Chapter 3: Chilling

Serene's P-O-V

It's after 7 and I'm up in my room with Kwame. We weren't doing anything really. Just chilling.

I had my head on his chest as he sat up and we were on my bed watching Martin.

"What if we were like Martin and Gina? Would you want that?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I love how they're both crazy together and how they always got each others back," I replied smiling at the thought of it.

"Yeah," he said with a vague nod.

I turned off the TV and took my head off of his chest.

"Is something bothering you?" I asked.

He seemed out of it.

"No. No. It's just... Forget it."

"There's a problem with that statement," I sat on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I can't forget it."

We just looked at each other for a little then he went in. We started making out.

It was fine at first, but I soon felt his hands roaming.

"Kwame, stop," I said getting off of him.

"What's wrong?" He questioned as if not knowing.

I don't know how many times we've been through this.

"I don't want to go there," I said sitting in my computer chair.

He sat up on the edge of the bed then said: "Come on babe. Don't you love me?"

I hesitated.

"Yeah. I do. But..."

"Well, actions speak louder than words, right? Come and prove it."

"Why? We don't have to do that for you to know that I love you."

Just then, my older brother, Jalil, came in.

"Hey Jaja," I said.

"Hey sis."

"What's good bruh," Kwame greeted.

Jalil payed no attention to him.

"What are you guys doing?"

I could see Kwame roll his eyes. Jalil and him never got along.

"Just talking," I replied quickly.

"Didn't look like there was much talking going on."

"Um, listen. I got to go. I'll call you later," Kwame said coming to kiss me, but he stopped.

"Uh, bye."

I waved and he left.

"Jalil... You're always chasing him away," I complained.

"You should be happy," he sat on my bed. "He's no good."

"You always say that," I replied sitting next to him.

"Because it's true. Listen baby sis. I don't want you to do something that you'd regret."

"Fine. Fine. I know you're just protecting me like a big brother should, even though I don't need it. I know you love me," I said.

I mushed him in the head.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he said hitting me in the head with a pillow and laughing.

I laughed too.

"Well," he said getting up. "I got to go. I have a date."

"Alright. Later," I said as he walked to the door.

He chucked up the deuces and left. I shook my head at his silliness. Just then, I heard my phone ringing.

I checked the caller ID. It was Kwame.

I answered it saying, "Hello?"

"Did your brother leave."

"Yeah. Why?"

"Come outside."

"For what?"

"Because that's where I am."

I rolled my eyes then hung up. I looked out of the window to see him waiting for me, leaning on the hood of his car.

I slipped on some sandals and went outside.

"I thought you had to go," I said as soon as I got to him.

"No. I just didn't want to be around your brother. He kind of scares me."

I laughed, "Jalil is just looking out for me as usual. He's harmless."

"Maybe to you. Anyway, how about we go over to my house instead," he said taking me hand and putting on his pleading face.

He gets me every time with it.

"And do what?" I inquired, raising my eyebrows.

"I just want to chill. Nothing more. Maybe we can just relax and watch a movie-"

My eyes wandered across the street with my attention following it. They met Khalil's. He makes me sick. He looked like he wanted to tell me something, but I wasn't interested so I just turned my attention back to Kwame.

"What do you say?"

"Oh. Uh, yeah. Okay. Let's go," I replied unsure of what I was agreeing to.

I hopped into Kwame's car and we drove over to his house.