Blazing: An Avatar AU

By demonicxchaos

(Y/N)'s life up until now hasn't been easy. I mean high school, am I right? That's never easy. Loaded with cl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
A/N

Chapter Forty-Eight

2.5K 124 243
By demonicxchaos

Sokka took Zuko, Suki, and I to our cells and went to talk to his dad. I slipped Sokka my phone during this whole thing, so it wouldn't get confiscated by the Warden.

Zuko and I no longer shared a cell, so I was pretty bored. I laid down in my cell, staring at the ceiling.

I thought about what Zuko said.

"You know how I feel about you. I've made it clear. I just wish I wasn't always wondering if you felt the same."

Was I really playing him? What was I supposed to do? I know that I love him, I've known for years.  But, he left me. He left me in the middle of a fight and started dating someone else. 

How do you love someone and do something like that?

But, I know when Zuko's lying. He's really bad at hiding it. I know that he was telling the truth when he told me that he loves me. 

It shouldn't be this complicated. I love him. He loves me.  

So, what's holding me back?

Fear.

I heard a knock at my cell door. I got up and walked to the slidey thingy. 

Sokka whispered through the cell door, "I talked to my dad. He told me to tell you hi. But also, we have an escape plan. Just, be in the yard in an hour."

"Got it," I said. I paused, "Is Uncle okay?"

"Hey!" I heard the voice of a guard, "What are you doing?!"

Sokka gulped, "This is the bibender! I just wanted to tell her what I think of her."

"Oh," the guard shrugged, "That's fine, but I have to take her somewhere."

I heard Sokka walk away. 

The guard opened the cell door and handcuffed me. We started walking to... well I don't actually know where.

The Guard looked really familiar. He was about my age.

 I coughed, "You know I can get out of these restraints whenever I want, right?"

The guard scoffed, "That's cute."

"No really," I twisted my hands and manipulated the water vapor in the air. I encased the handcuffs in water and then shattered it. I held up my now free hands, "See?"

The guard looked at me, "Are you crazy?!"

"No," I shrugged, "I have no intention of escaping. I just don't enjoy having my hands restricted. So," I smiled, "Let's walk."

The Guard glanced at me sideways, "You're the Bibender, right?"

I grinned, "You've heard of me?"

"Who hasn't heard about (Y/N)? Daughter of the late General Seizo? The only person in the world, besides the Avatar, who can bend more than one element? Actually, I guess it was kind of dumb to think you'd remember me," The Guard said sheepishly.

I looked at him, "Remember you?"

He smiled. 

"Oh!" I exclaimed, remembering his face, "Hide!"

"Yes."

"Ah, it's been three years, huh? Wow, that's crazy. I used to be the number one person in the bending class, now I'm the number one public enemy of the fire nation! Well," I paused, "Number two," I laughed, "Time flies."

"H-how are you laughing about that...?"

"Ah, don't worry about it," I slapped his back, "I'm on the right side of the War, and that's all I care about."

Hide nodded but he looked uncomfortable. 

"Well," the Hide stopped at a cell, "We're here."

"You're not going to dramatically push me in?" I asked.

"No," he said thoughtfully, "You might break my arm. Again."

I laughed and walked into the cell on my own accord. 

"Hello, (Y/N)."

I heard a familiar voice, "Mai," I turned around and smiled, "How have you been?"

"Great," she rolled her eyes.

"Do you still hate me?"

She glared at me, "No, shit."

"You could have at least pretended that you didn't hate me. That kind of hurt."

"You stole my boyfriend," she said to me.

"Actually," I said, "If you want to be specific, you stole my boyfriend," I waved my hand, "I don't hold it against you. I blame him. Maybe you should too."

"Trust me, I do."

"Then, what's your problem with me, Mai?" I asked, "We could be friends, you know."

"You're a traitor."

"Ah, in the eyes of some," I replied. 

"Some?" She scoffed, "In what world are you not a traitor?"

