The Avallon Chronicles (BOOK...

By LORAINEJD

Cithara Aeloira Elizell Aberra was the rightful heiress of the crown of Everdaile. She grew up without anyone... More

THE AVALLON CHRONICLES
READERS' GUIDE
TRAILER AND CHARACTERS
MAIN GLOSSARY
Part I: The Great Prologue
1 | Welcome to Enchantria
2 | Varelor
3 | The Last Hope
5 | Destiny
Part II: Cithara Elizell
6 | Cithara's Premonition
7 | The Beginning of the End
8 | Take Me Home
9 | Untold Prophecies
10 | The Will of the Emperor
Part III: The Journey
11 | The Half-Blood Elizell
12 | Battle of the Brains
13 | Labyrinth of Doom
14 | An Unexpected Journey
15 | The Fortuitous One
Part IV: Search for a Purpose
16 | The Stranger's Mission
17 | Reunion
18 | Her Desire
19 | Which is Which?
20 | The Arcane
21 | A Right Decision
22 | The New Quest
Part V: The Castaway
23 | He's a Pirate
24 | Into the Unknown
25 | The Noteworthy Voyage
26 | Ocean of Secrets
27 | A Captain's Farewell
Part VI: The Royal One and His Assistant
28 | Michief Makers
29 | Caught on Act
30 | The Sacred Gem
31 | Acceptance?
Part VII: Alliances Or Foes
32 | One Last Wish
33 | Between the Borders
34 | The Conspiracy
35 | A New Friend?
36 | The Stranger of the Night
37 | Alastair
38 | Someone's Target
39 | The Resistance
40 | Freedom
Part VIII: United
41 | Escapists
42 | Our Little Mermaid
43 | Revenge of the Forgotten Lands
44 | The Third Avallon?
45 | Between a Threat and a Duty
46 | Chosen
PART IX: The Coronation
47 | The Night Before Dawn
48| Taken
49| Lies and Traitors
50| Shattered
51| The Inevitable
ACHIEVEMENTS
🥀CHARACTERS🥀

4 | Past, Present, Future

283 58 25
By LORAINEJD

A state that is great carries the seeds of its demise, just as a giant tree singles itself out for the blow of the axe. Weakness brings life, strength brings death.

– Lao Zi, Spring and Autumn Period

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

The evil of the land was finally defeated. At last, the peace of the Immortal Realm was rejuvenated.

Varelor's army chose to surrender. Others flee towards the mountains while the others were captured by the Everdaileans for them to pay for their actions.

Meanwhile, after the disappearance of her dear, poor Alfira was mourning from a heart filled with worries and fear.

As she and her daughter, Cithara, came back to their home in Sepphora with the hope to see the one she loves, they were greeted by unexpected news.

While they enter the castle grounds, they were welcomed by the projections of the five Avallons together with the other Enchantrians who died in the battle. The projections were coming from the last magic of the sacred Avallon Tree, which was showered by flowers and jewels that were thrown towards it by the creatures who mourned for their loss.

"What's going on?" she asked as she struggled to huddle towards the crowd with her child.

Deep inside of her, she was begging for her love's safety. Tears began to fall down her cheeks as she saw his projection in front of her. She stood in front of the projection, gently reaching her hand towards it. But suddenly, she was cut in by the bitter phrases that were being thrown out towards the figure.

"He was the reason why my son died! He's so evil!" one of the creatures exclaimed.

"Indeed," replied the other, "I hope he'll be happy in the Land of Misery forever!"

Hearing those and the others' continuous insults to Varelor, several sharp knives seemed to hit her all over her heart.

She took her last glance at her love's portrait and then began to run away.

With her heart filled with misery, she ran towards the Forest of Everdaile, where the thoughts of taking her own life came popping out from her weary mind.

You betrayed me, Alfira! How could you do this to me?! All of you betrayed me! You destroyed everything!

She heard Varelor's voice ringing in her ears as she ran towards the riverside.

