The Merchant of the Black Mar...

By jdoggy

When a local Italian antiques dealer is found dead in the Mediterranean Sea, thousands of famous paintings an... More

Author's Note and cast
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9:
Chapter 11: The Knight from the Sovereign Military Order of Malta
Chapter 12: The new chief of the CIA
Chapter 13: The GrandMaster of Knights of Malta
Chapter 15 : The wild one
Chapter 16 :The Operatives
Chapter 17: One Rough lady
Chapter 18: The resident Knight of Fort St Angelo
Chapter 19:Goning Rogue
Chapter 20:Got it in you
Chapter 21 : Storm Rising
Chapter 22 : Out of the darkness
Chapter 23: Dirty wars and spies
Chapter 24:Appear where not your expected
Chapter 25: Repair for war unless it was intentional
Chapter 26:The search for the chapel
Chapter 27: The Traitor within the Entity
Chapter 28: All good things come to wait
Chapter 29:The exchange
Chapter 31:Live to rise
Chapter 32: There maybe traitors and lairs we call them assets
Chapter 33: I grew accustomed to walking the knife-edge
Chapter 34: Sperate ways
Chapter 35: The blackness of a storm
Chapter 36:The Truth about Leslie Alexis
Chapter 37:The savage sister
Chapter 38:Written in the stars
Chapter 39 : Raging fire
Chapter 40: There aren't enough, some spies have to invent them
Chapter 42: Set it off
Chapter 43:The private collectors
Chapter 44: Unfinished buisness
Chapter 45: The Lighting of the storm
Chapter 46: The White Nights Private collector
Chapter 47: Legendary Daughter
Chapter 48: The cleaner and spy
Chapter 49: The bullet meant for Vito
Chapter 50: The Auctioner
Chapter 51:Uncovering the traitor
Chapter 52: Private Auction
Chapter 53: Shadow of Rogue
Chapter 54: Walking through the fire
Interview with the characters
Separate fact from Fiction
MY achivements and awards

Chapter 30:The Trap

27 7 9
By jdoggy

Washington, DC White House, Malta Valletta

President Roberts Pov

President Roberts closed the classified file on the screen on her computer thinking and considering her options on what to do about Ruyan. She could benefit from having the Raptor killed after all, the man with many faces did fact work for the Navy Seal as sniper part of a kill team.

So in a way she would be terminating the world's one domestic terrorist and assassin. The question was she could trust Ruyan.

She rose up from the Resolute desk, walking over to the window that looked out to the Roosevelt Garden had to come this she thought.

She knew what she was about to do there would be repercussions, but what at cost?

All she could know that Ruyan had highly Classified information on encrypted disc after that operation. There was a great saying by President Kennedy that she liked and gone by.

"Ask not what your country can for you, ask what you can for your country,"

Operation Phantom was disastrous much like the Bay of Pigs that the CIA was involved in. Expcept for one she didn't use them, she had used the White Nights.

Not knowing that Ruyan was going to use it against to find the Raptor. She wasn't going to let her ruin the presidency that she worked so hard to get.

"Get Me, Director Hamilton, immediately," President Roberts told her National Security Advisor.

"Madame President what are you thinking of doing," The National security Advisor replied

"I'm going to help Ruyan terminate the Raptor for good, but I want a back plan just case it goes awry so," President remarked.

"Madame President there has to be other options to use you really can't trust Ruyan I would advise you not to help her the Raptor think of your Presidency," chief of Staff Kevin Court told her.

"Don't you know I aware of that Court that's why I need a backup plan because I'm going to bring down all my power onto her after I'm done helping her take the Raptor out," President Roberts exclaimed.

The National security advisor strolled over to the Resolute desk and quickly dialed for the Director Hamilton at the CIA if everything went as planned as she hoped there would be nothing

to worry about. The National Security Advisor and the Chief of Staff stood there in shock at what she was about to do and say.

The phone rang on Director Hamilton desk on the eleventh floor of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Laurette picks up the phone seeing the number from was the Oval Office in the White House.

"Madame President I wasn't expecting your call to after the Alpha team had stopped Victor Kenton and the black market, may I ask what this about," Director Hamilton asked her

"I need to know to the Raptor where is now?," President Roberts, remarked

There was a pause on the other end of the line before Director Hamilton spoke again. She scrolled up the screen and clicked on the file name Poison apple.

Three minutes later the flash onto the screen showing intel on the Raptor as Director Hamilton, stated:" Our intel suggests that the Raptor is Malta I have one my agents working with him Leslie Alexis, Why do you need to know this Madame President?"

"I'm going to help Ruyan eliminate the Raptor for good, but also going to need a backup after so I need five our of best agents or assassins!," President Roberts remarked.

"Madame President I would advice not do that Ruya is extremely dangerous and can't be trusted and as for the Raptor let us handle that matter," Director Hamilton told her.

