Artemis || OUAT

By caler_jo_hyden

"The danger is I'm dangerous... and I just might tear you apart." Astrid is a sarcastic archer who was kidna... More

Prologue
1. Broken
2. We Are Both
3. Lady of the Lake
4. The Doctor
Cast
5. Tallahassee
6. Child of the Moon
7. Into the Deep
8. Queen of Hearts
9. The Accused
10. The Cricket Game
11. The Outsider
12. In The Name Of The Brother
13. Tiny
14. Manhattan
15. The Queen is Dead
16. The Miller's Daughter
17. Welcome to Storybrooke
18. Selfless, Brave, and True
19. Lacey
20. The Evil Queen
21. Second Star to the Right
22. And Straight on 'Till Morning
23. The Heart of the Truest Believer
24. Lost Girl
25. Quite A Common Fairy
26. Nasty Habits
27. Good Form
28. Ariel
29. Dark Hollow
30. Think Lovely Thoughts
31. Astrid's Curse
32. The New Neverland
33. Going Home
34. New York City Serenade
35. Witch Hunt
36. The Tower
37. Quiet Minds
38. It's Not Easy Being Green
39. The Jolly Roger
40. Bleeding Through
41. A Curious Thing
42. Kansas
43. There's No Place Like Home
44. I Love You
45. Remember
46. The End Game
47. Hope
48. White Out
49. Rocky Road
50. The Apprentice
51. Breaking Glass
52. Family Business
53. The Snow Queen
54. Smash the Mirror: Pt.1
55. Smash the Mirror: Pt.2
56. Fall
57. Shattered Sight
58. Heroes and Villains
59. Darkness on the Edge of Town
60. Unforgiven
61. Enter the Dragon
62. Poor Unfortunate Soul
63. Best Laid Plans
64. The Creator
65. Change
66. The Dark Swan
67. The Price
68. Siege Perilous
69. The Broken Kingdom
70. The Bear and the Bow
71. Nimue
72. Birth
73. Broken Heart
74. Swan Song
75. Souls of the Departed
76. Labor of Love
77. Devil's Due
78. The Brothers Jones
79. Our Decay
80. Her Handsome Hero
81. Ruby Slippers
83. Firebird
84. Last Rites
85. Only You
86. An Untold Story
πŸ€” Readers' Choice 😁
87. A Bitter Draught
88. The Other Shoe
89. Strange Case
90. Street Rats
91. Dark Waters
92. Heartless
93. Changelings
94. Wish You Were Here
95. Tougher Than the Rest
96. Murder Most Foul
😍Another Reader's Choice 😁
97. Mother's Little Helper
98. Awake
99. Where Bluebirds Fly
100. The Black Fairy
101. The Song in Your Heart/Final Battle

82. Sisters

647 17 3
By caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid stood in between Emma and David as Emma remarked in slight disbelief, "Zelena is in love?"

Regina nodded, "And not thinking rationally. Which, for her, is a big problem."

Hook stepped forward on Emma's other side, saying, "We have to stop her. If you can't because she's your blood, then allow me to."

Peter spoke up next to the table, his arms folded across his chest, "Well, it's a step in the right direction."

Regina sighed and admitted, "Well, taking action against Zelena in any form will get messy."

"Okay," Astrid spoke up and folded her arms across her chest, "So we find a way to keep them apart." She glanced over at Hook and Peter, "Without killing anyone."

"I'm waiting for the better option," Hook commented.

"So, what's the plan?" Emma questioned, glancing from her twin and then over at the former Evil Queen.

"Well, there's only one person we can trust to destroy the love blooming between Hades and my sister." Regina started.

Astrid caught onto what she was saying and remarked in slight amusement, "Our mother."

Regina nodded, repeating the eighteen year old, "Our mother."

***

Hook had went out for Regina to retrieve Cora where she was being imprisoned.

David was out getting some supplies while Henry had stepped out of the apartment with Emma.

Astrid looked up from the storybook when she heard and saw the door open, "Hey. Where were you?"

Peter closed the door and admitted, "At my brother's shop. Listen, love. He needs my help in protecting his unborn baby and Belle-"

Astrid moved over to him and inquired, "Okay. But what kind of help? Will there be people who gets hurt after this?"

By the way Peter glanced down at the floor, Astrid had her answers.

She moved a hand over his chest where his heart was as he looked at her again, "Peter, no. You can't step back into that darkness."

Peter's eyes softened at his wife and replied, "A, you know I have to. He's my little brother, my family. And like you, I'd do anything for family."

Astrid sighed before she kissed him on the lips, saying, "Just promise me. You'll come back to me. Promise me that if you feel yourself slipping further into the darkness, that you'll come back."

Peter nodded and kissed her forehead, "I promise, Charming." He held her in his arms a little bit longer, "You won't lose me."

