Dear Diary

By DressageGeek

Sophia is a lonely girl who had been forced to grow up from a young age. She never met her mother, while she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Author's note

Chapter 54

678 75 7
By DressageGeek

Sophia breathed in deeply as she slowly awoke; blinking her eyes for a moment before realising that she had fallen asleep in the Woods' living-room. The movie was replaying the main menu and she realised that she had slept for the majority of the movie. She wasn't planning on sleeping at all.

As she moved to get up, her eyes widened in surprise when a grip around her waist held her in place. Suddenly realising the presence behind her, Sophia turned her head slightly and was stunned to see Luke's sleeping face less than two inches away from her. Her heart picked up speed at the unexpected closeness.

She turned around to face the front once more and it came to her attention that she had been using Luke's strong arm as a pillow. She moved to try and get up again, but this time Luke's arm wrapped around her tightly and pulled her closer to his chest. 

"Five more minutes, Mom," she heard him moan softly and Sophia felt a tug at her lips.

Luke fell back asleep almost instantly and Sophia could feel the way his chest rhythmically moved up and down as he breathed and subsequently felt the whisper of a touch of warm air hit the back of her neck. The feeling sent strange chills up her spine. 

Sophia sighed quietly when Luke's hold on her didn't ease. She knew she should move. She's never once been in this type of situation before, but she knew that Luke's arm would be numb from the weight of her head on it for so long.

However, she also couldn't lie to herself. She didn't want to move. She was so comfortable it wasn't even funny, and she had to admit that she liked the feeling of Luke holding her so close to him; as though he would protect her from every one of her worries. She hadn't felt that from someone in a long time. 

Well, she couldn't even remember the last time she's hugged someone.

Is this what it felt like to finally open up to a person? She felt closer to him, not just literally. Maybe ... maybe she should be more open to people. After all, this is 2018 – people can keep in touch quite easily nowadays if-when she moves. 

Of course, if she opens up to people, she won't go blabbing all her secrets just ... be more welcoming to the idea of not being alone. She was tired of being alone, that much was certain, and although it was way out of her comfort zone, she'll have to try.

And she decided to start with Luke.

Besides, she doubted she could get up anyway with the vice-grip hold he had on her waist. So, admitting defeat, Sophia grabbed the remote and pressed play to begin watching Cinderella once more.

Luke slept peacefully behind her the entire time Sophia was watching the movie, but when Anastasia (one of the ugly step-sisters) screamed at finding a mouse under her teacup he began to stir. His hold tightened on her momentarily as he buried his face in her hair and breathed in deeply.

Sophia tensed, but forced herself to calm down and mentally counted as she lifted her head off his arm.

Three.

Two.

One.

Luke shot up into a seated position, his eyes wide and hair very dishevelled. Sophia ignored the slightly painful way his knee dug into the back of her thigh or the fact that she was suddenly very cold as, due to his fast movement, the blanket that covered them fell to the floor with a thud.

"S-Sophia?" Luke asked in shock as he stared at the girl who still lay on the couch facing the television set.

"Hm?" she responded calmly and looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

Luke was at a loss for words as he felt his heart hammer in his chest. He did not just do that. He did not just ... spoon with Sophia. What would she think of him now? Some perv trying to get with her in her weakened state! 

He dared not say defenceless because he knew that she was anything but that, but how could he let this happen? He remembered her falling asleep against him, and he was so tired from looking after her all night that he closed his eyes for a minute and ... Oh.

"Soph, I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to ... I fell asleep and uh ..." 

Sophia watched him stumble over his words as he rushed to try and explain himself, his face growing redder with each syllable. He held back a wince when his left arm suddenly burst with pins and needles. How long had he been asleep like that? Oh no, he's just blown it with her. He began to panic more.

"Luke, it's fine," Sophia replied softly and he looked at her with worried eyes that grew confused when he saw her relaxed disposition.

"You ... you're not mad?" he asked with a confused frown and, paired with his spiky bedhair, Sophia found it rather adorable.

Sophia shook her head. "No, I figured you were tired," she spoke steadily and Luke envied how calm she could stay in such a situation. At least she wasn't mad. "Now can you please lie back down? I'm getting cold and want to carry on watching the movie"

"W-What?" Luke stuttered bewildered. 

She wanted to cuddle ... with him? She must've hit her head harder than they thought. He knew he should've taken her to the hospital when she fainted.

Sophia sighed and gently placed her hand on his arm to tug him back down. Luke stared at her for a moment. She was serious. 

He hesitantly complied and slowly lowered himself back down onto his side, but keeping a lot more distance this time. Sophia lifted her head and, realising when he wasn't taking the hint, grabbed his left hand and threaded his arm through under her neck.

