Chapter 17: Blooming Love

Aria's P-O-V

"I had fun tonight," I said as he walked me up the steps of my porch.

"Yeah. I did too."

He stood in front of me. We looked at each other. I heard the chirping of the crickets, making a second feel like an eternity.

Then he pulled me in by my waist and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his hands move lower and that's when my sister opened the door.

"What is going on out here?" We quickly pulled away. "Get your narrow behind in here, Aria."

I scurried inside of the house then heard my sister's conversation with Lamar.

"If I see that again, I will make sure that you get in trouble. I know your mom. She gets her hair done at my salon all the time. You got it?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good."

"Now say goodnight. Quickly."

"Goodnight, Aria. And Aria's sister."

"Goodnight," I quickly said.

"It's Shay. Goodnight, sir."

She slammed the door shut and turned to look at me.

"Well, I'm tired. I'm going to bed. Goodnight sister," I said quickly trying to leave and go up to my room, but she stopped me.

"Wait, just answer me this one question."

"Okay."

"Was it good?"

"Was what good?"

"You know, the date, the treatment, the kiss."

I laughed, "I can't believe you."

"What?"

"Well, if you want to know. It was amazing!"

"Great. Glad you had fun."

"Yeah. You know, he's a really sweet guy. He excites me!"

"Um, calm your hormones. Just be careful okay? I don't want to see you hurt."

I laughed, "Don't worry. I will," I hugged her and went upstairs to my room.

I laid back on my bed feeling crazy butterflies.

Tick... Tick... TICK!

I walked over to my window and opened it. I saw Jawan smiling and holding up a bag of Skittles.

"I wonder what snack you're going to throw next time."

"I can't tell you that. It takes away the excitement."

I giggled, "So..."

"Uh... How was your date?"

"What date?" I asked teasingly.

He looked at me with his arms crossed then sarcastically spat back, "What date?"

"Alright, alright, alright. If you really want to know... It was great!"

"Really?"

"Come on. I'm not going to lie about something like that..."

"I know, but. Wow. I mean, I heard some things about Lamar."

"Like what?"

"Well, he isn't the best of guys."

Is he jealous? Why would he just say that?

"And where did you hear that from?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Well, his ex girlfriends, the entire gossiping student body, Khalil."

"Well, I don't believe it."

"Okay. You don't have to."

"I know. Look, it's late and I got to go to bed. Goodnight!"

Before he could say goodnight back to me, I slammed the window shut and cut the lights off. I then crawled under my sheets.

I can't believe he would talk about Lamar like that. He doesn't know Lamar like I do. He had no right.