Astrid also nodded and replied, "I trust you. Go. Protect them."

Peter smirked and stepped back over to the door and opened it as he glanced behind him at her once more before leaving out of the loft.

Astrid glanced over at a picture of her parents and then thought about Prince James, her uncle.

Astrid waited behind the wall as she saw King George leave out of the room before she entered and now stood a few feet from James.

"Hey, kid," The prince smiled, moving over to her, "What's up?"

Jack remained standing behind the two as they talked.

Astrid moved her hands over the hilts of her swords at her sides and gave him a knowing look, "Are you really going to bloody use that giant? Maybe he could be an ally, a friend?"

Jack spoke up, "We are definitely going through with it. They have a ton of treasure."

Astrid slowly turned around and faced the woman, slightly pointing at her, "You, shut it. I'm talking to him."

James couldn't help but to chuckle at that before he sighed, "A, I haven't decided yet, but my father wants this. And I do have to listen to him."

Astrid folded her arms across her chest and replied, "Look, I know it's only been a few weeks of having known you, but I bloody know there's good in you. Make the right choice. Please."

Astrid was leaned against the counter as she looked at the framed picture of Snow and David in thought when she heard the door open.

"David" or James pretending to be him entered the home with the bag of supplies in one arm.

He stopped in his tracks as he noticed the familiar immortal eighteen year old, "Astrid... Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Astrid assured, "Just thinking about Mom. I hope she's okay without us."

"I'm sure she is," The prince replied as he set the bag on the table just as Emma stepped down the stairs.

"Remember this?" Astrid smiled as she held up the photo to show them.

The prince chuckled and now held the picture, "Birthday, right?"

"Anniversary, I think," Emma spoke up somewhat curiously.

"Oh, right, of course," David commented and sighed, "I'm not thinking straight. Being away from her, it's hard."

Emma placed a reassuring hand on his arm and let out, "I know, I know."

"You two ready?" He nodded while Astrid placed the picture back on the counter.

Emma also nodded and pointed out, "Regina said the rendezvous point with Robin is a half-day's walk through the woods. Sure you have all the supplies from our list?"

"Bottled water, new blanket, and a lot of baby wipes." The prince said, glancing through the bag once he had picked it back up.

"Father of the year," Astrid smiled.

"Just do me a favor," The prince also smiled, "When we get back, don't tell Snow I forgot our anniversary."

"Well, between all of the curses and the time jumps, who could blame you?" Emma defenses his case.

"Yeah, and being away from home, it's tough," Astrid nodded.

"Well, sometimes you have to leave home to find the people you truly belong with." James replied, winking over at the immortal teenager in an 'I got you' kind of wink, "Your real family."

Astrid stopped in her tracks once the other two moved over to the door.

She narrowed her eyes at the choice of words and knew that this wasn't her father but James, his twin and their uncle.

"Come on," Emma nodded and was the first one out of the door while the prince glanced over at Astrid who nodded for him to go ahead.

He smiled and left out of the loft with Astrid right behind the two of them, keeping an eye on her uncle now.

***

"How much further?" The prince asked while Astrid spoke up, "No further. This is where Regina said Robin would meet us."

"Great." The prince pretending to be David remarked, "So what do we do? Rob the rich and hope he shows up?"

Emma glanced at him in confusion, "Uh, no, Robin will just find us."

"In the middle of the woods?" The prince commented just as the three heard a "Hello" from behind them.

The three of them turned around and saw a Robin walk up to them as he carried a car seat that held his baby daughter in it, "Not everyone needs magic to be stealthy. Thanks. Where's Regina?"

"Uh, condensed version?" Emma replied while James handed over the bag.

"Zelena and Hades are on the verge of being the world's worst power couple," Astrid remarked, "Regina's taking care of it."

"I should go. She's gonna need my help." Robin immediately replied.

"No, no, it's okay," Emma assured, "Make sure your daughter is safe. Regina can handle her sister-"

James suddenly placed two magical cuffs on both of his nieces' wrists to block out their magic and aimed a gun at them. "Siblings. They can be a real pain, can't they?"

"Dad, what the hell?" Emma began in shock.

"It's not our dad. It's James." Astrid revealed to her sister, "Long time no see, huh?"

James smirked some at the girl and added, "Cruella gave me some advice. Never face the Savior- and even the Creator- without one of those."

"James..." Emma let out in disbelief, "Where's our dad?"

"Oh, he's locked up in the sheriff's station," James admitted, "I've been trailing him for some time."

Suddenly, the four of them heard a car speed towards them as the vehicle stopped and Cruella stepped out.

"Figured when Snow blew this joint, well, that's my chance," James added.

Cruella walked over to the group, "Why is everything in the woods with you people?" James chuckled at that, "Ugh! Hello, darling. Fabulous job. Mummy's very proud of you, and I'll show you how much later on."

