Just Roommates

By pina_colada_9876

Meet Diya Gupta an ambitious, independent, self made party girl whose life revolves around her company and s... More

The Veil
48 hours prior
48 hours prior- Part 2
Aftermath of the wedding
From Arjun
Getting Drunk
How to handle a drunk girl
from the author
logger heads
and it begins
being a trouble
lambi kahani hai
wifely duties
The ritual
Coffee?
Lipstick isn't for the cheek
The merger
The Merger - II
partition
relax, you're not going to let them down
Contract
Rajgera
Lost
welcome aboard
Lizard Alert
Arjun Sir
you know it, Arjun
Dive
Important
Rakhi
the basket ball affair
The heart wants what it wants
Horror movie
Kuch toh log kahenge
Condom
Twist in the tale
Whirlpool
is this good bye
Meeta's back
it's fine
Guy count
Try me
karva chauth
Thunder roars
jhooth
midnight cravings
wedding
The union
Epilogue
bonus?
note

page number 229

11.5K 552 10
By pina_colada_9876

Diya was asleep when Arjun arrived back, he got into the bed and wrapped his arm around her trying not to disturb her, she was such a light sleeper that he'd have to calculate all his movements. 
With the first ray of the sun, Diya, slowly slipped out of Arjun's hold but Arjun's hand caught her again, as usual. 

"Mrs. Goenka you have to complete what you started yesterday" Arjun said groggily

"Call me Mrs. Goenka and I'll do nothing of that sort" Diya warned him trying to free herself from the grip

"Come on Diya, it's too early come back to bed, please I don't wanna get up so early" Arjun said, irritability changing to pleading 

Diya got into the bed and ruffled Arjun's hair. She loved what they had right now but she also couldn't afford to miss out on work, the sooner they'd complete their work, the sooner they could leave for Dehli, 

"You can sleep for longer Arjun, I have to finish some work, don't worry" She said and left the bed after giving him a peck on the cheek. Arjun was too tired to argue, he'd returned just an hour ago and decided to continue sleeping.

_

"You know I'm more interesting than this book" Arjun said as he dropped his bag on the couch, pounced on the bed and threw his shoes on the floor. He then lay horizontally putting the weight of his head on his elbow. Diya was concentrating on her book. 

"You're back early today" She said looking at her watch, it was almost 12.30 in the night, she meant it sarcastically 

"Yeah I went for site inspection now so those bastards wouldn't disturb our sleep"

"Actually just mine, because you promised to wait for me and then ended up sleeping!" Arjun said slowly pushing himself towards Diya. 

"Yeah, I know i tried staying up didn't even realize when I slept" Diya said and then went back to her book, she was going to find out who the killer was at the end of the gripping murder mystery. 

"Wow, I just slogged the entire day and here I am, zero attention from my wife!" Arjun exclaimed looking at Diya

"tsk, wait for a few minutes no" Diya said not even looking up from the book. She suddenly felt the book snatched from her hands. Arjun held it and smirked at her. She tried to get it from him but Arjun got out of the bed

"Arjun give me the book!" Diya demanded

"Come and get it" Arjun teased her

"oh okay, just dont remove your finger from the page that I was on" Diya said and then came to get it. Arjun waited there holding the book in his hand he then raised it for Diya to get it. Diya got on her toes to try to get it and suddenly Arjun arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer. They made eye contact and Arjun accidentally flung the book on the bed and dived into Diya's lips. A furious Diya dived right back in. This time it wasn't soft or sensual. They were fighting to gain dominance, Arjun's tongue demanded it's way in and so did Diya's, a war had begun in their mouths. Diya kissed him harder and harder, furious for him disturbing her it was like she was getting her revenge making him feel like a beginner in this game. Arjun tries to grab the dominance but Diya just wouldn't let him. She was a more experienced player but she'd act it out only when she wanted to. Arjun seemed to enjoy this, it became more like a challenge to him. Her anger had boiled into passion and Arjun seemed to be making the most of it.

He had suddnely sought dominance. His hand went inside her top, travelling all over her bare back, they suddenly felt breathless and stopped for a moment. This time Arjun began again, biting her upper lip, rupturing it and enjoying it. She knew how to play this game and playing a game only becomes fun when the opponent knows how to play it. Her hands that were perviously lingering around in his hair found their path down to the neck, she began touching his neck sensually to gain an upped hand. 

