bucket list || l. norris

By FOREVERLANDO

ten memories. twelve bucket list items. three hundred and sixty five days. โ€ข "this is my bucket list, lando."... More

DISCLAIMERS AND TRIGGER WARNINGS
bucket list
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
mila's bucket list
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four

03

8K 230 75
By FOREVERLANDO

* i really appreciate all the love so far on this story!! thank you so much! please vote and comment throughout - it means so much to me <3 *

03 || 01/07/2006

"Lando! You have flour on your nose!" Mila's high pitched giggle filled the kitchen as she clapped her hands together, only sending more flour into the air. Together with Micah and Mandy, Mila and Lando were baking chocolate chip cookies. "You look so cute."

"I am always cute!" Lando pursed his lips together into a pout, folding his arms across his chest. Amanda rolled her eyes, smiling to herself at the sheer levels of cuteness and innocence before her. Like Cisca, she adored the relationship between their children. Seeing Mila happy was all both her and Mark wanted after everything their baby girl had experienced and Lando brought her so much happiness. "Shut up, Milly! You're just jealous because I'm cuter than you!"

"No you are not!" Mila folded her arms across her chest, covering her small purple apron in flour and grease from the butter which was included in their cookie mix.

"Yes I am!" Lando stuck his bottom lip out and his eyebrows knitted together. Mila turned away from her best friend and looked at her brother, who was giggling to himself whilst she continued to stir the mixture. She was struggling as the dough began to form into a firm ball, but she didn't want to give up. She wanted to show the boys how strong she was.

"Lando, Mila, stop bickering," Mandy laughed as she took the bowl from her daughter and removed the wooden spoon, reaching for the electric whisk. "Both of you, wash your hands properly to get rid of all this flour."

Mila did as her mum asked as she stepped down from her stool, Lando copying her actions as they both headed towards the sink. Lando waited patiently for his best friend to ensure her hands were clean before he stepped up to the sink and washed his with warm water and soap. Even though they bickered like an old married couple, according to their parents, Lando just wanted the best for Milly. She meant a lot to him and her story made him realise just how precious life was and that he was lucky to have such a brave best friend. He loved everything about her.

"You are cute, Milly." Lando admitted shyly, with warm, red cheeks as he dried his hands slowly with the soft towel. Mila stood beside him, doing the exact same, smiling to herself as she listened carefully to his words. She noticed that Lando was chewing down on his lip as he waited for her to finish drying her hands. Immediately, she sensed that something was wrong.

"What's the matter, Land?" She lifted her dainty fingers to his cheekbone and softly caressed the skin. Even for a six year old, Mila was very soft, caring and attentive when it came to showing Lando how much she loved and cared for him. Naturally, she was a very affectionate person and that was no different when it came to her best friend. If anything, she wanted to show him more love.

"I'm okay, Milly," he nodded as he placed the towel over the hook before reaching for her hands. Mila looked at him, quizzically, but she believed him because Lando was not a liar. "I promise."

Mila nodded, taking Lando's hand between hers and dragging him back towards where her mum and Micah were standing. The cookies were coming along nicely, the mixture finally all prepared and ready to be moulded into small circular pieces of dough. Mila's stomach grumbled at the thought of devouring such a wonderful delicacy. She couldn't wait to sit down for dinner with her family and Lando whilst knowing that such a delicious dessert was waiting for her.

Mila was pleased knowing it was summer. She didn't have to go to school and be around people she didn't like. She had all the time in the world to spend with her best friend, making brand new memories which would stay with them forever. There was no such thing as schoolwork whilst they were together at home, swapping between houses but still cherishing every single second. Just like Mila, Lando adored the summer holidays. The weather was always lovely, apart from the odd few rainy days, but the sun meant that they could play outside in the garden for as long as their bodies would allow them to. Lando knew that Mila couldn't play tag or chase like him, because her heart was fragile compared to his, and he felt that it was his duty to look after her. Instead, they coloured in whilst lying on the grass and completed jigsaw puzzles, before having a tea party with all of Mila's dolls and cuddly bears. Lando loved every single second, and he was allowed to be active if he felt like it; Mila would always count how long it took for Lando to run a certain distance. She said it would help him become an athlete. She knew that he wanted to be an athlete when he was older.