Cruella glanced over at Emma, "First, I need to do something," She punched the said woman in the face, "That's for killing me, darling."

Astrid glared at the black and white haired woman, "What do you bloody want?"

"What I want is out of this dreadful place." Cruella simply said, "And if the Author won't do it for us, I have to think of another way. And there is only one man who can do that for us."

"Hades." Emma realized, "Why would Hades help you?"

"Oh, he wouldn't," Cruella shrugged, "Unless o had the right leverage. Say, like, the child of the woman he loves. Though God knows why. They're terrible things."

"Now, hand her over," James told Robin who protectively moved the car seat holding the baby behind him on the ground.

"Not going to happen, mate," Robin stated while he notched an arrow in his bow quickly and shot James right in the chest.

James didn't flinch and glanced down at the arrow sticking out of his chest before he pulled it out, "Arrows, they can't hurt me."

He aimed the pistol at the said archer and added, "But one pull of this trigger, well, you're not just a visitor in the Underworld."

Astrid swiftly moved in front of her father figure and twin protectively, "I'm already dead, so you can't do anything to me."

"Nor would I, Kid," James sighed.

Cruella smirked and knocked her out from behind, "But I will."

Robin and Emma both held up a half unconscious Astrid now as the two of them glared at the two villains.

***

James now held Emma and a Robin at gun point at the docks, Astrid was laying on the bench unconscious.

The baby was still inside of her carriage that was sitting on top of the car's hood.

"You know, killing us is not gonna help you get out of here, Cruella," Emma pointed out.

"Oh, you're right," Cruella remarked, "But sending you to eternal torment, that's just a juicy bonus."

The two villains were slowly cornering both Emma and Robin closer to the edge of the dock where water with the lost souls streamed behind them.

"I really wish I could say this was gonna be quick and painless, but..." James started but was suddenly punched down by David while Cruella was also punched down by Astrid.

Simultaneously, both Astrid and David remarked in amusement, "How's that for quick?"

Cruella began to inch towards the gun on the ground until Hook picked it up, "I'll take that, love. It's not like you can use it anyway."

The said black and white haired woman ran away behind a post while Emma rushed into Hook's arms, "Killian-"

"It looks like we were just in time." The said pirate nodded.

"Whoo," James chuckled and stood back up as he faced his twin who stood next to Astrid, "That was quite an escape, David. Quite frankly, I didn't think you had it in you."

"The cell in the station was the last place you should've left me." David remarked, "You don't think I know how to break out of my own jail?"

"Yeah, I may have shown him a few flaws in that cell to escape," Astrid also remarked in slight amusement.

David held out a protective gesture in front of Astrid, silently telling her to don't do anything stupid.

"So what? Now you can swoop in and play hero?" The prince began, glancing over at Astrid and back at his brother, "Astrid, step back. This is between me and him."

Astrid reluctantly stepped back, moving over onto Hook's other side as the pirate glanced at her in slight concern.

"That's up to you, James," David replied, "Neither one of us wanted to go through what we did. I was angry about it, too. But it doesn't mean it has to end this way. We're family. I can help you move on. And I can help you find some peace."

James nodded, "Yes," He pointed at him, "Yes, you can. Because killing you is my unfinished business..." He glanced over at Astrid and back at his twin, "She was my family, and you had to take that as well."

Janes then attacked David who deflected his moves, the two now fighting fluidly, while Hook removed both Emma's and Astrid's cuffs.

James slung David into some wood as the shepherd was now on his knees.

The two sisters shared a concerned look and held their hands up at James, letting out, "Dad!"

David held up a hand at his daughters, "Emma, Astrid! I've got this."

James smirked and kicked his side until David punched him and dodged his hit.

James now was on the ground after a few more hits as Cruella whispered yelled his way, "Jimmy! Jimmy!"

The prince sighed and withdrew a knife from where he had it hidden in his boot.

Astrid widened her eyes and appeared in front of her father and now faced her uncle, "James, wait."

"Astrid, get out of the way," Both James and David told the immortal eighteen year old who stubbornly remained where she stood in between them.

"Look, I know we left things in a bad way, but I bloody know there's good in you." Astrid started, "I've always seen it. I still see it. If there wasn't... you wouldn't care about me, but you do. You always did. So, I'm begging you. Make the right choice this time. Please."

James lowered his knife after he had stood up and stepped closer to the girl, "Why? How can you see good in me, especially what I've done?"

"Because those things was in the past, and you and I-- We are family." Astrid answered, "And I know you don't want to let me down, right, Uncle James?"

James softly chuckled, a certain gleam in his blue eyes now, as he then hugged her, moving one hand on the back of her head.

The said prince nodded, "You're right," He now held her back in arms length with one hand, "I don't want to let you down again, Kid."

David watched the two interact in front of him slightly curiously before he started reluctantly, "So... truce, James?"

