Arjun Sir

The month passed by quickly. Diya and Arjun were beginning to be nicer to each other, understanding each other's temperaments while working together. There was balance of informal and formal working culture with individuals from different back grounds heading the task.

Diya liked working for some one else, it felt like it gave her more focus for her designated task and she didn't have to worry about all the decision making etc involved in the task. She had made the news of Gupta Goenka's CSR, public, in a very contained manner.

It was decided that the event would be held on independence day in the already functioning boys school. Preparations were being made, young tanned boys were practicing marching for the day. Arjun and Diya went for another site inspection to the school. As she passed by, she noticed and empty room with paints set on the table and a few canvasses lying here and there. It was dusty making it clear that the students barely used it. As Arjun walked ahead talking to one of the employees, Diya asked the headmaster, "why is this room so dusty? do the students not use this?"

"Madam, as you know, this is a boys school, they make fun of the boys who even want to paint, they think it's a woman's job, all of them used to not turn up to school, there was one painting teacher, she also stopped coming due to no cooperation from the student, so we just removed the period for them"

"But, art is essential right? There must be a few children at least who'd like to do it"

"yeah even if they like it, they don't do it due to peer pressure"

Arjun called her from ahead saying that they were getting late to inspect the electricity plant, she bid good bye to head master and went on.

Every night when Arjun and Diya would sleep they ensured that their faces weren't on the same side, it was kind of an unspoken rule.

Arjun pulled the sheets over him, his back was facing Diya's back, he was going to drift into sleep had Diya not called him, "Arjun" She whispered, their backs still facing each other.

"hmm" an exhausted Arjun replied

"Listen no"

"What Diya, did you see another Lizard" he said groggily

"oh shut up" She turned her face towards his back, she continued, "I was talking to the head master today"

"Hmm"

"Can you just listen for once!" Diya exclaimed as she demanded his attention. Arjun turned his face towards hers.

"You were talking to the head master and?" Arjun demanded

"and he said that the students in the boys school didn't want to paint and that they didn't have a teacher"

"and what do you suppose we do about that?" Arjun asked annoyed. Diya had a habit to find new problems every where and then try to solve them and as much as he appreciated that, it was also exhausting!

"I have an idea, but you have to promise to not get mad" Diya said. Arjun turned his back again towards her face, "Diya I'm really tired and sleepy, please!"

"tsk, Arjunnn!" She said as she shook him with her hands.

"ughhh" Arjun groaned like a baby, "What?"

"promise to not get mad?"

"DIya just say it!" He shouted, diya heard him scream at her after a really long time.

"Okay so, why don't you teach them how to paint"

Arjun turned his face towards Diya, stared at her for a moment and said, "No" before turning his back towards her again.