Life Hurts but Heals

By ChansBae4Life

Jordyn, a 15-year-old girl, is nearly killed by her younger brother and it's offered to stay in Heaven or to... More

Chapter 1- I Love You
Chapter 2- Stay With Me
Chapter 3- Be Careful
Chapter 4- On the Road
Chapter 5- My New Friend
Chapter 6- Recovery
A/N
Chapter 7- What Do I Do Now?
Chapter 8- The Visit
Chapter 9- Help Me
Chapter 10- Depressed
Chapter 11- Bad Things Happen
Chapter 12- Why?
Chapter 13- Everthing Makes Sense
Chapter 14- Forever Loneliness
Chapter 16- Hope
Chapter 17- Daryl's Lost It Literally
Chapter 18- If You Leave...
Chapter 19- I'm Here Now
Chapter 20- Big Decisions
Chapter 21- Confession
Chapter 22- Regret
A/N
Chapter 23- The Truth
Chapter 24- Baby Daddy
Chapter 25- Pain
REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!
Chapter 26- Hope
REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!
Chapter 27- You Better Pray For Help
Chapter 28- Surprise!
REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!
Chapter 29- Because of You
Chapter 30- Protection
Chapter 31- Moving On (Pt. 1)
Chapter 32- Moving On (Pt. 2)
Chapter 33- New Beginnings
Chapter 34- Revenge is Sweet
Chapter 35- I Don't Know
Chapter 36- Why Did You Leave
Chapter 37- I'm Here
Chapter 38- Stronger
Chapter 39- The Deal
Chapter 40- Life Hurts but Heals
SNEAK PEEK!!!!!
REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!
REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!!

Chapter 15- Best Friends

52 1 3
By ChansBae4Life

I run to his body that may be alive. I check his pulse, nothing. I have to get him to the hospital fast; I might still have some time before he's actually gone.

I get his arms and wrap them around my shoulders, and if he wasn't unconscious, I would have butterflies flying in my stomach right now.

I open my mouth to scream help, but then I remember this place is filled with people that hate Carl and me.

I walk down the hall, and I hear a door open behind me. I can't turn around very well with Carl on my back.

I turn around very slowly and cautiously. Foxface is already right beside me when I turn around completely.

"Hey, we followed Finnick and them here. We saw them carry you and Carl with a sack over your head," says Foxface in a whisper.

"Wait," I reply, "what do you mean we?"

Nicole walks out of the same door Foxface walked out of.

"Hey," she looks looks up from her shoes, "yeah, we saw everything. So, we kind of came to your rescue..."

"Well..." I set Carl down gently and look at them like they're stupid.

"Oh, right," they say at the same time.

Nicole gets the middle of his back because she's the strongest of us three, Foxface gets his feet, and I get his shoulders. Every once in awhile, I can't help but stare at his black hair and pale skin. Even though he might be close to death, he's still more handsome than ever.

When we finally get outside, I see no gates with bobbed-wire around the top; I see a forest with a small bobbed-wired fence that you would use to keep animals in.

Carl begins to become very heavy, so I set him down on the grass gently, and Foxface and Nicole do the same.

Foxface huffs for air, "There has got to be a way to get to a hospital."

"Wait, Carl's phone!" I reply excitedly.

I rush through Carl's pockets and find his phone in his jacket. Nicole dials 911 and puts it on speaker phone while I check his pulse.

"He's breathing! He is actually breathing!" I exclaim.

"What?! What kind of 911 doesn't know how to pick up the phone. Yeah, thanks a lot for helping our friend die!" Nicole screams at the phone.

"Nicole, chill. We can call Dixon," says Foxface.

"Yeah... ok," she replies.

On the fourth ring, Dixon picks up.

"Yello?" asks Dixon in his cool tone.

"Hey, Dixon, it's Jordyn Samuels," Nicole bends down to give me the phone, "Carl and I got kidnapped, and he is barely breathing. We need to get him to the hospital fast. Please come and get us! Hurry please!"

"Ok, ok. Where are you?" I hear his car door slam trough the phone.

"Um..."

I turn and look at them, and Foxface takes the phone away from me and holds it to her mouth like a walkie-talkie, "We're at the abandoned prison beside Hickory Forest. Hurry and get down here."

She hangs up, and we sit there and wait there impatiently for Dixon to arrive.

________________________________

When Dixon finally arrives, he picks Carl up and puts him on his shoulder and turns around to see Nicole running her fingers through her hair, but she quickly stops when she sees Dixon staring.

"Who is this, Samuels?" he asks checking her out.

"That's my best friend, Nicole. She was a prisoner, too... h-have you never seen her?"

"Nope," he says not taking his eyes off of her, "and if I have, I don't remember it."

Nicole smiles which makes Dixon smile, too.

"Hi, I'm-" says Dixon.

"I know who you are. You're officer Dixon," replies Nicole.

"Please, call me Daryl."

"People! Carl is dying!" I scream and break the moment.