James sighed, "Truce."

Robin rushed over to his baby and now held her in his arms as Hook asked him, "The baby okay?"

"Yes," Robin nodded, comforting his baby daughter, "Yes, she's fine."

"Despite everything, you are my brother," David told James who nodded, the two hugging briefly.

James stepped back and glanced over at Astrid again, saying, "I think it's time for me to move on. Thank you, Kid, for believing in me."

Astrid smiled and watched the prince brightly glow and then disappear, having moved onto a better place.

David moved a fatherly arm around Astrid's shoulders and pulled her close, "And thank you for helping bring us together as brothers in the end, A. That means a lot."

Astrid nodded, "He finally made the right choice. That's all I wanted-- for him to see the good like I see. I am going to miss him, but at least this goodbye was better than the last time."

***

Cora stood in front of Regina and Zelena as she stood on the stone path towards the afterlife, "How did this work with your father?"

"He just crossed the bridge," Regina began, "And it took him to where he belonged. Into the light."

Zelena glanced over at her sister, her eyes watery, "Will that work for her?"

"Whatever my fate is," Cora sighed, "I deserve it."

"Mother, you don't have to-" Regina started as their mother faced them and assured, "I can face it."

Cora looked between her two daughters, tears in her eyes, "Knowing I brought the two of you together, that's all the peace I need. I just wish Astrid could be here, too. She's also my daughter."

Regina's voice broke as she let out, "Mother-" Suddenly, Astrid appeared in between them, "You felt this, didn't you, A?"

Astrid nodded, her eyes watery some, "Aye."

Cora smiled at the girl and continued, "Just promise me you'll hold onto each other. All three of you." She glanced at Regina and Astrid, "In the real Storybrooke, when I died, we never got the chance to say goodbye."

She hugged both Astrid and Regina who watched her in tears but nodded.

Cora faced Zelena and smiled, still in tears, "We never even got to say hello." She hugged her firstborn who also held tears in her eyes.

Astrid held both Regina's and Zelena's hands in hers in reassurance while Cora took Zelena's and Regina's other hands in hers, saying, "I love you three."

Astrid squeezes her two adopted sisters' hands in hers as they watched Cora turn and face the edge again and wiped her face with her hands.

Cora walked over to the edge just a some flames swept up and circled around her before revealing a bright light in front of her.

Cora faced her three daughters again and smiled, laughing in relief some, before walking into the light and disappearing.

Zelena faced the two ladies next to her, saying, "I've waited my whole life to have a mother, and now she's gone."

"Oh, it's okay, it's okay," Regina softly assured, now sharing a knowing look with Astrid, "I think... We think you have another love to find."

"What are you saying?" Zelena began.

"Hades. Go to him." Astrid spoke up with a small sigh but nodded slowly.

"You two trust me?" The Wicked Witch started.

"Maybe you can change him, too," Regina added.

Zelena smiled, "Thank you, Regina, Astrid." The three of them hugged one another then.

***

"It would appear love is blooming," Gold spoke up as he appeared behind Zelena outside of Granny's as she faced him. "And here was me thinking nothing bloomed in the Underworld."

"What do you want?" Zelena impatiently asked him.

"Came to see a woman about a curse," Gold answered her, "A pesky sleeping curse, which you gave to my wife."

"If Belle preferred eternal slumber to one more moment with you, that's hardly my fault," Zelena remarked, "I'd say her judgment is improving."

"See, thing is, I don't think she would've come to that decision on her own," Gold continued, "I think you saw an opportunity and you took advantage. Much like I'm doing now."

Zelena scoffed, "You can't hurt me. We made a deal, remember?"

"Oh, I do," Gold smirked, "Funny thing is, I have another deal on the table. One I hadn't considered taking until you did what you did to Belle."

Peter and Malcolm suddenly stepped onto both sides of Gold as Zelena took a small wary step backwards, "Who's this?"

"I'm sure you remember my brother, Peter Pan," Gold replied as Zelena slowly nodded, "And they're what I like to call a loophole. Zelena, meet our father. Malcolm."

The said older man smirked, starting, "I hear you're wicked-"

"Well, we're much worse." Peter finished and swiftly placed a bag over her head.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 3.5K 63
Lilith Jones, the twin sister to the infamous Captain Hook, arrives in Storybrooke in search of her brother. They haven't seen each other in a long t...
242K 5.2K 37
"Nothing is worth destroying yourself over, but if you are going to destroy yourself, make sure it is for something spectacular, make sure it is for...
107K 2.1K 66
Luna Woods - Thief, Killer, Monster Peter Pan - Thief, Killer, Monster So alike, yet so different ***** "You can't kill me." "Are yo...
63 3 1
Lilith swan a young independent sassy woman come across with her older sister Emma swan and Henry appeared and brought them to storybrooke where fair...