𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭�...

By choitomie

𝖂𝖍𝖔 𝕳𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗? ~ℐ ℊℴ𝓉 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓅ℴ𝓌ℯ𝓇. Enter, Sunako Hamada. A girl who paved her... More

Foreword
Character Information
Prologue
Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Character Costume Information
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Part Two
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Part Three
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Ten

7.3K 257 56
By choitomie

The sound of Sunako's alarm roused her from her slumber. She stretched her limbs and cracked her joints. Her body was still sore from the training it endured yesterday, but overall, Sunako felt recharged and ready for the day. She reached over the nightstand and took her phone, silencing the alarm and checking the time. '6:00 am' it read. That was enough time to get ready.

Sunako stood up and walked to the bathroom while rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. She glanced at herself in the mirror and checked her appearance. Her red hair was loose from its usual intricate braid and was knotted all over. She took care of her hair first and brushed her teeth. Getting in the shower felt like Sunako was dumped with a cold bucket of water. Her senses awakened and her muscles relaxed. And most of all, her thoughts started to register. Memories of yesterday's events came back to her, it wasn't at all unpleasant.  But the memory of last night's dinner with a certain boy caused her to flush. 

Sunako shook her head and finished her shower. She got dressed in a white lined track pants and a simple shirt and started to work on her braids. Her hands were shaking a bit and her fingers were cold. She didn't know why but suspected it to be nerves for the day. A soft knock on her hotel door caught her attention, putting down her hair brush and walking over to it.

When she opened the door, she was greeted with the sight of Shouto, whom was standing by the door with his hands in his pockets. Sunako froze and took out the clips that was holding her fringe. She cleared her throat and straightened up.

"To—uh Shouto, what is it?" Sunako stumbled over her words, remembering that he allowed her to call him by his first name just last night.

"The old man had an emergency meeting. He said we'd start at nine instead." Shouto said monotonously.

"Oh, alright then.." Sunako trailed off, however, Shouto remained in his spot just casually still gazing at her.

"Breakfast sounds nice, do you wanna tag along again?" Sunako got the courage to ask, leaning on the door.

"Sure, I'll go." Shouto said, his eyes seemed a lot brighter.

"Great, I'll uh..just go get my things." Why the hell was Sunako stumbling over her words around him? She didn't know. She quickly closed the door and grabbed her things, pocketing her phone and grabbing her wallet. She opened the door and closed it behind her. Her and Shouto began to walk side by side again.

The sun outside was nicely warm. Not too harsh and not too dim. It was early in the morning and the restaurants were still getting settled, meaning that they had to wait for them to open.

"So, what do you have in mind?" Shouto spoke up, turning his gaze on her.

"Hm, since the restaurants are still opening, I know this food market that opens super early. They have really good stuff there. Is that alright with you?" Sunako said, grinning at the thought of freshly prepared bentos.

"I haven't really been to food markets before. But I guess it won't be bad to try." Shouto said.

"You haven't? I bet you'll like it there! They probably have this really fresh sashimi that's been prepared by fine cooks. Oh and once I had this dango with red bean paste, it has to come with a green tea and it's really good. Though I still prefer to drink ram—oh sorry now I'm just rambling." Sunako started to ramble about the food markets when she realized that she's probably being annoying.

Shouto felt light when he saw Sunako's new side. That is when she started to talk about the food market. He sensed that she probably loves it there, as her grin looks like it has experienced paradise.

"No it's...I find it interesting. Tell me more." Shouto said genuinely. He wanted to see more of her personality that he has yet to see.

"Y—you do?" Sunako said shocked. She was glad that she didn't annoy him. He nodded and looked away from her.

"Oh well, as I was saying, I prefer to drink ramune. Especially on a nice day like this. Ramunes are the best, they have tons of different flavors. And my goal is to try them all." Sunako continued.

"How close are you?" Shouto asked her. Returning his gaze back to her.

"Hm?" Sunako asked, not quite getting his question.

"How close are you to trying them all?" He replied.

"Oh well, I would say not that close. I'm sure there's a lot in different places. And I haven't gone anywhere on a trip." She said. She stopped walking and stood in front of Shouto.

"Here we are." Sunako said, arm outstretched gesturing to the food market behind her.

"It's...there's alot here." Shouto said, looking around the place.

"Yep, you can find different variations of food here. On a stick, on a bento, or on a bowl. You name it." Sunako told him. Beginning to lead him over a stall.

"Okay, so here they have a sushi on bento, noodles on a bowl...and they don't have dangos." Sunako listed. Looking dismayed at the lack of her favorite food.

She must really love dangos, I'll be keeping that in mind.

Shouto asked for a cold soba with a dipping sauce, turning around and seeing Sunako standing in front of a stall holding a bento. He went over to her and tapped her shoulder.

"What did you get? I just have this onigiri bento." She said, showing him her food. Neatly made onigiri lined the bento. Some have designs of a cat and some were simple.