They snap back to reality, and Daryl lays Carl in the back seat.

"Hey, the road to the hospital is pretty bumpy," says Foxface hopping into the passenger seat, "You might wanna just leave Carl in the back by himself so he'll have more room so he can lay down because he'll head will be hitting the side of the car pretty hard if he doesn't lay down."

Nicole replies, "Okay. Well, you and Jordyn in the passenger seat, and I'll sit with Daryl."

She smiles and looks at Daryl, and he starts to smile as well.

"Okay, whatever, just hurry! We have to get to the hospital fast!"

Nicole jumps on Daryl's lap, and Foxface and I squeeze together in the passenger side.

When Daryl cranks the car, we're gone like lightning.

________________________________

When we arrive at the hospital, Daryl picks Carl up from the back seat and runs through the automatic doors, and find the same annoying nurse that I had to deal with last time.

"Ma'am, we need a doctor, stat!" shouts Foxface.

"Yes, take 643 upstairs and-" she pauses because she notices me, "I'll be up with Dr. Mellark as soon as possible."

We run upstairs and set him on the bed a little more harshly than we have been. A minutes later, Peeta comes in with a different nurse. That traitor...

He stops and looks at me and smiles, but the nurse quickly pulls him to Carl.

Says the nurse, "You guys should leave until we are finished."

"No!" I exclaim coldly, "I am not leaving him! I am not leaving Carl!"

"Come on, Jordyn. Do as she says," says Foxface pulling my arm.

"No! I am not leaving him!"

Daryl picks me up and puts me over his shoulder as he did Carl. I hit my fists against his shoulder blades and scream.

He takes me down the stairs and through the basement because I guess I'm embarrassing him, but I don't care.

He puts me in the passenger seat, but keeps the door open so he can talk to me.

"Jordyn, you have to let them do their job. Do you want Carl to die?" he says with an innocent voice.

"No, but I guess you don't considering you were flirting with my best friend hen your best friend was dying!"

"Yeah, but I haven't felt happy in a long time. Today is the first day I have smiled in months, years maybe, and-"

"Well, that's the way it is with Carl and me, too, but I guess that doesn't matter sense you're not involved!"

"Hey, Jordyn. Now I know how you feel, and you and Carl have been through more than Nicole and I have, and I should've been more supportive than caring about my own personal needs. Best friends should always stick together, no matter what life throws at us, and that's when I think of you and Carl. You're my best friends, and I shouldn't have let this happen to you."

"Well, thanks, and I feel the same way. Friends?"

"Friends."

We give each other a hug, and that's when Nicole shouts from the concrete stairs, "Guys, they're done! We can see Carl!"

With that, Daryl and I dash towards the steps.

We get up to the room and I see Carl with his eyes closed, but the heart monitor is going up and down.

"Carl..." I say softly.

No response.

I shake my head sadly. I was hoping he would be awake so I could talk to him.

I go and sit down in the chair in the corner. I about sit down until I hear a cracking voice.

"Hey, J-Jordyn," says Carl.

"Oh my God, Carl!" I shout.

I run up to him and kiss his soft lips. They're warm, and they make me feel safe.

A tap on my shoulder is what pulls me back from him, and I turn around to find Peeta. I give him a hug, thanking him for saving Carl's life.

"Hey. I haven't seen you in forever,"

We pull from the hug, "What, are you kidding me?! I was here last week!"

"Yeah, and that's pretty long for friends not seeing each other."

I turn around just enough to see that Carl is glaring at Peeta, but I don't think he notices because he's paying attention to me.

Peeta opens his mouth to say something, but Carl interrupts him, "Jordyn, I know we haven't known each other long, but I feel something unusual between us. You risked you're life for me, and I don't ever think I could repay you."

"Oh, please. As long as you're safe, I'm okay."

"That brings me to my next question. Will you please go out with me?"

"Yes!"

I kiss him again, and now I know I am safe. Safe in his arms...

We stare into each other's eyes until Peeta breaks us up, "Um, well I have to get back to work... so call if you need anything."

We nod.

"I'm pretty sleepy," says Carl.

"Good, you need your rest. I'll leave you alone. Good night."

"Good night."

I give him a good night kiss and leave the room.

Soon as I turn around in the hall, I am met by Peeta once again.

"Hi Peeta," I says with a smile.

"Hey, Jordyn. Can we talk?"

"Sure."

He leads me into his office, and I have a feeling this won't be good. .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2K 13
Hayden Taylor, Thirteen years old, before the outbreak, before the dead started rising again, before everything, Hayden's life was not picture perfec...
Sky By mrs.grimes

Fanfiction

1.5K 58 19
6.8K 208 19
Jamie was a normal 18 years old ready to take on the rest of her education to get to the next level of her career. However, her plans all tits up whe...
1.1K 87 44
After witnessing their parents death twins Celina and Jesus escape the Savior's camp and are taken in by another group. All they want is to be safe a...