Pretend You're Mine

Oleh goldenpup45

Rhian Ramos. The girl who has it all. Brains, beauty, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all becaus... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
01 : The Two Rivals
02 : Partners
03 : Childhood Friend
04 : Mistake
05 : Guilt
06 : Change in Attitude
07 : Reconcile
08 : Unfair
09 : Proposal
10 : Will You Be My Girlfriend?
11 : Invitation
12 : Get Together with Friends
13 : Meeting of the Two Groups
14 : Surprises
15 : Unsure
16 : Moving In
18 : Official
19 : Books and Banters
20. Horseback Riding
21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks
22 : Lunch with the Ventura's
23 : Feelings?
24 : Attention
25 : Wedding Plans
26 : Waffle For Your Thoughts
27 : Opening Up
28 : Glaiza's Birthday
29 : Role Playing Game
30 : Chilling
31 : The Kiss
32 : Thoughts are Swimming
33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)
34 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 2)
35 : Already Safe
36 : Confession
37 : Confuse
38 : Misunderstanding
39 : Spy
40 : Jealous
41 : Distracting Thoughts
42 : Half Feelings
43 : Sudden Changes
44 : I Love You
45 : Goodbye
46 : Marriage-Free
47 : Acceptance
48 : Tease
49 : Bliss
50 : Lifetime
Author's Note

17 : Interrogation

446 12 1
Oleh goldenpup45

Rhian's hand frantically tap the nightstand as the familiar sound of her alarm reaches her ears. Feeling the thin metal of her phone, she squinted her eyes and pressed cancel. She sat up and stretch herself, smiling when she felt the warm rays of sun hitting the side of her face. Hearing soft snores, she turn to the sleeping figure on the couch. She smirked when she saw Glaiza on her stomach, her right arm hanging down with her mouth slightly open.

After changing into her workout clothes, she went down to her gym and saw Dennis already there. She decided to take it lightly since she worked a little hard yesterday.

"So," Dennis began. "Jason's here, huh?"

Rhian groaned as she made her way to the treadmill. "Yeah."

"I don't get it. If you don't want him here, why didn't you just, I don't know, push him out of the house or something."

"Oh you don't know how much I wanted to do that. But... he asked my father's permission so that's really not happening."

"So? He's on another country. Your father doesn't have to know that you denied Jason in living here."

"Den, wherever father is, he could still know what I'm up to or what I'm doing. By now, you should know how powerful he is and the connections he has. For all I know, he probably hired someone to stalk my every move."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"Just hope that our plan wouldn't screw up."

¤¤¤

Rhian brushed away a strand of her damp hair when she descended the stairs, immediately noticing that Chynna is quietly sipping coffee by the kitchen counter with Paul and Dennis who seems to be in a some sort of argument.

Before she could ask what was going on, Chynna stop her with a shake of her head as if to say that what the two were talking about was some nonsense.

Rhian agreed as she listened to the two guys banter about who's the more powerful superhero: Superman or Thor. Before Chynna or Rhian could step in between them when things got a little heated, Julie-Anne beat them to it.

"What did I say about you two fighting?" Julie-Anne intervened.

"We're not fighting Juls, there's just a little misunderstanding." Dennis said.

"Yeah, Dennis here misunderstood that Superman is more powerful than Thor, which is false, because it should be the other way around." Paul added. Dennis was about to retort back when Julie-Anne speak again.

"Good, 'cause I'm watching you two." She said, before making her way to the kitchen to make coffee for herself.

Minutes later, the rest have woken up and lounge at the living room. It didn't take long before Jason approach them.

"Hey, did you sleep well last night?" Jason said flashing Rhian a smile.

"Oh I slept splendidly!"

"Yeah, the bed was really comfy."

"It was great."

Was the reply of the three. Rhian stifled her smile when she saw Jason's attempt in hiding his irritating stare with an awkward smile while Chynna, Paul, and Dennis just gave him an innocent smile.

"What about you sweetheart?" Jason asked, turning his attention at Rhian.

"It was good." Rhian replied.

Jason smiled. "That's good to hear. Wanna know how my sleep was last night?"