They sat down in table a little away from other people. "I got a cold soba. Have you ever had it?" Shouto said, breaking apart his chopsticks.

"Cold soba? The one you had last night? I haven't tried it before. Hijikata-san didn't know how to make proper noodles then. So I haven't tried it yet." Sunako said, swallowing her food.

"It's really good, I like it. Here try it." Shouto said, handing over his chopsticks to her and pushing the bowl towards her.

Sunako blushed, then took the chopsticks. She grabbed the noodles and dipped them in the sauce, she slowly brought it up to her lips and ate it. She chewed for a little, then grinned.

"Oh wow! It is good." She exclaimed, delighted to have experienced the taste. She gave the chopsticks and bowl back to Shouto and resumed eating her food.

"I'll start to eat more of those, thanks Shouto." Sunako shyly smiled at him.

They ate in silence through the whole time, occasionally glancing over each other. They finished and put away their food.

"I'm getting a ramune, want one?" Sunako asked him, beginning to stand up from her seat.

"I haven't had one too, but I'll try it out." Shouto said, standing up with her.

"I saw a vending machine there, come on." Sunako said, leading him over to its direction.

"Just pop it?"

"Yeah, you just pop it."

"With this...thing?"

"Here I'll show you."

Sunako held up the ramune bottle and  slammed her palm down the top of the popper. The bottle released a hiss and the smell of sweet strawberry filled their senses.

"Now you do it."

Shouto held the bottle, and slammed his palm on the popper, but the bottle released a different hiss and the soda began to rise up. Shouto held the bottle away from him as the liquid began to rise up.

"Oh god, uh...um put it on your mouth!" Sunako instructed, panicking.

Shouto obeyed and wrapped his lips around the top of the bottle. Shouto drank the liquid as some managed to leak from his mouth and drip down his chin. He lowered the bottle once he finished it. Hissing a little at the burn of the carbonation.

"That wasn't supposed to happen, I swear." Sunako nervously laughed and scratched her neck.

Shouto softly chuckled at her, "It's fine, it was really good too."

"Here um, use this to wipe it off." Sunako took out her handkerchief and handed it to him. He took it and started to wipe the liquid off of his chin and mouth. He gave it back to her once he finished.

"We should probably get back, it's already eight-thirty." Sunako said, looking at her phone. Shouto followed after her, walking side by side again.

❦︎

"I want to see the progress you have from yesterday. Start and don't use your quirks." Endeavor said, arms crossed. They had gotten back at the office not long ago, they are now standing in the training room in their gym clothes. Shouto's expression has lost its unusual softness, the one he had earlier. It was now replaced with a glare.

Sunako got ready and faced Shouto, whom did the same. They trained alot yesterday and Sunako spent her sweat and energy trying to take down Shouto. She had gotten pretty close too, if it weren't for her exhaustion.

Sunako launched the first move, thrusting her fist at Shouto. Shouto avoided her fist with a sidestep, but at soon as Shouto leaned back, Sunako used her elbow to hit him square in the face, stunning him for a moment. Sunako spun and got behind him, she kicked and used her shin to hit the back of his legs. Causing him to drop to his knees. Sunako kicked him hard in the chest and he flew back on the floor.

Shouto laid there stunned, but he got up quickly and faced the girl again.
"Where did you learn that?" He muttered.

"Hours of training with you." Sunako smirked.

They continued to spar for what felt like hours. Endeavor remained quiet and observant the whole time. Seeing how well the two worked against each other. Eventually, he had seen enough and is satisfied.

"That's enough. Take a moment to recuperate and change into your costumes. We're going on a patrol." Endeavor said, walking out of the room when he was done.

Shouto helped the girl up to her feet, the girl wiped at the sweat on her forehead. They left the training room and went into their respective rooms to change.

Sunako checked her phone after she was dressed, it was dark outside now and the night approaches. She saw replies from her friends

From: Eiji Kirishima
To: My 'shade of red' buddy!
Waah! Endeavor?! Congrats on that Sunako!
Sunako I heard that the hero killer was reported to be in your area, please stay safe!

Sunako smiled at the thoughtfulness of her friend, keeping in mind to thank him when she gets the time.

From: yellow nuthead
To: Sunako-chaann
It must've been Kirishima! That guy!

Sunako put her phone down and zipped up her boots. She opened the door and closed it behind her, heading to the lobby to meet up with the rest. Their patrol would be somewhere in the streets of Hosu, where the hero killer was spotted. Sunako kept in mind to take Kirishima's words to stay safe and focus. She only hoped that no more villains would come and launch an attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.2K 16
DISCONTINUED In a universe where each person is born knowing an original melody, a song that no one else knows but their soulmate. Y/N L/N is a girl...
147K 5.1K 21
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎." "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎." ˜"*...
29.5K 541 23
Y/n Aizawa. The hidden daughter of Shota Aizawa. She's been homeschooled all of her life but when she told her dad that she wanted to become a hero...
1.6K 50 24
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...