The hot anger resulting kiss slowly began smoothening, maybe because the both of them were tired or maybe just because they thought they had defeated the other person. Their tongues rested back in the grave dug for it and Arjun slowly moved his lips from her lips, to her earlobe and was now in the crook of her neck. Biting her, Diya continued touching him delicately and was soon enough biting him on his neck. Arjun's hand's, unhooked the ends of the bra and began making circles on her back, sucking on the crook of her neck, kissing, sucking, biting the both of them had no idea what was going on now. Arjun's hands travelled from the Diya's back to her front, he pulled down her top and touched her breast. Diya suddenly realized what was going on and pulled away. She quickly put on her top back. 

The both of them were breathless. She looked away. She was comfortable with the intimacy but she just wasn't okay with him touching her breast. She felt shy, it was Arjun! I mean Arjun. That was mainly the reason why DIya had never indulged herself in physicality with the people she knew! Arjun was a little taken aback at this respone but then he had promised to take it slow, he thought maybe he had crossed a boundary.

"I'm so sorry!" He whispered, panting simultaneously with Diya. 

"Can we take it a little slow?" Diya asked 

Care and affection replaced the passion that was in Arjun's eyes. He smiled at her and said 'sure'. He couldn't stop grinning, he moved back and stood there taking support of the wall. Diya straightened her disheveled self. She bent down to pick her book and dusted it a little. She was wanted to still be mad at him for making her lose her page but she felt that the revenge was taken

"By the way, the page number is 229" Arjun smirked, 

Diya gaped and rolled her eyes, straightening her lips. She took her book and sat on the bed, not looking at Arjun. Concentrating on the book but she was only pretending, after that session, how could anyone concentrate! Man, she would've never needed casual sex had she found Arjun earlier, she told herself. 

"Are you trying to concentrate or pretending?" Arjun asked with a play ful smile, removing the pillow between them. He got on to the bed and moved Towards DIya on his knees, he then sat beside her and placed his head on her shoulder. Diya forced her shoulder down so he wouldn't be able to rest on it and  made a face at him. 

"Aww, is my mrs...Go-" Arjun started, Diya stared at him, threatening him to not say Mrs Goenka, He quickly corrected it. "-upta, mad at me?" it sounded like Go-upta. Diya smiled not because of how the gupta sounded but because she had finally convinced him to call her Gupta, in whatever possible way that she did use. Yet she didn't respond and still sat there grumpily, reading the first line of the page that she was on, again and again! It was simple english, 'Sam held a gun in his hand' Yet it wasn't making any sense to her!

He gave her a small kiss on her shoulder, Diya turned around and glared at him. She shut her book, put it on the table next to her and got under the covers, switching off the bulb on her side while getting under the sheets. 

Arjun knew she was only pretending but he decided to play around. So he got into the sheets with her and put his arms around her waist, Diya tried to move away from him, she'd push herself a little to the edge of the bed and Arjun would follow. This went on till she was almost on the edge. Arjun knew she was too stubborn to retreat so he moved all the way to his edge of the bed and pulled the entire blanket towards himself so Diya was left with none. 

"HUh!" Diya exclaimed when she saw that she didn't have any blanket left over her. SO she huffed and turned the other side. Arjun laughed at Diya's stubborn self. He took the blanket and put it on her, while enveloping her in his hands.

"Is this about us moving too fast?" Arjun asked gently, this was a fact that he had to ascertain before he went on with his other playful antics. 

"No" Diya said clearing it out, she knew that this playful banter would go on for sometime and she didn't mind it.

"It's about you snatching my book and pretending you didn't know the page even though you did!" Diya said aloud justifying her stance

"But it was all worth it right?" 

"No it wasn't" Diya said grumpily

"Yeah well I had to take revenge for last night na, and every morning when you leave me in the bed even when I beg you to stay" Arjun whispered in her ear. 

"So, do I take revenge for you leaving me every night, not returning while I wait only to return as soon as I sleep!?" Diya argued

"Achha okay baba, it's my fault? okay? I'm sorry" Arjun said, kissing her head, enough for her to turn around and melt in his arms

"I know a news that can get you back to normal"

"What?"  Diya asked pretending to be indifferent

"We can leave for Delhi tomorrow" Arjun said

"OH my god, really!!!!" Diya cried out her eyes gleaming with happiness. She hugged Arjun tightly and Arjun hugged her back. 

