Blazing: An Avatar AU

By demonicxchaos

(Y/N)'s life up until now hasn't been easy. I mean high school, am I right? That's never easy. Loaded with cl... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
A/N

Chapter Twenty-Five

3K 126 276
By demonicxchaos

I bought us a hotel room. The receptionist looked at me, then she looked back at Zuko, who was carrying an unconscious Iroh. 

I laughed, "Oh, we were just celebrating.... he had a little to much to drink if you catch my drift."

The receptionist smiled and nodded handing us a keycard for our room. Zuko hoisted Iroh onto one of the beds, and I threw our backpacks onto the floor. 

I sighed and turned on the bathroom sink, giving myself a seemingly unlimited source of water. I coated my hands in the liquid and continued healing Iroh. Zuko stood over his Uncle, clearly worried. 

I removed my hand, "His wound is completely healed. He should wake up in the morning."

Zuko nodded.

"Well," I got up and stretched, "That was a lot for one day, and it's only 5 o'clock," I looked at our bags which were running low on snacks and such.

"(Y/N), wait," Zuko grabbed my arm.

I yawned and looked back at him, "Yes?"

"Sorry."

I shot him a weak smile, "Don't worry about it," I glanced at our bags then back at Zuko and sighed, "I'm going to take a shower, and then find a mall. Go to a Parget or something like that get some more supplies, and find a food court for dinner," I paused, "Do you want to come with?"

He smiled, "Yeah. That sounds nice. Uh, but can I take a shower before we go too?"

I laughed, "Sure, Zuko. But, me first."

"But you always use up all the hot water!"

"You're a firebender. I'm sure you can heat up the water if you need."

He groaned, but he knew I was right.

I was already wearing a white crop top with leggings so I went into my bag and got out an oversized black shirt and grey sweatpants. I brought it with me into the bathroom, along with a hairbrush, and shut the door. I looked myself in the mirror and sighed. I took a quick shower and dried myself off. I put on my sweatpants and my oversized shirt and brushed my hair out. I removed all the water from my hair and put it into the sink. I sighed and opened the door. Zuko was standing right in front of the door, on his phone. 

"Uh... Hi?" I said.

"Oh! (Y/N), you're finished," he hoisted himself off the ground and walked into the bathroom, holding a pair of sweatpants and a redshirt. 

He got out of the shower twenty minutes later, his hair still wet. 

He grabbed his phone and put on his sneakers, which were falling apart, much like mine. We should probably buy new ones when we go to the mall. 

"So," Zuko said once we were outside, "Where's the mall?"

"How would I know? We just got to this town. Look it up on your phone."

"Alright," he took out his phone and went on the maps app, "looks like the nearest mall is a thirty-minute walk."

"Thirty minutes? I'm not walking for that long."

"Well, what do you suggest we do?"

"Uh, call a Duber?"

"Huh. Yeah, that seems smart," he took out his phone and downloaded the Duber app. He called a Duber which came in about 5 minutes. It was only an eight-minute drive to the mall. We thanked the Duber Driver and walked into the mall.

I sighed, "We really need to get a drivers license so we can buy a car."

"Why do we need licenses'? We both know how to drive."

"'Cause they're going to sell a car to someone without a license. We need to get fake ID's or something, what if we need to travel somewhere? How are we supposed to do anything without an ID?"

Zuko ran his hands through his hair, "You're right, but we'll have to deal with that later. So, where are we going first?"

I looked down at his sneakers and then down at mine, "To a damn sneaker store. Come on," I grabbed his arm, "I see a Victoria*."

*(A/N): Some insight: Nike is a sneaker store (I'm pretty sure you guys knew that) named after the Greek God of Victory: Nike. The Roman Equivalent is Victoria. This is a big brain knockoff brand name.

Zuko and I bought simple sneakers. We both bought white sneakers in our respective sizes. I bought Iroh a pair of black sneakers, because I'm sure his smelly sandals are not doing him any justice right now. Then, Zuko and I went to a Parget. We bought snacks, and some more tea for Iroh. Zuko wanted to make him a cup of tea tomorrow morning before he woke up.

Zuko groaned, "Can we please eat now?"

"Shut up," my stomach growled, "Ok, you know what. Fine."