"Fire Lord Ozai is a traitor. Princess Azula is a traitor. They're traitors to their country in fighting this war. You? You can still choose your path, Mai. I just hope you choose the right one," I turned away.

"You have some nerve," Mai got up and held up one of her knives. 

I glanced at her, "Oh, please," I flicked my hand and her limbs went numb, "Don't try me," I let her go.

"You are such a-"

"Bitch?" I smiled, "I know," I thought for a moment, "You were right, you know."

"Excuse me?" She asked me. 

I stretched, "Well, my turn! Mai- truth or dare?"

Mai blew her hair out of her face, "truth."

"Hm. Ok, why don't you like me?"

"Oh, please. Where do I start? First of all, everyone knows you exist, but you have a lot of attitude for someone who's father never brought anywhere. Why is that, (Y/N)? You're father barely talked about you to anyone but Ozai. You never came to any gatherings, parties, nothing. In fact, the only time I ever saw you was at school. I don't trust you. How ashamed was your daddy? How much did he hate you?"

"Years ago you asked me how much my father hated me, or if he was ashamed of me. You got your answer, you know. He hated that I was a half breed. So, you were right not to trust me then. I was lying to everyone."

Mai seemed to be contemplating something. 

The door opened and a guard threw Zuko into the cell. 

"I didn't do anything wrong!" Zuko yelled.

"Come on Zuko," Mai said, "We all know that's a lie."

Zuko looked at Mai, "Mai!" 

I coughed, "She's right though."

Zuko looked at me, "(Y/N)? Why are you here too?"

I shrugged. 

Zuko turned to Mai, "How did you know I was here?"

"Her Warden's the Uncle," I said, "Wait, I mean," I coughed, "Her Uncle's the Warden."

"Right," Zuko said. 

"All I get it a text?" Mai asked, whipping out her phone.

My eyes widened, "You... You dumped her over text?" I smacked Zuko in the back of the head, "You dick!"

Mai looked at me, "... Thanks, (Y/N)...?"

"No problem," I shrugged.

"Mai, I never wanted to hurt you. But I have to do this to save my country," Zuko said. 

"Save it? You're betraying your country!" Mai yelled. 

"That's not how I see it," Zuko said. 

An alarm rang and a guard ran into the cell, "Ma'am, there's a riot going on! I'm here to protect you!"

"With all due respect," I said, "Mai stands more of a chance against me than you do."

Mai nodded, "I don't need any protection."

I coughed, "Well, if there's a riot," I said, "That can only mean one thing," I glanced at Zuko who nodded. 

I bent an arc of fire around Zuko and I. I ran out of the cell and blood bent Mai and the guard, making it so they couldn't move. 

I shut the cell door.

Zuko and I ran to the yard and met Sokka, Uncle, Suki, and Chit Sang. 

"Uncle!" I yelled. 

Hakoda embraced me, "It's nice to see you, (Y/N)."

"You too," I pulled away.

Sokka looked at Zuko and me, "Good, we're all here. Now, all we need to do is grab the warden, and get to the gondolas!"

"You make it sound so easy," I said, "How are we supposed to do that?"

"I'm not sure," Sokka said. 

Zuko groaned, "I thought you thought this through!"

"I thought you told me it's okay not to think everything through!" Sokka yelled back.

"I don't think he meant the key part of your plan! Are you stupid?" I asked, "It's like the common sense in this family just didn't reach you."

"Hey! (Y/N)," Sokka pouted. 

"I'm just saying!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, uh, fellas. I think your, girlfriend's taking care of it," he said to Sokka.

I looked to see Suki hop on the heads of rioters and go to grab the warden.

I grinned, "Badass."

I propelled myself off the ground and followed after Suki. I was two steps behind her. 

Suki grinned and glanced back, "Where's the rest of them?"

"Ah," I joined her, "The men are simply inferior."

"True," Suki said.