"Okay fine, now can you loosen your grip a little pleaaaaassssssssssssssseeee" Diya begged him

"NO, I cannot, this time you wont be able to run away in the morning" 

"Please, I can't sleep like this" Diya explained, Arjun loosened his grip and only put a hand on her waist now. His phone rang. It was the site manager.

"What ramesh? I thought we completed everything, what do you want now!?"

"SIr, can you please come and check something out, you'll be leaving for Delhi again, next morning" The caller on the other line said. Arjun slowly got up and picked his flashlight up from the table. 

"Site call again?" Diya asked lying on the bed. Her arms stretched out and the pillow between them. 

"Yeah, don't wait, this will take some time, if we wanna go to Delhi tomorrow" Arjun said tying the laces of his shoes. 

"Hmm, stay safe and take someone from the team with you" Diya said. Arjun liked it, getting someone's sole attention, concern and protectiveness as well as having someone to protect. 

"I will" Arjun said, bending back to caress Diya's hair. He stroked it with his hands and she smiled to him. Arjun smiled back. There was something jittery in his head, heart and stomach, something about how much he liked her. But he didn't want to say it, maybe now, maybe never, he didn't know where this would go. It felt so secure and yet it was like a large bus in the tip of a cliff. He stood up abruptly and left the room. Diya whose eyelid were now bowing, didn't seem to notice this abruptness.

-

Arjun wanted to drive to Delhi himself, the amazing expressway, smooth roads, no traffic and the breeze would make it an enjoyable experience but he was too sleepy and too tired to do so, so they decided to take the driver. Diya had gotten up early in the morning to pack the stuff that they needed, just a few minutes after Arjun came to bed after returning from the site inspection. He looked exhausted. Diya tried to quietly pack everything without any hustle butle. She was somewhat sleepy too, she had been up completing the book and waiting for Arjun to come but slept in the middle of the wait. 

It was as if Arjun woke up from the bed and directly went and slept in the car. Diya too, exhausted, crammed into the car. Arjun found it very easy to sleep in the car but Diya just couldn't find any support to sleep on. After almost 45 minutes of the journey, Arjun's eyes opened, he noticed Diya struggling find a perfect support to sleep on, He pulled her towards him. She rested her head on the shoulder and suddenly the entire journey zoomed past her. 

"Diya, we're home, get up" Arjun shook her as they entered the gate of the mansion. 

The servants got their bags out, while Arjun dashed to the door, the door opened without Arjun even ringing the bell, what kinda of 6th sense do mothers have Diya thought as she walked behind him. Sumitra's face gleamed with joy, she wrapped Arjun in a tight hug, it's like she could've cried right there. How is it that when men leave their house for  a few months, there is a storm in the eyes of a mother but a woman is expected to leave her parent's house for a lifetime, Diya thought to herself. 

"I missed you so much my bachcha" Sumitra said to Arjun cupping his face. She then turned to Diya, She gave her a quick hug, "Diya, look at how pale you have become, look so tired! have you not been eating properly? this workaholic Arjun must be making you work too much right!" Sumitra said with concern

"Maa, how am I responsible for this?" Arjun asked in a playful accusatory tone, "Infact maa, Diya is more of a workaholic than me!" Arjun declared smirking at Diya. Shreya came from behind and hugged her brother, "Maa, bhabhi looks so tired because bhaiya doesn't let her sleep, kyun bhabhi?" Shreya teased them. Diya stood there awkwardly, if anything Arjun seemed to make her sleep more comfortable and better. Shreya hugged Diya then and they inquired about each other's whereabouts. 

"Bhaiya!!" Came a loud voice from behind, there could be only one person, Arjun put his hands out for Dev to come and hug him, Dev rushed towards him but instead hugged Diya leaving Arjun hanging. 

"What was that for?" Arjun asked

"Bhaiya, after we came back, only bhabhi was nice enough to call and check on me, you workaholic business man, have no courtesy only" Dev said putting his arms around Diya

"Bhabhi no worries now, bhaiya must have bored you so much, now you can come and stay only with us, bhaiya can kindly" Dev paused and then mouthed to Arjun, "F u c k o f f" Arjun heard it and said, "achcha abhi batata hoon na"  he began chasing him all over the house. 