"Actually I don't-"

Jason immediately cut her off. "Last night I had an amazing dream about you. I propose to you in the Eiffel Tower and you said yes, teary-eyed and all, it was cute. And we got married. A beach wedding to be exact and everyone was there. My family, your family, my friends, your friends, hell even some of our teachers were there. Then after the wedding, we went to a hotel, and had a mind-blowing se-"

"Okay, okay! That's enough!" Rhian immediately said, not wanting Jason to finish his story.

"Do you know what that means?" Jason asked leaning forward to which Rhian step backward and shook her head.

"Its destiny, silly! Maybe that dream was showing me, our future together." Jason suddenly gasped. "See? That means we're really meant for each other! That in the near future, we would really love each other and would be spending the rest of our lives together."

Chynna, Dennis, Paul, and Julie-Anne snorted and tried to stop themselves from laughing when they saw Jason resting his chin on his palm and staring at Rhian with a dreamy look and silly smile on his face. Rhian sent a glare to the four who immediately glance elsewhere.

When the maids announced that the food is ready, the group scurried to the dining room while Rhian trailed behind, with Jason on her side, telling her more about the meaning behind his dream.

"Uh Jason, you can't sit there." Lovi said when she notice her cousin slightly irritated face when Jason insist that he sit beside her.

"Why not?" Jason asked.

"Because... er... that's where I sit. Yes! You see, one thing you should know about the Ramos' dining table, we usually sit by... uhm... by the kind of relationship we have with them. So that would mean family members first, then friends, then... acquintances. The order goes on in counter clockwise. So since I'm Rhian's cousin, I sit beside her." Lovi said smoothly. She was surprised when Jason nodded understandingly, believing her absurd lie. On the corner of her eye, her friends were laughing silently but one look from the tan girl, had them stopping.

"Then, I'm sitting here." Jason said and was about to sit on the right side of Rhian when he was gently pushed aside.

"I'm sorry Jason, I sit here, by my girlfriend's side." Glaiza said facing Jason, emphasizing the word girlfriend. Before Jason could speak back, she turn to Rhian.

"Good morning, love." Glaiza said placing a kiss on top of Rhian's head, much to the latter's surprise. But she quickly masked it with a small smile when Glaiza sent her a knowing look.

Jason scoffed and stomp his way to another seat, who by the way, was at the far end, seeing that the short-haired girl has sat down on his supposed seat.

During the meal, Rhian was internally suprised of Glaiza's behavior. She had been the one who put food on Rhian's plate, kept asking if she wanted anything else, and sending her smiles. Rhian was in awe at how smoothly Glaiza's doing these kind of things without an ounce of hesitation.

Jason cleared his throat to grab the attention of Rhian who was facing a smiling Glaiza. "So Rhian, when did your relationship with Glaiza started to bloom? I'm curious. Since it was well-known at the school that you two had a rivalry with each other."

Rhian sighed in relief at the question, remembering that she and Glaiza had talk about it the other day. All she had to do is say it and maybe add some words into it. "Well, I guess it happened when we were both volunteers at an orphanage. While giving the supplies needed, of course there were banters here and there. But when there was an intermission number from Glaiza during the program, that's when... it happened. She was on the stage singing when... I felt my uh... my heart... skip a beat..."

Rhian's mind suddenly went back to what Glaiza said the other day.

Flashback

"But I don't go to orphanages. Hell, I didn't even heard you sing! How am I suppose to say that convincingly?" Rhian said

"By visualizing it, of course. But instead of me, try something else."

"Like what?"

"Well, like something you care about deeply."

End of Flashback

Rhian thought about the first time she held Sam when he was still an infant, staring at his innocent brown eyes. That time, she swore that she would protect him no matter what.

Brought back to reality, Rhian looked at Glaiza and smiled to make it more convincing, with that thought in her mind. This time she would twist some of her words. "...That day, I felt all warm inside. Its like I'm seeing her for the first time and I suddenly realize that I... wanted to be close to her. I wanted to get to know her more..." Rhian's mind then went back to the days when she would always annoy Sam when they were still young. "... Now that I think about it, I guess the real reason why I was constantly angry with her is not because of how annoying she is, but just to grab her attention and see her reaction. So from that day on, I uh... uhm... started to lessen my anger towards her... and... slowly we became friends... and then... gradually... became lovers."

By the time she finished, Glaiza smiled proudly at what she had said. Even though she heard the brown-haired girl stuttered at some of the words, Glaiza could see the effort she had put in saying it, and for that she appreciated it.

