HEARTS DON'T FEEL THE SAME (Z...

By zarry_heart_jade

"A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.." But what if a couple... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25 - I
25 - II
FINALE
ANNOUNCEMENT!

7

1.7K 118 180
By zarry_heart_jade

Zayn:

It's been more than a week since I started working in S&S, as the Junior Designer, with all the newbies under me. Though I was a fresher just like the others, the board of directors loved my work and decided to make me their lead.

I've made friends with all of them, which was weird even to myself but I didn't want to come across as some  authority. I wanted them to feel at ease with me and come to me when they need assistance.

My job basically was to divide the designing duties between my peers as per the requirement and description of our Design head, Ms. Kendall. I was directly under the command of her and the dixkhead of a boss. I hated to even talk to him for more than two seconds but I had to do it.

The incident with his sister was literally entertaining to watch. I felt so satisfied and happy to witness how she fired bullets at him. But sadly, not literally. She's still under the impression that I'm that jerk's husband and I didn't care how he's gonna be out of the mess.

The past week was literally a hell, as I was piled up with a lot of work with very little time to complete it. I tried to talk to him and explain that making new, artistically inspired designs takes a bit more time but he was stubborn on his point. I knew he was doing it deliberately and hence, we may or may not have had a few verbal arguments - which included lots of name calling. I understood that it was against the work ethics and he was my boss but I just couldn't stand him. We can't go more than five minutes before wanting to throw insults or punch each other. To be very honest, I don't regret it. He was worth every name I've called him.

"Hey, Zayn. Do you remember you have meeting with the boss in less than an hour, yeah?", Anthony asked me, as we all took our seats around a table to gather the last minute details that were to be discussed in the meeting. I just nodded in reply.

"Yeah, I just needed to go over the topics with y'all one last time", I said.

"Don't forget to discuss the medieval art themed designs for the next month's runway show. We can really do so much with that genre", Clara said excitedly as I took a notepad and noted it down, so that I wouldn't forget it.

"Yes. It's really a great thought and we can literally play around with those designs", I agreed.

"Get his consent, mate. We need it so desperately. You have the samples file, yeah?", Jax questioned patting my shoulder.

"Oh fuck. I don't remember where I kept it yesterday", I mumbled getting up from my chair, moving around frantically searching for the file. Everyone joined me in the search party and we were running around like worried chickens without heads.

"Are you sure you didn't leave it at home?", Gary hollered all the way from the other side if the room.

"He doesn't take office files to home, Gurney", Jax teased her while searching the cabinets.

"I don't even understand why the boss appointed you as the lead. You're just too irresponsible", Blair spoke up. She was always the jealous one since the first day because I got the lead position and she had to work under me.

"Because no one want an arrogant woman to be the leader, yeah", Anthony replied and I knew he would be rolling his eyes.

It's been more than thirty minutes and we have searched every nook and cranny of the office but we couldn't find the file.

"How can I be so irresponsible? I remember I left the file in the office yesterday since we have the meeting today", I face-palmed myself and looked at the clock to see it was ten minutes past eleven, which meant I was already ten minutes late to the meeting.

"Zayn, lad. I found this in my office. Is this your file?", Louis walked in with the green colour file, making me smile widely at him.

"Oh God. Thank you so much,  bro. You don't know what you've done for me", I hugged him tightly, placing a kiss on his cheek. "I'll treat you and your boyfriend this weekend", I mumbled in his ear, before I ran out of the huge cabin, making my way towards the elevator.

I punched the floor number without patience and waited till the doors closed, before it started ascending the three floors. I walked out of the elevator as the doors opened when Janet called my name.

"You're fifteen minutes late, Zayn and he's not in a good mood. All the best. You need it", she informed me as I smiled at her, walking towards the cabin and knocking slightly.

"Come in", came a curt reply as I sighed heavily, opening the door.

"Good morning, Mr Styles", I wished politely, as he looked at the desk clock beside him before looking up at me.

"Give me your watch", He ordered with a blank look.

"Huh? Why?", I questioned with confusion.

