Demon King

By rah_ina

"What do you want Scarlett?" he asks and leaves small kisses on my neck. "I won't be able to do anything unle... More

Prologue [EDITED]
Chapter one-Red Envelopes and New Substitute [EDITED]
Chapter three- Detention and Unexpected People [EDITED]
Chapter four- Memories [EDITED]
Chapter five- Rash Decisions and Consequences [EDITED]
Chapter Six- Sleepovers and Weird Gifts [EDITED]
Chapter Seven- Strange Behaviours [EDITED]
Chapter Eight- Suspects and Grocery Store [EDITED]
Chapter Nine- Deal with the Devil [EDITED]
Chapter Ten- Silhouettes and Guilt [EDITED]
Chapter Eleven- Cliche and Chad [EDITED]
Chapter Twelve - Bipolar Asshole And Strange Rooms [EDITED]
Chapter Thirteen - Stupid Decisions [EDITED]
Chapter Fourteen- Demon King [EDITED]
Chapter Fifteen - Fun With Chad [EDITED]
Chapter Sixteen - In Hell and Rejected [EDITED]
Author's Note
Chapter Seventeen - Dark Watchers [EDITED]
Chapter Eighteen - Knowing Myself [EDITED]
Chapter Nineteen - I like Him [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty -Giving Myself To Him [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty- One - Heartbreak [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty Two- Pregnant? [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty-Three - Dead Baby [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty-Four - New-found Plan [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty-Five - No Emotion [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty-Six Recruiting An Army [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty-Seven -More Surprises [EDITED]
Not An Update
Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Truth [EDITED]
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Drowning [EDITED]
Chapter Thirty - Regret [EDITED]
Chapter Thirty-One - Attack [EDITED]
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Authors Note, again
Chapter Thirty-Two - Attacked [EDITED]
Chapter Thirty-Three Attacked 2 [EDITED]
Chapter Thirty-Four - Can't Get Enough [EDITED]

Chapter two- Intruders and Missing Underwear [EDITED]

1.6K 53 12
By rah_ina

Scarlett's POV

OK OK, so someone was in my home. In my room, with my underwear in sight. Oh fuck this is so embarrassing. The intruder probably think I'm some disorganised girl with no social life whatsoever.

Now I'm guessing you are wondering why I'm so bothered about the fact that an intruder saw my underwear, and not bothered by the fact that some creepy psycho is running around in my house. Well you see, I checked, and everything is just as it was before I left for school. Nothing has been taken, and there's no one here.

Sigh, I might as well arrange the room now.

I pick my underwear and go to stuff it with the rest only to find half of them gone.

What the fuck?! Where did half my underwear go?! Don't tell me the intruder stole my underwear. What the hell is using them for anyway? Ugggg this is frustrating and stupid. But on the bright side, I did get a puppy. I've always wanted one but Mum and Dad said I wouldn't take care of it so they never got me one.

Max sits beside my feet with his head tilted looking at me. I guess he's hungry.

"Come here boy. Let's get you fed" I say and pick him up and head to the kitchen to feed him.

I look for a bowl and fill it with last night's leftover and fill another bowl with water. I don't even know if he will like it but that's all I have for now. I set them down on the floor and he sniffs it for a while before he starts to eat.

I leave the kitchen and go to my room to study because I don't have work today and I have a test tomorrow. A couple of minutes into reading all about the theories that dead people made, and my eyes start to close. I close my textbook and let sleep take over my body.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I wake up to the sound of the front door being opened and I sit up and grab my baseball bat on the floor and quietly open my door. I hear footsteps in the kitchen so I head there with my bat in the air, ready to swing down on the intruder. I peek from the wall of the kitchen and see two people in the kitchen, a man and a woman, with their backs facing me.

Perfect.

The man is busy rummaging through the fridge and the woman is looking in the cupboards.

This is great. It will be quick. I can just hurt them and call for help.

With that thought in mind, I enter the kitchen with a war cry and start blindly hitting the person closest to me, which just happens to be the person rummaging through the fridge.

"Oh my god Scarlett. What at you doing?! Stop!! That's your dad" the woman shouts and I open my eyes to see my dad halfway into the fridge with his eyes wide open.

"Whoops. Sorry dad" I say and drop the bat.

My mum rushes to my dad's side and inspects him for any injuries.

"Are you hurt?" she asks, even though it's obvious my dad is OK.

"Yes honey I'm good. Just a little startled. Luckily I turned right in time, otherwise i would've become a human piñata" he says and smiles at me.

"You need to be careful with that thing Scar. You could have hurt him, or with yourself" my mum says and I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on Mum, I am not a kid." I say

"I know Scar. But you need to be careful" she says.

"Yes ma'am" I say, wanting to end this conversation already.

"Go upstairs and rest, I'll call you when dinner is ready" she says.

I turn back around and nearly break my neck when I trip over the baseball bat I left on the floor but I catch myself in time.

"Oh my god Scarlett! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? I told you to be careful but you never listen. No one ever listens to me" my mum says and I roll my eyes. She's so dramatic sometimes.

