Blazing: An Avatar AU

By demonicxchaos

(Y/N)'s life up until now hasn't been easy. I mean high school, am I right? That's never easy. Loaded with cl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
A/N

Chapter Fifty-Five

2.5K 107 123
By demonicxchaos

Zuko fell asleep on my lap. I stared into the distance letting the cool breeze hit my face. 

I heard something shift and then I looked to the side. 

Toph had jumped out of her tent and a rumbling sound shook the area where we were sleeping. Zuko rubbed his eyes and got up. I stood up after him. 

Katara, Sokka, and Suki woke up as well. 

"What's happening?" I asked as a ring of fire surrounded us. 

"I don't know," Katara replied. 

"Well, look who's here!" I heard someone snort and chuckle. I looked up to see a bunch of old men looking down at us. 

Katara and Sokka, however, looked very pleased to see these people.

The old men slid down to meet us. 

"What's going on?" Toph asked, "We're surrounded by old people."

"Not just any old people," Katara approached one of the old men, "These are great masters and friends of ours," She bowed to the man, "Pakku."

That man (Pakku) bowed back,  "It is respectful to bow to an old master," he lifted his head and extended his arms, "but how about a hug for your new grandfather?"

Katara and Sokka caught up with Pakku and introduced us to more of the old men: Piandao (who I knew), Jeong Jeong (Aang's first firebending teacher), Pakku (obviously I just mentioned him), and Bumi (King of Omashu).

"So wait. How do you all know each other?" Suki asked. 

"All old people know each other. Don't you know that?" Bumi snorted and laughed. 

"We're all part of the same ancient secret society. A group that transcends the divisions of the four nations," Piandao said. 

"The Order of the White Lotus," Zuko and I said at the same time. 

"That's the one," Bumi giggled. 

I think that man might be insane. 

"The White Lotus has always been about philosophy and beauty and truth. But about a month ago, a call went out that we were needed for something important," Jeong Jeong said. 

"It came from a Grand Lotus: your uncle," Piandao turned to Zuko, "Iroh of the Fire Nation."

"I love that man," I said.

Zuko smiled. 

"Well, that's who we're looking for,"  Toph said. 

"Then we'll take you to him," Piandao said.

We turned around and started to walk, but Bumi stopped us, "Wait! Someone's missing from your group. Someone very important."

"Yeah," I started to say, "Aang-"

"Where's Momo?" Bumi interrupted me. 

Oh. Not where I thought he was going with that one. 

"He's gone," Sokka said, "And so is Aang."

"Oh well," Bumi patted Sokka's chest, "So long as they have each other, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. Let's go!"

Zuko looked at me and we both laughed. 

***

After some time, we finally arrived at the campsite for the Order of the White Lotus. 

"Well, here we are. Welcome to Old People Camp," Bumi said.

Zuko looked around for Iroh, "Where ... where is he?"

"Your uncle's in there, Prince Zuko," Piandao pointed to a really big tent. 

Zuko and I walked to the tent. Zuko pondered for a moment then turned away. Then he turned back again. 

Needless to say, I think he was freaking out. 

Zuko sat down and put his head in his lap.

"Hey," I knelt and sat next to him, putting a hand on his back, "What's wrong?"

"My uncle hates me, I know it. He loved and supported me in every way he could, and I still turned against him. How can I even face him?"

I let out a laugh. 

Zuko looked up at me in disbelief, "How could you laugh at something like this?"

"Zuko," I smiled, "You really think that Iroh has it in him to hate you?" I giggled, "You could throw him off a cliff and he would still come back to you. That man, he knows what fatherly love is, and he's provided you with it for years. He would never hate you. You need to suck it up, and go in that tent."

"(Y/N)..."

I got up and held out a hand, offering to help Zuko up. 

He took my hand and stood up. 

"Will..." Zuko sighed, "Will you come with me?"

"No," I said. 

"What? But, (Y/N)-"

I cut him off, kissing him. He melted into the kiss. 

"This is for you to do, alone," I said, pulling away. 

Zuko nodded and headed into the tent. I took my phone out of my pocket and played some games, waiting for Zuko to be done.

After some time I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me into the tent, "H-hey! What gives?"

Iroh smiled at me, "(Y/N), group hugs aren't the same without you."

Zuko and Iroh pulled me in for a hug. 

"So," Iroh said, "Are you guys together?"

"What? No..." I said. 

"If you wanted me to believe that," Iroh smiled, "You should have worn a scarf," he turned to Zuko, "Both of you."

Zuko's face turned red and mine followed. 

Iroh chuckled and patted us on the back, "I've been waiting for this day since you guys first became my students. I mean it was obvious you guys liked each other."

Zuko looked at me, "Love is a better word."

I felt my face heat up. 

***

We all gathered around a campfire so we could tell Iroh our plans. 

"Uncle, you're the only person other than the Avatar who can possibly defeat the Father Lord," Zuko said. 

Toph looked confused, "You mean the Fire Lord."

"That's what I said," Zuko said angrily, then he turned to his uncle, "We need you to come with us!"

"No, Zuko, it won't turn out well," Iroh said.

"You can beat him! And we'll be there to help," Zuko said. 

I nodded, "Come on, Iroh."

"No, Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see it as just more senseless violence, a brother killing a brother to grab power. The only way for this war to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord," Iroh said. 

"And then... then you would come and take your rightful place on the throne?" Zuko asked. 

"No. Someone new must take the throne. An idealist with a pure heart and unquestionable honor. It has to be you, Prince Zuko," Iroh said.

Zuko looked away, "Unquestionable honor? But I've made so many mistakes."

I put my hand on his chest and Zuko turned to me.

I looked him in the eyes, "It's your mistakes that prove you have honor, Zuko."

Iroh nodded, "You restored your own honor, and only you can restore the honor of the Fire Nation."

"I'll try, Uncle," Zuko said, but he kept his eyes on me.

"Well, what if Aang doesn't come back?" Toph asked. 

"Sozin's Comet is arriving, and our destinies are upon us. Aang will face the Fire Lord. When I was a boy, I had a vision that I would one day take Ba Sing Se. Only now do I see that my destiny is to take it back from the Fire Nation, so the Earth Kingdom can be free again," Iroh said. 

I pulled away from Zuko and turned to the group, "We're going to kick some Fire Nation ass."

"Yeah," Toph punched the air.

"Zuko, you must return to the Fire Nation, so that when the Fire Lord falls, you can assume the throne and restore peace and order, " Iroh turned to his nephew, "But Azula will be there, waiting for you."

Zuko looked determined, "I can handle Azula."

"Not alone!" Iroh said, "You need-"

"I know," Zuko wrapped a hand around my waist, "We can handle Azula."

Sokka, Katara, Suki, and Toph got a plane from the Order of the White Lotus and Zuko and I took Appa. 

Before we left I ran up to Katara, "Kat!" I hugged her, "Good luck."

She smiled, "I'll see you on the other side?"

"Of course," I turned away and held my phone in the air, "Text me!"

Zuko and I got on Appa.

And so the Final Battle begins. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 184 13
(Y/N) is a young Earthbender and orphan who lives in Gaoling. He was dumped by his parents when he was a baby, and he was taken in by a kind old woma...
80.5K 2.5K 16
DISCONTINUED **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚🔥˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
778K 19.6K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
24.7K 815 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...