"Because I'm your boss and I demanded something", he replied with an angry tone. I obliged because this time I was really in the wrong.

"Here", I said as I removed it before giving it to him. He looked at it for a few seconds before lifting his head.

"It says 11.47 on your watch too. It's the right time and here I thought something was wrong with it. Must be your eyes then. Do you need an eye check-up? Should I arrange it here?", he questioned glaring at me. I sighed, rolling my eyes at him. "Don't you roll your eyes at me, you shxthead", he gritted his teeth.

"I apologize, sir. Jerk", I said, mumbling the last word to myself. He got up from his seat and walked towards the black couch that was on the other side of the office.

"Sit down", he ordered as he took his place. I joined him on the couch, placing the file and notepad on the table in front of us.

We sat in silence without talking, as I went through the pointers on my notepad  that needed to be discussed. I skimmed through the page taking a mental note of all the topics.

"Are you gonna start speaking, Mr Malik? I think you want to spend more time with me. That's why you're delaying it", he smirked as he spoke disrupting the silence. I sighed defeatedly before meeting his gaze.

"Look, I think we should stop fighting like ancestral enemies. Though it's true that I can't stand your presence, it's my job to atleast try to respect you. Keyword, atleast try. So, it's better you cooperate with me, to get some respect in return", I said in a calm, low voice.

"Wow. So, you're gonna try to respect me and for that I should cooperate with you", he repeated sarcastically. "What righteous deed did I do in my past life to deserve this?", He faked a smile.

"You're not worthy of even an ounce of respect, you dixkhead", I gritted my teeth, before shaking my head. "It's better to start off with the meeting than to listen to your horrendous voice", I said as we discussed everything for the next one hour which surprisingly went without a hitch.

"Actually, my team came up on the idea of bringing Medieval art styles into the runway show next month. We took it to Ms Jenner's attention and she too agreed it would be a good choice and asked me to discuss it with you", I raised the topic when he narrowed his eyebrows, probably thinking about the suggestion.

"I don't think that would be a great idea. The medieval art was kinda too old for a fashion show, in my opinion. It's best if we do some futuristic designs. People will be more interested in that than a history class", he answered after a while, proving that the arrogant asshole was still present.

"Many other fashion companies are going to bring futuristic designs. Why not we do something different?", I countered him.

"Exactly the point. Many will bring futuristic designs, so people would be more into that kind of theme rather than centuries old art  without a proper technique and eye for design", he said as I understood he really didn't know the medieval art.

"You probably don't know what medieval art is. I'll explain it to you and then you can take a look at the design samples we made and decide later?", I proposed as he looked at me for a few seconds before nodding his head.

"So, medieval art started from the middle age Roman empire as it spread across the Europe. It took inspirations across the continent and changed the form as it spread from one part to the other. The major characteristics were - elaborate patterns and designs, religious prospects, designs with gems and metals, bright and vibrant colours and stylised figures. There were also different classifications like Romanesque, Byzantine, insular, migration period and Gothic art. We can choose Romanesque, Byzantine and Gothic styles as they're a good choice to combine into fashion too. They could serve as an example that we have a great knowledge and also appreciation for old culture and history. This could be a positive point for our company as we didn't follow the usual and thought of something unique with a set theme", I explained as he listened intently.

"You have quite a bit of brain in your head I believe. For the very first time since we met, you've spoken something informative", he said making me roll my eyes for the nth time.

"Styles, I'm trying hard to give you the respect but you're really pissing me off with your bitxhy comments", I growled before placing the file before him. "These are some designs we created. Just take a look and let us know if we can go ahead", I spoke up.

He looked at the designs for some time; looking at the elaborate and intricate designs which were the huge points characteristic to the medieval times. He was looking at them with so much concentration, his eyebrows pulled together, as his lips formed a pout.

"His lush, plump, pink lips", my mind replayed the kiss we shared a week ago. Though it was out of anger, I just couldn't forget the way they felt. I wasn't attracted to him but his lips pulled me into him. "Maybe you're lips-sexual?", my mind replied as I cringed at the weird thought.