"I'm fine mum geez" I say and pick up the bat and head upstairs. I drop the baseball bat at the foot of my bed and kick it under my bed and climb into bed. I close my eyes and before I know it, I'm drifting into sleep again.

I wake up in the middle of the night to someone stroking my hair. I look to my side and see the shadow of a man leaning over my bed. I turn on the lamp and there's no one there.

I could have sworn I saw someone there.

I brush it off and take a new alarm clock from my bedside drawer and set it for tomorrow. I turn off the lamp and go back to sleep.

I wake up the next morning to the sound of my new alarm going off.

Fuck this one is even louder than the first one.

I pick it up and yes, you guessed it, throw it against the wall, smashing it into pieces.

Well, there goes another one. Sigh, I might as well get ready for school.

I shower and perform all my morning activities and dress for another day of hell, I mean high school. I pass my parents room and notice they're still sleeping. I go back to my room and write a note telling them I was going to school and that I'll be back in time for dinner. I go back to their room and leave the note on the dresser. Speaking of dinner, I slept through it yesterday. Hopefully my mum left some for me. I open the fridge and there it is, my beautiful baby, wrapped in shining foil. I take the plate filled with mac and cheese and heat it up in the microwave. While I wait for the timer to stop, I fill up two bowls, one with water and one with the remaining mac and cheese in the fridge, and set it down for Max. The microwave dings and I take my food out and gobble it up. I check my phone and see I'm going to be late if I don't start moving now. I grab my car keys and drive off. I groan when I realise I have a test I wasn't prepared fo.r

Sigh, could this get any worse?

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Turns out it could. Cause I was once again, late for Mr Xavier's class.

"Late again miss Anderson" he says.

"I'm so sorry Sir. I lost track of time" I say.

"Detention. After school. Make sure you are not late to this too" he says and some students snicker at that.

I slightly bow my head, causing my hair to form a curtain around my face and walk to my seat. I see Ryan trying to hide his laugh and I glare at him and decide to ignore him. An hour and a half later, the class ends and I pack my things and head to my next class.

"So what happened this time Scar?" Ryan asks as he walks beside me but I ignore him and continue walking to my next class.

"Oh come on Scar. Don't tell me you are mad because of that" he says and I once again ignore him and keep walking.

"If you don't start talking I'm going to do something that will embarrass you more" he says but I keep walking

"OK then, you asked for it" he says and I turn around to look at him.

He wouldn't right? He wouldn't dare_

My thoughts are interrupted when I see Ryan get on his knees in the middle of the hallway with his face in his hands.

What the fuck is he doing? Is he crying?

"Scarlett please don't do this to me. Why don't you want me anymore? Think about the kids. I've been with you since we were kids and I've loved you since. Please don't tear us apart" he says and my eyes widen.

People around stop and starts gossiping. I quickly rush to him and raise his head only to see he was never crying.

That jerk!!

"Now that I've got your attention, what's up?" he says and I glare at him.

"Seriously? Was that really necessary?" I ask.

"Hey don't look at me like that, I did warn you" he says with his hands up and I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever. Let's just go to class" I say with a shake of my head and a smile on my face.

We get to class and the day goes by boring as usual. When the final bell rings, I jump out of my seat and fist bump the air. All the students, and even Miss Jones, my literature teacher, chuckles. I sit back down with a sheepish smile and pack my things into my bag. I get up and nearly fall over because of how heavy my bag is. I decide to walk to my locker to put some of the books in to reduce the weight of the bag. I see Ryan standing there talking to some girl. When I reach there, he nods and continues talking to the mystery girl. I put in my locker combination and when I open it a red envelope falls out.

Oh come on, not this again.

I quickly shove it into my bag and put some books in the locker. Just as I shut my locker, I hear him say goodbye to the girl. I look at him trying to keep the smile off my face but fail. He rolls lose his eyes and starts walking. I follow him, the smile still on my face.

"Okay Anderson, what's with the creepy smile. You are starting to look like Pennywise and it is creepy" he says and the smile drops from my face and I punch him in the arm.

"Ouch woman. What was that for?" he cries and my smile returns.

"So, who was she?" I ask, smile still in tact.

"Who was who?" he asks looking confused.

"The girl by the locker" I say

"Oh you mean Judith?" he asks

"Yes, her" I say.

"She's in my class. She just wanted me to tutor her" he says.

We keep walking till we get to the entrance.

"Alright I'll see you tomorrow. And please, try not to be late to Mr Xavier class again" he says and my eyes widen.

Shit, shit, shit

"What's wrong?" Ryan asks

"I've got detention today with Mr Xavier" I say and with that I ran back into the school.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Soooo what do you guys think?
Let me know in the comments and don't be shy to point out any mistake.
And also vote😊

XOXO

Rahina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 420 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
417K 13.5K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...
2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
364K 10.5K 60
~Mature content~ "What the hell did you do to me?" His growl sends a shiver down my spine. The room suddenly becomes so much smaller as I fight a lo...