being a trouble

On the 4th day of the week's bed rest, Meera held the phone with one hand and her head with another.

"But ashok bhaisahab you have to understand, I can't come today, I have hurt my foot, you can ask them for a meeting another time as well" Diya said, she was getting frustrated.

 Arjun looked on as he meddled with a few papers of his. 

"investors aren't listening! what do you mean! I own this company, and they will have a meeting without me! you know what fuck this, I'll be there" saying this she hung up and tried getting off the bed.

"Oho, madam, what are you trying to do?"

"I need to get ready for my office"

"But the doctors said bed rest, remember?"

"Yeah but the doctors don't run my business and I really have to go"

"Of course, your business and money, those are the only things that matter" Arjun said, sarcastically. Diya just sighed, she couldn't explain what her company meant to her and she didn't find the need to explain it to Arjun.

"I dont have the patience to explain anything to you" murmured diya under her breath as she limped to the cupboard

"Don't even think about it, the doctor has said bed rest" Arjun said sternly

"And who are you to dictate me?"

Arjun slowly moved close to Diya and she ended up sitting on the bed, with both his hands placed on the bed and his face only a few inches away, Arjun said, "Your 'HUSBAND', dear wife, you only wanted to continue this marriage na" and then quickly moved away further adding, "and anyway, I don't think my family is going to let you bunk your mandatory bed rest"

"Bunk? mandatory? is this a house or boarding school" Murmured Diya under her breath and began surfing through the files in the drawer next to her bed. She brought out a file and began thinking how to transport it to her office.

Arjun who was now, putting on his blazer and getting his laptop bag ready, noticed her in this trance and felt guilty. Yeah maybe this girl had married him for her motive but he did hurt her in a physical manner. Some would call it physical abuse.

"You know, if there's some file that you need to send to the office, I could get it done" Arjun said impassively, still looking at the mirror 

"You could?" Diya said, grabbing the ray of optimism that she had just received, "But how can i trust you?" she added depicting her hesitance 

Moving his hands across the blazer, still noticing himself in the mirror Arjun said "You don't have a choice! and if it matters, I'll get one of the drivers to do it"

Diya huffed for she knew she had no choice and handed over the file to Arjun not before repeating the address of her office and the designated person to whom it must be handed. Arjun did ponder on her work ethic watching her articulate and meticulous care for her job. 

As Arjun turned the knob to go out of the room Diya blurted out "thanks a lot!", Arjun closed the door in response but his lips did curve a little

Arjun skipped a few steps of the stairs and reached the dining table with his bag in his hand. It was earlier than usual but Arjun didn't wanna stay at home feeling guilty for Diya's foot and also ending up having a banter with her. He asked the maid to make him his coffee and called up his driver "Haan, raju where are you?"

"Sir, i can't come today sir, i had to go to the village because it is my father's brother's son's wife's uncle's daughter's husband's friend's wedding sir"