Luke tried to keep his breathing as calm and even as possible as Sophia pulled up the blanket to cover the two of them before pausing. Luke froze when he thought she had finally realised what she was doing, but was shocked when she grabbed his right arm and draped it over her waist before settling down and returned to watching the movie.

But Luke couldn't focus on the screen, only on the girl in front of him. How long had he waited for this moment? For Sophia to be wrapped up in his arms, and in his hoodie no less! He had dreamed of this multiple times the past few months, because even though they weren't talking, he could feel that her mask had completely ebbed away and let herself finally be comfortable around him.

Sophia truly had no idea what she did to him. The power she held over him even though he hardly knew a thing about her personal life. He would do anything to protect her, make her trust him. He had never felt so strongly about anyone before. Sure, he's had his crushes, but they were no match for what he felt for Sophia. He would do anything to keep her by his side.

So, when she had told him that she was moving, it had felt as though a knife had been plunged into his chest. As far as he knew this could be the last time he saw her and he didn't want to waste a second of it.

Luke moved his arm to wrap around her more firmly (compared to the overcooked noodle grip he had on her a moment earlier) and Sophia shifted to accommodate the change, leaving no room between them now as she continued to stare at the screen. 

Luke's heart rate increased at the close proximity, but he forced himself to remain calm despite the fact that the smell of her intoxicating shampoo completely encompassed his senses.

However, Luke knew that he couldn't go any further than cuddling her. While his thoughts were focused solely on Sophia, hers were set on the movie. She wasn't thinking of cuddling with him along the romantic lines. She did it probably because of the comfort and security it brought her.

He couldn't blame her though. He realised now how lonely her life was and, if he was in her shoes, he would have jumped at the opportunity of some human company too.

He let out a barely audible sigh as his grip tightened around her protectively and she moved her head a little so that it lay on his pillow instead of his arm. But the movement caused Luke's eyes to flicker down to the long, exposed curve of her neck and he felt his mouth go dry.

He couldn't tear his eyes away from the tanned smooth skin. If he brushed his lips against it, would it feel as soft as it looked? 

No. Stop it, Luke! Sophia would not appreciate an unexpected gesture like that. Don't be such a typical hormonal teenager. He admonished in his head, but no matter how hard he tried to push the thought away, it only returned with greater intensity until he could barely think straight.

"S-Sophia?" he hated the way his voice squeaked and he swallowed hard before biting the inside of his cheek.

She hummed in response, unbeknownst to her the turmoil Luke was experiencing behind her.

"Would- would you mind if I ... uh," he stuttered and bit his cheek harder. 

He was planning on asking for her to move so he could think a little clearer, but how could he do that without sounding rude?

Sophia frowned when she heard the strain in his voice and turned in his arms to face him. Luke felt the words die on his tongue when he realised how close Sophia's face was to his, her lips specifically. His heart jumped in his throat as he felt himself panic.

"What I was trying to say ... was ..." he tried again, but the words failed him once more as his eyes connected with hers.

"Yes?" Sophia prompted as he couldn't help but stare at her perfect face. 

How badly he wanted to kiss her right now, confess everything to her. But what would she do? Would she laugh at him or let him down gently? The smallest part of his brain hoped she would do neither.

"I ..." he trailed off as he sighed and looked to the side, avoiding her siren gaze. 

No, he couldn't confess, not yet anyway. Not when she was finally comfortable around him. He didn't want to frighten her away. 

"Would you mind if I make us some food?" he asked instead. 

He could hear his heart screaming at him, saying that he will not get a more perfect moment than this and he just blew it, but he ignored it.

Sophia blinked in confusion. He had such a nervous expression on his face that she had not expected the conversation to be about food. But now that he mentioned it, she was feeling rather hungry. 

"Okay," she replied slowly after a moment of studying him.

Luke nodded his head, but he refused to look at her as they both sat up and his arms immediately returned to his sides as he quickly scooted around her and stood before walking off towards the kitchen without another word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104 9 25
The mayor's daughter must work together with a badboy yet popular guy in her school on a project. She learns things about that changed her perspectiv...
308 4 21
A new boy comes to a new highschool. He is seen as the school's bad boy. Until he meets a girl of his dreams! He soon realizes he is in love her, but...
1.8K 382 48
[ COMPLETED ]. [ NOT EDITED ] You know it's the usual Girl meets boy, boy meets girl. Badboy turns soft and the nerd falls in love. Well she isn't e...
100 14 14
From I would kill you to I would die for you Sophia is a kind girl, she lives with her mother, who she hates, in Germany. But what if her cruel mothe...