Random Play

By rosieposeydiditagain

"RELATIONSHIP" was never in their vocabulary. Both just enjoying their time at college. Never even knowing th... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42

27

4.7K 105 50
By rosieposeydiditagain

Chapter 27 - Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi

Jennie had been called to the editor in chief's office right after their trip to Thailand.

Before meeting with the boss, she thought she'll be fired because of her last encounter with mr. ADOC.

Maybe screwing with someone while on a company trip is deemed unprofessional, no?

But it was their free time. Jennie thought. But all her nervousness got taken away when she entered the boss's office and was greeted with a smile.

Jennie's POV

Fuck. I could've answer mr. ADOC back with sheer politeness but I snapped the fuck back because my sexy time with Lisa was interrupted.

Whatever. If I get fired, I'll fly to LA and come what may.

I knocked on the smooth wooden door of our boss's office. I heard his baritone voice.

"Come in."

I peeked my head inside and there I saw our editor in chief with glasses on his face as he was sorting some papers on his big desk.

"You called for me, sir?" I asked and tried to smile a little unbeknownst to my nervous cracked self.

"Oh, Jennie. Come in, come in. Yes. I had you called." He ushered me to take a seat in front of his table.

I sat and waited for him to tell me what he wants. Hands on my lap trying to steady them as much as I can.

"So Jennie, I've heard what you did in Thailand." He said taking off his glasses and putting all of his attention to me.

What I did? Oh my god. I should be ashamed.

"I'm sorry, sir. I won't do it again. I promise. It's just that -." I was cut of when he raised his hand.

"What are you sorry about? I am glad you insisted to be on that trip and saved the shoot because of the clothes you let our model borrow. Mr. Hong told me."

Mr. Hong? Who the fuck? Okayyy. Shit yes. Mr. Hong Seok-Cheon. Mr. ADOC.

Maybe he has some heart after all. I mean maybe memorizing people's name isn't his forte.

"Oh.. that."

"Where you talking about something else?"

"No. No, sir. I'm sorry. I might've been spacing out. The flight had me a little tired."

My summer in LA included some therapy for my flight anxiety. I have improved a little compared to before, but I'm still overcoming it.

"Okay then, continue to have this performance and I might write you a good recommendation."

"Sir, that would be great! Thank you very much!"

"Just keep up your work. You may resume what you're doing now."

"Of course, sir. Thank you, sir." I bowed before going out.

That afternoon, I might've gotten Mr. Hong a cup of coffee and a slice of cake from the café near our office. And he actually called me by my name.

🔀▶️

Present

To make the story short, I finished my internship with Vogue Korea with flying colors. The editor in chief giving me a good recommendation letter.

I am now doing a last touch up before I go to our college's graduation ball. I invited Jisoo unnie with me, cause I have no plus one.

It's been quite a while since Thailand. After my stay there and some texts to Lisa saying my flight went well, nothing really happened after.

Maybe that's how everything's supposed to be. What happened back in Thailand is like my closure to Lisa.

At least we both know that we love each other. Continuing our story is another thing.

By now, I am just looking forward to what my career would be.

And I just hope that wherever and whatever Lisa is doing now, I hope she's better and happy.

I smiled as I grabbed my cousin to my car.

"Aish, Jendeuk. What took you so long? And now you're dragging me so we won't be late."

"I'm sorry, unnie. Hahaha."

We arrived at the newly opened bar, Stocatto's.

It is a bar that has a stage for live bands and performers throughout the night. The place has this cocktail tables scattered in the middle a huge modern bar with led lights and some booths on the sides. There's also a dance floor for those who wants to jam with the band upfront.

It also has an upstairs loft like setting with black railings where you can watch the band below or see through the people downstairs.

It was a cool place to hang out. Club Poison is just for the college students, and now that we're graduates, we wanted a new place to make memories with.

Yes, our college had rented the place. CDF is always popular for the graduation parties we always held.

Like now, the people are jam packed. Our class only has like fifty students. Some are plus ones from my classmates and some might be from other colleges who successfully gate crashed.

I roamed my eyes around and saw my girls on a cocktail table laughing. I made my way to them tugging my beloved cousin behind me.

"Jennie!!" Irene yelled as she sees me.

Why the hell is she yelling? I looked over to Seulgi who just had her hand gesturing to cut it on her neck.

