Chapter 12: Karina Problems

Khalil's P-O-V

I took a seat at the popular table where all of my "friends" were.

"Hey baby," Karina said looping her arm into mine. "Are you still mad at me?"

I sighed and thought about it, "Nah. Just don't bad mouth people like that. It's not cool."

She pouted then said, "Okay. I'm sorry."

I knew she didn't mean it, but I wasn't in the mood to argue.

She laid her head on my shoulder and stayed quiet until Serene and Kwame got Corey's girlfriend mad, causing her to storm off somewhere. Funny thing, no one went after her.

"What happened to her?" Karina asked.

"I don't know," Serene replied as she laughed with Kwame.

"You guys are so childish," I heard Karina mumble.

I looked at her as if to say, "Why did you say that?"

"Excuse you? Your petty tail shouldn't be saying anything. It's me and Kwame's relationship. This has nothing to do with you. So please, don't speak your opinion of it because I never asked," Serene snapped.

"You can't talk to me like that you little sl-" I cut Karina off before she could even finish the word.

"Karina, just leave her alone," I had said.

"Are you taking up for her?" Karina retorted.

"Guys, this is Aria," Lamar said cutting the conversation off.

I looked up and saw Aria from next door. I immediately wondered if Jawan knew she was even here.

I checked the time. Lunch was about to be over in 5 minutes. I took a peek over at where he and his friends normally sit and he wasn't there so I decided to tell him later.