-

"You guys must be so tired, go and rest for a while" Sumitra said as she served Arjun his favourite curry.

"Maa, they've come from their honeymoon, why will they be tired?" Dev said pulling Arjun's leg

"You started again" Arjun glared Dev

"Dev, stop now, don't tease them so much that they cut their visit short" Sumitra said. "Arjun tell me what will you have for Dinner? And Diya, you haven't eaten anything! No wonder you have look so pale!"

"Maa, in Rajghera, bhaiya had to forcefully put food in bhabhi's food for her to eat, apparently she hated the food over there" Shreya put her observation forward from the last time she had visited her

"Diya, now that you are here, you will strictly follow my diet, and eat everything that I give you, you should have recovered all the weight that you have lost in this week" Sumitra said sternly 

"Mummyji no please, there is nothing like that everyone is just exaggerating"

"What is this mummyji mummyji, then you were new so it was okay, but now toh you are a full fledged part of our family, and do we treat you any less than we treat Arjun?" She scolded  Diya

Diya still confused about what this was about meekly responded, "Umm, no?" Arjun was amused seeing her like this, in the room she's become a lioness and on the table she was a rabbit. 

"Then call me and Manish, maa and papa no, just like Arjun does!" 

"Okay maa" Diya responded at once

"See now that's like a good girl" Sumitra gleamed with pride

"Bhabhi, we are staying up with you the entire night, dev and I have planned so many things!" Shreya said excitedly

"Yeha yeah, leave that, Diya what will you have for Dinner"

Arjun was suddenly astonished at all the attention that his wife was getting, "what is all this! Why is Diya getting all the attention?? First Dev comes and hugs diya first, leaving me hanging then Shreya has everything planned for Diya and now Maa you also?" Diya smirked at him, Arjun glared at her and then whispered to her, "I'll see you in the room", Diya's cheeks reddened and she continued eating her food pretending like she hadn't heard him. 

"obviously, do we not know how hard of a person you are to handle, poor Diya must be taking all the trouble to deal with you, shouldn't she get our attention then" His father intervened. 

The entire table including Diya burst out laughing. 

-

Diya sat in front of the A C joyfully, she had missed it so much. She let the cool air hit her face. Arjun entered the room with his bags. "You seemed to be very amused at the table" Arjun said, Diya who was enjoying the cool air took no notice of him, "Oh okay, it's not even been an hour since we arrived and you're already ignoring me" Arjun added. Diya rolled her eyes and asked him to stay quiet in a "shush" she then moved aside and made place for him to sit. He, still wondering at what was going on, came and sat next to her. The cool air touched his face and he felt at ease. "Oh shit, I've missed this" Arjun said as he let the cool air hit his face. 

Shreya suddenly entered the room, "Oh god! You guys have totally lost it" she exclaimed seeing Arjun and diya turn crazy because of the Ac

"OH try living in the village and you'll know" Arjun said spreading on the bed a little. Diya got up to get comfortable clothes out of her cupboard. 

"I can't even deal with you right now bhaiya ugh, okay anyways bhabhi bhaiya, we need to go for Diwali shopping, it's already navratri and we don't know when you're coming next so mom told us to get it done today, so can we leave"

"Yes!" Diya exclaimed, she was dying to go somewhere, go out just walk around leisurely. "We can leave now, right now!" she added

no no no, Arjun shook his head to Diya, he wanted to cuddle with her and make out in this Ac room comfortable where no one would disturb them for site inspection or anything of that sort. 

"Arjun I am sorry I can not can not stay in the house, I need to go out ugh, I'll go with shreya you don't have to come" Diya said aloud

"Didn't you hear her, both of us need to go!" Arjun said irritably. 

Diya threw a pair of tshirt and shorts to him, "Here just change and come, we're waiting in the car!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 19.2K 22
Its big day for both family. Two family ready to bond by the name of marriage. But when the marriage become more of a heartbreak for both family be...
2.4M 123K 60
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
164K 8.8K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...
1.1M 49.9K 48
Meera Gupta, daughter of Niyati and Manish is an architect who comes back to India, after a long interval to visit her ailing grandfather, Prithviraj...