Leslie, the Safe house should be done the street around the corner," Director Hamilton stated.

"Got it" Leslie remarked.

Leslie ended the conversation on her burner as she put burner back into her pocket driving up to the sidewalk outside of the

Safehouse; and parked outside on the curb. Grabbing the door shes stepped out, closing the door behind her. Strolling up the sidewalk to the entrance. She had no idea what the code was?

So she did decided knock on the door while surveying the neighbourhood. She waited a while to see if anyone would come, then she heard some footstep approaching from inside. Three minutes the opened and there stood Lex in the entrance.

"Leslie, we need your help your bring down the black market and Kenton," I said.

"Lex, that's why I am here I know about the black market," Leslie remarked.

Leslie strolled into the front entrance into spacious corridor where she saw Nicky and Olreana in the den. She sauntered into the den looking around to see how it was set up, seeing that there was weapons vault; the one thing she knew was every safe house had to have weapons vault that was standard for agents.

After closing the door I ventured into the den saying" leslie we want to recruit as an asset for us, what you tell us about the black market, and how the security is set up there?"

"Lex , the black market changes locations, all the time that way the collectors don't know the exact locations. And the security is usually armed mercenaries hired by Kenton that could arrange from Russian mafia to snipers. I get a call on my burner from Kenton hiring me as cleaner for one of the assassins who is on the security team there." Leslie explained to them.

"How do these collectors get to the black market. Are they flown in on private GulfStream or a helicopter?" Nicky asked.

"From what I know Kenton has them flown on his private GulfStream, and then they are driven to the location of the black market," Leslie said.

"But how are we going to penetrate the black marker, if the security is so tight there?" Olreana questioned.

"We'll be using the covers we used in Monte Carlo, as Private collectors from a museum in London. Me and Leslie will pose as private collectors,while you and Orleana infiltrate the grounds," I said

"Do we know the extract location of the black market and how are we going to get there?" Nicky questioned.

"I might able to get the extract location of it, the only question will be can Kenton trust me," Leslie said in serious tone.

"We'll use on one of CIA GulfStreams to fly in to wherever their runway is that Kenton flies his private collector in on," I remarked.

"Lex, Kenton will armed security with MP5 submachine guns out on the private runway I guarantee you. He's not goingto take any chance with whatever selling to his collectors,"Leslie told me.

Leslie reached into your pocket ,pulling out her burner. After that she entered a digit number that she had memorized, when she was a cleaner for the black market. She held the burner up to ear.

Victor's Pov:

Victor reached into his pocket inside his suit taking out his Samsung Galaxy, see that it was unknown that his unknown number he decided to click the accept button on his phone before he spoke.

"Hello Victor, It's been a long time since we talked. I want back in on the black market as your cleaner. I want eleven thousand dollars wired into my offshore bank account in Rome,"Leslie said.

"Leslie Alexis, I thought you were working for the Raptor as a cleaner. And now you back into the black market and work for me as an cleaner. My private Gulfstream is already on the way to secure location it. I don't know how your going to get there," Victor asked.

"Victor, I will be flying with two private collectors from London on their Gulfstream. All I need is the location of the private runway so they would where to land," Leslie said.

"I didn't see any collectors on my list from London. But that doesn't matter as long they lots of money to spend at my auction. The money will be wired into your offshore bank account" Victor replied.

"Oh yes they do Victor, billions," Leslie said.

There was slight pause and hesitation before Victor spoke again. Leslie figured that Victor was deciding to what to tellher or not tell to her.

"Toulan, France I will have my chief of security meet you there and then you and your collectors will be driven to the auction site,see you there Leslie," Victor remarked.

Leslie ended the conversation on her burner, as she nodded at me, Nicky and Olreana that we good to go now. We strolled out of the den, walking over to the front door of the safe house. As I grabbed the doorknob, opening the door as we strolled out and down the sidewalk onto the driveway where the Defender was park. 

Orleana reached into her pocket, and tossed me the keys. I unlocked the doors on the Defender as we climbed in, and closed the door behind us. We backed up and drove through the neighbourhood.

Driving down the coastal highway; We all knew how important this op was and what was at stake. If those paintings and relics got sold to the private collectors, all the money would go to finance terrorism, and that wasn't good at all. We pulled into the parking outside Malta International Airport stepped out as we closed the door. Sprinting across the street as cars and trucks sped by us. We made our way over to the security gate, and rushed through it over to the hangar whereThe CIA GulfStream was waiting for us.

Leslie looked around at the hangar, and then at the Gulfstream wondering if she was doing right. She left the black market as a cleaner after one of the assassins had tried to kill her when she had found out where all the money to terrorism. She wasn't pleased about that.

We ventured up the staircase onto the Gulfstream walking down the aisle over to our seats,and sat down. There was no doubt in mind that once we penetrated the so c-called black market there would be gunfire erupting bullets flying int the air. But we ready for anything.  Heck we have even survived worst when were almost killed by the White Nights.

The Gulfstream roared out of the hangar spending down the the tarmac in the sky on it's way to Tulan, France. Leslie reached behind her jacket and pulled out her Colt 1911 as she the magazine into it.

1766  words in chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

655 87 18
- A young girl is set to marry a man of status and repute but ends up in the clutches of his enemies with no means of escape.
97 0 28
A MEETING ON A VACATION Gabriel Kovacs was so tired that he decided to go on a vacation with his beloved cousin to Sicily. He did not know what compe...
155 15 9
[ONGOING] Stefano Fernadez - an irresistible, powerful heir. Bianca Russi - a gorgeous but dangerous heiress. But they're no usual nobility. No, wher...
73.6K 930 36
In a corrupted world, whom can you trust? The family and the business is shrinking under the strain of the fast growing Korean's, along with pressure...