"Milly?" Lando tapped her lightly as he stood behind her, brushing one of her plaits to the side. Mandy opened the oven and placed the tray of cookies on the shelf. Mila turned around and allowed her brother to unfasten her apron. "Milly, I love you. As friends."

"I love you too, Lando," Mila giggled as her cheeks flushed red and her dimples became prominent. Lando lifted his index finger to her left dimple and poked at it, making her smile even wider. He thought she looked beautiful when she smiled. "As friends."

"Off you kids go and play for a little while. I'll call you down when dinner is ready," Mandy pressed a soft kiss to her daughter's forehead before ruffling Lando's hair. Micah hung by his mum's side because he promised to help her out whilst Mark was working in his office. "Don't throw your toys all over your room, Mila! Otherwise Lando will be going home!"

"Don't worry, mum," she giggled, holding onto the ends of her long plaits and smiling widely in the direction of her mother. Amanda adored her daughter with everything she had, similarly to her feelings towards her son, but Mila was a little miracle and she was special. "I won't make a mess. I never make a mess."

Amanda chuckled to herself as she noticed Micah rolling his eyes whilst listening to his sister leave the room and head towards the stairs. Mila rushed to her bedroom, almost tripping over her own feet as she went, with Lando following behind her, just as excited. They were so close that their emotions were always so similar and they could feel everything the other felt.

"I don't think I want to play with my dolls," Mila sighed as she sat on her bed, crossing her arms over her chest as she lifted her legs onto the mattress. Lando sat beside her, looking at her attentively, whilst a smile grew on his face. "I just want to talk."

"Talk about what?" Lando chewed on his lip whilst Mila made herself comfortable, lying with her neck resting against her plump pillows. He joined her, taking up the space beside her as they squeezed together to ensure the bed was big enough for them both to share. Of course it was, they just liked to be close to one another.

"I don't know." Mila shrugged her shoulders as a sombre scowl covered her features. She felt tired, almost as if she could nap, but she didn't want to leave Lando by himself. She loved his company. Sitting in silence like this was enough to fill Mila's heart with warmth. She felt content.

Lando's eyes cast around Mila's room, the walls painted a soft, pastel purple. It felt like home to him, but then again, being anywhere with Milly was home. Her bed was comfortable, the duvet cover showing a unicorn, with blankets placed along the bottom and cushions resting at the top.

"Will you cuddle me, Lando?" Mila's voice was only quiet but it interrupted Lando from his train of thought. He looked at his best friend, noticing the very obvious fatigue which covered her features. He was pleased with her question, knowing that if he held her whilst they talked, she would probably nap for a little while. Lando understood why Mila looked and felt tired much easier than he did. He felt sorry for her and sometimes wished he could swap positions with her because he didn't like to see Mila so sad.

"Of course, Milly." Lando patted his chest and waited patiently for Mila to shuffle closer. She rested her ear over his chest, her fingers resting over the material of the t-shirt he was wearing. Jealousy rushed through her veins when she heard the sound of Lando's strong heartbeat pumping against her ear. She wanted to be healthy like him. Mila was scared because she knew that even though her heart sounded like that, it was different to Lando's - more fragile, more prone to stopping. It tore Mila into thousands of little pieces. She wanted to stay with Lando forever, but she was terrified of dying.

She didn't deserve to worry about that. She was only a little girl. Death should have been the least of her worries.

"What are you thinking about, Milly?" Lando wrapped his arm around her small body a little tighter before his index finger began to trace lines up and down her arm. He knew when there was something bothering Mila. And Lando being Lando, he only wanted to check she was alright. They were so close that their parents could've sworn they had some sort of telepathic communication going on.

Mila was chewing on her lip with some force. She began to taste blood as her teeth pierced the delicate layer of skin, but it wasn't enough to stop her. She felt terribly anxious. Today was just one of those days. Nobody apart from Lando knew about the things which played havoc in her head. She refused to tell her mum that she worried about dying. Sometimes, she was too afraid to open up to Lando about it. She didn't want him to worry about her, but unbeknownst to Mila, he was always worrying.

