My Neighborhood Love Story

By YayaStories14

A Jawan Harris and Khalil Sharieff story! Jawan and Khalil are brothers. Jawan was adopted. They are complete... More

Characters!
Chapter 1: Moving In
Chapter 2: The Girl Next Door
Chapter 3: Chilling
Chapter 4: Date Night
Chapter 6: It's This Girl
Chapter 7: Hero
Chapter 8: Feeling of Remorse
Chapter 9: Lunch
Chapter 10: Why Does It Hurt So Much?
Chapter 11: Cheerleaders...
Chapter 12: Karina Problems
Chapter 13: A Date
Chapter 14: Friend Zone
Chapter 15: Snakes
Chapter 16: Apology
Chapter 17: Blooming Love
Chapter 18: Jealousy
Chapter 19: Hopes for a Friend
Chapter 20: Best of Friends
Chapter 21: More Jealousy
Chapter 22: Worse
Chapter 23: The Good and The Bad
Chapter 24: Lessons Learned
Chapter 25: Officially the Worst
Chapter 26: Cowardly Brave
Chapter 27: Let It Be Known
Chapter 28: Either She Goes or I Go
Chapter 29: Better
Chapter 30: New Boyfriend?

Chapter 5: New School, New Me?

608 12 0
By YayaStories14

Aria's P-O-V

I woke up early. It was my first day at a new school. Katelyn and Isaiah "snuck" into my room. Just for fun, I pretended to be asleep. Just then, they jumped on me and I roared, snatching them up.

At that point, they were both giggling and I started tickling them. My sister soon came in.

"There you guys are. See? I told you not to disturb the monster while she slept," she said smiling.

We hopped off of the bed.

"I'm going to take them to school. I just wanted them to say bye to you first," my sister informed me.

"Bye, Aria," the two tikes said hugging me.

They soon left and I was in the house alone. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth then to take a shower. I turned on some music as I began to choose my outfit and get dressed. Elle Varner's I Don't Care played.

When I was done, I realized that I was almost late. I quickly grabbed a bagel and began walking to the bus stop. I got on the bus and it was a 15 minute ride to school. Once I got there, I immediately started to look for Jawan.

I didn't see him though. I wish I did. I scanned the faces of everyone who came into view. No Jawan in sight. Not even Khalil. I went straight to the office to pick up my schedule then into the bathroom to check my hair and apply some make up. I looked in the mirror and thought about it.

"It's no use," I whispered to myself.

I tried to be peppy about starting over. I thought that maybe moving would give me a second shot at everything. But it's not.

I'm still the same me. Nothing feels different.

I wiped the gunk off of my face, applying nothing but chapstick. I walked out of the bathroom feeling unwanted and alone as always.

I looked around the hallway, no one was out here. I checked the time and realized that classes has started and that I was late. Great.

I walked quickly, trying to get to my first period class. I didn't know where I was going, but I was determined to find it. I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going so I surprisingly bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" I said in shock and embarrassment.

"It's okay," they said, "Hi, I'm Lamar."

"Um, I'm Aria. I'm kind of new here so do you mind helping me find my class?" I asked feeling a little sheepish.

"Sure, uh..." He pointed to my schedule and I handed it to him. "English with Mr. Monroe. You're in luck. That's exactly where I was going. Come on."

I smiled, "Thank you."

We walked to the class in silence. I had no idea what to exactly talk to him about. When we got to the class, he opened the door for me. I walked in.

"Young lady," said the teacher. "Why are you late?"

"Well, I'm Aria. The new girl," I replied nervously.

"Ah, have a seat."

I looked around and noticed Jawan was in the class. He was looking at me. I saw an empty desk next to him, then took a seat there. I gave him a warm smile then turned to pay attention to the class, but I still felt his gaze on me.

When I got settled, I realized that Lamar didn't come in. I thought we had the same class...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60 11 10
I was trying to do the same when all of a sudden, he was up in front of me. He was tall, 6 to 7 inches above me. My heart hurt at his proximity. Plea...
114K 866 23
Jamaya is a shy girl from New Orleans she just hangs with her friends and dances one day she went to the studio to find Mindless Behavior and friend...
283K 8.3K 32
"You should have told me before that you weren't interested in me" I yelled at my so called husband Samad. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Jawari...
24.9K 744 29
I quickly rushed over with my hands ready to catch Yesha the same time as they stepped back, when she dropped in my hand I gave her a smile. "Thanks...