"Staring is rude. By the way I'm your boss", he spoke suddenly in his sickly voice making my anger bubble up.

"There's nothing aesthetically pleasing to even look at", I retorted as his face fell for a split second before his jaw clenched.

"Yeah. You wouldn't understand it. Why do I even expect something good out of your trashcan nouth?", he questioned nonchalantly, making me furious.

"Because there's nothing to praise about. You aren't even worth looking twice. Just some greasy hair and jade green eyes. Nothing too unique. I'd probably say too plain", I smirked as he looked pissed.

"You're a scumbag, who looks like someone straight out of a trash bin. So you don't even have the right to talk about me. I don't know how you even look at yourself in the mirror", he made a disgusted face as it actually hit a nerve.

"You know what? You'll always be an asshole. How did I even expect something good from a rich, spoilt, arrogant dixkhead like you? You show off like you're an angel descended directly from the heaven. But, I know, you're nothing but a narcissistic, selfconceited, dumb-headed fuxker who doesn't deserve respect", I yelled at him, standing before him. His eyebrow twitched in anger, as he stood up, looking directly into my eyes before he spoke.

"Lower your voice. This is not your slum where anyone can come and scream like a maniac. This is my office, my building where professionals work. Do you think this is a fish market to go about yelling at everyone?", He snarled as his eyes turned red with anger. "You don't even deserve a job at such an esteemed company. Your bookstore was probably your best choice. Such a mannerless brute you are. You dropped out from your university too. Why? Did you not have a brain to understand what they taught? I can see it", he spat, as I felt tears brimming in my eyes as I was reminded of the reason I left my college. I closed my eyes for some time as I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing my tears. I reopened them and gritted my teeth as I felt my anger raising.

"Don't talk about something you don't know. You don't even know me. Don't make me say something I won't even regret about later. You're really testing my patience since the day I joined. You're just repeatedly proving what a pretentious, selfish and stuckup dipshxt you are", I attacked as I couldn't control my emotions.

"You tell me not to talk about something I don't know but you take the liberty to talk about me, as though we're long lost friends. Wait a minute. I don't want to degrade myself calling you my friend", he looked at me like I'm some untouchable, with a repulsive look on his face. "Let me guess. You probably were the university sl*t and your college management expelled you to clean the filth? I could be right. Yeah", he said looking at me with a hate-filled, judgemental and cold glance which triggered me, causing me to lose the last drop of patience I had. The words cut deep like knives.

I slapped his left cheek as hard as I could, as the sound echoed the huge, wide, silent cabin while his eyes fumed with anger. Mine weren't any different. His cheek reddened as a bruise started to form immediately. He shouldn't have said that. I haven't hated anyone in my life, as much as I hate him.

"You will always be a bastard. An arrogant, stuckup, cold-hearted, inhumane douchebag. The pain on your cheek will eventually go away but remember, the words you just said can't ever be taken back nor forgotten. You aren't worthy or deserving of any respect or love or anything good in your life. Go. to. hell", I spat out everything at his shocked face, anger flowing with my words and walked out of his cabin with a hung head, throat clogged with emotional pain and teary, red eyes.

"He crossed every boundary today. I wouldn't forgive him for his words. Ever".

_____________________________

To be continued... 💚💛

Thank you for reading. 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you for your constant love and support guys!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😘😘

Share your thoughts, guys...

Love y' all _ J 💜😘

Pls like, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 0 5
"If I die, tell her I loved her." ------ To El: "When we first met, I had no idea that you'd become this important to me, and I don't care how compli...
112K 5.9K 20
"No, you don't get to do this." He looks at him angrily. But there's also a tinge of sadness behind those green eyes, Zayn can see that. Because even...
10.8K 304 33
This is a Zianourry fan-fic. Two different couples. Harry and Louis are the perfect cuddly, loving couple who don't like to be away from each other...
2.3K 123 18
Fate...do YOU chose it? or it has already been chosen for YOU? Love...do YOU find it? or will he find YOU? CAN YOU ESCAPE DEATH AND LIVE FOREVER? Wha...