"Stop chewing your lip, Mila. You'll make it bleed." Lando squeezed her body softly, but Mila didn't respond. She was too focused on chewing her lip, much to Lando's dismay.

"It's already bleeding, Lando." Mila sighed, her voice slightly quieter than usual as she felt the warm lump rising through her throat. She wasn't feeling herself today, and she knew it was alright to have bad days, but she still felt guilty for feeling upset. She didn't really know why she felt such guilt, but that didn't matter.

"Please stop it," Lando sat up, Mila's body lifting with his as he held onto her securely. They were only young, but Milly meant everything to him. He was determined to make her happy and comfortable whilst keeping her safe. Having younger sisters provoked a protective side to Lando and it only rubbed off on his behaviour towards Mila. He looked at her and reached for her chin, but before he could grasp it, Mila separated her teeth from her lips. Lando frowned when he saw the deep red blood which stained her lower lip. "Milly, you shouldn't make your lip bleed. It hurts you! Please tell me what's wrong. I want to help."

"I'm fine. I just want to lie down and cuddle you," Mila brushed her tongue along her bottom lip and removed the blood, the metallic taste sending shivers up her spine as it hit her tastebuds. She smiled at her best friend, hoping to make him believe that she was okay. Really, she was, but there was always the worry of dying lingering on her mind. She didn't want to hurt her family or Lando and she knew that they would miss her if she was gone. Lando lifted his eyebrows, not fully believing her, but not wanting to stress her out. He simply nodded and pulled Mila close into his side again, just like before. "I'm quite tired today, Lando."

"You can nap if you want to, Milly," Lando smiled, as he lifted his fingers to her soft hair and began to stroke it ever so gently. Mila closed her eyes. She was so comfortable here beside Lando, her favourite blanket covering her bottom half and keeping her warm. "I will probably have a nap too."

"No, I don't want to nap. I just like talking to you," Mila smiled to herself. She meant it. Listening to the sound of Lando's voice was particularly soothing. She knew that it would eventually send her to sleep anyway. "Do you want to talk, too?"

"Yes." Lando continued to play with Mila's hair, this time he reached for the end of her plait and began to twirl it around his finger. Her hair was soft and silky.

"Do you know what you want to be when you're older? Like, when you're an adult." Curiosity was thick on Mila's tongue as she lay on her back beside Lando, staring at the ceiling whilst she used her best friend's upper arm for support. She was so comfortable in his arms and she knew that this was her favourite place to be. Nowhere could be more comforting than being by Lando's side like this.

"I think I want to be a Formula One driver." Lando spoke with such confidence and it baffled Mila, because for as long as she could remember, all he wanted was to ride motorbikes like Valentino Rossi. Mila wanted to support Lando, however, no matter what his dream was, and she was adamant that she would never leave his side throughout his career.

"Really?" Awkwardly, Mila turned onto her side and rested her hands on Lando's stomach. Already, she was proud of Lando. She would be proud of anything he achieved.

"Yes, really," Lando smiled widely, his cheeks lifting as they turned red in delight. Mila felt her heart swell with pride when she noticed the happiness plastered on his face. "I've been watching a lot of races with dad and Oliver. It looks really fun. I want to be a Formula One driver!"

"So you prefer cars over motorbikes now?" Simply looking at Lando filled Mila's stomach with so many gentle butterflies. It felt amazing to be by her best friend's side right now, as he talked about his ambitions and dreams. Mila would do anything and everything she could to make sure he reached all of the goals he set for himself in life. Lando's happiness was very important to her.

"I think so. Dad said he would take me karting sometime before we go back to school so I can try it out," Lando shrugged his shoulders. Mila pondered on the thought of Lando driving fast cars all of the time. She knew that it was quite dangerous, even though she'd never watched an actual race before, so she did feel a strange sensation in her stomach which resembled fear. "It'll be fun! You'll have to come with me."