We reached the Warden and Suki grabbed him and put her fist in his face. 

The Warden glared at her, "You wouldn't dare."

"Actually," I constricted his body and Suki tied the Warden's hands behind his back, "She would."

I stopped bloodbending the Warden and Suki twisted his arm, "Sorry, warden. You're my prisoner now," she slammed him into a wall. 

I put a hand up, "Nice," I grinned.

Suki high fived me and Zuko, Chit Sang, Sokka, and Uncle arrived, completely out of breath.

"We've got the warden! Now let's get out of here!" Suki yelled. 

"They're both amazing," Uncle said staring at Suki and me in awe. 

Zuko smiled, looking at me, "Yeah..."

Sokka looked at Suki, "Tell me about it."

We all ran to the gondola and got in. 

The gondola started moving. I sighed in relief, "We're so out of here."

"Wait! Who's that?" Uncle asked. 

I looked out of the gondola and saw Azula and Ty Lee. I sighed, "This bitch."

"That's a problem. It's my sister and her friend," Zuko said.

Azula and Ty Lee started running on the gondola line, heading to us. 

"This is a rematch I've been waiting for," Suki grinned.

"Me too," Zuko said.

Suki, Sokka, Zuko, and I jumped on the top of the gondola to meet Azula and Ty Lee.

Zuko and Sokka attacked Azula and Suki went for Ty Lee. I went to help Suki, even though I really wanted to show Azula where to stick it.

"Ty Lee," I smiled blasting water at her, "Nice to see you again."

"You too, (Y/N)," she smiled moving to attack me. 

There was no sarcasm or spite in her voice. She was a good person, she actually was happy to see me. 

Ty Lee jumped off the gondola onto a line. She looked back at the area where all the guards were. Her eyes widened, "They're cutting the line!" 

Sure enough, they were cutting the line. 

Azula smiled, "Then it's time to leave," she and Ty Lee jumped onto another gondola.

Zuko, Sokka, Suki, and I jumped back into the gondola, which had stopped moving. 

"They're cutting the line! The gondola's about to go!" Zuko yelled. 

"I hope this thing floats,"Uncle said.

"I can just bend the water. We'll be fine," I said.

Hakoda nodded.

Suddenly the gondola started moving again. 

Sokka peered out of the gondola, "Who's that?"

I followed his eyes, "Mai! Why is she helping us?"

Zuko shrugged and the gondola made it to the other side. 

"Well, we made it out. Now what?" Suki asked as we ran out of the prison area. 

Zuko thought for a moment, "My sister had to have come here somehow," he started running faster, "There," he pointed to a private jet.  

I grinned, "Are we plane-napping?"

"Yes," Zuko grinned.

We got onto the plane and set the self-driving thing to the Air Temple. We managed to land the plane in the forest (taking down a few trees, rip nature).

Zuko, Sokka, Suki, Chit Sang, Uncle, and I walked into the main area of the temple where everyone was eating. 

Katara ran towards her father, "Dad! How are you here? What is going on? Where did you go?" She hugged her father.

I grinned, "Fire Nation prison type shit. You know the vibes."

"I don't think I do," Katara said to me.

"Don't worry about it, Kat. And maybe you should have called to ask what's up."

"Oh," she took out her phone, "you're right."

"Always am," Zuko and I said at the same time. 

I laughed and looked at Zuko.

He smiled at me. 

I love that smile. 

I love him

Maybe it was time to tell him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.9K 57
(Y/N)'s parents were close friends with the Fire Lord, so it was only fit that when they passed, she would be taken in by the royal family. And so sh...
16.1K 649 20
ᵃ ᶻᵘᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝..𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎?" 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. ➪ A story about a y...
5.9K 128 10
(Y/N) is a young Earthbender and orphan who lives in Gaoling. He was dumped by his parents when he was a baby, and he was taken in by a kind old woma...
759K 19.3K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...