Chapter 6: It's This Girl

Jawan's P-O-V

I woke up to Lucky licking my face. When my eyes settled, I realized that I fell asleep writing. The beat was still playing so I turned it off and got off of the bed.

I went into the bathroom to take a shower, brush my teeth, and wash my face. I then got dressed. When I got downstairs, Khalil and my mom was eating breakfast.

"Look who decided to finally show up," Khalil said with a laugh.

"Hey sweetie," my mom said.

"Good morning," I said snagging a seat.

"You woke up late this morning. Dreaming about Aria?" Khalil teased, nudging me.

I gave him the evil eye. He can't say that around mom!

She raised her eyebrow and said, "Who's Aria?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Mom..."

"She's our new neighbor. He likes her a lot," Khalil told.

"Oh. Well, when can I meet this girl?" My mom said looking at me.

"Bro!"

I got up and walked outside. Khalil followed me.

"Dude, why are you so mad?" He questioned.

"I don't know! Just... Why did you tell mom? You know how she is with me and girls."

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help it," he replied laughing.

"Man, don't give me that. I know you don't mean it. You never mean it. That's probably why Serene doesn't talk to you anymore!"

He looked at me shocked at what I said.

"Don't you ever say something like that!"

"Alright, alright, alright. Just calm down. I'm sorry. It slipped."

Khalil sighed.

"No. I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't think about what I say. You're right. Can you forgive me?"

"Yeah man. I forgive you," I replied hugging him.

"Come on. I'll drive you to school," he said.

"Alright. Cool."

We hopped into the car and drove over to the school. When we got there, I looked all around for Aria, but I didn't see her. So I went to my spot. The music room.

"Good morning, Mr. Cole," I said sitting at the piano.

Mr. Cole was the music teacher. He was like a father to me.

"Hey Jawan. What's new?" He greeted.

"My perspective of life."

He laughed, "Is there a special lady involved?"

He knew me too well.

"Yeah. I kind of wrote a song. Want to hear it?"

"Lay it on me young blood."

I started playing the piano and sung the song. When it was over, the bell rung.

"That was great. I'll see you in 4th period Jawan!" He said as I walked to the door.

"Thanks! Later, Mr. Cole!"

As I walked to class, I hoped to run into Aria, but that wasn't the case. I went to Mr. Monroe's class.

"Hello Jawan," he said as I walked in.

"Good morning," I replied heading to my seat.

By now, my hopes of seeing Aria around was kind of low. Halfway through the class, the door opened. It was her. I couldn't stop looking.

"Young lady, why are you late?" Mr. Monroe interrogated.

"Well, I'm Aria. The new girl," she replied seeming nervous.

"Ah, have a seat," he replied.

She looked at me and took a seat right next to me. I couldn't stop looking at her. I wanted to say something, but I couldn't so I just looked. She gave me a smile and I smiled back. But even when she turned away, I still looked.