Blazing: An Avatar AU

By demonicxchaos

(Y/N)'s life up until now hasn't been easy. I mean high school, am I right? That's never easy. Loaded with cl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
A/N

Chapter Sixty-Nine

2.1K 104 253
By demonicxchaos

I patted my hair down and raced down the stairs to greet Katara, Aang, Toph, Sokka, Suki, Mai, and Ty Lee.

Katara smiled when she saw me, "Hey, (Y/N)! Sorry, it's supposed to rain, and that kind of ruined our plans, so I thought I would just bring them here for dinner. I called you a few times, but you didn't answer."

I laughed nervously, "Uh... I think my phone's off. I was training."

Sokka looked at me, "Why do you look so flustered?"

"Like I said, I was training."

"No," Sokka mused, "That's not your 'training' face."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I scoffed.

"Leave (Y/N) alone, sweetie," Suki put a hand on Sokka's shoulder, "If she said she was training, she was training."

"Thank you, Suki," I smiled.

A loud crash sounded from upstairs, causing us all to jump.

"What was that?" Katara asked.

"Oh, uh- I was trying to balance my backpack on top of a pile of clothes in my closet. It probably just fell. Don't worry about it, Kat."

Suki laughed as if she knew something we didn't.

Katara shrugged, "All right. I'm going to go make dinner. Toph? Can you help me?"

"Why can't (Y/N) help?" Toph groaned.

"You may be blind, but at least you don't burn down the kitchen when you get frustrated," Katara said.

"That was one time!" I yelled.

Katara laughed, "Sweetie, you come too," she smiled at Aang.

"Of course. I love you."

Sokka, Toph, and I all shivered.

"Ew!" Sokka exclamied.

"Bleh," Toph stuck out her tounge.

"Ditto," I laughed.

Katara glared at me, "You have no-"

I gave her a look.

"Nevermind."

She, Aang, and Toph left to go to the kitchen. That left, Suki, Sokka, Ty Lee, Mai, and I.

Everyone sat down on the couch, and I lit a candle.

Sokka turned to me, "You know, I think we should call Zuko."

"What?" I thought about the man who was currently in my closet, "Nah, that doesn't seem like a good idea," I joined them on the couch.

The corners of Mai's mouth curled up into a smile, which she hid immediately, "I think we should call him."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course you would want to call him."

Ty Lee waved her hands, "I'm sensing a lot of negative energy here, I think you guys should calm down."

"I'm calm!" I snapped, and the flame of the candle spurred violently up.

Suki blinked.

I sighed, "I see your point. Sorry," I looked away from the rest of them, focusing only on the table in front of us.

"I'm going to call Zuko," Sokka said.

"You know what?" I smiled and fixated my eyes on Mai, "I'll call Zuko. He'll come if I ask."

Mai glared at me.

Ty Lee looked uncomfortable.

Suki stifled a laugh.

Sokka... Sokka was clueless. He scratched the back of his head, "Well... okay.

"I left my phone upstairs," I got off the couch, "I'll be right back."

I walked up to my room and locked the door. Just in case. I crept to my closet and opened it. Zuko opened his mouth to speak but I brought a finger to his lips.

"Shh. They're still here."

"How long do I have to hide like this?" he whispered.

"So, here's the plan. You are going to climb out of that window," I pointed to the window in my room, "Go to your car, and drive here. Then knock on the door as if you haven't been here the whole time."

"What's the point of that? Why can't I just... walk downstairs?"

"Because then they'll know that you've been in my room this whole time, idiot!"

"Oh. Good point," he walked out of my closet and lifted open my window. He turned around and smiled at me, "I'll drive around for a bit so it seems like I came from the palace. See you in twenty minutes."

"Bye, Zuko," I rolled my eyes jokingly.

Zuko hopped out of the window. I peered outside and watched as he ran to his car in the rain. Then I put my phone in my pocket and unlocked my door, walking downstairs again.

"What took you so long?" Suki asked.

"Oh, I couldn't find my phone. It was under my bed. Zuko will be here in like twenty minutes."

Sokka looked at me skeptically, "Zuko just dropped everything? No whining? He wasn't doing Fire Lord-y things?"

"Uh... actually I think he was already driving around or something."

"Why would he-"

"I don't know, Sokka!" I threw my hands down, "I'm not a psychic!"

"Why are you so angry, (Y/N)? Almost like you're," he stroked his non-existent beard, "Hiding something."

This guy will be the death of me.

Mai looked at me, "Did you tell Zuko I would be here?"

"He didn't seem to care," I rolled my eyes.

Mai scoffed. Ty Lee put a hand on her shoulder and smiled apologetically at me.

Suki giggled, "(Y/N), can I talk to you alone?"

"Hm? Sure," I got up and motioned for her to follow me to my room.

Once we got there I closed the door, "What's up?"

She looked around my room, "So, Zuko was here, right?"

"Whaaat?" I laughed, "No. That's crazy."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

She glanced to the side and picked up a phone. That was not my phone. My eyes widened.

"So," she held the phone out in front of me, "Who's phone is this?"

"Uh. Mine."

She turned the phone on,"The lock screen background is just the word "honor". I think we all know who's phone this is."

"No. I just have a great appreciation for-" I sighed, "Yeah, you got me."

Suki laughed, "It's okay. I won't tell anyone. But, I want to know everything."

"Everything?"

"Everything."

"So, it all started the day my father died-"

"Not that far back, (Y/N)!"

"Oh. My bad."

"I meant like how you guys got back together. Are you back together?"

"Well, yeah. We're back together. But we're taking it slow. We don't want anyone to know, yet. And, if the press finds out we're even more screwed. We want it to be just us. For now. You know?"

Suki thought for a moment, "Your secret is safe with me. But, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"If you guys like each other, just go for it."

I just nodded.

"Oh, and you better show Mai who's boss when he gets here," Suki smiled.

I laughed, "I'll try."

Right on cue, I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. I slipped Zuko's phone into my pocket and walked downstairs with Suki.

We got there just in time to see Sokka open the door for Zuko. They smiled and hugged each other.

Suki nudged me, "That's our men."

I sighed and looked at Zuko. His hair was slightly damp, due to the rain. It caused his jet black locks to fall over his face, slightly covering his eye. His shirt was slightly wet too, and I could see the outline of this physique through the thin material. But, most of all, he looked relaxed. He was no longer tensed up. He seemed to let his worries go. It was refreshing to see. His gaze shifted passed Sokka and on to me. We locked eyes.

"That's my man," I whispered, smiling.

Suki put a hand on my shoulder.

Then, I glanced at Mai, who was looking at Zuko.

This is going to be an interesting dinner party.

(A/N): Check my Instagram for sneakpeaks and updates!

@ // demonicxchaos

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...
20.6K 900 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
128K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
759K 19.3K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...