"Trust me, Director Hamilton I know how dangerous she is," President Roberts, remarked ending the call on the phone in the Oval office

President Roberts picked up the phone from the Resolute desk and punched in the number for Ruyan. She looked at her National security Advisor and then at her chief of staff, they nodded at her knowing, what she was about to deal but didn't say anything.

Ruyan walked back into the hotel when she heard her Satellite phone buzz on the desk the window. She grabbed it picking up and clicked the accept button when she saw the number was from the Oval office.

"The Raptor is Malta in Valletta Miss Ruyan after this was done and if you try anything, I will bury put you into the ground got it," President Roberts stated.

"Why I would do that, you have the disc now that I gave you to look at it? Our arrangement is done pleasure doing business with you Madame President," Ruyan told her.

"We never had an arrangement you manipulated me to get you what and now it's over goodbye Miss Ruyan"

"It's never goodbye Madame President ,it's only until next time and believe me there will be a next time," Ruyan told her.

President Roberts hung up the receiver of the phone on the Resolute desk, she knew that Ruyan would be stopped for. There Was no next time for her. She never intended to use the White Nights in covert op in Afghanistan but she had. 

Now she was going to fix that if it meant putting a round into her she would authorize that. Every President had their own scandal, President Kennedy had the Bay of Big of Pigs Nixon had the Watergate Reagan had the Iran Contra. And this was her Operation Phantom.

Ruyan put her dark sunglasses grabbed walking out of her room and down the elegant staircase exiting out through the front doors in the lobby. She ventured over to St John Co-cathedral and found an exit staircase leading up to the bell tower where perch would be. She scaled up the staircase fast until she reached it.

Malta, Valletta

Ruyan

Ruyan ventured over to the bell tower where her Perch was going to be she opened up the pelican case, removing her International Accuracy sniper rifle, pulling out the tripod before she layed in the prone position. This was going to risky, she knew as she adjusted the turrets on the sniper rifle.

Once she spotted Leslie with the Raptor it wouldn't be hard to terminate him unless he had changed appeared again? Her finger rested on the trigger and the breathing slowed down as she looked through the powerful scope waiting on the right moment. Yes the Raptor was one of the best assassins, but she herself had owned and ran a network of assassins and was still a top-notch assassin.

Leslie and The Raptor walked out of the Church of St Leslie, she was still trying to figure out what the saying on the map meant?

They walked down the cobblestone street, passing through a crowd of people walking along. Ruyan zeroed on the Raptor through the crosshairs. She noted the wind was blowing slightly to the left the temperature was right not freezing cold.

When the assassins had trained them at the White Nights training camp she trained to them to the best what they do, how to adjust the turrets on the sniper rifle waiting for the right moment and how what kind of bullets to use. She knew that the Raptor was Apex predator an ex-navy seal sniper.

Well, she was a predator too, she was a hunter, a skill ruthless foreign agent and assassin. In many ways she was like the Raptor herself expect she knew the rules of the game and how to survive. She quickly spotted Leslie then saw the Raptor any moment now she thought.

She pulled the trigger on her International Accuracy sniper rifle as a high velocity 50 caliber supersonic round flew out in the air as the Raptor looked up. The round split his head open like a melon as he dropped to the ground.

Ruyan got up on her knees folded in the tripod and placed it back into the pelican case and disappearing the back staircase and ventured back over to the Grand Harbor hotel. She walked over through the front doors of the hotel into the lobby. Strolling up the staircase she knew that Victor would be pleased that the Raptor was no longer a problem,

Leslie got down on her knees, tear in her eyes not knowing where the shot had from come? Although she had worked for Mogilevich assassin before the Raptor was the very first one she actually started working for her.

She could always work for another assassin there, probably lots looking for a cleaner. She reached into her pocket in her jacket, pulling out her burner and punched in the number for Director Hamilton before she spoke.

Director Hamilton picked up her burner from the bottom in the Central Intelligence Agency and clicked the accept button.

"We have a problem that Raptor is dead, someone or another assassin terminated him," Leslie told Director Hamilton.

"Fuck that not's good Leslie your going have to keep your cover still we need to bring down Kenton for good," Director Hamilton told her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 1
After running to the scene of a plane crash in Abu Dhabi, Nick Chevalier stumbles across classified military secrets. A ruthless terrorist will stop...
1.1M 24.4K 76
𝗙𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗺𝗮 Sage Athena Ferrari Her mom helped her get kidnapped by her fathers rivals, The Russians. Kidnapped when she was just 3 years old...
Mine By RRCreations9

Mystery / Thriller

240 65 16
Mafia Princess Ariana, who is an assassin, also known as the famous Black Hand. What happens when she crosses path with world's deadly man, when unex...
51.8K 865 36
"Whatever happens between us is poisonous and doomed." ----- Gianna Berlusconi is an assassin. Trained from her early years to kill, making her an im...