Zuko's face lit up, "The food court is," he glanced at his map of the mall, "Upstairs."

I nodded and we entered the food court. Zuko grinned, "So, what do you want? They have a WcDonalds, a Mendy's, Burger Queen, a Sushi place, and a Boba place."

"Uh, I want WcDonalds but I also want boba."

"Alright, I have leftover cash so I'll go to the WcDonalds and get our food while you go get us boba."

I nodded, "Okay, but you don't know what I want from WcDonalds."

"(Y/N). Do you know how many times we went out to eat together? You want a 10 piece chicken WcNugget, don't you? Oh, and of course large fries."

I grinned, "You're amazing," I patted him on the back and went to get some Boba. We met at a table, and we sat across from each other. I placed our shopping bags on the floor next to us.

Zuko sipped his bubble tea way too fast and started choking on a tapioca pearl. He coughed and then managed to swallow the pearl.

I laughed, "You're such an idiot."

"Hey! What if I had choked on that pearl and died!"

"Good riddance, then," I laughed. 

"Hey!" He fake glared at me, "Whatever. At least I didn't do something really stupid like create an ice wall in front of hundreds of people."

"Really? Well, at least I didn't get my ass kicked by my younger sister."

"You know what, (Y/N)?"

I laughed, "What?"

"Oh," he thought for a moment, "I don't actually know," he grinned, "Do you remember that time we went to Moonbucks before the tournament?"

"That time with the girl who was really bitchy?"

"She was bitchy until she found out you were Seizo's daughter," he laughed, "She looked like she was going to piss herself when she found out." 

"What about that time Wang, or whatever his name was, challenged me and I handed him his ass?"

Zuko grinned, "I've known since the day you beat my old firebending teacher that you were a badass, (Y/N). In fact, even though we've had our... differences," he smiled, "I always know that you'll be there for me."

I smiled, "Zuko..."

He chewed on a fry, "No, seriously. You were the only one to talk to me for me, and not because I was the Prince. The only 'friends' I had were just people who 'liked' me because I was supposed to inherit a nation. You'd give me shit even though you knew who I was."

"Zuko, I'll be honest, before I talked to you, before I lived with you, I thought you were a dick,"

He laughed, "Ouch."

"Hey! Let me finish! The point is, Prince Zuko without the Prince, you're my only friend. You're the only person to not judge me, or think I'm weird-"

"I do think you're weird."

"Shut up! You know what I mean! You were there for me. You were the only person who I confided in. Who I told about my father, who knew about my waterbending." 

Zuko sighed, "I would never tell anyone about the waterbending. It's your secret, and I'll protect it with my life. I- well I'll protect you with my life."

I sighed at the memory, "You're more than a friend, Zuko. You're my family."

Zuko looked serious, "I-I missed this."

"Missed what?"

"Talking to you, sitting down and eating together, letting down our guard, confiding in each other. I missed you, (Y/N)."

"I'm right here, Zuko."

"I know, but we haven't... you haven't let down your guard near me. Not like you used too. You don't tell me anything anymore.

"I'm sorry."

"No! Don't apologize. I should be the one to do that, it's my fault. I just hope... Well, I hope things can go back to normal soon."

I smiled. That sounded nice.

Normal...

***

We returned to the hotel room and basically crashed onto the bed. There were only two beds and Zuko and I agreed that Iroh should get his space, so we slept on the same bed. Zuko offered to take the couch, but we were both tired and we both deserved a goodnights sleep.

When we woke up the next day, Iroh was still out cold. 

I tapped Iroh, "Iroh! Wakey-wakey!"

Iroh groaned and blinked twice before fully opening his eyes. Zuko walked over to us, "Uncle, you're awake!"

Iroh heaved himself up, "What happened?"

"Azula did this to you. It was a surprise attack," Zuko answered. 

"Not that any of us were surprised that she would do something like that," I chimed in.

Iroh nodded. 

Zuko handed him a cup of tea which Iroh happily drank. 

"So Uncle, I've been thinking. It's only a matter of time before I run into Azula again. I'm going to need to know more advanced firebending if I want to stand a chance against her."

I nodded, "I fully agree. We need to train to take her on. Besides, she probably has Mai and Ty Lee with her, and from what I hear they both have their own set of advanced techniques. Even if they don't bend."