A series of aww's were heard from some of their friends and Rhian couldn't help but sigh in relief, knowing that what she said were convincing enough, based on Jason's clenched fists.

By the time they finish breakfast, Rhian said that they all take a bath and change into casual clothes, and that she'll be showing them around a strawberry field, much to everyone's delight.

"Hey, what you said earlier..." Glaiza started as the two of them entered their room.

"What? Did I say too much? Does it lack something? Was I bad? Did I exaggerate anything?" Rhian alarmly said.

Glaiza chuckled lightly at the brown-haired girl's reaction." No, no, none of that. I was just surprised, that you would say anything like that. I was almost convinced."

"Really? I just did what you said. Me visualizing something I cared deeply. I thought it wouldn't work." Rhian said.

"Well that was good visualizing. Keep it up, okay? I'm telling you, you got this." Glaiza reassured.

"Yeah... Yeah, I think so too." Rhian slowly nodded. Glaiza sent her a smile before stepping inside the bathroom.

¤¤¤

Descending down the stairs, Rhian and Glaiza glance at each other upon seeing Jason and Sam in the living room, waiting for the others. Sitting down at the couch, Jason's eyes lit up at the couple.

"There you guys are! I was just talking to Sam here about you two." Jason said. Rhian instantly tense at this. She didn't mention anything about her fake relationship with Glaiza.

"Really? What about it?" Glaiza asked.

"Well, not much really, since Sam seems to be oblivious of your relationship. Its funny to think that all your friends would know about what you two have, and not your brother, considering how close you, Rhian, are to him." Glaiza turn to Rhian in question. "Now tell me, why is that?"

"I... well S-Sam didn't know about it b-because... he... I m-mean... we... uhm..." Jason smirked at how tense the brown-haired girl is and the stutter in her voice.

Rhian's eyes desperately wanted to meet with her brother's but Sam's gaze was on his lap, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Noticing Rhian's discomfort, Glaiza thought about something and jump in to save her. "The reason why Rhian didn't tell Sam about us, is because she was afraid that her brother might change his attitude towards his sister. She was scared that he would treat her differently, and she couldn't bear that. So she kept it a secret."

At that, Sam look up meeting his sister's gaze and asks, "Is that true, Rhian?"

Rhian glance at her side, to which she receive a nod from Glaiza. Turning back to her brother, Rhian nod in confirmation.

Before Sam could say anything Katrina and the girls walked through the living room, laughing. Trailing behind them are the boys.

"You guys ready?" Julie-Anne asks.

"Hang on Julie-Anne, there's something we're discuss-"

Glaiza immediately cut him off and stood up. "Yeah, yeah! We are! Let's go."

Glaiza followed the squealing girls outside, together with the boys. Jason glared at the short-haired girl before following them. Sam also stood up and was about to go outside when Rhian grab his arm.

"Sam-"

"Not now Rhian."

"No! Listen, what you heard earlier was not true."

Sam scoffed. "Yeah, right. Keep lying to me, sister."

"I'm serious. Me and Glaiza, we're not really together." Jason raised his eyebrow at her.

Rhian huffed in frustration. "Its complicated. I'll explain everything to you later, okay? Trust me."

"Whatever." Sam rolled his eyes and went outside.

Rhian sighed and followed her brother. Falling behind until he was side by side with her, Jason smirked and was about to speak when a hand gently grabbed Rhian's wrist, pulling her by the person's side.

"From now on, whenever Jason is around, you stay with me. So that when questioned about our relationship, I would be able to help you." Glaiza whispered and turn to see Rhian. "That is, if you're okay with that?"

"Sure." Rhian replied.

Arriving at a small orange house, a middle-aged woman is seen tending at her garden. Upon seeing Rhian, the woman was shocked and instantly gave her a hug. They talk for a while before the brown-haired girl introduce her to her friends. After giving them a permission to see the field, Rhian led them to a medium-sized greenhouse and was met with a wide range of strawberry fields. Her friends were in awe at the sight.

A man in a straw hat was there and welcome them. Rhian let them roam around but warned them to not step on the bushes or they might step on some small strawberries without knowing.

"I wish we could pick some of them. I've always wanted to do that." Chynna said.

"You can, my dear. Just be careful and don't forget that in order to determine how sweet and ripe a strawberry is, if its leaf is flipped upward." The man said.