"Irene, you're having some kind of energy tonight, yeah?"

"Bitch! I will miss you. And I know you won't be drinking tonight so I decided to take some of your shots earlier."

My best friend is drunk. And I love seeing it. She's getting a bit loose.

"I'll miss you too. But you know you can always visit me right?" I hugged her sideways.

A waiter approached our table and gave us some tequila shots. Since I wasn't having some, Jisoo will take care of my shot and I'm drinking some mocktail.

But before the girls even touched their shot glasses, Rosé has already downed three shots.

"Woah, slow down girl." Jisoo said.

"The night is young, might as well get more of what I can get." Rosé responded as she took a champagne glass from a roaming waiter and went off to the crowd listening to the live band.

"Well, that's weird." Joy said brows meeting in the middle.

Our eyes followed Rosé as she gulped down the champagne and continued dancing with the people around her. Drunkenly might I add.

I wonder what's up with her? She never dances with people like that. I mean yes she does but only with us friends and back with Lisa then.

"I'll check on her." Jisoo left us and went to get Rosé.

But it looks like she won't budge.

I let Jisoo unnie handle Rosé and I'd used my remaining time here to catch up with the girls as well as my other classmates.

The girls ushered us upstairs to take a look of the band from up here. But then decided to go inside one of the VIP rooms and just lounge inside for some privacy.

My mind still wanders off to my cousin and what the hell is Rosé doing now. I hope she had sober up.

Being the one not intoxicated by the alcohol inside the room got me bored while everyone was getting bubbly and giggly.

I scrolled through my phone, and no matter how much I deny to myself, my thumbs still find a way to type out Lisa's Instagram username.

Nope. I still haven't followed her yet. And yes, I still stalk her at night when I can't sleep.

There wasn't any post the latest was from last week with this same girl that tagged Lisa when I met Rosé back in Hongdae.

Maybe she had moved on and is better now. I know I said I'd be fine with Lisa meeting someone else during the time she needed to find herself, but it still hurts you know?

Friends don't pose for pictures like that. I mean. They're just way too close.

I exited from Lisa's page and decided to just look into my followings' stories.

There caught on a story was Rosie's drunk dancing earlier. Then, there's another one.

A bare feet Rosé sitting on a stool in front of the crowd here at Stocatto's.

"What the fuck?" I muttered out loud.

"What? Why?" Startled, Somi asked.

"Come on guys. Rosé is really drunk and needs to go home now."

They all followed me outside the room and onto the railings.

There we saw live, Rosé singing like an angel. Drunk but her voice and tone is still on point.

I can see Jisoo unnie staying beside her waiting for her to finish singing not able to do anything.

"Is she bare feet?" Seulgi asked.

"Hell, yeah." Joy said.

But now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I can feel the hurt in Rosie's voice. I wonder what's she's going through? I should've been a better friend and asked about how she's doing.

It wasn't just me that Lisa left, she was also left behind. At least I've gotten some closure with her. Rosé didn't.

Just as Rosé finished the song, I was about to go down but my eyes caught someone familiar trying to help the now sobbing Rosé.

Jisoo is trying to help her up too, but it seemed like Rosé chose to be helped by this particular girl.

Lisa.

She's back. She came back. But it is Rosé she first came for. Acting like her knight and shining armor saving her from further drunken embarrassment.

Has Lisa sorted herself now? During the time of her healing, did she realized that she wanted to work it out with Rosé?

I didn't even got a single text from her that she's back.

I went downstairs and was met by a fuming Jisoo.

"Unnie?" I asked confused.

I wanted to go near Rosé to see if she's doing fine. And Lisa too. To know better I go if she'd chosen Rosé again.

But Jisoo unnie just grabbed my arm and hurriedly went towards the exit.

"Unnie, Lisa's back. I need to talk to her." I can still feel that she had been upset.

Was she upset that she has to take care of drunk Rosé?

"Jennie, auntie texted me already. We need to head to the airport now. You'll miss your flight."

I looked at my watch and I saw the time. Yes, in an hour, mom and I will be boarding the plane back to LA. And it will take thirty minutes to go to the airport.

Fuck. If only Lisa had gotten earlier at Stocatto's.

I went inside my car and started the engine with a heavy heart. I looked back to the bar and drove away.

I haven't even hugged my friends goodbye.