Zuko looked at his Uncle, "I know what you're going to say: she's my sister and I should be trying to get along with her."

Iroh looked at Zuko and me, a bewildered expression on his face, "No, she's crazy, and she needs to go down," he grunted and got up, "It's time to resume your training. Both of you."

So, we checked out of the hotel room, got our backpacks and went to the woods. Where else were we supposed to train without being seen? People who had bending abilities that weren't Earth Bending in the Earth Kingdom are kind of fishy... don't you think?

Iroh smiled, "Lightning is a pure form of firebending, without aggression. It is not fueled by rage or emotion the way other firebending is. Some call lightning the cold-blooded fire. It is precise and deadly, like Azula. To perform the technique requires peace of mind."

I raised my hand.

Iroh looked at me, "Yes?"

"I already know how to generate lightning, can I go play on my phone?"

Iroh looked at me weirdly, "Uh. No."

"But-"

"Shhh, There is energy all around us. The energy is both yin and yang. Positive energy and negative energy. Only a select few firebenders can separate these energies. This creates an imbalance. The energy wants to restore balance, and in a moment the positive and negative energy come crashing back together, you provide release and guidance, creating lightning," Iroh blasted lightning at a tree, setting it ablaze. I bent water from a nearby lake, stopping the fire from spreading. Wildfires are no joke people.

Zuko grinned, "I'm ready to try it!"

"Woah there," I said, "You literally heard him go on some rant about energy and then blast lightning, and you think you're ready?"

"Yes."

"I will never understand you."

***

Zuko was not having any luck with lightning generation. In fact, he was failing miserably. It was kind of sad.

Zuko was growing frustrated, which Iroh noticed. Iroh stopped Zuko from trying again, "I have another idea. I will teach you a firebending move that even Azula doesn't know, because I made it up myself."

Zuko smiled.

I also smiled, "Hey, Iroh, if this is a new technique, can I actually participate this time?"

Iroh laughed, "Yes, (Y/N)."

Iroh went on another long explanation about the four elements and what they represent, and then he started talking about his technique. Lightning redirection. Essentially, he uses waterbending form and flow to do this.

I grinned, "So... you're telling me, you're technique is firebending, of course, but it needs the flow and fighting style of a waterbender?"

Iroh nodded. 

"In other words... what I do every day?"

"Well," Iroh stroked his beard, "Yes."

Iroh explained the technique, and we practiced the moves. Iroh looked impressed at Zuko and me. We had executed the movements perfectly. 

"Excellent! You guys have got it!" Iroh exclaimed. 

Zuko smiled, "Great, I'm ready to try it with real lightning!"

Iroh looked at him, "Are you absolutely insane? I'm not blasting lightning at you?"

That did not go over well with Zuko.

"I thought that was the point! You teaching me to protect myself from it!" Zuko yelled. 

"If you're lucky, you will never have to use this technique at all!

I could practically see the steam coming out of Zuko's ears, "Well, if you won't help me, I'll find my own lightning," he started to turn away. 

I ran towards him, putting my hands on his shoulder and forcing him to turn around, "Zuko, don't run off every time you get frustrated. What if Iroh blasted lightning at you, and you didn't redirect in time? You could get yourself killed!"

"So you don't think I can do it?"

"What?" I exclaimed, "Of course I think you're capable. But even the most talented people mess up at something they're good at. You don't want to take the chance."

Zuko looked away. I moved his head back and forced him to look at me again. I gave him pleading eyes, "Zuko. Please."

He sighed, "Fine. For you," He leaned forward, resting his head on my shoulder, "I'm tired."

 I sighed and stroked his hair, "Me too." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.7K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
260K 7.6K 70
๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž | แด€สŸสŸ ส™แดแดแด‹s โ Fire can be and is destructive but learning doesn't have to be. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ข๐ซ๐›๐ž๐ง...
80.5K 2.5K 16
DISCONTINUED ๏ผŠ*โ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™โœฉโ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™*หš๐Ÿ”ฅหš*โ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™โœฉโ€ขฬฉฬฉอ™*หš๏ผŠ She was born to be a strong warrior. Not only did she possess the ability to firebend, but the blood of th...
25.8K 1K 30
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...