Chapter 7: Hero

Serene's P-O-V

I was with Kwame. We were just sitting on a bench. His arm was wrapped around my shoulder and my head was on his chest. We often sat that way in the mornings.

There were a few girls whispering and giggling and looking at me. Pointing. Some just looked at me the wrong way. Just then one of Kwame's team mates came over. I didn't really pay him any mind until he said, "Dude why are you even with her still?"

I looked up at him with vicious eyes. There was no way that I would let him disrespect me like that. When Kwame looked at me, I guess he read my vibe.

He stood up, "Yo, don't disrespect my girlfriend like that!" He yelled.

"Does she give it to you that good? Would you mind sharing her?" Another one said.

"I'm sure she doesn't mind it. Isn't that right?" Another team mate said reaching his hand out to touch my face, but I backed away.

"Aye, don't fight the feeling. You know you-"

There he was on the ground. Kwame punched him in mid-sentence. I stood up and smirked, holding Kwame's hand.

"Anyone else got something to say?" He threatened.

The other two guys looked at each other and ran away. From the corner of my eye, I could see Khalil watching. In the heat of the moment, I kissed Kwame and walked off with him.

I wanted to show him that I didn't need him and to make him feel my pain. Sure, doing that wasn't equivalent to all of the pain that he caused me, but I hope it hurt him in some way.