🔀▶️

Lisa's POV

I was waiting at the parking lot of Stocatto's. CFD's annual graduation party was always popular that's why I've tracked this new place.

I landed earlier. I decided not to go inside and just wait for a single person.

Jennie.

Yes. I'm ready for Jennie. For her love. For us.

I can feel how nervous I am in meeting Jennie again. So to distract myself, I whipped up my phone and scroll through Instagram.

There I saw stories from people I follow. Some video inside the bar.

Wait. Was that Rosé? I re-watched the story and there I saw Rosé dancing looking drunk.

Oh, Roseanne. What are you doing? You'll definitely regret this tomorrow when you see the updates.

I shook my head at how careless my best friend is tonight.

Oh, yes. I also need to talk to her after I talk to Jennie. I've been a very bad friend.

I was just about to just shrug Rosie's drunk dancing when I saw another story update and this time, Rosé is singing.

Her voice still soothes me. She has the softest voice you'll ever hear. But can also make you feel the emotion of the song.

I feel her hurting. Why was she hurting? Did something happen? I saw tears already escaped her eyes.

Why is no one trying to get her? She's clearly drunk and is breaking down.

If nobody will take care of her, I'll take her home.

I went inside the bar. Rosé has just finished the song and I went straight to her, dodging people's body.

Jisoo was trying to hold her up. But she's bawling.

"I'm sorry, Lisa. Please. I'm sorry."

Wait. Was she crying because of me?

"Rosé." I said as I approached Jisoo and Rosé.

I've gotten Rosie's attention.

"Lisa." She said as she removed herself from Jisoo and hugged me. I caught her weight.

"I'll take her home." Jisoo said.

"No, I've got her." I said. I lifted Rosé up bridal style.

"Wait. You just appeared out of nowhere and you're taking her home? After you left her without any explanation?"

"She wants me to take her home. I'm taking her."

This is the least I can do.

Jisoo doesn't looked convinced but had let me take care of Rosé and left without saying a word.

I went to the rest room and placed Rosé on the counter. I took some hand towels placed inside the restroom and wet them with water.

I then patted Rosie's face with it. Her nape and neck. Trying to sober her up somehow.

But to no avail. She's still drunk and crying.

"I'm sorry, Lisa." She keeps on mumbling.

"You don't have to be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong." I said as I comfort her.

"But I cheated." She drunkenly insisted.

Is this still what it's about? God, I should've reached out to her and told her it wasn't really her fault. I was a part of it. I've made her do it somehow.

"Sshh, now. Don't think that anymore okay? Let's go." I carried her again.

This time I went back to the parking lot back to my rental car. I placed Rosé inside the car and buckled her up.

I went back to the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Do you still leave in the same apartment duplex, Chipmunk?"

"Uh-huh." She said half awake.

We were driving half way through her apartment when she suddenly bolted up that startled me.

"Holy crap, Lisa! I'm sorry!"

"Shit, Rosé don't scare me like that! I told you, you don't have to be sorry."

"No, you don't understand. I'm sorry. You're back for Jennie right?"

She asked. She always knew. Always knew my feelings towards Jennie. Always knew it better than I can even acknowledge them myself.

"Y-yes." I shyly said. This is the first time I am admitting it to her.

"You finally admitted, babo."

"I'm sorry, Rosé."

"Girl, you need to turn around." I glanced at her her eyes were closed and her head was perched near the window.

"What? Why?" I asked confused.

"I told you, I'm sorry. Don't hate me again. Turn around. Jennie's flying to LA tonight."

I suddenly stepped on the break that had the tires screeching.

"Shit. What time is her flight?"

"I don't know. All I know is that it's tonight. They're probably in the airport now."

I turned the car around and stepped on the gas. I need to get to Jennie. I need to talk to her before she leaves.

I need to tell her I will pursue her now. Shit.

"Fuck, Lisa. I think I'm gonna be sick. Slow down a little."

I freed the gas a little so Rosé won't be sick. God, why of all times does this have to happen?

"Roseanne, I swear to God."

"I told you don't hate m-."

She'd done it.

"Rosie!" I can feel the stinging of my eyes as tears form. I rolled the windows down to let the smell out.

"I really am sorry, Lis."

I'll clean that up tomorrow. And Rosé later. I just need to reach Incheon Airport right now.