"Will you race on TV?" Mila's eyes were wide as she looked at Lando in complete admiration. Unlike him, she had no idea what she wanted to be when she was older, but she was only six, so she had plenty of time to decide. Lando shrugged his shoulders. "Will you be famous? Imagine how cool it'll be if you're famous!"

Lando couldn't stop smiling as he admired the look of happiness on Mila's face. Happiness suited her, the radiant glow of her skin was the most beautiful thing in the world to Lando. He sat up, Mila copying him, before plumping the pillows behind them to use as a comfortable backrest. Lando lifted his arm and allowed Mila to move closer into his side, wrapping his arm across her shoulders. He was young, but he knew exactly how to treat a girl. He wanted Mila to be happy and to feel safe.

"I don't really know if I will ever race on TV, but I want to try," Lando shrugged his shoulders again, his cheeks turning bright red as Mila placed her hands on either side of his face. She looked into Lando's eyes, giggling under her breath. "It looks really hard, but really fun! Dad said that he knows a place I can go to learn."

"You'll be good at it. You're good at everything." Mila rested her ear on Lando's shoulder, smiling to herself as she thought of Lando driving fast cars for a living. She knew that he would begin to force her to watch the races with him, but even if she lacked interest, doing anything with Lando was exciting. Even sitting with him in silence, like right now, brought her absolute serenity. The thoughts which previously bothered Mila were quickly forgotten about.

"Lando, can I ask you something?" Mila's voice was soft as she bathed in the peace between her and Lando. She treasured moments like these. When she felt Lando carefully nodding his head, she chewed on her bottom lip again, trying to think of a way to word her question without sounding silly.

"What is it, Milly?" Lando's hand was placed firmly against the side of Mila's shoulder and he held her ever so gently into his side, yet the element of support was still there. They were both so content in each other's company.

"Do you have a list of things you want to do before you die?" There it was again. The thought of death was always prominent on Mila's mind, but she made it subtle. She didn't want anyone to worry about her. She thought it was best to keep her thoughts trapped inside her head.

"No," Lando's answer was simple. "I don't think about that sort of thing. Why? Do you?"

"No," Mila's response was exactly the same. She wasn't lying. She'd heard of a bucket list in movies and television shows and she vaguely understood what the term meant, but she didn't know much else about them. "I think it would be fun to make one."

Lando sighed. Even though she'd not made it explicitly obvious, it was clear that Mila was worrying about her future. He didn't want her to feel that way at all because he knew she was healthy and she had nothing to worry about.

"I'll always be here for you, Milly," Lando's words were particularly off-topic, but relevant to the thoughts in his own mind, but Mila still raised her eyebrows in confusion whilst taking a brief glance at him. "You can tell me any secret. You know that, don't you?"

"Yes, Lando." Mila smiled, chewing on her fingernails nervously as she made eye contact with him. He was quick to pull her fingers away from her mouth, because he knew nail biting was a bad habit and Cisca always told Oliver off whenever he did it.

"Good." Lando twirled Mila's hair around his delicate fingertips before smiling at her, placing a kiss on her forehead. Before he'd even removed his lips, he could feel Mila's face heating up against them, which made him smile to himself. Lando felt like the luckiest boy in the world because he called Mila 'best friend' and nobody else would ever be given such an honour.

They could sit there, in silence, simply enjoying being beside one another, for days on end. If their parents gave them the opportunity, there was no denying that it would happen. Together, they were happy.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

memory three - lando norris and mila perry
age six

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 154 13
A story of rivalry, jealousy, passion and love, how can you choose between two people you love?
7.4K 128 12
they do say, โ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐žโž maybe they weren't wrong. ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™, Childhood sweethe...
24.4K 525 19
โi don't want to have the worlds attention. yours is enough. โž formula one fanfic lando n...
110K 2K 31
What happens when your neighbour is Lando Norris? ๐“๐“œ๐“‘๐“”๐“ก ๐“œ๐“ž๐“๐“ก๐“ž๐“” - "I could stay here forever." ๐“›๐“๐“๐““๐“ž ๐“๐“ž๐“ก๐“ก๐“˜๐“ข - "Of course you're...