All of a sudden, she was awoken from her nightmares by the sound of Cithara weeping. She paused and finally realized what she was doing.

"I'm so sorry, Cithara. I'm so sorry," she uttered with her tears continuously falling.

After a few moments, her vision began to blur, and the world around her seemed to spin.

Aside from that strange feeling, she began to hear noises coming from wild beasts lurking in that woodland.

With all the might remaining from her, she wrapped Cithara around her arms as she felt herself falling towards the ground, feeling helpless.

Before everything blacked out completely, a figure of a man appeared in front of her, frightening away the terrible beasts.

After several moments of quietness, Alfira woke up inside a strange spot with her body laid down on a comfortable wooden bed.

She stretched her arms and combed for her child. However, she didn't find anything lying beside her.

All of a sudden, she saw the figure of the man again, but this time, it was clearer to see.

She saw a man older than her by about forty years, but as an immortal, he still looks like he was only thirty years old.

The man was followed by two other men younger than him. He was clasping a herb while the other two were holding a pitcher and a cup.

"Where... Where am I?" Alfira asked.

"Don't worry, Empress," the man said, "you and your daughter are going to be alright."

"How did you know me?" she asked.

"I'm Alvier," answered the man. "I bet we already met before."

"You're the one who saved us!" Alfira answered.

The two other men came towards her and began to apply oil over her head. Her eyes slowly closed with the soothing feeling of the warm oil.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room came the little Cithara, who was peacefully dozing on a crib. Alvier approached her, frowning. His eyes lowered down.

"Soon enough," he whispered. "Soon enough."

Days passed, and finally, Alfira no longer had a fever. The Derillans living at the Western Lands, who were great healers, took good care of them.

At that time, they were about to go to sleep in their mattresses, Alfira felt the presence of somebody else in the cabin. She went to Cithara's crib, hopping that she was alright. There, she saw her daughter beaming at her.

"Goodnight, my little lorielle (snowflake)," she spoke, letting her lips touch the sweet infant's forehead.

She wrapped the little princess in her arms and began to sing a lullaby.

After a few moments, Cithara finally fell asleep, and she brought her back to the crib. And, with her Liberian magic, she gathered all the happy memories from her mind and turned them into a dream that'll make her daughter have a peaceful slumber.

Little did she know that the enemies were getting closer and closer by the moment.

She was about to exit the room to go to her bedroom when she suddenly lost control. She felt herself falling towards the ground and couldn't move the entirety of her body.

From the corners of the room came the Farisae, the special warriors trained to guard the Emperor, who have come there after knowing the prophecy from the respected Four Wizards. With a magical powder, they made everyone who breathed it in to be paralyzed, including Alfira.

"The princess must die to save the Empress and the land!" one of them spoke as they slowly approached the sleeping infant.

They encircled the poor Cithara, having no mercy inside their hearts.

"Ci-Cithara!" the helpless Alfira called as she tried to move.

They took out their crystals that were forged as bladed stars that were aiming towards Cithara.

When they were about to end the infant's life, a thick smoke arose from the room.

When the smoke disappeared, the infant was gone together with Alfira.

"Search the whole Everdaile and don't stop until you end that evil child's life! Send the word to all the rulers of each tribe and make sure that they cooperate in our plan!!!" Livian's advisor exclaimed.

•○GLOSSARY○•

⚔️Lorielle
- Enchantrian word: Snowflake

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181 30 35
BOOK #1 OF SERIES #1 OF "THE MAGES OF AHALA". --- [UPDATES ON SUNDAY] Believing she's cursed and thus a danger to her world, Ayesha Sinhala finds a...
205K 2.7K 16
Several millennia ago a war raged between the factions of dragonkind. With their world ravaged, the Kaldean Alliance forged the Amulet of Draconic Co...
364K 9.3K 62
#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, it's slowly being edited...
1.3M 72K 116
Born with glowing green eyes. Destined for rotten luck. Peasant girl Meya Hild was "given" the opportunity to become a Lady. At swordpoint. By merce...