🔀▶️

Incheon Aiport

"Jisoo!" I shout as I saw Jisoo went to take a car in the airport parking.

Did she just rolled her eyes at me?

Is she annoyed at me? I am really that terrible? I sure happen to annoy a lot of people.

"Jisoo unnie. Has Jennie?"

"They've boarded already."

"Shit." I grabbed my head not knowing what to do.

Where the fuck is my phone?

"Wait, is that Chaeng? Oh my god. You smell."

🔀▶️

Earlier at Incheon Airport

"Jennie, we need to go now." Jennie's mom tried to usher her towards the boarding area.

"Two minutes, mom?" Jennie's face was begging and a little hopeful.

Hopeful that Lisa might come any second.

"Attention to all passengers from flight —— bound to Los Angeles. Kindly proceed now to the boarding area. This is your last call for boarding."

The overhead speakers announced the last boarding of their flight.

Jennie sighed and grab her mom's waiting hand. Maybe she wasn't really back for me.

🔀▶️

Lisa's POV

I hope she receives my text before they take off. I just want her to know that I came back for her.

"Lisa! Come and help me with this girl. Rosé for fuck's sake, you are one hell of a pretty girl but that doesn't mean you get to get sick like this. Omg."

"Let her, Jisoo. I'll just clean her we reach her apartment."

"Oh, okay. You go 'take' her back to her apartment. Of course, you were her ex and her best friend. Who the fuck am I anyway to care, right?"

Jisoo went to her car and slammed the door. Why the fuck is she snapping now? She started the car and left.

She just left. Why the hell is she mad?

I went inside the car and saw Rosé soundly asleep.

"Let's get you home, Chipmunk."

🔀▶️

Jennie's POV

Mom and I are now inside the aircraft. The stewards just making the last checking of the passengers.

I inhaled as the thought of Lisa and I not being able to say hi to each other crossed my mind.

It's fine. In a month, I would be the new editor in chief's assistant for Vogue New York. That's how my internship with Vogue Korea got me. A rainbow recommendation and a position with Vogue New York.

My phone buzzed. I received a message. I should probably turn it off now.

Before I turn it off, I saw the caller ID.

From: Lisa
I went back to Korea for you. But I didn't even get to say hi.

Lisa went back for me. She went back for me and not anyone else's. Not Rosé. Not for another shot at an audition. Not her dance mates. But for me.

But I am here now inside a plane that's now going to LA.

I cannot do anything to stop the aircraft and go to Lisa.

Well I can always shout 'I have a bomb in my carry on.' But that definitely would humiliate mom and the airport personnel will have to take me to the police and investigate that will take time and I won't see Lisa right ahead. And would probably get a ban in flying with this airline. Plus, it might reach international news that can disqualify me for my Vogue career.

Well that was a stupid idea. Why did I ever think of that?

I just fixed my eyes on the window as I see Incheon getting little by our ascend. The lights below looks like scattered stars.

I settled myself after all I'm seeing are dark clouds. Maybe this is the universe's way of saying Lisa and I really don't belong.

I took mom's hand and she slightly squeezed it.

"Everything's going to be fine, Nini bear." She whispered and kissed my cheek.

Nini. The same nickname Lisa calls me. That's why I asked her not to call me that when I was drunk. I hurts to hear her call me the nickname my parents call me.

Nini was the name that the people who left me called me.

But not Lisa, she came back. So does mom. And dad also attended the ceremony earlier and had to fly back to NZ afterwards.

I drifted off to sleep. It's gonna be a long flight.

🔀▶️

Lisa's POV

I have successfully let Rosé and I inside her apartment. She still hasn't changed her code. It was still my birthday.

I managed to clean her up and changed her clothes to new ones. And she's now fast asleep in her bed.

I decided to take a shower too since some of Rosie's vomit had rubbed on my clothes. Luckily, Rosé hasn't disposed of my things her in her apartment.

I laid myself on her couch and closed my eyes. I was still tired from my flight. I'll just overthink everything tomorrow.

Next morning

"My head fucking hurts! Goddammit!"

I was woken by the high pitched screams of Rosé from her room. Afterwards, she came out looking disheveled. Blonde hair sticking out. Face scrunched up probably because of the hangover.

"You're awake. Good morning."

"Ahh! Lisa. What the fuck are you doing here?" She screamed when I suddenly spoke.

"Good morning to me too." I said pouting.