Chynna smiled and was given a small basket to put it in, as well as to the others who wanted to do some picking. Some of them followed the man in a straw hat to another greenhouse and decided to help him. The ones left, like Rhian and Glaiza are just content in just roaming around.

"This is just... woah! I didn't think you could grow so much strawberries in here. Seriously, from the way I see it, they all look like ladybugs in bushes!" Glaiza exclaimed, running her eyes at the fields.

Rhian giggled. "They really do, huh?"

Glaiza suddenly stop from walking and bent down. Looking for two ripe ones, she picked and stand again. She was about to put it in her mouth when she hesitated.

"Uhm... can I?" When Rhian nodded, she took a bite. "Sooo... your family own this greenhouses?"

"Yeah, ever since I was little. I remember this one summer, Lovi and I would sneak out here in the late afternoon and just munch on the sweet fruit until sunset. One time, when we went home, we lied to Lovi's father about going to this strawberry greenhouse but uncle didn't believe it. I know because he raised both of our hands and saw our pinkish palms." Rhian chuckled at the memory.

Glaiza smiled a little. "Is this the only greenhouse you guys have? I mean are strawberries the only one you grow?"

"Well, we-"

"Actually, there's three more. Aside from this, they also grow cabbages, pineapples, and corn. All of them, including strawberries, are exported to some countries." Jason said, appearing at Rhian's side and gave a smug look at the short-haired girl. "How come I know this and you don't Glaiza? Do you not know your girlfriend well enough?"

"Jason..." Rhian warned. "Don't."

Jason gave an innocent smile at Rhian. "What? I was just asking." Then he turn back to the short-haired girl. "But... you don't have to answer that. It was a rhetorical question."

He smirked and took Glaiza's strawberry and pop it into his mouth before walking away.

Glaiza scoffed. "So he's the one you're bound to marry, huh? He sure is... something." She bit back her tongue to prevent from saying something mean.

Rhian could only sigh before continuing on walking.

After another couple of minutes, the group went out to eat. Glaiza suggested that they eat at the cafe she works in. She mentioned that they should try out the roasted chicken since it was the most sought out during lunch.

Upon arriving, Glaiza mentally face palmed herself as she saw how jam-packed it is. Luckily, they were seen by Tito Miguel and lead to his office. A door was situated at right most corner and went in, saying that this was a private dining room when family members decided to eat. But since they hadn't been here for a while, they could use it. The group thanked the man before he went away, saying he'll go order their food.

After a meal of two roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw, the group went back to the strawberry greenhouse but this time Rhian lead them inside a large and wide silver building.

Workers in different colored aprons  and machines in different sizes are seen. While walking, Rhian told the group that the total workers working are split into two different jobs. From the left side, the ones in red aprons, are tasked to put ripe strawberries in plastic containers to be sold in local markets. They make sure that the strawberries are fresh, washed, and sweet before they're evenly distributed to all containers.

To the right side, workers in maroon aprons, have the more bigger machines since they are tasked to make strawberry jams. The people on this side put medium-sized jars onto a moving machine line and let the other machine fill it up.

Rhian let Glaiza and her friends walk to strawberry jam making while her own friend went to the other side. She on the other hand, was approached by a lady and talked to her about the rising demand of their product.

¤¤¤

Brian dropped himself on the couch and gave a long sigh. "Finally! As much as I've enjoyed this 'Strawberry Day', I could really use a good rest."

"Yeah, this has been quite an interesting day."

"Its official, strawberry is now my favorite fruit."

"I kinda want to go there again."

"Visiting the strawberry greenhouses are my favorite!"

"Do you mind if we took some strawberries there?"

"I enjoyed this day, thank you Rhian."

Rhian smiled at their responses and sighed in relief, knowing that she didn't bore them to death. Admittedly, she also had fun. And now seeing them gushing excitedly over the experience they just had about strawberries to each other, she just hope that the following days would be just as fun as it is now.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.1K 383 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
68K 2.8K 21
What if one day you found yourself being invisible? What will you do? Is there anyone who can help you? Who? ** This is a story of an celebrity who...
29.6K 1.3K 39
Love transcends time... Even heaven and hell... Good and Evil... But will Love prevails even if the ones involved are from two opposite worlds? Is th...
1.9M 57.6K 37
Ginger Vera, a fifteen year old typical 2nd year high-school who works as a part timer in a pastry shop. She has to work in order to continue her st...