"Wait. You were here last night? Weren't you in Thailand? And the fuck did you get into my apartment? Did we..?"

It's funny seeing Rosie's confused face in the first daylight of the morning.

"Slow down. Yes. I went back from Thailand. It's easy to break into your apartment since you haven't changed your code. No, we didn't have sex last night. You were passed out."

"Shit. I passed out?"

"And threw up inside my rental car. To which I'll have to take for a car wash."

"I'm sorry."

"Uh huh. Breakfast?"

"Well, I haven't had the time to get groceries. But I think I still have some bread and Nutella in the cupboard."

Sure enough. The bread and Nutella was the only thing left of her stocks. We finished eating and I can feel the awkward tension hung in the air.

"You were crying last night." I started.

"I was?" She looks surprised. Maybe she really doesn't remember anything anymore after her breakdown.

"Well, you partied hard. Then somehow sang while crying in Stocatto's and then yeah, vomited inside the car and passed out after."

Her face turned bright red. She buried her face from the shame.

"Shit, Lisa. I'm really sorry. And fuck. I did all those things last night?"

"If you want, you can always check the party goer's stories."

"What? It was recorded? Oh my god. What will my career will be now? Such humiliation."

"Chipmunk, we just graduated. Stories gets deleted after twenty four hours. I'm sure companies won't have time to stalk you on social media platforms before you even send out your applications."

I was amused. This is typical Rosé l. Always the prim and proper looking after her reputation. My typical best friend.

"Shit, Lisa but still. Arggh!" She shouts in frustration as she watched a story on her phone. "No! No! No! I did not just do that! Lisa, I twerked with somebody I don't even know who it is."

I laughed at her predicament.

"Stop laughing! This isn't funny."

"But it is though." I still can't contain my laughter.

"Stop it."

I missed this. I missed teasing Rosé. I missed teasing my best friend.

"Rosé, I'm sorry." I've gotten her full attention by now. Completely forgotten what she did last night.

"Why are you saying sorry? I should be the one saying sorry. I cheated on you." She looked at her lap and avoided my gaze.

"No, Rosé. I was partly to blame too. And I'm sorry for making you feel unloved during our relationship that you have to somehow find it from someone else."

"I.." She cannot continue what she wants to say.

"I'm sorry for leaving you just like that. Turning to Jennie instead of talking to you and maturely end things with you and vanishing like that without an explanation. I'm sorry. Maybe that's why you were crying last night. Maybe you still feel guilty, but I have my fair share of mistakes when we're together."

Rosé is looking at me right now. Her mouth agape.

"Lisa, I don't know what to say. You've changed."

"I tried to be more mature now, Rosé."

"Do I get to have my best friend back?"

I stood from my chair and hugged her instead. I missed my best friend.

"Best friends for life, Chip."

I felt her hugged me back. We broke apart after awhile and I went back to my chair.

"I'm glad it was you that took me back to my apartment. I'd be so embarrassed if it's somebody else."

"Well, I think Jisoo took care of you before I volunteered to take you home."

"What? Jisoo what?!"

Her face lost color. She looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

"I feel nauseous. Jisoo really took care of me? I must've been annoying. Arghhh. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid."

"Chill, girl. I think she must've been much angrier to me than you. I mean bitch snapped at me at the airport."

"Airport? Why were we at the airport?" She really is confused about last night.

"Well, I tried catching up Jennie but she had already boarded the plane. So..."

"Oh right! She's moving to LA with her mom. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know."

🔀▶️

A/N: hi, I'm sorry this has taken quite sometime. I was busy. ㅜㅜ

Hope u liked this one as I've loved Rosie's IG live. I won when she sang songs from the bands I've loved.

Gn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 101 16
One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, f-" "Why do you always stop at four?" "I...
69.8K 1.7K 13
Mainly about Jenlisa. If you're looking for comedy fluff, then here it is! (g!p/gxg) *Story full of nothing but cringe and fluff* - - - Achieved rank...
140K 5.4K 25
For a multi-millionaire contemporary artist like Jennie, her long-time girlfriend and pianist prodigy, Park Chaeyoung, is art beyond its form. A typi...
1.6M 54.6K 52
How to seduce? BE PART OF THIS CLASS TO LEARN. Start: March 28, 2020 - Completed: May 25, 2020 ***ctto of all the pictures I used***